Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Looks as if the Longhorns' coaching staff is going to dedicate a portion of their 33 days off to making a strong recruiting push in order to wrap up the class of 2010.

Mack Brown flew to Cincinnati yesterday and will have a face-to-face meeting with LB Jordan Hicks today. Hicks has an official visit scheduled with Florida this weekend, but it remains to be seen if he will end up taking it (especially if you factor in that Florida's defensive coordinator, Charlie Strong, is now the head coach for Louisville).

http://cincinnati.com/blogs/preps/tag/mack-brown/

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...an-Hicks-85180

There have been rumors circulating (since Halloween) about a "mystery recruit" committed to another school who is interested in taking an official visit to Texas. Well, LSU commit and Dallas Skyline WR Mike Davis will be in Austin this weekend to talk to the Texas coaches. It seems as if he's also trying to get Texas A&M commit and Dallas Skyline LB Corey Nelson to come along with him. He has been rumored to sign his text messages "Mr. A&M" and he looks to be pretty solid on the Aggies, though.

http://www.burntorangenation.com/200...xas-davis-will

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...ke-Davis-84543

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...y-Nelson-76952

There is also this news from the LSU side of things. It has been back and forth like this since the rumor surfaced about Davis switching his commitment. He's coming to Austin...he's not. He's coming to Austin...he's not. Davis is arguably the offensive prize of LSU's recruiting class (unless they pull Lache Seastrunk) so it's not a surprise that these rumors are consistently shot down. Nonetheless, many credible Austin sources have him visiting this weekend.

http://louisianastate.scout.com/a.z?...%2f927367.html

Fort Worth Dunbar WR Darius White is scheduled to be taking an official visit to Norman this weekend to check out the Sooners. However, many media outlets have reported that he'll actually be in Stillwater instead. Keeping him away from Norman can only benefit the Longhorns, IMO. I doubt he commits until the Under Armour All-American Game.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...us-White-78114

http://www.burntorangenation.com/200...homa-state-not

Nothing new on DE Jackson Jeffcoat out of Plano. He's been pretty silent since his official visit to Austin for the Kansas game. He doesn't have any other visits scheduled at this time. He's the player I feel the Longhorns have the best shot at out of the entire bunch.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...Jeffcoat-68202

Feel free to debunk or confirm rumors, add information, etc. I'm always curious to know what others are hearing in their neck of the woods (no matter what school you support).
    Last edited by TFloss32; 12-09-2009 at 06:34 PM.

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    looks good, OU honks were trying to say White was never visiting Oklahoma State and the numerous reports were all typos and should have read- Oklahoma

Jeffcoat is a very quiet, solitary dude, hasnt giving anything away recruiting wise in the last year

Muschamp will be in-home with Mack at the Hicks'

still hearing Seastrunk is a lock to LSU

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    looks good, OU honks were trying to say White was never visiting Oklahoma State and the numerous reports were all typos and should have read- Oklahoma

Jeffcoat is a very quiet, solitary dude, hasnt giving anything away recruiting wise in the last year

Muschamp will be in-home with Mack at the Hicks'

still hearing Seastrunk is a lock to LSU
    Having Muschamp along with Brown is HUGE since he's the one who originally recruited Jordan Hicks. I know he took a trip to Ohio to watch him play in September and Jordan visited Austin shortly after that for the Colorado game. Muschamp said after the Big XII game that it's "not about the X's and O's, it's about the Jimmys and Joes. We have two more guys to get." I would assume those two are Hicks and Jeffcoat.

LSU/Auburn are safe bets for Seastrunk. I can't help but feel that he's going to migrate west and attend California or Oregon, though. They say this guy is quite the jokester (shows up to camp with socks, shorts and shirt that all have different schools' logos on them) and I wouldn't be surprised if he picked a school completely off of the radar. It will be fun to see how it all shakes out.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    also Aaron Green top 2011 RB from SA, was at the B12 Championship in Dallas, Nebraska was his leader and i think Texas was almost off the list for the guy. His brother goes to Neb and i heard he wasnt very impressed with either of the teams offenses naturally. it also seems obvious Nebraskas OC might not make it to 2011. I think Green's going to play the hat game on national tv in feb/11

Texas is heavily recruiting Malcolm Brown (just had a sickkk season) from SA and Hershel Sims as 2011 RBs, these are the best three best in the state and texas needs one bad, i think theyll land Sims and Brown but i wouldnt count Green out even though he was pretty average this season for a potential 5 star

Corey Nelson is really the jewel of aggys 2010 class and if texas could somehow get him to switch AND land Hicks it would be a biblically historic 2010 Linebacking class for texas. with Aaron Benson, Tevin Jackson already committed that would make the 2 best linebackers in the NATION and 4 of the top 10 in the NATION even though some have Nelson projected as a safety (he is on the smallish side) even 3 of those 4 would be ing unbelievable

also DT Ashton Dorsey Texas verbal for 2010 is moving up in the national rankings and just had a dominant season
    Last edited by mookie2001; 12-09-2009 at 07:25 PM.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

runningbacks from SA rarely ever work

Win. Whatever it Takes Whisky Dog's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Herschel Sims is undersized right now but has a good build for a back and can take on weight while still maintaining his excellent speed and agility. I've followed Abilene High all season and was at the recent regional final vs Arlington Bowie (my mom and all of my family from her side went to/ are going to Abilene High), and Sims was the definition of dominant. He and his QB cousin Ronnell Sims are a vicious HS backfield, the best in the state on the ground, as juniors. I definitely hope we land the kid in 2011.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Texas is heavily recruiting Malcolm Brown (just had a sickkk season) from SA and Hershel Sims as 2011 RBs, these are the best three best in the state and texas needs one bad, i think theyll land Sims and Brown but i wouldnt count Green out even though he was pretty average this season for a potential 5 star
    I hope Texas grabs two of the four heralded backs from the 2011 class (Green, Brown, Sims and Bergeron). It might be a situation where Texas will scoop up the two who commit the quickest and show the most enthusiasm about coming to Texas.

Side note: I live in San Antonio and grew up in the same district that Aaron Green and his family members have played in. It's highly irrelevant and means absoultely nothing, but the Greens are always dominant at the high school level and then disappear when they get to the college ranks. Not to say this will happen to Aaron, but food for thought. Also, Malcolm Brown lives in nearby Cibolo and his production completely overshadowed what Green did this year. He had a dominant game in a losing effort against 4A powerhouse Austin Lake Travis. Another year of high school will paint a better picture of who Texas should really go after.

Corey Nelson is really the jewel of aggys 2010 class and if texas could somehow get him to switch AND land Hicks it would be a biblically historic 2010 Linebacking class for texas. with Aaron Benson, Tevin Jackson already committed that would make the 2 best linebackers in the NATION and 4 of the top 10 in the NATION even though some have Nelson projected as a safety (he is on the smallish side) even 3 of those 4 would be ing unbelievable
    I could care less if they land Nelson...he would simply be a bonus at this point. I'm not even sure they have room for him, especially if guys like Jeffcoat, Hicks, White and Davis come aboard. If Texas closed with those four...talk about a historic class. If anyone has information about how the Hicks visit went yesterday, please pass it along.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Darius White is visiting Oklahoma State this weekend...not Oklahoma. Doesn't appear that he's going back there any time soon.

Anyone with Austin connections hearing anything about Mike Davis? Inside Texas has an update on it but I don't have access.
    Last edited by TFloss32; 12-10-2009 at 12:40 PM.

My Team
    Auburn Tigers
    Post Count

LSU/Auburn are safe bets for Seastrunk. I can't help but feel that he's going to migrate west and attend California or Oregon, though. They say this guy is quite the jokester (shows up to camp with socks, shorts and shirt that all have different schools' logos on them) and I wouldn't be surprised if he picked a school completely off of the radar. It will be fun to see how it all shakes out.
    I still hear that Lache is very much up in the air. Auburn got the commitment from Trovon Reed, a 4 star from Louisiana who also happens to be Lache's cousin. It's been said that these two would be a package deal, but I haven't heard much recently.

One more thing impacts Lache and Auburn. With Michael Dyer (5 star rb) committing to AU, it's still very much a possibility that Marcus Lattimore or Lache will (or the extremely unlikely scenario, all 3 commit to AU) also commit to the Tigers. Kids know what a 2 back system at Auburn can produce (Brown & Cadillac) and now know what kind of an offense AU has.

For Lache, I would say it's between Aub/LSU/USC. If Lattimore commits to Aub, then I just don't see Lache coming to the plains. If Lattimore commits to South Carolina (AU and USCe lead) then I would say Auburn is a much better bet. However, most of the buzz in Auburn land concerns the friendship between Dyer and Lattimore, with Dyer actively trying to get Latt to go to Auburn as well.

My purely speculative guess is that Auburn gets Lattimore, and Lache goes to USC. LSU will probably get left out in the cold. Likeliest scenario is Lattimore goes to Game land, Lache goes to USC, and Auburn holds Dyer.

I do know Trovon Reed is still trying to get Lache to go to Auburn.

Why the can't any Texas schools get in on Lache? Seems to me the Longhorn offense needs a kid like that who can get out on the edges and make people miss. Any of you guys know?

My Team
    Auburn Tigers
    Post Count
    BTW, Chizik can in recruit! Auburn is shaping up a very nice class, the kind of class Tuberville used to get back in the day. Auburn is showing it can recruit nationally, and also showing it can get kids that Nick Satan has targeted. Now let's see if he can coach em' up too

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    austin american statesman seems to think seastrunk will be going to USC next fall.

ben molina is a nice pick up for a&m to add to their already solid running back corp of michael and gray

One for the Thumb
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    ^I've heard from UT recruiting circles that the Texas staff got the prima dona routine from Lache, kind of toyed with them a bit and maybe wanted his ass kissed more. Also, Mack has been more hesitant to go after kids with questionable 'personalities', particularly in reference to the whole Romance Taylor thing. Evidently, some on the Texas staff see some similarities between Lache and Romance T.

Both obviously have big time talent, but Mack also wants the kid to have a good head on his shoulders in addition to the talent.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Why the can't any Texas schools get in on Lache? Seems to me the Longhorn offense needs a kid like that who can get out on the edges and make people miss. Any of you guys know?
    Establishing any type of running game would be a big help in bringing guys like him to Texas. I don't think Greg Davis even knows what the I-formation is anymore. It's like Ballcox said below...Lache is quite the jokester. Shows up to camps with Auburn shorts, USC headband, Texas shirt, etc. Texas has done a nice job in the more recent years of steering clear of guys with personality or grade issues.

^I've heard from UT recruiting circles that the Texas staff got the prima dona routine from Lache, kind of toyed with them a bit and maybe wanted his ass kissed more. Also, Mack has been more hesitant to go after kids with questionable 'personalities', particularly in reference to the whole Romance Taylor thing. Evidently, some on the Texas staff see some similarities between Lache and Romance T.

Both obviously have big time talent, but Mack also wants the kid to have a good head on his shoulders in addition to the talent.
    Funny how both Lache and Ramonce are from Temple. Scary talent with questionable personalities. I remember seeing Ramonce at fraternity parties when I went to UT and he loooooved the attention. It's a shame he turned into such a waste.
    Last edited by TFloss32; 12-10-2009 at 07:50 PM.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    yeah seastrunk has a street agent...errr family friend very involved too, i think the guy is an elite talent, at least on film. i guess he wants to get out of central texas. at certain positions i cant blame texas for not wanting to wait around so lache can take his around the country tour especially with the 4 2011 guys looking every bit as good. even though this is similar to what happened last year- chris wahley: christine michael, as traylon shead: lache seastrunk. and we still havent had a feature back since jamaal charles

i dont know what mike davis' deal is, his team was in the playoffs and he didnt want the distraction, im sure they must be over by now. but still heard hes as good as committed, people are banking on him or darius white, which is amusing because neither has actually given their verbal

My Team
    Auburn Tigers
    Post Count
    When Lache went to Auburn camp over the summer he called out Nick Saban twice by name. This definitely speaks to his personality, which aligns with what you guys are saying. Still, I'd be happy to have him catching balls and running sweeps while Dyer pounds it inside for the next few years.

The recruiting process sure does over-inflate these young kids egos.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    When Lache went to Auburn camp over the summer he called out Nick Saban twice by name. This definitely speaks to his personality, which aligns with what you guys are saying. Still, I'd be happy to have him catching balls and running sweeps while Dyer pounds it inside for the next few years.

The recruiting process sure does over-inflate these young kids egos.

well he would definitely be running sweeps but his glaring weakness is he drops a lot of passes. still, he has major talent. understandable that some coaches would not want a prima donna on the team though. if that is what he is then let him go to USC where he would fit right in.

My Team
    Auburn Tigers
    Post Count
    well he would definitely be running sweeps but his glaring weakness is he drops a lot of passes. still, he has major talent. understandable that some coaches would not want a prima donna on the team though. if that is what he is then let him go to USC where he would fit right in.
    true, his hands are an issue but I've also seen him make tough catches on video. That leads me to believe it's not a hands thing but a concentration thing. Should be something that can be coached up.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    4 star WR Mike Davis committed today

great pickup coach Gillespie

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    symple19: alot of people were saying Iowa State did a little damage this year largely because of the crop of talent that Chizik brought in while he was there for two years.

He's gonna be a great coach for Auburn if he can pull in the talent...but the 2006 Longhorn Defense is still a huge huge knock on his abilities IMO. We'll see.

My Team
    Auburn Tigers
    Post Count
    symple19: alot of people were saying Iowa State did a little damage this year largely because of the crop of talent that Chizik brought in while he was there for two years.

He's gonna be a great coach for Auburn if he can pull in the talent...but the 2006 Longhorn Defense is still a huge huge knock on his abilities IMO. We'll see.
    I sure hope so. He has a legit top 10 class now, rife with 4*'s and even a 5*. Can he coach em up and improve the defense? That will be key. Everyone surrounding the program is fairly pleased right now. Let's see if he can keep the momentum going

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Just a few things for everyone to read...let me know what you're hearing!

4 star WR Mike Davis committed today
    Mike Davis...awesome pickup for the Longhorns. It was reported that Davis committed this past weekend (after attending the Longhorns annual banquet on Friday) but many seem to think he had been an "unofficial" Longhorn for more than a week prior. Looks as if he wanted to wait until he got to Austin and commit in person. The ONLY downside to Mike Davis' visit last weekend is that he didn't bring Dallas Skyline LB, and teammate, Corey Nelson with him. Many seem to believe Nelson's commitment to Texas A&M has been wavering since Texas beat them on Thanksgiving night and because he has been in contact with the Texas staff in recent weeks. Hopefully he will make a visit to Austin after Christmas -or- after the Under Armour All-American game on January 2nd. It's also important to note that he does have a scholarship offer on the table from Texas.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...ke-Davis-84543

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...y-Nelson-76952

Jordan Hicks...last week Hicks had an in-home visit with Mack Brown and Will Muschamp and also visited Gainseville to see what Florida had to offer. Only this time, ex-Florida defensive coordinator and current Louisville head coach, Charlie Strong, wasn't there to assist in the recruiting process. Jordan has since nixed USC and Alabama from his list of potential colleges. Many find it su ious that Jordan is no longer having his weekly conferences to talk about his recruitment. Rumblings on the Ohio State boards say that this move favors Texas and Jordan is as good as a Longhorn. Throw in the fact that Jordan wants to move to the South, he has a great relationship with Muschamp and his mother has a long friendship with strength and conditioning coach Jeff "Mad Dog" Madden...things look promising for Texas. Take it with a grain of salt, though.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...an-Hicks-85180

Jackson Jeffcoat...yet again, not much going on with this guy. He's done an excellent job of playing his cards close to his vest. People "in the know" say that this recruiting battle is between Texas and USC, even though he has a visit with Houston this weekend (seems to be a formality because of his father), Oklahoma on January 22nd and Florida somewhere in between those two. Many believe he will remain in-state and become a Longhorn, but the Trojan recruiting machine is apparently heating up. Texas needs to stay persistent with Jeffcoat and I know they will. I expect him to be a Longhorn.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...Jeffcoat-68202

Darius White...he did, in fact, visit Stillwater this weekend to talk with the Oklahoma State staff. Apparently, the Cowboys have always been his "sentimental" favorite. They probably wined and dined him to the best of their ability and convinced him he would be getting numerous touches with the departure of Dez Bryant. Texas can't necessarily say the same (especially with Mike Davis now on board). However, if a guy like Darius White wants to sign with your school, you find a way to make it work. My gut feeling is he will suit up for Oklahoma State come 2010, but Texas is very much in the mix. His announcement will come at the Under Armour All-American game on January 2nd.

Lache Seastrunk...this guy hasn't been on the Texas radar in quite some time, but I like to talk about him because he is a Texas boy and the recruiting outlook continues to change with him. I found it interesting that LSU running backs coach, Larry Porter, recently took a job at Tennessee. It appears as if this has dealt a huge blow to the Tigers' chances and has actually thrown Tennessee in the mix for Lache's services. A lot of people believe Seastrunk is waiting on a decision from RB Marcus Lattimore (Duncan, South Carolina) seeing as how he has Auburn high on his list as well. Regardless, I believe Lache migrates west considering all of his visits have been to the west coast schools (Cal, UCLA, and he was at Autzen Stadium when Oregon destroyed USC) and those schools seem to be a personality fit for him. You never know with this guy, though.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...eastrunk-75256
    Last edited by TFloss32; 12-17-2009 at 09:42 AM.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Here is a look at the top juniors in Texas (and two out-of-state guys) that the Longhorns will be looking at after National Signing Day ends. I wouldn't be suprised if many of these guys are offered by, and committed to, Texas by the end of Junior Day. You'll notice a pattern where the Longhorns are developing quite a pipeline to certain high schools. In no particular order of importance...

QBs
    1.) David Ash, Belton (6-4, 195)
    http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-David-Ash-88960

2.) J.W. Walsh, Denton Guyer (6-2, 190)
    http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-J.W.-Walsh-94193

3.) Michael Brewer, Austin Lake Travis (6-0, 166) **He would be a third generation UT QB if signed, and was a high school teammate of UT's Garrett Gilbert and Paden Kelley.
    http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Michael-Brewer-85449

RBs
    4.) Malcolm Brown, Cibolo Steele (6-0, 210)
    http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Malcolm-Brown-88000

5.) Aaron Green, San Antonio Madison (5-11, 186) **Has a family member playing for Nebraska and already has offers from all over the country.
    http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Aaron-Green-84784

6.) Herschel Sims, Abilene (5-10, 190) **Will be playing in the Division 2 le game this weekend against Katy.
    http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Herschel-Sims-90123

7.) Joe Bergeron, North Mesquite (6-0, 235)
    http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Joe-Bergeron-85593

WRs
    8.) Trey Metoyer, Whitehouse (6-3, 198)
    http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Trey-Metoyer-84739

9.) Jaxon Shipley, Brownwood (6-0, 170) **Brother of UT's Jordan Shipley. http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Jaxon-Shipley-85200

10.) Miles Onyegbule, Arlington (6-4, 200) **Has a family member that plays for Kansas, but 2009 was his senior season.
    http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Miles-Onyegbule-86048

11.) M.J. McFarland, El Paso El Dorado (6-5, 225) **This guy is flying under the radar as of right now. He's also a basketball player but will likely go football in college. http://rivals.yahoo.com/texashoops/basketball/recruiting/player-Maurice-McFarland-85503

OLs
    12.) Spencer Drango, Cedar Park (6-6, 265) **High school teammate of future Longhorn, Dominic Espinosa.
    http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Spencer-Drango-87848

13.) Taylor Doyle, Austin Lake Travis (6-5, 270) **High school teammate of UT's Garrett Gilbert and Paden Kelley.
    http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Taylor-Doyle-90379

14.) Sedrick Flowers, Galena Park North Shore (6-3, 280) **High school teammate of UT's Barrett Matthews and future Longhorn, Trey Hopkins.
    http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Sedrick-Flowers-89863

15.) Marcus Hutchins, DeSoto (6-5, 250) **High school teammate of future Longhorns, Adrian White and Darius Terrell.
    http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Marcus-Hutchins-87872

TEs
    16.) Chris Barnett, Dallas Smith (6-6, 245) **Family member of UT's Eryon Barnett. http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Chris-Barnett-89918

17.) Austin Seferian-Jenkins, Gig Harbor (Washington) (6-7, 250) **An out-of-state prospect that Texas will definitely go after. He's already visited Austin unofficially and, as a junior in high school, has offers from every top program in the country (except Texas because they don't offer until Junior Day).
    http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Austin-Seferian-Jenkins-87390

ATHs
    18.) Quandre Diggs, Angleton (5-10, 188) **Family member of Texas Ex Quentin Jammer and high school teammate of UT's D.J. Monroe.
    http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Quandre-Diggs-71957

19.) LaDarius Brown, Waxahachie (6-2, 175) **Would likely play DB in college. http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Ladarius-Brown-92497

20.) Stephen Williams, Round Rock Stony Point (5-9, 169) **High school teammate of UT's Tevin Mims.
    http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Stephen-Williams-85594

DTs
    21.) Desmond Jackson, Spring Westfield (6-1, 269) http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Desmond-Jackson-94391

22.) Marquis Anderson, Cibolo Steele (6-3, 260) http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Marquis-Anderson-90852

DEs
    23.) Cedric Reed, Cleveland (6-6, 240) **Like Seferian-Jenkins, already has offers from many top programs in the country.
    http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Cedric-Reed-85195

24.) Nathan Broussard, Plano West (6-4, 225) http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Nathan-Broussard-94742

25.) Beau Blackshear, Waco Midway (6-4, 230) http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Beau-Blackshear-89440

26.) Nathan Hughes, Klein Oak (6-5, 245)
    http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Nathan-Hughes-88846

27.) Jermauria Rasco, Shreveport Evangel Christian (LA) (6-3, 227)
    http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...ia-Rasco-79670

DBs
    28.) Leroy Scott, South Houston (5-10, 190) http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Leroy-Scott-85197

29.) Franklin Shannon, Dallas Skyline (6-2, 190) **High school teammate of UT's Christian Scott and future Longhorn, Mike Davis.
    http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Franklin-Shannon-97978

30.) Sheroid Evans, Sugar Land Dulles (6-1, 185) http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Sheroid-Evans-89904

31.) Kolby Griffin, Houston St. Pius X (6-0, 180) **High school teammate of future Longhorn, Greg Daniels.
    http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Kolby-Griffin-98243

LBs
    32.) Anthony Wallace, Dallas Skyline (6-2, 220) **High school teammate of UT's Christian Scott and future Longhorn, Mike Davis. Already has numerous offers on the table.
    http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Anthony-Wallace-85198

33.) Steve Edmond, Daingerfield (6-3, 225) **High school teammate of future Longhorn, Chris Jones.
    http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...e-Edmond-96592

34.) Trevon Randle, League City Clear Springs (6-2, 201) http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Trevon-Randle-94761

35.) Kendall Thompson, Carthage (6-3, 225) **May play DE in college. http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Kendall-Thompson-99668

36.) P.L. Lindley, Round Rock Stony Point (6-2, 210) **High school teammate of UT's Tevin Mims.
    http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-P.L.-Lindley-90985

37.) Chet Moss, Cedar Park (6-1, 225) **High school teammate of future Longhorn, Dominic Espinosa.
    http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Chet-Moss-85767

That should do it for the top Texas guys. Many of them have already visited Texas unofficially by going to games throughout the year. I expect Texas to snag the majority of the list. If anyone knows any out-of-state prospects that UT will be looking at (other than Austin Seferian-Jenkins and Jermauria Rasco) let me know!
    Last edited by TFloss32; 12-23-2009 at 12:09 PM.

One for the Thumb
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    ^First off, thanks for all the info TFloss. I'm always going to multiple web sites to get recruiting info in addition to a good friend who sends me info from Orangebloods.

Especially love the info on the Juniors who are looking at Texas, we just continue to haul in top notch talent primarily from Texas but sometimes a big time player from out of state.

Mike Davis coming on board is a big pickup, especially when you take a guy away from another top program like lsu. My wish list to finish out this year's class is D. White, Jeffcoate and Hicks-that would be a moster class and one that would produce some great results down the road.

I'll also be damn sure to tune in to the Army all american game this year, looks like some big announcements could come for UT.

Bob Kelso is an awful man Dr Cox's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    good info...texas is really getting some good wr's, starting to transition into the gilbert era with a more of a passing attack

wreck 'em

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    good info...texas is really getting some good wr's, starting to transition into the gilbert era with a more of a passing attack

wreck 'em
    As opposed to the running threat that they are right now.

Thread Information