Weight: 235 lbs
    Birthday: 06/26/1992
    Team: Cholet (France)

DraftExpress
    NBADraft

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seems to be dropping in a lot of mocks. What is your opinion on Gobert's game Bruno?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seems to be dropping in a lot of mocks. What is your opinion on Gobert's game Bruno?
    Gobert has a huge upside with crazy length and great mobility but he has also some big flaws. He really lack of power which hurt him to battle in the paint. He is raw as offensively with no post game. He is having a complicated season with some injuries and the fact that most opponents play extra hard against him just to own a future lottery pick.

It's a risky pick but I still think he would be a nice gamble for a mid to late first round pick. Some players with his physical abilities have been busts like Ajinça or Whiteside but their main issue was a poor work ethic and Gobert seems to be fine in that area.

He might slide in some mock drafts but he is still heavily followed. For his last game, there were 21 NBA scouts and 1 GM (Presti). They were at this game also to watch one of his opponents called Mam Jaiteh but it's unreal how much NBA people these two prospects have been able to draw for a game.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They were at this game also to watch one of his opponents called Mam Jaiteh but it's unreal how much NBA people these two prospects have been able to draw for a game.
    Hey Bruno, I'm kind of surprised that you don't have one of these for Jaiteh... He might be a useful 2nd round pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hey Bruno, I'm kind of surprised that you don't have one of these for Jaiteh... He might be a useful 2nd round pick.
    I've mostly done profile for automatically eligible players (college senior and 1991 international players). There are some profiles for underclassmen projected to enter in the 2013 draft and I will add others when the early entry list will be known. If you want thread(s) on some draft prospects, just let me know and I will gladly do them.

Regarding Jaiteh, he is a big time prospect. I'm a huge fan of him. He is first round material and might be even get drafted before Gobert if he is in this year draft. The key for him will be the Nike Hoops Summit. If he doesn't shine at that game, I would have no problem with Spurs doing a Mahinmi and guaranteeing their first round pick to him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've mostly done profile for automatically eligible players (college senior and 1991 international players). There are some profiles for underclassmen projected to enter in the 2013 draft and I will add others when the early entry list will be known. If you want thread(s) on some draft prospects, just let me know and I will gladly do them.
    Bruno Have you heard anything about Giannis Adetokunbo? Seen him play? Starting to see a lot of people talk about this young kid and DX has him in their latest mock.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bruno Have you heard anything about Giannis Adetokunbo? Seen him play?
    No, I haven't. I didn't even knew he existed until a week ago when DX has started to promote him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes, please. If you can't teach height, you DAMN sure can't teach a 7'9" wingspan.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This guy is softer then Splitter...sorry I would pass.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This guy is softer then Splitter...sorry I would pass.
    Are you flying over and scouting his games?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did I read that right 7'6" wingspan?!? Like what I've read about him so far. If he has a decent motor and good work ethic then heck yes. If he is Ajinca, then pass for sure.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did I read that right 7'6" wingspan?!?
    You didn't.

He has a 7'8.9 wingspan.

source

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would rather get someone who could start then live off the could/potential that gets most teams in trouble.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would rather get someone who could start then live off the could/potential that gets most teams in trouble.
    Not available outside of the top 5 picks. , Kawhi didn't even start until Manu went down last year. He went back to the bench until HWSNBN was traded.

I'm not down with potential for guards and wings, but big men have to cook a little longer before they're done, and if you can get a freak like Gobert and actually develop him, LOOK OUT.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That is our problem when was the last time we developed a big man? Pop doesn't know how to coach and develop big men he needs to bring in someone to help him just like he brought in a free throw coach to help out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That is our problem when was the last time we developed a big man? Pop doesn't know how to coach and develop big men he needs to bring in someone to help him just like he brought in a free throw coach to help out.
    You don't get big men of quality where we draft. Even the raw projects are usually gone by the late 20s in the first round. You can't make diamonds out of dog .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wouldn't worry about Spurs ability to develop a promising young big because they have Tim Duncan who is very willing to mentor young players and seems to do it successfully during the summer with other teams bigmen like Roy Hibbert.

Now, the issue is finding a good young promising bigmen because they are few and most of the time they end up being drafted in the lottery, well before Spurs pick. And I'm not sold on Gobert being that promising player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Since the 2008 draft which had 3 good big men in the 2nd round (Pekovic, DeAndre Jordan and Asik) there hasn't been a quality big fall that low, and Pekovic was only a 2nd rounder because teams knew he wouldn't come over for the rookie scale contract ala Splitter.

Of course the year before that you had Big Baby Davis and Marc Gasol in the 2nd and before that Millsap was a mid second rounder. There is the occasional diamond in the rough

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Since the 2008 draft which had 3 good big men in the 2nd round (Pekovic, DeAndre Jordan and Asik) there hasn't been a quality big fall that low, and Pekovic was only a 2nd rounder because teams knew he wouldn't come over for the rookie scale contract ala Splitter.

Of course the year before that you had Big Baby Davis and Marc Gasol in the 2nd and before that Millsap was a mid second rounder. There is the occasional diamond in the rough
    Other than Pecovic, and maybe Gasol, all of those guys had HUGE flaws that every team passed on in the first.

BTW, when those drafts went down, we had Scola (2007 draft) AND Splitter (2008 draft) already on the line. As you've said, no one really fell since then.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he didnt look like a lotto pick... i think he could go in the 20s

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he didnt look like a lotto pick... i think he could go in the 20s
    Uh, no. He's destroying scorers in the paint, blocks, steals and deflections. Players like that rarely get out of the top 10. I thought we had a chance to hypothetically move up to the mid teens and snag him, but he's really trending upwards in the last week or so.

DraftExpress: No one can score on Rudy Gobert inside the paint. Block deflections steals. Changing everything around the rim. #nbacombine
    2013-05-16 11:51:43

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DraftExpress: No one can score on Rudy Gobert inside the paint. Block Deflections steals. Changing everything around the rim. #nbacombine
    2013-05-16 11:51:43
    @ DX... nuff said!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    @ DX... nuff said!
    I'll be ready with the bump when he goes way earlier than the 20s. Pretty arrogant to think you're smarter than someone who does draft analysis for a living and is on site for the draft combine.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll be ready with the bump when he goes way earlier than the 20s. Pretty arrogant to think you're smarter than someone who does draft analysis for a living and is on site for the draft combine.
    @ u but but DX said so... plz...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Gobert pulls a Leonard and falls into the late teens, would he be worth moving Green for?

Thread Information