Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    From OL Demetrius Knox a couple of minutes ago:

@meechy77
    Wow... I see I don't have the people behind me right now... Cool

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    From OL Demetrius Knox a couple of minutes ago: @meechy77 Wow... I see I don't have the people behind me right now... Cool
    I want the kid but he should just decommit, explore the grounds and make a decision. I don't want another A Robinson 2.0 And to be fair, they changed the rule after his commitment.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    I thought that was always Mack's rule.

Aggieland Spurs Fan LoneStarState'sPride's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    Reiterated for emphasis

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    It was but for some reason Mack let A'Shawn Robinson take official visits and that episode happened. Now, everyone knows about it and the rule has been ultra reinforced.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    It was but for some reason Mack let A'Shawn Robinson take official visits and that episode happened. Now, everyone knows about it and the rule has been ultra reinforced.
    You have to wonder if this is even an issue if A'Shawn didn't go with Alabama. It hit Mack hard and he's acting like he was blindsided even though A'Shawn took three official visits. The worst part is there was no contingency plan put in place by the staff and Texas was left without a single defensive lineman in 2013. It's almost as if Mack is doing this to make himself feel better because he knows top-notch recruits are starting to doubt the Texas program. When it comes to Knox, I've viewed him as a "soft" verbal since he committed. He likes the recruiting game too much and I think there's drama surrounding him even if Mack didn't reinforce this rule. He may end up with Texas but his recruitment won't be without its frustrating moments.

Has shaken hands with #50 ThePop's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    From OL Demetrius Knox a couple of minutes ago:

@meechy77
    Wow... I see I don't have the people behind me right now... Cool

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Mack has had a pretty firm rule in place for lower ranked recruits, but for the big time recruits he has let them stay committed and take visits as long as they keep him in the loop. He treats the must have kids different than the 3-star kids.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Mack has had a pretty firm rule in place for lower ranked recruits, but for the big time recruits he has let them stay committed and take visits as long as they keep him in the loop. He treats the must have kids different than the 3-star kids.
    That's why I'm so interested to see how this plays out. Mack makes a bold claim but when these four-stars and five-stars start looking around, just how hard is he going to search for their potential replacements? We all know how he hates going outside of his comfort zone when it comes to recruiting. Either he's talking nonsense and nothing will happen, or he's going to have to be prepared for the consequences if this policy pushes a recruit he really covets to another school.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Since we're talking about Mack's recruiting policy, here's a good read on some of the new recruiting rules being implemented by the NCAA. Some SEC schools like Alabama, Florida and Georgia already have staffs of 20+ getting ready for the change. Texas doesn't even have a recruiting coordinator for defense as things stand.

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/re...-text-messages

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    2013 ESPN 300 prospect DT Tevin Lawson (Denham Springs, La./Denham Springs) might still be a week away from deciding his future.

After visiting Kentucky over the weekend, Lawson will fly to TCU for an official visit Wednesday morning, his high school coach, Dru Nettles said. He is also pondering whether to stay in Texas for an official visit with the Longhorns over the weekend.

"It sounds like he had a good trip to Kentucky," Nettles said of Lawson, who projects as a defensive tackle by the schools that are recruiting him. "The interest from the big schools has been picking up. He's turned down Oklahoma, Miami and Oklahoma State."

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    2013 ESPN 300 prospect DT Tevin Lawson (Denham Springs, La./Denham Springs) might still be a week away from deciding his future.

After visiting Kentucky over the weekend, Lawson will fly to TCU for an official visit Wednesday morning, his high school coach, Dru Nettles said. He is also pondering whether to stay in Texas for an official visit with the Longhorns over the weekend.

"It sounds like he had a good trip to Kentucky," Nettles said of Lawson, who projects as a defensive tackle by the schools that are recruiting him. "The interest from the big schools has been picking up. He's turned down Oklahoma, Miami and Oklahoma State."
    Great find! TCU will be his fourth official visit and Texas could become his fifth. He hopes to have thing wrapped up sometime next week.

Just to clarify for those wondering, he haven't signed his LOI because LSU changed his scholarship offer to a greyshirt.

Post Count
    ESPN had a report on Mack's new policy when it comes to commitments taking visits. OL Demetrius Knox isn't happy about it which isn't much of a surprise. Apparently he called Mack and Searels before he left Junior Day to talk things over:

"I feel like, regardless, if you are committed or not, you should be allowed to take visits and official visits to other colleges because, what happens your freshman and sop re year if you are at a university and you didn't take those visits?" Knox said. "You might have second thoughts or whatever. If you went on those visits you get to decide what school is best for you so you can never have second thoughts."
    So don't ing commit.
    On one hand you can't blame a kid for taking visits to other schools. Some kid that committed to UT two years ago as a junior when it appeared UT might be back on the upswing, suddenly sees UT in a free fall in his senior season and not a good place to play anymore. So, you can't blame the kid for exploring other options and opportunity.

I just wish the NCAA would ban recruiting players until they are offically seniors (May of their junior year). This would stop a lot of this bull .

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    Not a very wise approach IMO.

Rising above the Fray spursncowboys's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    So don't ing commit.
    Precisely!

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    To be fair, the kid committed before the rule. He thought he could do what Robinson was doing.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    OU has been cleaning up their staff

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    On one hand you can't blame a kid for taking visits to other schools. Some kid that committed to UT two years ago as a junior when it appeared UT might be back on the upswing, suddenly sees UT in a free fall in his senior season and not a good place to play anymore. So, you can't blame the kid for exploring other options and opportunity.

I just wish the NCAA would ban recruiting players until they are offically seniors (May of their junior year). This would stop a lot of this bull .
    You do realize that UT won 9 games last year. Now if you are saying we are down from what Texas fans are used to, I agree, but I'd hardly say we are free falling.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    OU has been cleaning up their staff
    Good. He's visiting UT on the 23rd.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Latest with OL Terrell Cuney of Jasper (OrangeBloods):

"That's just something I love to do - compete," Cuney said. "My whole family is like that."

"Texas is probably the most interested right now. Oklahoma State came a couple weeks ago. TCU had come by and introduced themselves to me,"
    Cuney said. "Texas Tech and Florida State have been sending me letters."

"I want to see the facilities (at Texas). I want to go in the classrooms, see how it is. I want to see the field house, I just want one school to amaze me," Cuney said. "When I walk in, I just want to have one school blow me away and make me want to play there."

"Texas, no doubt (is number one). They show the most interest. I get a lot of Facebook messages from them, pretty much every day,"
    Cuney said. "It amazes me, with me coming from Texas, for the University of Texas to be looking at me like they are. I love Texas. But like I said, I'm keeping my options open."

"Everyone is recruiting me as a true center, but I feel I can play anywhere they put me,"
    Cuney said. "I like the part at center, being in control of the line. Center is the most important part of line, and I'm not just saying that because I play it. You get to call the shots, tell people where to go. You have to be the smartest one, have to be able to locate the MIKE linebacker, tell the linemen where to go. I like to be a boss."

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Per 24/7, Texas recently offered OL Joseph Paul of St. Augustine HS in New Orleans, LA. He's the high school teammate of RB Leonard Fournette. Both guys are expected in Austin next weekend for the second Junior Day.

http://247sports.com/Player/Joseph-Paul-16966

"Texas, I know they are a great program, and I liked the Longhorns growing up when I lived in Texas. Texas head coach Mack Brown came by the school and offered me a few weeks ago. I think me and a couple of teammates are supposed to go to junior day Feb. 23."

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Im very excited about the recruitment of Leonard Fournette. I wouldnt think that we had a chance but with Porter on our side, I think we do. Its down to Alabama, LSU, Aggies, and us. And if he shows up for Jr Day, that will be HUGE!

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    We already have 2 RBs committed, I wonder if that will effect his interest in any way

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    We already have 2 RBs committed, I wonder if that will effect his interest in any way
    Well, the coaches can always say that Gresham is more of a FB and bc they didnt sign a RB last class they will take 2 this one. Plus, Fournette is a freak of nature so Im sure it wont affect him. Im more worried about scaring Catalon away.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Good article on Texas and other schools reinforcing the "no visit" policy for commitments:

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/re...e-little-sense

Thread Information