Weight: 223 lbs
    Birthday: 04/08/1994
    Team: Cibona Zagreb (Croatia)

DraftExpress
    NBADraft

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He is a big time talent that was awfully dominant in youth compe ions like Rubio was few years before him. He might slide because of buyout issues but if it happens I suspect he would withdraw or not enter in this draft.

If he slides and stays in the draft, I would be all for Spurs doing a Splitter with him, that is to say, draft him and wait three years to sign him at a contract superior to the rookie scale.

Transition 3 Willbreaker Captivus's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

6´10 and can shoot, plays SF/PF.
    Shot looks very good in the video.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Projected in the mid-20s. Looks like he plays with an edge, and has an active motor. Could be a good back up to Leonard. My gut says the Bulls are gonna pick him though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 4m Croatian forward Dario Saric -- a projected first-round pick -- has entered the NBA Draft, league sources tell Y! Sports.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's sort of the anti Euro: He can do everything except shoot. Luckily, we have the coach for that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Croatia's Saric leads international crop of NBA draft prospects

While draft boards across the league will fluctuate wildly over the next few weeks, many agree on this: Saric is the most talented international import. An Eastern Conference executive described Saric as "skilled beyond his years"; a Western Conference talent evaluator said Saric is "the best passing big man in the draft"; and several personnel men cited his diverse offensive repertoire as proof that the 19-year-old Saric will be able to play right away.
    Perhaps more important, Saric has the drive to get better. "He's a workaholic," a scout said. "He lives in the gym. With his basketball IQ, you're talking about a kid with All-Star potential."

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nba...#ixzz2UuRDo9zt
    Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nba...#ixzz2UuQc8cIn

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fran Fraschilla @franfraschilla
    Dario Saric goes for 19 points and 10 rebounds as Cibona takes 2-0 lead over Zadar in Croatian Finals. Can't wait to watch game tonight.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Croatia's Saric leads international crop of NBA draft prospects

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nba...#ixzz2UuQc8cIn
    i see him projected for the spurs in my favorite mock. http://www.hoopsworld.com/nba-draft

really interesting to read about his "workaholic" mentality. i like that.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He is a big time talent that was awfully dominant in youth compe ions like Rubio was few years before him. He might slide because of buyout issues but if it happens I suspect he would withdraw or not enter in this draft.

If he slides and stays in the draft, I would be all for Spurs doing a Splitter with him, that is to say, draft him and wait three years to sign him at a contract superior to the rookie scale.
    Could you shed more light on his contract issues? Are you saying that whoever drafts him will have to wait some years for him to come over, or will he be able to play next season?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Could you shed more light on his contract issues? Are you saying that whoever drafts him will have to wait some years for him to come over, or will he be able to play next season?
    It's a really weird story. He should have signed with a team in Spain but his former team in Croatia asked for a buyout. The buyout amount got fixed at €550K by FIBA arbitration court. The team in Spain wasn't able/willing to pay that buyout. This buyout was finally paid by another team in Croatia and more specifically by a man owning a private security firm. Right now, numbers I've seen are a $1.2M NBA buyout and Saric will have to give back a part of his rookie salary to his current Croatian team.

If Saric is pick late in the first round, his rookie salary likely won't be enough to pay that buyout. My guess is that if he hasn't a promise with a top15 or top20 pick, his agent will pull his name out of the draft.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Has good rebound instincts, can handle the ball, but will have to work on his shot release; a bit too mechanical and slow.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's a really weird story. He should have signed with a team in Spain but his former team in Croatia asked for a buyout. The buyout amount got fixed at €550K by FIBA arbitration court. The team in Spain wasn't able/willing to pay that buyout. This buyout was finally paid by another team in Croatia and more specifically by a man owning a private security firm. Right now, numbers I've seen are a $1.2M NBA buyout and Saric will have to give back a part of his rookie salary to his current Croatian team.

If Saric is pick late in the first round, his rookie salary likely won't be enough to pay that buyout. My guess is that if he hasn't a promise with a top15 or top20 pick, his agent will pull his name out of the draft.
    Interesting and sketchy tbh. My understanding is the new CBA essentially eliminates the incentive to draft and stash 1st rounders since the NBA team would now carry a cap hold for the years the player isn't in the NBA. So essentially it sounds like if this guy does stay in AND he gets picked in the range you suggest, that there is essentially a chance he earns close to nothing next year. Risky. Unless he's going top 10, why not just stay in Europe?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Interesting and sketchy tbh. My understanding is the new CBA essentially eliminates the incentive to draft and stash 1st rounders since the NBA team would now carry a cap hold for the years the player isn't in the NBA. So essentially it sounds like if this guy does stay in AND he gets picked in the range you suggest, that there is essentially a chance he earns close to nothing next year. Risky. Unless he's going top 10, why not just stay in Europe?
    The new CBA makes it more interesting for teams to draft and stash first round pick. In the previous CBA, stashed first round picks counted against the cap during the summer. In the new CBA, they don't count against the cap the summer if they sign a do ent saying they won't sign with the NBA team this season. During the season, stashed players don't count against the cap/luxury tax both under the old and new CBA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sam Meyerkopf ‏@HoopLikeDrazen 3h Cibona wins Croatian League. Saric ends season on an average game today, had nice passing flashes & drives but struggled to finish at rim.

Sam Meyerkopf ‏@HoopLikeDrazen 3h
    Saric can't always totally get by folks off bounce & doesn't play above rim but so crafty in the lane and can shoot in a variety of ways.

Sam Meyerkopf ‏@HoopLikeDrazen 3h
    Saric Stats: 19 points and 12 rebounds (4/5 2FG, 2/4 3FG, 5/5 FT). His hustle for boards is exceptional.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If I understand everything correctly, teams can pay for any buyout they want, so long as they have the cap space or exceptions to cover the amount over $550k. So a team could make a promise to draft him and then pay the $1.2 Million and maybe some extra to alleviate some of Saric's financial burden. Even if the doesn't work out, it might be in Saric's best interest to get drafted as soon as possible and then wait three years to come over like Splitter did.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Questions if we could trade Bonner and switch our first and second round picks to Atlanta would you pick this guy at 17 or 18? I only ask that because Atlanta has two first round picks and they are in the rumor of trying to land both Howard and Chirs Paul so they can use Bonner for Amnesty.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Questions if we could trade Bonner and switch our first and second round picks to Atlanta would you pick this guy at 17 or 18?
    Whats the difference? Besides the salary.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I love this Kid in Draft Express video they ask who do you think is going to win the NBA le..He responds first Lakers, then the Heat but then says he likes the Spurs they are more European type of team they play like European team and he likes them to win it all.....SIGN HIM UP....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kurt Helin ‏@basketballtalk 30s
    Dario Saric ‘leaning toward’ withdrawing from 2013 NBA draft http://dlvr.it/3TYnwR

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    makes sense based on the info in this thread. i bet with that workaholic mentality, he'll be projected pretty high next year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    apparently is withdrawing per agent..
    http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2013/6/7...saric-withdraw

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chad Ford @chadfordinsider
    Dario Saric (ranked No. 11 on our Big Board) is officially withdrawing from the draft. Story coming soon …

Chad Ford @chadfordinsider
    Here's the story on Dario Saric's withdrawal from the 2013 NBA Draft: espn.go.com/nba/draft2013/…

Last edited by ace3g; 06-16-2013 at 07:42 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Top 5 pick next year?

Thread Information