Page 54 of 238 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864104154 ... LastLast
Results 1,326 to 1,350 of 5940
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Heard that '15 OG Patrick Vahe from Euless Trinity is the cousin of the Teuhema's?
    Yep. That one seems to be a matter of time. My only concern is that would give Texas three guards for 2015.

I don't think Teuhema's ideal postiion is going to be tackle unless Searels (or whoever) is forced to put him there.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Great news.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    24/7 reporting that Texas has invited 2015 S Johnny Shaw of Center to the June 9th summer camp and has told him he will be offered at that time. Y'all may remember he committed to TCU recently on an unofficial visit, but he still loves Texas.

http://247sports.com/Player/Johnny-Shaw-28118

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1570690/...ights/48025375

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    A&M cancels their future home-and-home match-ups with USC and Oregon:

http://espn.go.com/blog/pac12/post/_...ops-usc-oregon

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Per HornsNation, DE Jarrett Johnson will be camping at UT this Sunday morning. He's supposed to hit A&M's camp later that afternoon. Interested to see what happens with this guy as it doesn't seem either school has pursued him for a couple of weeks now.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Also from HornsNation, JUCO WR D'haquille Williams is supposed to make an official visit to Texas at some point this summer (likely July):

“I haven’t told nobody my favorite five yet, but I’ll tell you: It’s LSU, Texas, Texas A&M, Auburn and Oklahoma State,” Williams said.

“I’ve got a visit coming up soon to go to Texas,” he said. “They’re setting that up right now. It’ll be an official visit to the University of Texas and it’ll be this summer. I’m looking forward to checking out Texas.”

“I’ve been loving that program since I was young, since Jamaal Charles and Mike Griffin and Aaron Ross
    were there,” Williams said. “I know a lot about their program. They’ve got that spread and they’re going to throw that thing, but they’re an all-around team. I like that. And you know Mack Brown, he just wants to win.”

“What made me decommit from LSU? So many superstars on one team,”
    Williams said. “You can’t have too many superstars on one team and expect all of them to produce and all of them to be on the field at one time."

“I saw it myself by looking at their recruiting and the number of four-star and five-star receivers they’ve got. I’m not coming there to ride the bench. I’m not that type of person. I’m a playmaker.”

“I like a winning school. That’s what I want to be part of. I don’t want to be part of a losing school,”
    Williams said. “I don’t care how good you think you are, I don’t want to be 2-10. It’s about this season and whoever throws the ball the most. At the end of the season, I’m going to look at whoever threw that ball the most.”

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Updated list for this Sunday's summer camp (aka J2). Guys in red are unconfirmed:

QB, Jerrod Heard, Denton Guyer TEXAS
    QB/ATH, Aaron Sharp, Humble Summer Creek
    RB, Royce Caldwell, Columbus
    RB, Donald Catalon, Aldine Eisenhower TEXAS
    RB, Vincent Dunning, Whitehouse
    RB, Larenzo Stewart, Klein Oak
    WR, Roderick Bernard, Houston Sharpstown TEXAS
    WR, Armanti Foreman, Texas City
    WR, Lorenzo Joe, Abilene Cooper TEXAS
    WR, Dorian Leonard, Longview
    WR, Raelon Singleton, Crosby
    TE, Anthony Jones, Edna Karr (New Orleans, LA)
    OL, Andrew Bluiett, Beaumont West Brook
    OL, Terrell Cuney, Jasper TEXAS
    OL, Phoenix son, Aldine Eisenhower
    OL, Bobby Limon, Buda Hays
    OL/DL, Mason Denley, Columbus
    DT, Trae Gardner, San Antonio Roosevelt
    DT, Trey Lealaimatafao, San Antonio Warren TEXAS
    DT/DE, Jake McMillon, Abilene TEXAS
    DE, Victor Evans, Dallas Skyline
    DE, Jarrett Johnson, Katy Seven Lakes
    DE, Derick Roberson, San Antonio Brennan TEXAS
    DE/LB, Sione Teuhema, Keller TEXAS
    LB, Otaro Alaka, Cypress Falls TEXAS
    LB, Andrew Beck, Plant (Tampa, FL) TEXAS
    LB, Dylan Douglass, Canyon
    LB, Cameron Hampton, Dallas Carter TEXAS
    LB, Josh Mabin, Klein Oak
    LB, Quanta Moore, Edna Karr (New Orleans, LA)
    CB, Darrion Johnson, Navasota
    S, Jamal Adams, Carrollton Hebron
    S, John Bonney, Houston Lamar
    S, Mookie Carlile, Stephenville
    S, Arrion Springs, San Antonio Roosevelt
    ATH, Trey Roberts, Aldine Eisenhower **committed to OK State
    ATH, Kevin Shorter, Newton

QB, Nathan Elliott, Celina
    QB, Kyle Kearns, Foothill (Pleasanton, CA)
    QB, Jarrett Stidham, Stephenville
    WR, DaMarkus Lodge, Cedar Hill
    WR, James Proche, Dallas Prime Prep Academy
    TE, Jordan Davis, Houston Clear Lake **committed to Florida State
    OL, Isaiah Edwards, Round Rock
    OL, Joshua Jones, Fort Bend Bush
    OL, Maea Teuhema, Keller TEXAS
    DT, Bryce English, DeSoto TEXAS
    DT, Du'Vonta Lampkin, Cypress Falls
    DE, Breylin Mitc , Round Rock
    LB, Cameron Townsend, Fort Bend Ridge Point
    CB, Wilan Antoine, Alief Taylor
    CB, Jordan Tolbert, Fort Bend Ridge Point
    S. Justin Dunning, Whitehouse
    S, Jaylon Lane, San Angelo Central
    S, Kenneth McGruder, Alief Taylor
    ATH, Dominique Daniels, San Antonio Madison
    ATH, John Humphrey, League City Clear Falls

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    2015 CB Jalen Campbell tweeted that he'll be in Austin this Sunday, but he obviously won't work out because of his recent knee injury.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Per 24/7, WR Armanti Foreman, RB D'Onta Foreman and 2015 LB D'Vonta Hinton of Texas City will be in Austin on Sunday.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    HornsNation saying CB Darrion Johnson will be in attendance tomorrow.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Some of the 2013 class checked into the dorms this weekend:

http://www.mackbrown-texasfootball.c....gal?id=142493

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    24/7 confirmed that RB Larenzo Stewart of Klein Oak will not attend either one of Texas' camps.

south central hood rat the chronic's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Add 2017 LB Dylan Moses to list of confirmed for Sunday

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...n-Moses-142732

Post Count
    HornsNation saying CB Darrion Johnson will be in attendance tomorrow.
    What's his status? Is he even going to be eligible?

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    You never know what's going to happen at these summer camps and we may see a guy or two get offered that we haven't heard of before, but the following names are the ones I'd put on "offer watch" after working out for the coaches tomorrow (assuming they show up):

RB, Royce Caldwell, Columbus
    WR, Raelon Singleton, Crosby
    TE, Anthony Jones, Edna Karr (New Orleans, LA)
    OL, Andrew Bluiett, Beaumont West Brook
    OL/DL, Mason Denley, Columbus
    DT, Trae Gardner, San Antonio Roosevelt
    S, Mookie Carlile, Stephenville

QB, Kyle Kearns, Foothill (Pleasanton, CA)
    QB, Jarrett Stidham, Stephenville
    WR, James Proche, Dallas Prime Prep Academy
    OL, Joshua Jones, Fort Bend Bush
    DT, Du'Vonta Lampkin, Cypress Falls
    DE, Breylin Mitc , Round Rock
    S, Jaylon Lane, San Angelo Central

-Caldwell is short and slight at 5-7/165, but he's blazing fast. He doesn't have any offers at this time and a lot of that has to do with him missing his junior year due to injury. Giles told his coaching staff during the spring eval period that if he could run around a 4.4 at the Texas summer camp, he's probably pick up an offer. The chances of that happening have already increased because RB Larenzo Stewart of Klein Oak says he won't be in town at all. He's definitely an all-purpose guy, not an every down back, so he'd be a nice complement to Catalon in this class.

-Singleton is currently committed to Utah and is coming off of shoulder surgery, but he's supposed to work out tomorrow. He has nice size at 6-4 and good speed but I don't know that he's high enough on the WR board for Texas to offer with so many offers out to other prospects. Keep in mind QB/ATH Aaron Sharp was just offered at WR so you have to take that into consideration. Sharp could pull the trigger this weekend if he likes what the staff has to say even though he does want a shot at QB.

-A. Jones is a guy Texas has been flirting with since February and everyone has been wondering what the staff is waiting on since he's maintained that UT is the offer he's always wanted. He didn't play a lot for Edna Karr last season so I think it's a matter of Texas wanting to do an in-person evaluation before making any moves since they don't have a lot of film to go off of. I expect Applewhite/Porter/Chambers to like what they see tomorrow and officially offer unless they want to wait a few days to watch TE Bryce Dixon of Ventura, CA when he rolls into town.

-I believe Denley has the best shot at an offer tomorrow. I think the staff knows TE/OL/DL Koda Martin of Manvel is probably going to A&M, so he could be "Plan B" if they want that big athlete. I think Searels likes him at tackle because he's 6-5 with long arms but he could project to the defensive line or even a jumbo TE. He's steadily getting more attention as the year goes on.

-Bluiett is the younger brother of current Texas DE Caleb Bluiett. Unless UT likes him on the defensive line, I do not expect this one to go down because he projects to guard and Texas needs tackles. However, he is a big-time powerlifter with great strength so a lot will depend on his performance tomorrow.

-Gardner is best friends with S Arrion Springs and accompanied him to Austin on his recent unofficial visit. This is another one I don't see happening unless Diaz/Davis like his size, technique and quickness.

-Carlile is definitely lower on the DB recruiting board but he could be a pleasant surprise at camp much like S Erik Huhn was last year. We know he loves contact and will knock you out, but Akina wants to see his speed and if he can cover. Texas is his favorite school.

-I don't see Applewhite offering another 2015 QB at least until both summer camps have concluded. He wants to make sure he gets this one right and is searching for a guy that is "heady" and can handle an up-tempo offense. He's not necessarily looking for a guy that is a dual-threat. Kearns is a highly ranked prospect out of Cali and Stidham has Baylor and Tech offers without having played a down of varsity football as a QB. They're both legit options but 2015 QB Ricky Town arrives at UT in two weeks and he's the #1 sop re QB in the nation.

-J. Jones projects to tackle at 6-7 but he's light in the britches right now. This will be a good opportunity for Searles to see his technique, footwook and body potential in person and get a good idea of what he'll look like in the future. An offer would be based off of potential at this point but UT could pull the trigger if they feel it will help them establish a relationship and get a jump on his recruitment.

-Lampkin and Mitc are two guys I think are on the cusp of receiving offers. Both love UT; specifically Mitc . They are also cases of the staff wanting to see them up close before making any premature decisions.

-Admittedly I don't know much about Proche and Lane other than what I've seen on film. Random reports I've read on both make them seem as if they are prospects that deserve serious evaluations. We'll see what happens and what kind of reviews they receive once camp ends.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    What's his status? Is he even going to be eligible?
    24/7 continues to say he's not getting into school, so I don't know how bad his grades are.

I think Texas is going to keep that relationship going just in case something can be worked out. His recent transfer to Navasota will hopefully get him on a productive path.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    HornsNation saying DT Courtney Garnett will be in attendance tomorrow even though CB Jermaine Roberts is scheduled for a different camp.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    QB Jerrod Heard has received an invite to the Elite 11 finals.

south central hood rat the chronic's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    KD Cannon gonna be at Baylor tomorrow.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    2015 QB Kyle Kearns of Foothill (Cali.) arrived in Austin yesterday, and have already had a tour around campus guided by Major Applewhite.

http://instagram.com/p/aCPKZ3JRPr/

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    2015 QB Kyle Kearns of Foothill (Cali.) arrived in Austin yesterday, and have already had a tour around campus guided by Major Applewhite.

http://instagram.com/p/aCPKZ3JRPr/
    TE Anthony Jones of New Orleans, LA arrived yesterday and spent time with the staff as well, per 24/7.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Some early pictures before camp started from 24/7:

2015 TE Jordan Davis

TE/OL/DL Mason Denley

RB Donald Catalon

LB Andrew Beck

2015 OL Maea Teuhema and DE/LB Sione Teuhema

S John Bonney (not working out)

DT Courtney Garnett

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Quick notes from 24/7 as camp begins:

-LB/S Edwin Freeman is in attendance today, great sign since he wants to make a decision soon.

-S Jamal Adams is on campus.

-TE Anthony Jones is supposedly the best looking prospect physically.

-TE/OL/DL Mason Denley of Columbus has started working out with the TEs.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    '15 DB Jalen Campbell are in attendance and walking around with a brace on his left knee.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I haven't seen anything on DE Jarrett Johnson. He may have gone straight to A&M today.

Thread Information