Page 8 of 238 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858108 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    DT Garrald McDowell of Covington, LA will not be in Austin this weekend, per 24/7:

“I was originally planning on making it,” said McDowell. “But now I’ll be taking an unofficial visit to Alabama this weekend instead.”

“I’ll be visiting there (Texas) soon,” he explained. “I think my coaches are going to take me later on this year, so I will get to see everything then.”

“At this point I haven’t even talked to any of the coaches there at Texas,” McDowell said. “They just basically invited me to the junior day camp through my coaches, so I haven’t talked to anyone. Texas is a program I’m definitely interested in though, so I would like to get to know them.”

“Right now I have a few favorites,” said McDowell. “Texas, Texas A&M, Alabama, LSU, Florida and Mississippi State are the schools I like a lot.”

“Everything is bigger in Texas,” he said while laughing. “So it’s a big deal when they show interest in you. It’s definitely a big deal on my part because Texas is a big state with a lot of great talent out there and if they’re interested in me, well, then I must be doing something right.”

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Alabama hires former Florida International head coach, Mario Cristobal, as their new OL coach. Saban moving into South Florida:

http://espn.go.com/blog/sec/post/_/i...ario-cristobal

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    WR Derrick Griffin signed with Miami today, but is still expected to go the JUCO route:

http://www.sbnation.com/college-foot...junior-college

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    Griffin is a phenomenal athlete but there is apparently no way he is going to qualify. Kid is in denial. Wish him the best.

My Team
    Auburn Tigers
    Post Count
    Auburn has offered 2014 Okla QB's Justice Hansen (also offered by aggy/okie) and David Cornwell.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    A&M has offered DT DeShawn Washington of Nederland.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    OL Joseph Paul of New Orleans, LA on his weekend plans (24/7):

“I think I’ll definitely know today if I’m going (to Austin) this weekend,” Paul said Wednesday morning. “I’m going to talk to Leonard (Fournette) and Jermaine (Roberts) to see if they are going.”

“I’m supposed to call Coach Larry Porter today too. I think I’ll know more this afternoon, if we are going,”
    he said.

“Texas A&M and Florida are leading the pack right now. I really liked living in Texas, and Texas A&M isn’t that far from home. Florida doesn’t look like they are too deep on the OL, so I like that. Texas, I think they would be my third choice right now,” he said.

“I’m throwing (shot put) this year. Our first meet is March 2. Some of our guys have already started. Leonard has been running indoor meets,” he said.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    OL Joseph Paul of New Orleans, LA on his weekend plans (24/7):

“I think I’ll definitely know today if I’m going (to Austin) this weekend,” Paul said Wednesday morning. “I’m going to talk to Leonard (Fournette) and Jermaine (Roberts) to see if they are going.”

“I’m supposed to call Coach Larry Porter today too. I think I’ll know more this afternoon, if we are going,”
    he said.

“Texas A&M and Florida are leading the pack right now. I really liked living in Texas, and Texas A&M isn’t that far from home. Florida doesn’t look like they are too deep on the OL, so I like that. Texas, I think they would be my third choice right now,” he said.

“I’m throwing (shot put) this year. Our first meet is March 2. Some of our guys have already started. Leonard has been running indoor meets,” he said.
    isn't he a converted OL ? i thought he had been moved to defensive tackle.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    isn't he a converted OL ? i thought he had been moved to defensive tackle.
    He may have played DT when he was younger, but he played OT for St. Augustine this past season.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7ulpuA8XBs

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Both OL Jacob Bragg and DE Greg Roberts of Nacogdoches are scheduled to be in Austin this weekend.

Believe.
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Not football related but ex bball player Gary Johnson fractured his skull in an Israeli league game last night. Was in a medically induced coma, not sure if he still is. One of my favorite players and the work horse type player this team has been missing. Prayers go out to him and his fam.

http://es.pn/WWNvEZ

Edit: sorry he has regained consciousness

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Not football related but ex bball player Gary Johnson fractured his skull in an Israeli league game last night. Was in a medically induced coma, not sure if he still is. One of my favorite players and the work horse type player this team has been missing. Prayers go out to him and his fam.

http://es.pn/WWNvEZ

Edit: sorry he has regained consciousness
    Saw this when I got to work and got a little freaked out. Glad it wasn't as bad as they originally thought. What freak accident.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    RB/FB Daniel Gresham has picked up an offer from Auburn.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    He may have played DT when he was younger, but he played OT for St. Augustine this past season.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7ulpuA8XBs
    wondering how he is being recruited. he's mentioned in previous interviews that he is willing to play either side of the ball for his current high school team. by the way, augustine has a of an RB as well.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    wondering how he is being recruited. he's mentioned in previous interviews that he is willing to play either side of the ball for his current high school team. by the way, augustine has a of an RB as well.
    No doubt. Fournette is a man and I'm hoping Texas can get him on campus this weekend.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I wouldnt mind losing him. And Im tired of Knox's recruitment as well. I don't think either of them end up at Texas and I wouldnt be so upset. Maybe a little for Knox, but definitely not for Gresham.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Per his Twitter, DT DeShawn Washington has been offered by Texas.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Update on CB Nick Watkins of Dallas Bishop Dunne (24/7):

“I don’t know if I’ll be coming down Friday night or Saturday morning,” said Watkins. “I have no idea when exactly I’ll be there. I’m going to call Coach (Bruce) Chambers to get more information about it all. We talk pretty often, so I’m going to see what’s up.”

“I’m looking forward to see the practices the most,” Watkins told Hookem.com. “I’ve been there before and have seen everything facility wise. Their facilities are very nice and the campus is great. It truly is a great atmosphere down there. So this time going in, I want to focus more on the actual practice side of things.”

“I want to see what exactly he does and his style of coaching,” Watkins said. “That’s what I’ll really be watching, how he works with them.”

“I’m still wide open right now,” said Watkins. “I don’t plan to commit to Texas or anything this weekend. I want to take it slow and make sure I’m making the right choice. I don’t have any favorites or anything, so I’m in no rush.”

My Team
    Auburn Tigers
    Post Count
    Dude is stout and one uva blocker.

How firm is he to UT?

Has shaken hands with #50 ThePop's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Jerrod Heard won't make it.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Several sources reporting that Texas has offered five-star DE Lorenzo Carter of Norcross, GA:

http://247sports.com/Player/Lorenzo-Carter-22968

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/791789/#highlights/18952373

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Dude is stout and one uva blocker.

How firm is he to UT?
    24/7 has said for a few weeks now that both he and OL Demetrius Knox are looking around behind the scenes. I don't doubt that he genuinely likes Texas, but he's the kind of guy who simply committed too early. He likes the recruiting game and Twitter fun. He also went to an Ole Miss Junior Day at the beginning of the month but claims he was just riding along with a teammate. He does have an Ole Miss offer.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Report out of Houston that LB Zach Whitley is down to a final three of Alabama, Oregon and Texas A&M.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Quotes from DE/LB Silvester Hayes of Dallas South Oak Cliff (24/7). He's a possible offer on Saturday along with his teammate, S Jyaz Jones:

“I have been to Baylor and SMU last weekend. They were great experiences. Baylor was exciting to go see. They treated me very well, and it was really organized. I talked to the head coach (Art Briles) and defensive coordinator (Phil Bennett), and they told me they loved my athleticism and looked forward to watching me more,” he said.

“I’m supposed to go down to Texas on Saturday. It will be a surprise to me. I’m not sure what to expect. I’m excited to see the campus and the facilities. I hear it’s real nice,” he said.

“I just found out yesterday that Texas Tech had offered me,” Hayes said Wednesday afternoon. “When I found out, I was surprised and excited.”
    “Texas Tech is a school I have always liked, so that was great they offered me. I hope Texas offers, too, and Baylor. Really, I hope all the schools showing interest offer me,” he said.

“I’m in track right now. I’m in the long jump and running the 400. We actually had our first track meet last weekend, but I was at SMU. We have another meet this weekend, but I will be at Texas,” he said.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Both the Texas and USC jobs could open up after the 2013 season. Which one is better?

http://www.sbnation.com/college-foot...l-coaches-2013

One of my crazy predictions for this year is USC targeting Sumlin after firing Kiffin.

Thread Information