• All-star

101 46.33%
  • Good Role player

34 15.60%
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Leonard's ceiling is slightly higher than Sean the Lakers.

I'll give him a 4 coaches vote all star ceiling.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Also lol at comparing a guy who is capable of doing like this^ to Shane Battier. I have never seen a poster consistently pump out re ed takes like stretch does tbh.
    Don't sell your re edness short.

Remember det time you said jail> couch?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't sell your re edness short.

Remember det time you said jail> couch?
    Nah I said a temporary, short jail stint>forever being a spineless cuck. Dont be dishonest now.

My Team
    Miami Heat
    Post Count
    Scottie Pippen?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Scottie Pippen?
    I know! Scottie is a poor man's version of Kawhi. Almost a North Korean version.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    19ppg, 7rpg, 3-4apg

Will probably be his ceiling in terms of stats

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yea let's not get carried away here.. He's a great young player, but Scottie Pippen? lol no. Let's not forget Kawhi benefits playing on a good team where he's the 4th or 5th option. I think he's got 3 or 4 All-Star games in him if he stays healthy. He's only 21. But comparing him to one of the 50 greatest players of all-time at this point is silly.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Scottie Pippen?
    You can laugh, but the Per36 minute numbers at similar age/stage of careers, matchup. Especially if you adjust to the fact that Scottie had the ball in his hands more with opportunity to make plays, and took shots at a higher rate. Like I said, Pip's a better playmaker, Whi's a better shooter. The roles are different, but the players are very comparable in my eyes.

I can admit I love the Spurs and Leonard and think especially high of him, but I was a huge Bulls fan and Pippen fan during that era as well, and saw nearly every game he played from 92-98. Time skews things, but i tend to favor the old school, so I'm not making that comparison blind by any means.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Their game and physique are similar but thats about it, man. Pip was able to do most of the things we marvel at with Kawhi, but at a really high level. Way too early to call him the next Pippen.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let's not forget Kawhi benefits playing on a good team where he's the 4th or 5th option.
    That is actually holding him back, since being made from a spot up shooter to a 3rd-4th option he's been averaging around 15ppg in still a limited amount of attempts. Think of James Harden not being able to shine because of playing behind Durant and Westbrick.

If he was a 1st option on a bad team he'd be averaging around 18+ PPG. It's also best to think of this season as his rookie season, least year he had no training camp and very limited practice.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Time skews things, but i tend to favor the old school, so I'm not making that comparison blind by any means.
    It's not a blind comparison.

It's a re ed comparison.

My Team
    Miami Heat
    Post Count
    It's not a blind comparison.

It's a re ed comparison.
    This

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah I said a temporary, short jail stint>forever being a spineless cuck. Dont be dishonest now.
    Except that breaking and entering + assault isn't a short jail stint.

You're still re ed.

Smh utsa

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Their game and physique are similar but thats about it, man. Pip was able to do most of the things we marvel at with Kawhi, but at a really high level. Way too early to call him the next Pippen.
    I'm not calling him Pippen yet, I'm saying he can be that. Pippen was ing awesome, but so is Kawhi. I'm not comparing 2nd year, 21 year old Kawhi to prime time 94-95 Pip here. He's got time to continue to develop, and with what he's shown us already, I have no reason to believe he's gonna stop developing at a rapid rate.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Except that breaking and entering + assault isn't a short jail stint.

You're still re ed.

Smh utsa
    It can be for a first time offender who has otherwise been an upstanding member of society. Probation is a very realistic possibility.

smh trying to justify being a spineless cuck

I'm not calling him Pippen yet, I'm saying he can be that. Pippen was ing awesome, but so is Kawhi. I'm not comparing 2nd year, 21 year old Kawhi to prime time 94-95 Pip here. He's got time to continue to develop, and with what he's shown us already, I have no reason to believe he's gonna stop developing at a rapid rate.
    I get that but it would take alot for him to ever reach Pippens level imo. I think a poor mans Pipp is more realistic, similar game and can do alot of things Pipp could do as a Point-Forward but just not at the same elite level.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I can admit I love the Spurs and Leonard and think especially high of him, but I was a huge Bulls fan and Pippen fan during that era as well, and saw nearly every game he played from 92-98.
    Oh. I see whats going on here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I get that but it would take alot for him to ever reach Pippens level imo. I think a poor mans Pipp is more realistic, similar game and can do alot of things Pipp could do as a Point-Forward but just not at the same elite level.
    Fair enough, definitely more realistic I guess... I'm swinging for the fences with my prediction tho.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi shows shades of James Worthy, Scottie Pippen and a young Julius Erving. The way he lets the game come to him and stays within the system is amazing for a player of his age, talent and NBA experience. If he continues to improve like he has and manages to stay healthy, superstar is his ceiling.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fair enough, definitely more realistic I guess... I'm swinging for the fences with my prediction tho.
    Its what stands out when Kawhi is at his best, right? Here's the comparison from Bball-ref -

http://bkref.com/tiny/pBWUt

Rk Player From To G MP PER TS% eFG% ORB% DRB% TRB% AST% STL% BLK% TOV% USG% ORtg DRtg OWS DWS WS WS/48
    1 Kawhi Leonard 2012 2013 108 2859 16.3 .584 .551 5.8 16.5 11.4 6.6 2.9 1.2 9.4 15.2 116 100 5.1 4.9 10.0 .168
    2 Scottie Pippen* 1988 1989 152 4063 14.1 .510 .480 7.3 13.6 10.5 14.9 2.8 1.7 16.8 20.8 100 104 0.4 5.9 6.3 .074

Kawhi's advanced metrics match up well with Scottie's in his first two seasons. There is still a long ways to go for Kawhi to get to even close to half Scottie's development in his next seasons, but the potential is certainly there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^Sweet, thanks for posting the stat comparrison like that... I mean, the numbers don't lie. The stats are very similar, while Kawhi honestly kinda blows him away in efficiency at this point in their careers. Scottie's TO and foul rate are much higher, shooting percentages across the board are way lower, defensive rating, offensive rating, win shares all favor Kawhi significantly.

And he's 2 years younger at this point

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It can be for a first time offender who has otherwise been an upstanding member of society. Probation is a very realistic possibility.

smh trying to justify being a spineless cuck
    You don't understand what a felony conviction is, do you, re .

It's better to admit you don't and ask questions about it than to pretend you know anything more than what you've seen on TV.

Rockett's days as a roadrunner are most likely done. You yourself could be sent back to Mexico forever.

Smh utsa.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You don't understand what a felony conviction is, do you, re .

It's better to admit you don't and ask questions about it than to pretend you know anything more than what you've seen on TV.

Rockett's days as a roadrunner are most likely done. You yourself could be sent back to Mexico forever.

Smh utsa.
    Are you implying probation isnt an option with felonies, cuck?

I didnt want to get in trouble so I just sat back and watched my wife get ed in front of me, who cares if it makes me a cuck

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ceiling is superstar, but players rarely reach their ceiling. I'd say legit 2nd option on a championship option should be attainable.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's shown flashes of Tmac and Pippen, maybe minus the offense as of right now, but I predict he's gonna be an allstar in the next 2-3 years and if he remins healthy he will be a perennial allstar.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Defensively, I think he could one day become the most versatile/best defender in the league.

Thread Information