Has shaken hands with #50 ThePop's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Any idea why Soso isn't attending?

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I haven't seen anyone say he's definitely not attending. Just unconfirmed at this point.

Have you seen anything?

Believe.
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Victor Evans commits to Ole Miss. Weird timing.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I haven't heard anything I just figured him not being mentioned meant he wasn't going.

Evans committing to Ole Miss after one visit sounds legit.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Evans committing to Ole Miss after one visit sounds legit.
    Is Ole Miss in luxury tax territory yet?

Believe.
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Impossible to know what's fact, but from Eric Nahlin's Twitter:
    EricNahlin 3h
    From what I've heard a certain SEC booster is buddy buddy with a DFW power. Once I get the booster's name...fireworks. Just need his name. EricNahlin 2h
    Probably shouldn't tweet this, but don't care. Ole Miss' newest recruit was emotional when his parent said he couldn't commit to UT 1 mo ago

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Team injury update released by UT recently:

*The following players have been released to return to full participation:

Junior OT Josh Cochran (lower left leg), senior OG Trey Hopkins (lower left leg), junior LB Tevin Jackson (right shoulder) and senior DE Jackson Jeffcoat (right shoulder/pectoral muscle).

*The following players all had recent procedures to address lingering hip injuries. All three will be limited at the start of preseason training camp, progressively work back into full practice and are expected to be at full speed and ready to go for the season opener: Junior CB Quandre Diggs, junior WR Jaxon Shipley and junior S Josh Turner.

*Senior WR Mike Davis underwent hernia surgery recently, will be limited at the start of preseason training camp, but is expected to be at full speed and ready to go for the season opener.

*Senior LB Demarco Cobbs (right knee surgery), will be out for the beginning of preseason training camp but is expected to return to practice near the end of that session.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Impossible to know what's fact, but from Eric Nahlin's Twitter:
    EricNahlin 3h
    From what I've heard a certain SEC booster is buddy buddy with a DFW power. Once I get the booster's name...fireworks. Just need his name. EricNahlin 2h
    Probably shouldn't tweet this, but don't care. Ole Miss' newest recruit was emotional when his parent said he couldn't commit to UT 1 mo ago
    Look for the DMN to nail Ole Piss to the wall. I've seen it before, SMU, Tech, Aggsy, ...

south central hood rat the chronic's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Not sure who the other one is, but I thought they were being called "The East Texas Six"??
    They started on twitter calling themselves the Fab Five and then changed to East Texas Five. They picked up another and pretty soon it will be more - they twitter about getting a QB all the time

My Team
    Miami Hurricanes
    Post Count
    Add Kyler Murray and the could be the Magnificent Seven!!

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Dhaquille Williams commits to Auburn. http://247sports.com/Player/Dhaquille-Williams-8133

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I hear he is an impact player, but there is no way I would want another WR in this class. With this news do we close the books on the WR portion of this class?

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I thought I read somewhere that Ricky Town is visiting Stanford this weekend, so no Stampede.

My Team
    Auburn Tigers
    Post Count
    Dhaq Williams is a great pickup for Auburn. Might be the best offensive player on the team the second he steps on campus.

Apparently decommitted from LSU due to concerns over his safety. His cousin was shot at a party (he's from Reserve, La.) and then he was told that he was next. He also got beat up and robbed outside of a gas station.

Anyway, LSU people just rave about him, even after he moved to Auburn. Might be a one and done, and there are even rumblings that he may just declare for the draft since he's old enough (and apparently good enough, from what I've seen and read)

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I thought I read somewhere that Ricky Town is visiting Stanford this weekend, so no Stampede.
    True. I'll mark him as "not attending" on the next list.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Update on 2015 WR Kemah Siverand from Cypress Ridge (24/7):

“I’m going down there (Austin) on Saturday,” said Siverand. “Since I’ve been there a couple of times already, I’m not going for any particular reason other than just to keep on getting a better feel for Texas, the program they have and their coaches.”

“I keep in touch with them the most I can,”
    Siverand said. “I mainly talk to the offensive coaches though. They’re a school I’m still considering pretty heavily. I’m definitely interested in them, a lot actually. I’m not going to say they’re a favorite, because I have none, but they’re definitely on my mind, I'll say that.”

“They (Texas) are being the most genuine about things,”
    he said. “I'd say that they've kept in touch the most, more than anyone. Due to the NCAA rules I haven’t talked to them much lately, but they're recruiting me harder than anyone right now.”

“Like I said, Texas has been good keeping up with me,” Siverand said. “They were also the first school to show up in the picture for me. I’m open to anyone, but I have a solid relationship with them. There's a lot to like about Texas.”

“I’m not going to pick anyone yet,”
    he said. “I might come out with a top three after my junior season is over and go from there."

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    2015 DT Tevin Boone of Cleburne is on commitment watch this upcoming Saturday (24/7):

“Texas told me to come down and that they wanted me there (at the Stampede),” Boone said. “They told me to bring my parents or a guardian like my coach when I came. I’m really hoping it leads to an offer honestly.”

“If they did offer I would talk to my mom to see what I should do,” said Boone. “Most likely, she would tell me to take it. I feel like I’d probably commit to Texas as soon as I got done talking it over with her.”

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Quotes from an anonymous source on 2015 CB Kris Boyd (24/7):

“I don’t see him remaining uncommitted much longer,” said the source. “It wouldn’t surprise me at all to see him putting an end to his recruitment and committing to Texas. It could happen any time now. He loves Texas. They’re his favorite and I don’t see anyone changing that.”

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    The latest with 2015 QB Chason Virgil of West Mesquite (24/7):

“Nothing is really going on with recruiting right now,” said Virgil. “It’s just really slow. It’s not heavy. It’s just calm and I’m just trying to take it all in. I haven’t really heard from anyone. It’s quiet.”

“I’m anxious to get down there (to Austin),”
    Virgil said. “I just want to get a chance to see the campus again mostly. I also want to continue to build a closer relationship with the coaches there, like Coach (Major) Applewhite.”

“I’m just open to everyone who is interested in me,” said Virgil. “Texas is just like every other school. I’m interested in them because they’re interested in me."

“I don’t see myself even having a favorites list until after my junior season. I don’t really want to focus on that during my season. I’ll focus on that after my season is over with,” he added.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Just a reminder that 2015 OL Patrick Vahe is supposed to be in Austin today with his family.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Quotes from 2015 OL Patrick Vahe before he headed to Austin (24/7):

“I’m really looking forward to it,” Vahe said. “It’s me and my family that are going. We’re supposed to get there around 10:00 a.m. and we'll be staying there for the day. I’ve heard it’s a great place, so it should be a great time.”

“I just want to visit with the coaches and take a good tour around the school more than anything,” said Vahe. “I’ve never been on campus, so I’m ready to check everything out for myself. I’m hoping to find out a lot more about the University of Texas."

“I want to check out everything, including the school. That’s very important to me. It sounds like they have really good academics and that’s something that I like about them. That, along with the success of their football program,” he added.

“Texas is my favorite school,” he said. “I have an offer from them and I’ve always grown up liking them. They have been my favorite team since I started watching football. I haven’t even looked at other teams too much. I’m not visiting any other schools either. I don’t know yet if I’ll commit or not, but it could happen.”

“It won’t really impact my decision one way or another (that the Teuhema brothers are committed to UT),” said Vahe. “I’m just trying to do my own thing. But knowing that they're going there is something I’m very proud of. If it did end up happening where we had that chance, it would be something we'd all love. It would be great to share the field with those guys.”

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    West Virginia player commits robbery with team-issued sweatpants on...

http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-foo...-jersey-number

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Quotes from an anonymous source on 2015 CB Kris Boyd (24/7):

“I don’t see him remaining uncommitted much longer,” said the source. “It wouldn’t surprise me at all to see him putting an end to his recruitment and committing to Texas. It could happen any time now. He loves Texas. They’re his favorite and I don’t see anyone changing that.”
    I think Boyd likes to mess with people, I've seen him say on social media that he would commit to Oregon immediately once offered. Hoping this isn't Springs all over again (though Boyd actually likes Texas to begin with).

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    The latest with 2015 QB Chason Virgil of West Mesquite (24/7):

“Nothing is really going on with recruiting right now,” said Virgil. “It’s just really slow. It’s not heavy. It’s just calm and I’m just trying to take it all in. I haven’t really heard from anyone. It’s quiet.”

“I’m anxious to get down there (to Austin),”
    Virgil said. “I just want to get a chance to see the campus again mostly. I also want to continue to build a closer relationship with the coaches there, like Coach (Major) Applewhite.”

“I’m just open to everyone who is interested in me,” said Virgil. “Texas is just like every other school. I’m interested in them because they’re interested in me."

“I don’t see myself even having a favorites list until after my junior season. I don’t really want to focus on that during my season. I’ll focus on that after my season is over with,” he added.
    Virgils mother is actually active on HornsNations message board. She says that the Stampede conflicts with his niece's 1st birthday, but he will definitely be there at the Stampede.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    We're probably not getting Kyler Murray. We need 2 QBs so ideally I'd love to get Virgil and Town.

Thread Information