Page 155 of 238 FirstFirst ... 55105145151152153154155156157158159165205 ... LastLast
Results 3,851 to 3,875 of 5940
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Inside Texas saying the meeting this evening was only Alamo Bowl stuff.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I think Mack is going to fight to the end to keep this team. He won't step down, more like he will use all his power and influence to keep his job.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I think Mack is going to fight to the end to keep this team. He won't step down, more like he will use all his power and influence to keep his job.
    Its over Vito. Mack will step down Tuesday, the decision has been made.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Its over Vito. Mack will step down Tuesday, the decision has been made.
    I want to believe, but won't until he is officially room temperature.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I want to believe, but won't until he is officially room temperature.
    Yea I know what you mean. He wanted to delay it as long as possible, but his assistants have other jobs lined up so he has to let them know, so he is flying back from NY today.

Post Count
    Yea I know what you mean. He wanted to delay it as long as possible, but his assistants have other jobs lined up so he has to let them know, so he is flying back from NY today.
    Probably to be at the Alamo Bowl press conference.

Oh man, Bellmont's spin-obsession is still in full swing. Apparently Jamail is trying to float the idea that a "major, major" university is inquiring about Mack's availability...

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    DT Zay-Coven Henderson of Longview will making his commitment at 1 p.m. today.

Down to Texas and Texas Tech.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Found this on a board

Lotushorn posted this yesterday.

It's up to Mack to resign, which they hear he is leaning towards.
    Saban is leaning towards Texas. He wants to bring Matt Campbell with him from Toledo (their HC) as OC since he believes his OC will be a HC. Campbell is one of those coaches that no one knows of but is in his 30s and considered by NFL administrations as the real deal in terms of coaching (and he won a Rivals best recruiter in the MAC award).
    If Saban changes his mind, Harbaugh WANTS the job, but it's John not Jim that dearly hopes to get a shot at it.

Post Count
    Found this on a board

Lotushorn posted this yesterday.

It's up to Mack to resign, which they hear he is leaning towards.
    Saban is leaning towards Texas. He wants to bring Matt Campbell with him from Toledo (their HC) as OC since he believes his OC will be a HC. Campbell is one of those coaches that no one knows of but is in his 30s and considered by NFL administrations as the real deal in terms of coaching (and he won a Rivals best recruiter in the MAC award).
    If Saban changes his mind, Harbaugh WANTS the job, but it's John not Jim that dearly hopes to get a shot at it.
    What NFL coach is really going to walk away from a pro job for a college job? That sounds like pure speculation.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Lots of smoke goin on. Rumors Saban closed on a house in Austin.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    What NFL coach is really going to walk away from a pro job for a college job? That sounds like pure speculation.
    There's a huge amount of prestige with the UT position, plus you generally get paid better as the Longhorn HC than most pro jobs. Harbaugh could just want the change. With a move to UT, that would be no less than a lateral in $, which is not often the case. So he could settle into a position that he could be at for decades. There is no such security in the pros, you earn a couple les with UT, and you'll be okay. Mack stopped at 1.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Alabama plane landed in Austin. May be nothing, but the timing is weird.

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/N323P

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    lol

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    UT Regents to discuss employment of Bill Powers

http://www.texastribune.org/2013/12/...t-bill-powers/

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    They still don't have a majority to vote him out. Wallace and his buttboys Sandefer and Perry are going to keep ing that chicken.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    They still don't have a majority to vote him out. Wallace and his buttboys Sandefer and Perry are going to keep ing that chicken.
    I think it's a power play to get him on the Saban side.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I think it's a power play to get him on the Saban side.
    There's nothing they can do. Powers holds all the power right now (puns!). They're not going to fire him because he won't fire Mack Brown. In the real world, our football team is 30 on the list of important the University deals with daily. Believe me, the last thing any of the sane Regents want to have is Perry getting "his" president. I wish that ing kook would stick to ruining Aggy.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    And when I say that Powers holds the power, look no further than the legislature. They're begging for a reason to subpoena Wallace Hall to his impeachment. Of course, he's dying to be subpoenaed. What a goddamn circus.

My Team
    Brigham Young Cougars
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    There's nothing they can do. Powers holds all the power right now (puns!). They're not going to fire him because he won't fire Mack Brown. In the real world, our football team is 30 on the list of important the University deals with daily. Believe me, the last thing any of the sane Regents want to have is Perry getting "his" president. I wish that ing kook would stick to ruining Aggy.
    Powers isn't on the Saban train, which is why "supposedly" the big money donors are heading to Austin today.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I know this isn't most interesting thing right now, but here comes a quick update on '15 WR Ryan Newsome from Aledo.

Per 24/7, there was a misunderstanding between him and Texas. Texas thought he had committed to Baylor so they backed off of him. Things got cleared up this week and Texas is now back in it with Newsome.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    DT Zay-Coven Henderson of Longview will making his commitment at 1 p.m. today.

Down to Texas and Texas Tech.
    we need that one pretty badly.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

Thread Information