Page 31 of 238 FirstFirst ... 212728293031323334354181131 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    Is there any news regarding Texas and Josh Mabin? I feel A&M is pretty close to offering this kid. Obviously coming off an ACL tear so I guess teams want to see if he's fully healthy yet. Offering early could go a long way in situations like these though.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    A&M are, again, the leader for DE Jarrett Johnson, per ESPN.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    A&M are, again, the leader for DE Jarrett Johnson, per ESPN.
    "It (Friday Night Lights) was good," Johnson said of his second trip to Aggieland. "The scrimmage was on point. I think they're definitely my No. 1 again."

"At Texas, I went there for their spring game and it was cool. I got my chance to walk around on the field but we were up in the stands when the game started,"
    Johnson said. "At A&M I was down on the sidelines for the full [scrimmage]. It definitely felt a lot different. It was a little more comfortable."

"When I talked to him (Kevin Sumlin), it was like we've known each other for a while now," Johnson said.

"It was cool," Johnson said. "They laugh when the time is OK to laugh but they take care of business when it's time to take care of business."

"I might have [a decision], but knowing how the recruiting process has been so far, it'll probably happen a little bit later,"
    Johnson said. "I'll probably wait a little bit longer."

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Kenny Vaccaro visits Sports Science:

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:9134215

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    There hasn't been an official report on it yet, but the news feed over on 24/7 is saying Texas has offered RB Adam Choice of Thomasville, GA.

http://247sports.com/Player/Adam-Choice-11501

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzFYXbYSgco

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Update on WR Montrel Meander (24/7):

“Life has been great since I signed (with Texas),” said Meander. “Everything is good. I especially love the fact that now I don’t have to answer a lot of phone calls or narrow anything down. I can focus on what’s important to me.”

“Since I committed I’ve always looked forward to watching myself progress to the point where I can help my team win it all,” M
    eander explained. “Honestly, I’m very impatient to get down there and begin playing for Coach (Mack) Brown.”

“They’ve told me they want me to play as a true freshman,”
    he said. “They want me on the field. Coach Brown and Coach (Darrell) Wyatt say that my speed will be a lot of help. They feel like I’ll be able to really stretch the field. I’m definitely okay with that too. That was my job on offense this past season for Palo Duro. I used my speed to my advantage and will continue to do so.”

“I’ve been doing the workouts for about three weeks now that they sent over to me,”
    Meander said. “They get pretty intense week after week. I’ve also changed my diet up for the better. I’m hoping that makes a big difference as well. I’m eating a lot healthier. I know if I stick to both, I will see some changes before I report down there.”

“As far as track goes, I’m doing well,”
    he added. “I run the sprint relay. I run the 4x2 and the 200 and have done good. My fastest 200 time this year has been a 22.3 so far. I’m actually planning on running the 100 this weekend just so I can see how fast of a time I get on it.”

“I tell myself every single time I get to perform, whether it’s on the football field or the track, that I will perform like it’s my last time shining. I just want to do whatever I possibly can to earn a starting position on the football field and that’s what I plan to do.”

Has shaken hands with #50 ThePop's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Jarrett Johnson realizes that as a player he will be on the field right?

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    FYI that Nike is holding an NFTC (Nike Football Training Camp) tomorrow in Allen, TX. Most of the top-notch prospects from the region will be in attendance along with some 2015 guys as well. Basically, you have to attend this event if you want an invitation to The Opening in Oregon this summer. I'll post anything relevant that I can find once reports are published. This event is always interesting because it's this type of setting where new names seem to surface.

Post Count
    Sounds like we're definitely in a good spot to land Soso Jamabo.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    2015 S Deionte Thompson of West Orange-Stark reviews his visit to Texas last weekend (HornsNation):

“He (Patrick Suddes) was walking toward me and smiling and I was like, ‘Oh, wow,’ ”
    Thompson said. “He told me what happened and that he’s at Texas now. That was cool. I was just shocked more than anything.”

“I didn’t know he was at Texas until I got there,”
    he said. “That was pretty surprising.”

“I felt that (Texas) offer was great,” he said. “Just the fact that coach Mack Brown offered me is great. It was great and meant a lot to me growing up as a Texas fan and watching them. The coaches were just telling me that they want me there at Texas, that I mean a lot to them.”

“I didn’t feel conflicted. My commitment to Bama is strong right now,”
    he said. “Texas is No. 2.”

“They were mainly focused on how much they wanted me there, how I can make an impact on Texas’ program,”
    he said. “They said I should close to home. I have a relative who lives in Austin, and they wanted me to know they want me to stay close to home.”

“Me and Earl (Thomas) have been in contact. When he’s down in Orange, we work out most of the days he’s here,”
    Thompson said. “He’s told me coach [Duane] Akina is a great coach and a cool guy. He says he really responds to how we need to be coached and that he’s a great man, a great coach and everything about him is great.”

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    WR Kendall Sanders has been arrested for DUI. Yay.

http://justiceweb.co.brazos.tx.us/Sc...%253D274154599

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    They'll get you in College Station. No doubt. Especially this weekend.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Talking about Chilifest...wow.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    FYI that Nike is holding an NFTC (Nike Football Training Camp) tomorrow in Allen, TX. Most of the top-notch prospects from the region will be in attendance along with some 2015 guys as well. Basically, you have to attend this event if you want an invitation to The Opening in Oregon this summer. I'll post anything relevant that I can find once reports are published. This event is always interesting because it's this type of setting where new names seem to surface.
    WR KD Cannon showed up at the event in Baylor gear.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Some pictures from the Nike Football Training Camp:

2015 OL Maea Teuhema and DE Sione Teuhema

DT Trey Lealaimatafao

OL Demetrius Knox and RB/FB Daniel Gresham

WR Lorenzo Joe

2015 CB Jalen Campbell

CB/S Tony Brown

WR KD Cannon

2015 DT Bryce English

S Jamal Adams

2015 RB Soso Jamabo

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    RB/FB Daniel Gresham takes out some poor soul on a blocking drill:

https://vine.co/v/bTxFd6LjLIw

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Some notable absences today are WR Roderick Bernard, CB Darrion Johnson and 2015 CB Kendall Sheffield.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Perroni247: The #Sooners offered 2014 DE Sione Teuhema and 2015 OL Maea Teuhema yesterday. They're visiting #TAMU on Wednesday

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Cool video of a 7 year-old cancer patient scoring a TD during Nebraska's spring game:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Jmis...ature=youtu.be

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Perroni247: 5-star composite DE Solomon Thomas has lost all bad weight. He's cut now. Definitely a DE at next level

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    DE Solomon Thomas takes home DL MVP, WR Lorenzo Joe takes home WR MVP and CB/S Tony Brown takes home DB MVP.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Pretty cool announcement from Nike. They're combing the Elite 11 Finals and The Opening this summer. I'm assuming it will still take place in Oregon.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Allen has one nice stadium, wow.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    DE Solomon Thomas of Coppell tweeted that he has received an invite to The Opening this summer.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Perroni247: 5-star composite DE Solomon Thomas has lost all bad weight. He's cut now. Definitely a DE at next level
    This picture is from his Arkansas visit, but he sure does look cut.

Thread Information