My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I see what you did there Mike!!

Kiwi, Advanced Stat Fan
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've gone full circle on the Spurs drafting him. I thought he wouldn't be an option because the Spurs have many good bigs, and he wouldn't play, but the stats fan in me now probably has him at the top of the Spurs list of options(Behind Porter and some top 5 guys, but at the top of the guys who might be there at 28). Size is sufficient if his closest combine comparison is Tiago, he's a good shooter(FT's and apparently dominating workouts) and a good rebounder.

He's good in that APBR post in the main draft thread, the Wages of Wins #'s like him aswell(http://wagesofwins.com/2013/05/28/ra...each-position/), the Spurs have interviewed him and their picks in the last few years have been a lot of guys relatively high up on the Wins produced rankings.

I think he's a VERY likely candidate to be drafted if available.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Noticed those stats too, that's what turned me on. The past guys we have drafted have all had high win shares and have been pretty successful relative to their draft position. It's an added bonus he has a high PER. I feel like he's gonna move ahead of our draft spot before draft day.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He looks like the most polished big in the draft. Definitely would not be a bad pick at #28. The biggest question mark is putting on more muscle and strength. It's also hard to tell how much the level of compe ion played into his stats. Then again, we're probably not even talking about this guy at #28 if he had played for a major program.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Spurs draft Muscala, bonner should definitely go.. Defensively the spurs can improve with Baynes going through a full training camp..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just don't know how I feel about Muscala still. Theoretically I love the fit but I just don't know if his game is going to translate well. Could be a complete bust or a huge steal.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    I just don't know how I feel about Muscala still. Theoretically I love the fit but I just don't know if his game is going to translate well. Could be a complete bust or a huge steal.
    mike had terrible ncaa tournament he was dominated .......................

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    mike had terrible ncaa tournament he was dominated .......................
    He only played 1 game but yeah that sticks in my mind as well. Butler is solid though.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would like to see the Spurs pick this guy at #28 even though they really need a small forward. Despite the bad tournament game against Butler there is so much potential with him. His post game is already quite polished with his footwork being excellent as well as his ability to shoot well with the left hand. He can shoot outside too. The biggest question would be putting on more muscle to compete well in the NBA. His skill set is too special to pass-up if he is available at #28, which seems to be the case based on mock drafts thus far.

Kiwi, Advanced Stat Fan
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think he's the most likely player to be drafted by the Spurs. Passes a few stats based systems, and figures to be available at 28. I don't think he'll be a star, but getting an average NBA player at 28 is a huge win.

Spurs fan in Las Vegas Drom John's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mike Muscala ✔ @mikejawz
    Signed with Blusens Monbus Obradoiro today. Estoy emocionado por la oportunidad! http://instagram.com/p/cdE8iwTQpE/
    Can any of y'all tell me about the quality of Lega Endesa?

Blaaaah
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    liga endesa is another name for liga ACB. So top level Spanish league wit Barcelona, Madrid, Valencia & all

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Could this guy possibly be what the spurs will get in return for the Splitter trade? Has anyone seen him play?

Kiwi, Advanced Stat Fan
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There was a statement that the player to the spurs wasn't on the roster yet, and Muscala was - A lot of specualtion that Tavares is the guy - He was signed a day later. There are other options though, they have a Minny pick upcoming (Payne trade), and there could be a "worst of those 2 picks" deal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When its all said and done since it appears impossible that Spurs get Tav, I would be very happy with Muscala.

Coming Off The Bench TheGoldStandard's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When its all said and done since it appears impossible that Spurs get Tav, I would be very happy with Muscala.
    He is a team option, so then trading him would allow spurs to keep his rights correct?

Thread Information