Page 53 of 238 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763103153 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,325 of 5940
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    OL Thomas Aschraft, who just graduated from UT and decided to give up football despite having one year of eligibility left, has had a change of heart but will suit up for SMU in 2013.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Soso is quite a name there.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Three things to keep in mind for the week:

1.) DE Sione Teuhema and 2015 OL Maea Teuhema are scheduled to make their commitments on Thursday. It's expected to be Texas.

2.) The spring evaluation period ends on Friday, May 31st.

3.) Texas' first summer camp will be held this weekend on Sunday, June 2nd. If I'm not mistaken, this will be mainly for 2014 prospects.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    LB Andrew Beck of Tampa, FL excited to return to Austin this weekend (OrangeBloods):

"It feels great, feels awesome. Going into spring, I could focus on playing football. A couple other guys, multiple offer guys, see the stressed they can be because they have to balance working with college coaches, worry how they do. It's a little easier for me," Beck said. "I've only got guy that I have to worry about impressing and I can focus on playing football."

"You just go out and play. Hopefully he (Manny Diaz) saw what it was he recruited me for, what he saw on film,"
    Beck said. "I just try to go out and do what I usually do."

"Really, when I committed - and it's still engrained in the back of my mind - it was the people there. I managed to go to couple in-state places, I made it out to Stanford. It's how you're going to feel when you're not at home,"
    Beck said. "You're going to be away from family, they won't be able to see as much. You want to feel at home, and that's how I felt."

"I was always a Texas fan growing up, especially when I lived there. When schools come in, they ask (Weiner) if I'm going to stay at Texas. He has a picture he shows them of me and Mack Brown when I was at camp when I was six years old,"
    Beck said. "He shows them that and that pretty much ends it. I'm happy with where I'm going."

"I'm going down on June 2 for the camp. I fly down on Saturday, leave on Sunday night and will be back at school on Monday. I'm just excited to go back,"
    Beck said. "I loved it when I was there. I get to go back, now that I'm committed, and have different conversations with the coaches. Now it will be as a player. The recruiting side was awesome, but I'm ready to see the other side of it, how they coach."

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Update on LB/S Edwin Freeman of Arlington Bowie (24/7):

“Texas is still my number one,” said Freeman. “It’s Texas, TCU then Texas A&M in that order. Those are my three favorites.”

“One of the big reasons that Texas is out there in the front is because of Coach (Duane) Akina and him recruiting me as a safety still,” Freeman said. “Texas A&M and TCU both are recruiting me as a linebacker, which is fine, but I prefer safety. LSU hasn’t told me which they want me at yet though."

“But Texas, they told me I will start out at safety and if it doesn’t work out, then I can move. The others aren’t saying that. Plus, Texas has Coach Akina.”

“Them being the team I always liked helps them a lot too,”
    said Freeman. “I’ve always been a Texas fan no matter what. That’s another reason I have them as my favorite now.”

“LSU offered me two or three weeks ago,”
    Freeman said. “One of their coaches came by and talked to me, then he told me I had an offer. They’re a program I’m interested in. I like their defensive style of play and that they’re in the SEC. They’re a good team.”

“I plan to make my decision after I visit LSU,” Freeman said. “I don’t know exactly when I’m going to yet, but it should be here pretty soon. I want to make a decision by this summer, so I know it will happen before too long.”

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Baylor with a video for their new uniforms:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=n0vllPNL32U#!

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    DT Courtney Garnett speaks on solidifying his commitment to Texas (OrangeBloods):

"It was (a soft commitment) at one point but things changed. They wanted me to take my ACT," Garnett said. "The week I committed, I did it that same weekend. I got scores back so it's good now."

"That's a relief. I try to tell the young guys to keep their grades up, that's the most important thing. They can't ever take that away from you."

"Everything is still good. I think I'm going up for the camp next weekend. I don't know if I'm going to work out, I'm just going back up to talk to the coaches and things like that,"
    Garnett said. "I may work out. I don't know yet."

"I talked to coach Bo (on Saturday). He asked me if I was coming up for the camp,"
    Garnett said. "We talk very often. We stay in touch. He just makes sure to see how I'm doing. The conversations are usually pretty brief. He came and saw me in spring practice not too long ago too."

"That's (relationship with Bo Davis) what solidified the commitment. Just being able to build a relationship like that, so fast, that's what wanted to make me commit,"
    Garnett said. "I think he's a great coach, one of the best on the college level and NFL level. I think I'm going to get a lot from him."

"I always try to keep myself safe in the recruiting process. I try to keep my relationships good with all the coaches,"
    Garnett said. "I tell them and they know I'm committed, but I just try to keep myself safe with a balanced relationship with all the coaches."

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    More from 2015 ATH Kris Boyd of Gilmer (HornsNation). He's the first cousin of former Texas CB Curtis Brown and is expected to camp at UT in June:

“It would be exciting, probably emotional (to receive a Texas offer),” Boyd said. “I wouldn’t try to show it, but I’d be happy. I would be overwhelmed. I probably would commit. Right now, I’m just waiting.”

“Being there (at UT) with the coaches and players was pretty cool,”
    Boyd said. “I saw the trophies and got to pick up the Heisman. That was pretty heavy. The coaches talked about Curtis (Brown) a little bit, about what he was good at.”

“I like myself as a corner, but as of now I’ll do anything it takes for my team,”
    he said. “I want to be different. I knew everyone would compare me to Curtis. I don’t really like the comparisons, but I do look up to him.”

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    First list for the upcoming June 2nd summer camp, per 24/7:

QB, Jerrod Heard, Denton Guyer
    QB/ATH, Aaron Sharp, Humble Summer Creek
    RB, Royce Caldwell, Columbus
    WR, Roderick Bernard, Houston Sharpstown
    WR, Lorenzo Joe, Abilene Cooper
    WR, Dorian Leonard, Longview
    TE, Anthony Jones, Edna Karr (New Orleans, LA)
    OL/DL, Mason Denley, Columbus
    DT, Trae Gardner, San Antonio Roosevelt
    DT, Courtney Garnett, St. Augustine (New Orleans, LA)
    DT, Trey Lealaimatafao, San Antonio Warren
    DE, Derick Roberson, San Antonio Brennan
    LB, Otaro Alaka, Cypress Falls
    LB, Andrew Beck, Plant (Tampa, FL)
    CB, Jermaine Roberts, St. Augustine (New Orleans, LA)
    S, Jamal Adams, Carrollton Hebron

QB, Kyle Kearns, Foothill (Pleasanton, CA)
    QB, Jarrett Stidham, Stephenville
    OL, Isaiah Edward, Round Rock
    DT, Du'Vonta Lampkin, Cypress Falls
    DE, Breylin Mitc , Round Rock

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Updated list for the June 2nd camp, per 24/7:

RB, Donald Catalon, Aldine Eisenhower
    RB, Larenzo Stewart, Klein Oak
    OL, Andrew Bluiett, Beaumont West Brook
    OL, Terrell Cuney, Jasper
    DT/DE, Jake McMillon, Abilene
    DE, Victor Evans, Dallas Skyline
    DE/LB, Sione Teuhema, Keller
    LB, Cameron Hampton, Dallas Carter
    S, John Bonney, Houston Lamar
    S, Arrion Springs, San Antonio Roosevelt
    ATH, Trey Roberts, Aldine Eisenhower

WR, DaMarkus Lodge, Cedar Hill
    TE, Jordan Davis, Houston Clear Lake **committed to Florida State
    OL, Maea Teuhema, Keller
    LB, Cameron Townsend, Fort Bend Ridge Point
    S. Justin Dunning, Whitehouse

**The St. Augustine crew of RB Leonard Fournette, DT Courtney Garnett and CB Jermaine Roberts are scheduled to camp at UT but it's unclear which date that will be. It could be this Sunday or it could be for the multi-day camp in mid-June.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Apparently Texas has offered QB/ATH Quinton Flowers of Jackson (Fl.)

For a unranked guy, he have a pretty good offer list, including Alabama, Tennessee, TCU and Nebraska

http://247sports.com/Recruitment/Qui...cruitInterests

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSmS3lJchSs

EDIT: Saw the Texas offer on his Rivals page.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    According to OrangeBloods, QB Aaron Sharp of Humble Summer Creek was offered by Texas last night as an ATH.

http://247sports.com/Player/Aaron-Sharp-19741

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/489674/#highlights/34993374

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    2015 QB Chason Virgil of West Mesquite talks about a potential offer and camping at Texas on June 9th (24/7):

“It's not really heavy right now,” Virgil said. “Everything's perfect. I'm picking up offers and ending the spring with a few offers I wanted has been great.”

“I'll go there and toss the ball around and chill with Coach Applewhite,” Virgil said. “Texas has a great system. I got a chance to see them practice a little bit and I like the way they do things. Texas is a great school.”

“They (Texas) said if I come to the camp they'll offer me, but obviously that depends on how well I throw the ball,” Virgil said. “I just like that Coach Applewhite gets a chance to evaluate me more and put me in situations where he can see what I do.”

“It's like RGIII said – no pressure, no diamonds,” Virgil said. “You have to live for pressure. In a big-time game, where you've got the ball with a minute left and you're down, that's not pressure. That's what you live for as a quarterback.”

“If you want to win games that's what has to happen,” Virgil said. “I feel like I can fit in just about anywhere and make it work. I know for the schools looking for a mobile quarterback I can go in and fit what they do.”

“Depending on how the summer goes I could see myself committing by the end of the summer,” Virgil said. “Right now, the set time I have is after my junior season.”

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I meant to write this above, but for anyone wondering about QB Aaron Sharp's speed, he won the 4A state le in the 200m beating out names like CB Antwuan Davis, WR Robbie Rhodes, WR Montrel Meander and WR KD Cannon.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    HornsNation interviews WR KD Cannon:

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:9322480

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Per OrangeBloods, LB Josh Mabin, CB Darrion Johnson and ATH Kevin Shorter are "maybes" for this Sunday's camp.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    24/7 reporting another 2015 offer is out. No name right now.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    24/7 reporting another 2015 offer is out. No name right now.
    It's 2015 WR Kemah Siverand of Cypress Ridge.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Updated list for this Sunday's summer camp (aka J2). Guys in red are unconfirmed:

RB, Donald Catalon, Aldine Eisenhower
    RB, Larenzo Stewart, Klein Oak
    WR, Raelon Singleton, Crosby
    OL, Andrew Bluiett, Beaumont West Brook
    OL, Robert Castaneda, Round Rock
    OL, Terrell Cuney, Jasper
    DT/DE, Jake McMillon, Abilene
    DE, Victor Evans, Dallas Skyline
    DE/LB, Sione Teuhema, Keller
    LB, Cameron Hampton, Dallas Carter
    LB, Josh Mabin, Klein Oak
    LB, Quanta Moore, Edna Karr (New Orleans, LA)
    CB, Darrion Johnson, Navasota
    S, John Bonney, Houston Lamar
    S, Arrion Springs, San Antonio Roosevelt
    ATH, Trey Roberts, Aldine Eisenhower **committed to OK State
    ATH, Kevin Shorter, Newton

QB, Nathan Elliott, Celina
    WR, DaMarkus Lodge, Cedar Hill
    TE, Jordan Davis, Houston Clear Lake **committed to Florida State
    OL, Maea Teuhema, Keller
    LB, Cameron Townsend, Fort Bend Ridge Point
    CB, Wilan Antoine, Alief Taylor
    CB, Jordan Tolbert, Fort Bend Ridge Point
    S. Justin Dunning, Whitehouse
    S, Jaylon Lane, San Angelo Central
    S, Kenneth McGruder, Alief Taylor
    Last edited by TFloss32; 05-30-2013 at 05:25 PM.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    DE/LB Sione Teuhema and 2015 OL Maea Teuhema have committed to Texas.

Last edited by TFloss32; 05-30-2013 at 08:59 PM.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Quotes from DE/LB Sione Teuhema and 2015 OL Maea Teuhema after committing to Texas (OrangeBloods):

"Two weeks ago," responded Sione about when the decision was made. "I was sitting in my room playing the guitar and piano, and he (Maea) came into my room and said, 'I think we should go to Texas.' And I was like, 'alright.' That was pretty much it."

"I was in my room thinking about LSU and some of the football players over there said they see their family like once a year,"
    said the No. 14 prospect in the 2015 LSR 100. "And I said 'I don't think I could do that.' Texas was the right choice."

"Oh, yeah. I can't leave my mom and dad,"
    said older brother Sione, a 2014 defensive linemen. "That (playing together in college) was a done deal."

"They're really happy,"
    stated Sione. "My dad and mom liked Texas when we went there and they kept on begging us: 'Please go to Texas.' We kept on telling them LSU to make them sad, to play around. [When] we told them Texas they were really excited."

"I'm really excited for that,"
    Maea said. "I thought we were going to be separated in college."

"He was really excited,"
    Sione said about Giles. "I guess he was sleeping or something. He was in a hotel by himself after going to like San Antonio or something. And I told him and he said he started jumping around in his hotel room and he was going to call his wife and kids and say we have a new member of the Texas family."

"I have no idea,"
    he responded about playing guard or tackle. "I'll just play anywhere."

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    2015 WR Kemah Siverand talks about picking up a Texas offer yesterday (OrangeBloods):

"As soon as I got into athletics period, my DB coach said he wanted to talk to me. I was on the phone with coach (Oscar) Giles before I knew it," Siverand said. "After the conversation with coach Giles, coach (Mack) Brown was on the phone. He offered me right there. It was pretty exciting. I was just excited from them on."

"I'm back down to earth, but I was really excited. It's really mind blowing,"
    Siverand said. "I had no intentions of getting that offer, but I had always been praying throughout the night, just to make my mom and dad proud. To get that offer, I'm very excited about that."

"They've already watched my film. They already know I can play football. I really want to show them at the camp that their offer is worth it,"
    Siverand said.

"Right now, I just want to sit down and talk to my parents, have them make that decision along with me. I try to be really respectful to my dad, and he was telling me that this decision is solely up to me," Siverand said. "So when it comes to signing day or before signing day, I'll let people know then. But I'm not ready to make that decision yet."

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Quick update on QB/ATH Aaron Sharp after receiving his Texas offer (OrangeBloods):

"I know a lot about Texas. They have big-time fans. I know pretty much all the coaches, what type of system they run. I know how things run down there. I just want to see what they're talking about. They have me as an athlete, so I want to come down and talk to coach Applewhite, see what he thinks," Sharp said.

"In a couple weeks I should start narrowing schools down,"
    Sharp said. "I'll take some visits in the summer and hopefully commit before my senior season starts."

"I really don't know yet. I will have to talk to coach Brown, coach Applewhite, coach Wyatt, see what they're thinking, what their thoughts are about me,"
    Sharp said. "I'll definitely know where they stand as far as putting my schools together after Sunday, after I talk to them."

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Heard that '15 OG Patrick Vahe from Euless Trinity is the cousin of the Teuhema's?

Thread Information