NBADraft

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nice size for a PG.
    Great vision, natural at running the show.
    excellent passer.
    can score
    nice Olympics.
    ideal back up PG already.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pros
    * Excellent passing.
    * Great court vision.
    * Above average ball handling. Nothing fancy.
    * Has confidence in his own abilities and is great with handling pressure (see Aus vs USA at Olympics)
    * Proven scorer at college level. Great shooter.

Cons
    * Slow and lacks athletic ability. May not be as effective in the NBA.
    * Shooting is great, but lacks good shooting mechanics. Shooting form slow and unorthodox.
    * Defense not up to par.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've liked the little that I've saw of him with Australia NT. He would be a fine choice for Spurs late second round pick if he is fine with a draft and stash scenario.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Genuine late second round chance. Smart, hi bbl iq, backup PG ready. If overlooked there will be a nice Italian/mid rung Spanish team waiting for the time being.

For those who not follow Gaels in November 2011 Gaels played the Damien Lillard, Weber State team.
    Lillard had 36 & 3, Dellavedova 25 & 11.
    Last edited by 99 Problems; 03-05-2013 at 05:40 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pros
    * Excellent passing.
    * Great court vision.
    * Above average ball handling. Nothing fancy.
    * Has confidence in his own abilities and is great with handling pressure (see Aus vs USA at Olympics)
    * Proven scorer at college level. Great shooter.

Cons
    * Slow and lacks athletic ability. May not be as effective in the NBA.
    * Shooting is great, but lacks good shooting mechanics. Shooting form slow and unorthodox.
    * Defense not up to par.
    if you looked at a scouting report from 4 years ago maybe. has quite a quick release now

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if you looked at a scouting report from 4 years ago maybe. has quite a quick release now
    Fair enough. I haven't really followed his career at Saint Mary's, so I only went by what I saw at the London Olympics.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    would be a great pick up for us with a late pick.

Something very Steve Nash about him for mine, but tougher

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Played some nice ball yesterday at day 1 of the Nets combine.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is he like Ricky Rubio or upgraded version of Nando de Colo?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is he like Ricky Rubio or upgraded version of Nando de Colo?
    He's probably worse than Nando

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rubio was All-Star bound prior to the injury and probably still is. Dellavedova is an elite passer -P&R creator who could back up TP for next 4-5 season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ok thanks! I mean I'm referring to playing style if he was like a Ricky Rubio 2.0.

from across the pond Anonymous Cowherd's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rubio was All-Star bound prior to the injury
    He really, really wasn't

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's probably worse than Nando
    Bollocks, Dell can score, and is not afraid of getting dirty.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Australian basketball people on radio this morning were talking like its almost a lock that Dell would go to San Antonio with pick 58 if not already selected. Brown loves all things Dell and has convinced RC and Pop of the same.

Dell did very well at the Nets combine and backed it up earlier today at the T-Wolves one where it was mutually agreed that he was the best player out there today. So he may go higher than 58. But if not the irony will be it would probably be at the expense of Mills who has been a mentor of his.

T-Wolves considered him NBA ready
    Last edited by benfti; 05-29-2013 at 09:03 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Told NBA T-Wolves Houston and Denver next.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No idea how the Houston one went but the Denver ones are today, and they only bought in 12 guys

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    PROSPECT PROFILE

MATTHEW DELLAVEDOVA

• Full Name: Matthew Dellavedova
    • Position: Point Guard
    • Height/Weight: 6-4 / 190
    • Birthdate: September 8, 1990
    • College: St. Mary's College (CA)

Strengths
    - Good size for his position
    - NBA-range 3-point shooter
    - Intelligent
    - Leadership
    - Good handle
    - Great passer
    - Competes
    Weaknesses
    - Doesn't have next-level athleticism
    - Can he defend in the NBA?
    NBA projection
    Though he had an impressive college career and has extensive international experience, starting all six games for Australia in the 2012 Summer Olympics, Dellavedova hasn't turned up in any mock drafts. Scouts question his ability to guard in the NBA. But he's got skills that could land him a backup job, notably he's a great passer, can make 3s, and can play the pick and roll game.
    2012-13 season
    Dellavedova was chosen first-team All-West Coast Conference, and an honorable mention All-America (Associated Press) after leading the league in assists and finishing sixth in scoring, third in free-throw percentage and second in 3-pointers made per game (2.5). He helped lead the Gaels to the NCAA tournament, where they won a First Four game over Middle Tennessee before losing to Memphis in the second round.
    Key statistics
    15.8 ppg | 3.4 rpg | 6.6 apg | 2.8 tpg | 1.0 spg | 36.4 mpg | .404 FG | .382 3PT | .852 FT
    Cool statistic
    Dellavedova ended his career as Saint Mary's all-time leader in points (1,933), assists (778), 3-pointers made (288) and attempted (761), free-throw percentage (.860), games played (136) and games started (133).
    Reminds me of...
    Blake Stepp
    What Insiders Say
    Saint Mary's coach Randy Bennett
    "Put it in his hands and he's going to get everybody where they're supposed to be and keep from turning it over while he's doing it. It sounds easy. [But] it's hard to find a guy who can do that. It's hard to speed Matt up. It's hard to get him out of sorts. He's very composed and he's seen about everything. He's seen big athletes against him. He's seen the quick ones. He's seen the trap. He's seen the show. He's seen the switch. He's seen them all. His experience and his leadership and his basketball IQ are about as high as you're going to get in college basketball."
    What Outsiders Say
    Memphis coach Josh Pastner
    "He's a pro. The guy was a starting guard for the Australian Olympic team. In fact, the Dream Team had to change their pick-and-roll coverage against him because he was hurting them. ... He's a pro. He's a pro basketball player that's playing college. When I say that pro, you know, not in a lack of amateur status, just of a pro basketball player playing college."

http://www.nba.com/draft/2013/prospects/matthew-dellavedova/

this guy has spur written all over him I think

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've liked the little that I've saw of him with Australia NT. He would be a fine choice for Spurs late second round pick if he is fine with a draft and stash scenario.
    I have a feeling on the face of it, thats what will happen. For starters, with Brown the most likey to move up to head assistant there is a chance he might have a say, the kids got a passport and several Euro offers already on the table.

That being said, if he plays summer league, he will earn a roster spot, i have no doubt.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have a feeling on the face of it, thats what will happen. For starters, with Brown the most likey to move up to head assistant there is a chance he might have a say, the kids got a passport and several Euro offers already on the table.

That being said, if he plays summer league, he will earn a roster spot, i have no doubt.
    The issue is that, even if he is a good player, it seems that there isn't a spot for him on the team if he isn't fine with being stashed. Parker and Joseph will just takes all the minutes at the PG spot next season. If Spurs gives up on Neal and De Colo, there might have some minutes at the SG spot but from the little I've seen of him and by looking at his measurements, Dellavedova doesn't seem well suited to play SG.

To me, his willingness to play overseas is the key for him to have a shot at being drafted by Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The issue is that, even if he is a good player, it seems that there isn't a spot for him on the team if he isn't fine with being stashed. Parker and Joseph will just takes all the minutes at the PG spot next season. If Spurs gives up on Neal and De Colo, there might have some minutes at the SG spot but from the little I've seen of him and by looking at his measurements, Dellavedova doesn't seem well suited to play SG.

To me, his willingness to play overseas is the key for him to have a shot at being drafted by Spurs.

Thats what im saying, he is willing to play overseas. Brett Brown rates him very highly. So at 58 I think he would be a strong selection. But it would not surprise me if he got a roster spot off a strong summer league showing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Realistically Delly could push CJ to 3rd string reasonably quickly regardless of CJ good development. Unfortunately Millsy would be the guy who would suffer most.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Realistically Delly could push CJ to 3rd string reasonably quickly regardless of CJ good development. Unfortunately Millsy would be the guy who would suffer most.
    For me the irony at considering Dell, it will probably be at the cost of Mills, thats fine, Patty will catch on somewhere else. I also think that Dell is a better option than CJ. Much better facilitator of offense, and able to score as well. CJ the better defender.

Thread Information