Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you have a laptop with hdmi, install XBMC and the following plugins and you are set. All tv shows, movies, sporting events (or close enough)
    1. Navi-X
    2. Ice Films
    3. 1 Channel
    4. Mash Up
    5. Movie2k
    6. Project free tv
    7. SportsDEvil
    8. Video Devil
    but there are literally thousands of other channels and plugins/conten libraries you can add. If you don't have a laptop with this stuff spend $100 (shipped) on a Minix Neo X5 (http://www.geekbuying.com) and either buy a good airmouse or a good wireless keyboard and mouse and you are Golden.
    Yeah I had read about XBMC somewhere and installed it

I was like WTF this is a glorified media player with a few ty channels and links

Thanks for the list, I will check out those plugins

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    Yeah I had read about XBMC somewhere and installed it

I was like WTF this is a glorified media player with a few ty channels and links

Thanks for the list, I will check out those plugins

I agree a couple years ago I installed it and didn't get much out of it but it has come a lonnnnngggg way in development. Sports Streams are plentiful but you have to be patient sometimes finding a working link.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    can xbmc be installed on a ps3?

im thinkn of doing a ps3 hdd conversion...4tb?

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    I dont think so

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    can xbmc be installed on a ps3?

im thinkn of doing a ps3 hdd conversion...4tb?
    See my "Android on a stick" thread. Xbmc can run on one of those.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you have a laptop with hdmi, install XBMC and the following plugins and you are set. All tv shows, movies, sporting events (or close enough)
    1. Navi-X
    2. Ice Films
    3. 1 Channel
    4. Mash Up
    5. Movie2k
    6. Project free tv
    7. SportsDEvil
    8. Video Devil
    but there are literally thousands of other channels and plugins/conten libraries you can add. If you don't have a laptop with this stuff spend $100 (shipped) on a Minix Neo X5 (http://www.geekbuying.com) and either buy a good airmouse or a good wireless keyboard and mouse and you are Golden.
    I built my own HTPC, but I wish I had waited. These low cost android devices are pretty intriguing.

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    They are good but if you have an old pc laying around its better to use it i think. The android boxes and sticks are buggy (i have both) crashes are inevitable for the most part Ive been happy with my Minix, if you get one get Minix because it has a pretty large community of people developing it including the manufacturer back in China with some of the lesser known brands you are on your own.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    See my "Android on a stick" thread. Xbmc can run on one of those.
    I'm running Xbmc on my Android phone. lol

Kooler than Jesus Nathan Explosion's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have a media streaming device in every room. I have a 360 in my room, my kids have Wiis and my backroom has a media streamer. All of them do Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon. For shows not found on any of these, I know of a site. For my sports, I know of a site. I haven't had cable in almost a year. My friend moved to AZ and I just let it go. In fact, I'm going to watch the Spurs game on my computer in my room. A 19" monitor isn't bad for a bedroom. And while the stream isn't HD, and I do like watching sports in HD, I can't really be choosy because I'm watching any sporting event for $25 (the cost of my internet with 30 mb download, thank you Grande). Add in the $16 I pay between Netflix and Hulu and I'm getting all my entertainment needs me for more than $100 less than what I was paying for cable.

The only thing I miss is recording sporting events, and with basketball, there's so many games on that it's not that big of a deal. And since the Cowboys suck, I don't want to watch half of their games anyway because they lose half of them.

Kooler than Jesus Nathan Explosion's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not to mention, I can always get the ESPN broadcast on my 360. And tonight's game is on KENS, so HD it is for me. Yeah.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have a media streaming device in every room. I have a 360 in my room, my kids have Wiis and my backroom has a media streamer. All of them do Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon. For shows not found on any of these, I know of a site. For my sports, I know of a site. I haven't had cable in almost a year. My friend moved to AZ and I just let it go. In fact, I'm going to watch the Spurs game on my computer in my room. A 19" monitor isn't bad for a bedroom. And while the stream isn't HD, and I do like watching sports in HD, I can't really be choosy because I'm watching any sporting event for $25 (the cost of my internet with 30 mb download, thank you Grande). Add in the $16 I pay between Netflix and Hulu and I'm getting all my entertainment needs me for more than $100 less than what I was paying for cable.

The only thing I miss is recording sporting events, and with basketball, there's so many games on that it's not that big of a deal. And since the Cowboys suck, I don't want to watch half of their games anyway because they lose half of them.
    Rojadirecta forums have a recent matches download section : soccer, NBA, NHL, NFL

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aereo wins major court battle against TV networks

A remarkably tech-savvy decision

By T.C. Sottek on April 1, 2013 11:09 am Email @LaughingStoic
    117COMMENTS

DON'T MISS ANY STORIES FOLLOW THE VERGE

[COLOR=#04558B !important]62

in[COLOR=#333333 !important]Share[/COLOR]

The United States Second Circuit Court of Appeals just rejected an appeal from TV networks against web-television company Aereo by a 2-1 vote, concluding that Aereo's system does not infringe the broadcaster's copyrights. Broadcasters argued that unlike Cablevision, Aereo lacked the proper license to operate — but the court ruled that the license doesn't matter since Aereo customers are streaming their own unique copies to themselves. The remarkably tech-savvy decision for Aereo today clears major legal difficulties for the web-television broadcaster, and will force TV networks to win an appeal either in front of the full Second Circuit or Supreme Court if they want to shut the streaming service down. "The Second Circuit stomped the broadcasters pretty hard," said The Verge's Nilay Patel, a former copyright attorney.
    "THE SECOND CIRCUIT STOMPED THE BROADCASTERS PRETTY HARD."
    It is beyond dispute that the transmission of a broadcast TV program received by an individual’s rooftop antenna to the TV in his living room is private, because only that individual can receive the transmission from that antenna, ensuring that the potential audience of that transmission is only one person. Plaintiffs have presented no reason why the result should be any different when that rooftop antenna is rented from Aereo and its signals transmitted over the internet: it remains the case that only one person can receive that antenna’s transmissions.
    Judge Christopher Droney, Second Circuit Court of Appeals
    Aereo allows TV watchers to stream HD video over the web with a proprietary remote antenna and DVR service. For $12 a month, customers can watch more than 20 local broadcast networks, including CBS, NBC, FOX, ABC, PBS, and the CW. The company employs a fleet of miniature antennas that pull broadcast signals from the air, like the classic "rabbit ears" that capture local TV signals, and each customer receives their own antenna; from the start, Aereo contended that it was actually providing a use license for the antenna and the cloud DVR, and not the content itself. Upholding a long tradition of fighting innovation, the broadcast television industry immediately attacked Aereo in court, with a spokesman for the National Association of Broadcasters saying that "they're charging a fee for content they do not own."
    "WE ARE CONFIDENT THAT WE WILL PREVAIL."
    Open internet advocate Public Knowledge quickly hailed today's court decision. "Only in the world of copyright maximalists do people need to get special permission to watch over-the-air television with an antenna," said Senior Staff Attorney John Bergmayer. "Just because 'the internet' is involved doesn't change this." But CBS, a plaintiff in one of the groups suing Aereo, appears undeterred by the decision. "As the courts continue to consider this case and others like it, we are confident that the rights of content owners will be recognized and that we will prevail," a CBS spokesperson told The Verge.
    The National Association of Broadcasters, part of another major group suing Aereo, expressed similar confidence; in a statement released today, the NAB said "today's decision is a loss for the entire creative community. The court has ruled that it is ok to steal copyrighted material and retransmit it without compensation." The NAB says that "we have and are considering our options to protect our programming," and "we remain confident that we will ultimately prevail." An NAB spokesperson tells The Verge that "NAB is disappointed with the Second Circuit's 2-1 decision allowing Aereo to continue its illegal operations while broadcasters' copyright actions are heard."
    "THE PROMISE AND COMMITMENT TO PROGRAM IN THE PUBLIC INTEREST IN EXCHANGE FOR THE PUBLIC'S SPECTRUM REMAINS AN IMPORTANT PART OF OUR AMERICAN FABRIC."
    Aereo naturally welcomed the victory; "Today's ruling sends a powerful message that consumer access to free-to-air broadcast television is still meaningful in this country and that the promise and commitment made by the broadcasters to program in the public interest in exchange for the public's spectrum remains an important part of our American fabric," said Aereo CEO Chet Kanojia. "We may be a small start-up, but we've always believed in standing up and fighting for our consumers."
    Aereo's legal difficulties are said to have stunted its growth in markets across the US, and has reportedly caused potential partners, like DirecTV, to shy away from cooperation. For now, today's court decision alleviates Aereo's biggest albatross, allowing it to focus on expansion.
    Nilay Patel and Greg Sandoval contributed to this report.

[/COLOR]

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Me, I just upped to a Hopper with Sling + Joey... liking it very much, tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Project Free TV is the

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That Aero decision is awesome. I was made aware of that court case just this past week and thought it was pretty interesting. I really am just anxious for ala carte TV to begin. I want maybe 7 channels at most. I know I had heard rumblings of HBO offering their programming to internet subscribers soon.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That Aero decision is awesome. I was made aware of that court case just this past week and thought it was pretty interesting. I really am just anxious for ala carte TV to begin. I want maybe 7 channels at most. I know I had heard rumblings of HBO offering their programming to internet subscribers soon.
    The decision to have video out on HBO Go apps was just the beginning, hopefully. I know they want on the AppleTV as an app as well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    UGH! my buddy hurt his back a few months ago (he is fine now), and his FMLA is up, but has decided to finish school full time since he is engaged to a vet who makes bank. He is the one from whom I get my free direcTV. Since he quit, he had to come get his box the day before yesterday. 2 games before the playoffs I lose my cable. Damn, now I have to figure out an alternate route to watch games. First world problems, I know.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wish I could just buy FSSW a la carte.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If it weren't for sports, I'd drop cable fast.
    Yeah I'm in the same boat. I'm sure I can get by with downloading the movies and TV shows I wanna see, then find a way to stream the sporting events, but that almost seems like too much of a hassle.

What I can, and have done though, is call up and threaten to cancel; they in turn give me better rates!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah I'm in the same boat. I'm sure I can get by with downloading the movies and TV shows I wanna see, then find a way to stream the sporting events, but that almost seems like too much of a hassle.

What I can, and have done though, is call up and threaten to cancel; they in turn give me better rates!
    Really, to me, the best idea is to buy a sling box for a friends who I know will watch every spurs game, and gift it to him under the agreement that he always slings games to me. Then again, I am not totally sure how a slingbox works (I have never seriously looked into them, but understand the basic concept) so I don't know for sure if this would fly.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    It's nerve wracking doing that. So afraid they're just going to turn me down and I'll be embarrassed. I've pulled it twice in 2 years (and it's worked both times) and it's like when the date approaches I get so nervous like when the cars are due for smog inspections. Christ.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's nerve wracking doing that. So afraid they're just going to turn me down and I'll be embarrassed. I've pulled it twice in 2 years (and it's worked both times) and it's like when the date approaches I get so nervous like when the cars are due for smog inspections. Christ.
    Yeah, I've found the main thing is to be firm when they try to counter your reason for leaving and demand to cancel. If they do say ok and begin the process, just hang up I doubt they'll be calling back to finish the process.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am intrigued by these options

Especially since the goddam cable keeps glitching out like its turning into Agent Smith from the Matrix. Pretty annoying to miss the game changing momentum plays in the NBA because of cable signal lag or whatever the causes it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Really, to me, the best idea is to buy a sling box for a friends who I know will watch every spurs game, and gift it to him under the agreement that he always slings games to me. Then again, I am not totally sure how a slingbox works (I have never seriously looked into them, but understand the basic concept) so I don't know for sure if this would fly.
    I wanted to do this but then my mom asked me to show her how to tether so she could drop her internet.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wanted to do this but then my mom asked me to show her how to tether so she could drop her internet.
    LOL! awesome.

Thread Information