• All-star

101 46.33%
  • Good Role player

34 15.60%
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    oh, and 4 steals a game? that is quite a max... not sure anyone has even averaged 3 a game that i can recall
    That part was in jest. He could be a 2+ steals per game player though.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It tough times for him. If there wasnt this PED investigations, he could go Howard or LeBron path and gain 30 lbs of muslces. Since he isnt pure shooter as Durant or Melo, he could be LeBron little padawan in such matter. I mean, since LeBron add consitent jumper to his repertuar, now he is almost unstoppable. And he does not need refs assistance.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Marion vs Leonard (first two seasons) - not too much of a difference, IMO.. considering Marion played in a team that got him a lot more touches than Leonard, who is more of a role playing defender so far. (And Marion was 22 in his second season, Kawhi is 21) -

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...iosh01&y2=2001

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Basement: Apathetic Gerald Wallace
    Ceiling: Glen Robinson?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think he'll be a damn good payer in the NBA, his work ethic is crazy, he's really a special player.

His last year in college at age 20 his FG % was 44%, FT's 75%, 3pt 29%

His 2nd year in the NBA at age 21 his FG% is 49%, FT's 87%, 3pt 40%

As you can see that is a massive improvement within just 1 year. He is a great rebounder, and can defend positions 1-4.

His role with the Spurs is extremely limited, he's mainly a spot up shooter. You put this guy on a bad team and make him the 1st-3rd option and he's putting up around 16 PPG, 8 RPG, 2 SPG in 35mpg on high % shooting while wreaking havoc on defense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is the guy that said Roddy Beaubois had Nashs shot, Roses athleticism, and Parkers speed and finishing ability (after a couple of 20 pt games) really laughing at spurfan for being excited about Kawhi? The same guy that thinks Dirk was the 2nd best PF of all-time even before 2011?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ive seen enough of him to know he isn't superstar material

I think he certainly has a place in the NBA, and will consistently be a solid role player, but that's about it. Nothing wrong with that though. I'd say more of a Shane Battier, Tony Allen type of player. Mostly defense, capable of putting up some points when his team needs him to, but not necessarily a scorer.
    You ing liar.

You clearly have not seen much of him if youre comparing him to good/elite defensive players that are very limited offensively. Battier averaged more than 10.1 ppg once in his career, same with Tony Allen. Kawhi will match that in his second yr as a 21 year old. Not only that but at 21 years old his handles and pick and roll game are already alot better than Allens and Battiers ever were. What a dumbass take tbh.

Eat Tacos.Lift Stones. Dinamita's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Ceiling: Trevor Ariza

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ceiling: Trevor Ariza
    Did the Lakers win or something? Why are you here cretin?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not a superstar but a 2nd option maybe a lesser version of Paul George maybe Evan Turner type player
    i dont think KL does anything different from paul george

KL has a better shot selection deccision making than Paul, paul sometimes gets a bit to excited with the jumpshot that he fails to realize theres a mismatch in height that he can abuse...he rarely goes inside and start drawing fouls, thats where the money is

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Is the guy that said Roddy Beaubois had Nashs shot, Roses athleticism, and Parkers speed and finishing ability (after a couple of 20 pt games) really laughing at spurfan for being excited about Kawhi? The same guy that thinks Dirk was the 2nd best PF of all-time even before 2011?
    one of my rather rare but incredibly large failures tbh lol

You ing liar.

You clearly have not seen much of him if youre comparing him to good/elite defensive players that are very limited offensively. Battier averaged more than 10.1 ppg once in his career, same with Tony Allen. Kawhi will match that in his second yr as a 21 year old. Not only that but at 21 years old his handles and pick and roll game are already alot better than Allens and Battiers ever were. What a dumbass take tbh.
    Point is, he will never be some superstar level player like suggested. He is better offensively than both of those guys, although not sure if he is as good defensively as they have proven to be over the years. They both have proven they can find ways to consistently bother elite offensive players, even Kobe at times. Not sure I've seen that from Leonard yet.

Leonard will be a role player for his career. A pretty good one, but a role player nonetheless.

superstar

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The coaches and trainers don't know, how the do you expect anyone here would?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Allstar? You cannot even get Tim or Tony voted in and Tony is in the MVP talk. They had to be appointed by the coaches. No way a a non-monkeyballer in SA is going to get voted into the AS game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I love Kawhi's game as much as the next person, but he's not even consistently better than Danny Green yet. He has a long way to go.

Best case scenario, he makes the post-Big Three Spurs entertaining to watch, but he isn't good enough to keep them from getting a couple of high draft picks to rebuild.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    one of my rather rare but incredibly large failures tbh lol
    Theyre not rare. Your Dirk takes have always been some of the worst, most homerish takes here tbh.

Point is, he will never be some superstar level player like suggested. He is better offensively than both of those guys, although not sure if he is as good defensively as they have proven to be over the years. They both have proven they can find ways to consistently bother elite offensive players, even Kobe at times. Not sure I've seen that from Leonard yet.

Leonard will be a role player for his career. A pretty good one, but a role player nonetheless.

superstar
    I never said he was superstar material. Im simply letting you know you should probably watch a guy play on a consistent basis before making such re ed comparisons. And no Leonard hasnt shown you what Battier and Allen have defensively yet, hes only 21 years old...thats probably why the thread is talking about his ceiling in the future not the present.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I love Kawhi's game as much as the next person, but he's not even consistently better than Danny Green yet. He has a long way to go.

Best case scenario, he makes the post-Big Three Spurs entertaining to watch, but he isn't good enough to keep them from getting a couple of high draft picks to rebuild.
    He isnt as good as Green according to who? Danny is a better 3 point shooter but thats about it tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He isnt as good as Green according to who? Danny is a better 3 point shooter but thats about it tbh.
    He's not consistently better than Green, no. Green's had many better defensive games than Leonard has. Kawhi really seems to excel against large two-guards and small-forwards who play like guards. Leonard gets the nod on potential, but he often lacks Green's hustle, which is actually really important on defense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's not consistently better than Green, no. Green's had many better defensive games than Leonard has. Kawhi really seems to excel against large two-guards and small-forwards who play like guards. Leonard gets the nod on potential, but he often lacks Green's hustle, which is actually really important on defense.
    I have to disagree. Neither are very consistent imo, Green has his share of dumb mental lapses on defense as well. I like him but I think its clear hes alot more limited than Leonard...Kawhi has alot more in his offensive repertoire. Hes a better rebounder and great at ripping players. Solid man to man defender. I dont see how he lacks hustle either, I have never seen Leonard not play hard or take a play off tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have to disagree. Neither are very consistent imo, Green has his share of dumb mental lapses on defense as well. I like him but I think its clear hes alot more limited than Leonard...Kawhi has alot more in his offensive repertoire. Hes a better rebounder and great at ripping players. Solid man to man defender. I dont see how he lacks hustle either, I have never seen Leonard not play hard or take a play off tbh.
    They are definitely both inconsistent. It's been great that their inconsistency is such that one is usually one at any given time. I'm not saying Leonard lack normal hustle. He couldn't be an effective rebounder if he did. But he's not the same ball-pressure defender that Green is. He's had great moments doing so, though. He fights through screens better than Green does, and he had been length. Green is good a getting steals on the ball and getting blocks off the ball, while Leonard gets his mostly on the ball.

They're definitely different players. Both have a lot of growing to do, and if they are allowed to stay together, they can develop into a really good tandem (as they showed last night). But on any given night, it's a crapshoot on which one is going to bring it on either end of the floor. That's why I don't think Leonard is consistently better yet.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    17/8/5/2 with great D.

hasta la victoria, siempre cheguevara's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I love Kawhi's game as much as the next person, but he's not even consistently better than Danny Green yet.

Danny Green? take the 3pt off this scrub and you got pretty much a pedestrian NBA Player. Kawhi bring elite defense every damn night.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Danny Green? take the 3pt off this scrub and you got pretty much a pedestrian NBA Player. Kawhi bring elite defense every damn night.
    So apparently you don't watch the games. Leonard has great defensive potential, but he definitely does NOT bring elite defense every night, or even most nights.

And Green being pedestrian without his three-pointer is news to me. I'd think he'd be down-right horrible.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would be pleasantly surprised if he can make more than 1 Allstat game, or even one for that matter. Leonard is a fantastic role player, but I am just not sold on him being able to carry a team on offense and defense.
    Perhaps a few all-d teams in his future, a very poor man's version of a Sidney moncrief would incredible.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So apparently you don't watch the games. Leonard has great defensive potential, but he definitely does NOT bring elite defense every night, or even most nights.

And Green being pedestrian without his three-pointer is news to me. I'd think he'd be down-right horrible.
    Leonard is usually at least solid/good defensively. You can't tell me the same thing goes for Green. Exceptional nights for Danny are typical nights for Kawhi on D.

Green does get a lot of ridiculous hate though. It's obvious the guy can stroke the 3.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Leonard is usually at least solid/good defensively. You can't tell me the same thing goes for Green. Exceptional nights for Danny are typical nights for Kawhi on D.

Green does get a lot of ridiculous hate though. It's obvious the guy can stroke the 3.
    Leonard's ceiling is higher, but he usually doesn't come close to being as good as Green is on Green's "exceptional nights." Go back and look at timvp's grades if you don't believe me. You'll see a lot of them showing how Leonard would be relatively ineffective in him man defense. That was the case in most of the games where he was racking up his steals. As I said above, Kawhi and Danny have different defensive strengths. Before Green's recent defensive drought, he was consistently the Spurs' best perimeter defender. Well, as consistent as Green can be at anything.

You'll get no argument from me that Leonard's best nights are truly magnificent. He's been able to really affect players like Durant. But Green has also flat-out erased some good guards this year. If he can get back to that in addition to becoming more consistent from three and continuing to expand his drive game, I think he will have reached his ceiling. But he'd be a fine player and a legitimate starter on most teams.

Thread Information