Page 75 of 238 FirstFirst ... 256571727374757677787985125175 ... LastLast
Results 1,851 to 1,875 of 5940
    Believe.
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Stormtrooper whites are the best uniform in college football /bias
    I agree but the whole team needs to wear white under armor leggings.

I do like some of Oregon's and the boise blue helmet with that demon horse

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    24/7 reporting that the big recruiting event on July 27th is being called the "Texas Stampede."

All of the 2014 and 2015 commitments are expected to be there and a full list of uncommitted guys should be available later in the month.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    OrangeBloods saying that 2015 OL Patrick Vahe will NOT be visiting UT tomorrow as scheduled.

He's pushing his unofficial visit back to the 27th most likely.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    OrangeBloods saying that 2015 OL Patrick Vahe will NOT be visiting UT tomorrow as scheduled.

He's pushing his unofficial visit back to the 27th most likely.
    If what I understand about the 27th is true then that is really good news, he will get time to bond with lots of already committed players and hang with his cousins.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    Blake Munroe ‏@247Blake 16m
    Longhorn redshirt freshman backup quarterback Connor Brewer is transferring and is no longer with the Texas football program. #hookem #horns
    Any news on why he is transferring? Has this been known for awhile now?

Believe.
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    He probably didn't want to sit on the bench his entire college career

Believe.
    My Team
    Incarnate Word Cardinals
    Post Count
    He probably didn't want to sit on the bench his entire college career
    Seems like the writing is on the wall for Swoopes to take over after Ash leaves. What else could it be?

Has shaken hands with #50 ThePop's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Seems like the writing is on the wall for Swoopes to take over after Ash leaves. What else could it be?
    or Heard

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Yeah...there wasn't really a place on the team for Brewer with Swoopes and Heard on the team. I wish him the best wherever he goes.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Any news on why he is transferring? Has this been known for awhile now?
    Definitely not a surprise. He just won't ever see significant snaps at Texas. Swoopes passed him up almost immediately once he enrolled.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    24/7 saying if Texas were to look at a second QB because of Brewer's transfer, it would be QB James Tabary of New Orleans, LA. He supposedly showed very well when he camped at UT in June and impressed Applewhite quite a bit.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1071343/...ights/21249373

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Good video of QB James Tabary's offseason workouts:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mi8VENv7a38

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    After watching that video I came away loving this kids footwork and at the same time thinking, I bet this is what Chris Simms looked like between his junior and senior year in high school. I'm watching him throw to NFL wide receivers and thinking it is much easier to throw to a receiver who is so damn good he can make even a bad throw look perfect. With all the air he was putting under the ball I don't think he has a very strong arm, but this is college not the NFL so you never know.

I do trust Applewhite so if he like him, I'd feel great about picking him up.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Free article from HornsNation with quotes from QB Connor Brewer on his decision to transfer:

http://espn.go.com/blog/colleges/texas/post?id=16703

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    A few quotes from 2015 DT Tevin Boone (OrangeBloods):

"Right now, Texas really,"
    Boone said when I asked if one school was standing out. "I like their coaching staff. I love their staff. They talk to their players like family. When we were there (for camp), they treat us like we 're their players at the camp. I like the facilities too. It's beautiful there. I loved it."

"Man, that's tough. I would probably talk it over with my parents and see if I should take it (a Texas offer) or if I'd wait,"
    he said.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    More from OL Joseph Paul of New Orleans, LA (OrangeBloods):

"It was about last week," Paul said of the decision to visit Texas. "Jermaine (Roberts) keeps trying to get me to come to Texas with him. He keeps putting that thought in my head. He's recruiting me hard."

"I know they're not practicing. I just want to go meet with the coaches and all of that,"
    Paul said of the upcoming Texas visit. "The last person I talked to was coach (Larry) Porter about a month ago. He was just telling that they could really use me, that they like my style of play."

"I can't really say right now - just show me more of the campus. I just want to go out there, see how the experience is, see how I feel when the games are going on,"
    Paul said.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Update on DE Victor Evans of Dallas Skyline (OrangeBloods):

"I've already visited Texas a bunch of times. When I visit Ole Miss, I'll know for sure. If I'm sure where I want to go, if it's Ole Miss, I'll call the coaches. If it's Texas I'll do it at the Stampede," Evans said.

"I know they're (Ole Miss) a team coming up, a team ready to compete and they'll be a good team next year. But I really don't know a lot, so I'm going up there to see what they have to offer."

"I like the coaches (at Texas), how they coach, how they're energetic about their craft. I like the facilities. I have a few friends down there, so that gives them the edge. The field is always nice and how they treat us while we're there, that's always nice."

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    The latest with 2015 QB Jarrett Stidham of Stephenville (24/7):

“I mostly talk to Coach (Major) Applewhite,” said Stidham. “He’s been the one who has recruited me, talked to me and came to see me for everything. We haven’t had a chance to talk much the last few weeks though. I’ve tried to call a few times but he’s been on vacation and I’ve been busy with camps, so we haven’t talked recently.”

“I like Coach Applewhite a lot,”
    he said. “I like that he’s really intense. I love that about him actually. I also love how he coaches his quarterbacks and all that. He’s just a great guy both on and off the field. I always enjoy getting to talk to him and look forward to getting to know him better. He’s a big reason I like Texas.”

“I leave after the state 7-on-7 tournament to visit two SEC schools,” Stidham said. “I’m going to Alabama on Sunday and staying there Monday and Tuesday to check them out. After that I’m going to Kentucky for a week to see family, do a camp there and visit the school."

“I know Texas is having a camp later this month,” he added. “So it’s possible that I go to it as well, but I honestly don’t know yet. I haven’t heard a lot about it, so it’s up in the air for right now. I’ll absolutely be down for some games though. I’m not sure which ones yet, but I'll be there for sure.”

“I have no favorites right now,” said Stidham. “I won’t have any for a while. I’ll probably start narrowing it down more next winter and into the spring.”

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Article from Barking Carnival on Texas' QB situation now that Brewer has transferred out:

http://www.barkingcarnival.com/2013/...-connor-brewer

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    2015 TE Bobby Evans of Allen, brother of LB Tay Evans, has committed to OU. The elder Evans committed to the Sooners last week.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Per 24/7, S Jamal Adams will be using his official visit to Texas on September 14th against Ole Miss.

That will probably be a really big recruiting weekend.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    TexAgs just reported that Aggie commit Dylan Sumner-Gardner said he didn't try to recruit Jamal Adams at the opening because everyone knows where he's going already. Florida was the implication.

Not surprising of course, but just thought that was an interesting note.

Post Count
    Per 24/7, S Jamal Adams will be using his official visit to Texas on September 14th against Ole Miss.

That will probably be a really big recruiting weekend.
    We could obviously use him.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Any news on Harrison?

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Any news on Harrison?
    As of yesterday, nobody knew anything which is pretty discouraging.

Thread Information