Lottery Pick
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    DETROIT - Volkswagen AG is recalling nearly 40,000 Jetta sedans in the United States because fuel could leak and start a fire, federal safety regulators said Thursday.

ADVERTISEMENT

Jettas from the 2005 model year are involved in the recall. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration said a fuel supply line clamp may not be properly positioned, which could lead to a leak.

Volkswagen said it knows of no deaths or injuries related to the defect, which was reported to the company by a small number of owners.

"We don't know of any fires whatsoever because of this, but we think it is important to act quickly and reassure new Jetta owners about our commitment to their safety and satisfaction," Len Hunt, Volkswagen's executive vice president, said in a statement.

NHTSA also announced two additional recalls Thursday.

Ford Motor Co. is recalling the 2006 Ford Expedition and 2006 Lincoln Navigator because the left-side tires may have tread damage caused by a sharp piece of steel they may have encountered during manufacturing. There are 10,061 vehicles involved in that recall, NHTSA said.

Toyota Motor Corp. is recalling 11,592 Tacoma pickup trucks from the 2005 model year that have bench seats. NHTSA said the seat-belt buckle sensor may not function as designed, which could cause the air bag to deploy improperly in a crash.

Owners will be notified of the recalls this month. Dealers will repair the defective parts for free.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    I use the bus, That is why I havent replied to Buddy Holly's Toll road topic,

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Cal Bears
    You know who drives jettas? Cool, flip flop wearing, sunglass wearing, narly, teens. Mother ers, although some of them girls be some hot ass hoe's. WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Post Count
    NBA Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    I don't have a car.

WHere do I usually go? Upstairs to Room 201 and the Reagle Beagle...no car needed.

I'm Way Funnier Than You TastesLikeChicken's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I was part of a Vehicle Recall once

It was a few years ago and involved an Audi, I just sat on the porch and thought about all the good times we had

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    amazing, Volkswagen is supposedly a great manufacturer, and they have alot of recalls....

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    we have a 2004 jetta - always having problems with the sunroof and windows - sometimes they open sometimes they don't - once we stopped to fillup with gas and the gas cap release button on the door just fell off - i will not buy another one

See you when it burns SWC Bonfire's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    amazing, Volkswagen is supposedly a great manufacturer, and they have alot of recalls....
    I've heard a lot of people have trouble with Volkswagens... but not many complaints with the Passats. You get what you pay for. All cars have problems, some more than others.

Ford Motor Co. is recalling the 2006 Ford Expedition and 2006 Lincoln Navigator because the left-side tires may have tread damage caused by a sharp piece of steel they may have encountered during manufacturing. There are 10,061 vehicles involved in that recall, NHTSA said.
    As an engineer involved in manufacturing, I feel for this one... costly.

needs a margarita
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    That's because most VWs aren't made in Germany anymore.

The first car I ever bought was a 1987 VW GTI 16V. Oh, what a fun car that was to drive.

See you when it burns SWC Bonfire's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    That's because most VWs aren't made in Germany anymore.
    Yep. Puebla, Mexico. But Dodge trucks are also made in Mexico, and I haven't had any problems with them. It is just the point of assembly; in my experience, the more "european" the design, the less margin of error for the assembly personnel/ parts manufacturers. Fast and sloppy does have it's benefits! (And no, that was not a sexual innuendo )

needs a margarita
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    And no, that was not a sexual innuendo )
    Damn...you're slacking!

SW: Hot As Hell
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I thought this said "Vehicle Roll call", and was for all the "Vehicle" screen names to post in.

needs a margarita
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I thought this said "Vehicle Roll call", and was for all the "Vehicle" screen names to post in.
    Gremlin reporting!

Thread Information