Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Might as well draft Muscala.. he can start playing next to duncan next season..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know. If SAS target is a Center, I'd prefer Muscala over him. To me Nogueira is Hassan Whiteside v2.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs are desparate for a young, rebounding, rim-protecting big man. If they kid is available and fits the mold, I say gor for it.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://www.europeanprospects.com/adi...3-day-1-recap/

In the second game with Adidas Eurocamp teams involved, Lucas “Bebe” Nogueria did a really good job as a mobile and athletic big guy. The Brazilian player was very active and looked a lot more mature mentally than during the previous years. Just by reading the stat sheet, it did not look like a huge game by him but the overall impression was very good.
    The part about him being mature is encouraging.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    From DraftExpress.com:
    Brazilian center Lucas Nogueira had a solid showing, having improved significantly from when he was here two years ago and essentially quit the last day after deciding to pull out of the draft and mentally checking out. The 7-footer made a huge impact on game on both ends for stretches, but faded in and out of the game as he tends to do, disappearing at times as well. On the offensive end he was able to make the most of his opportunities, scoring 13 points (6/7 FG) in 20 minutes of action using his soft hands and length to crash the boards and convert the shots created for him around the rim. Though he is not the most explosive leaper, his sheer size and wingspan allows him to dunk the ball effortlessly and making some incredibly impressive plays around the rim. Similarly, he is able to make his presence felt defensively as a shot blocker, using his tremendous wingspan to challenge would-be scorers. He's not a great defensive rebounder, as he'd sooner contest a shot that turn and box out, and grabbed just 3 total rebounds in 20 minutes, but he was the best player at the camp at times on Day One and likely helped his draft stock quite a bit by just showing up and putting his terrific talent on display.

Last edited by biskvito; 06-10-2013 at 08:30 AM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can you say "FOOLS GOLD" I would be real scarred of drafting this kid he has bust written all over him. I don't like ok for the last four years I am lazy and then for two months I am a hard working potential NBA first round player. Not buying it..........

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can you say "FOOLS GOLD" I would be real scarred of drafting this kid he has bust written all over him. I don't like ok for the last four years I am lazy and then for two months I am a hard working potential NBA first round player. Not buying it..........
    28th picks have a high bust rate. You're generally reaching and projecting. There just are no sure bets there. If they're sure bets, they go much higher.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He won't last to 28, but that'd be a no-brainer if he did...good defensive instincts, length and upside both physically and skill-wise.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His post defense and rebounding seem weak, I'd rather go with Jaiteh as a project big even tho the Mahinmi comparison could scare the FO, looks like he has more upside.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    nbadraft.net have him at #11 after Eurocamp performance

Bebe is on the rise after an outstanding adidas Eurocamp in which he validated his surprising season showing maturity and focus. He dominated the compe ion showing great mobility, length and energy. Sixers GM Sam Hinkie was in attendance and it wouldn't be a surprise to see Bebe climb up to this spot considering the Sixers need for an athletic defender. Nogueira is extremely raw, but players with his size and agility are rare. He had a breakout performance at the Copa America U18 tournament in 2010 and some NBA scouts came away saying he had top 5 pick potential. He lost most of that hype with a dreadful showing at the 2011 adidas Eurocamp in Treviso, but has a huge bounce back season playing in Spain for Estudiantes. "Bebe" developed a reputation for being soft and lazy, but this season he showed dedication and maturity that had been lacking from his game. For him, it's just a matter of becoming more aggressive and maintaining his focus. Bebe has proven himself in the ACB, Europe's best national league and has become our top International prospect for this year's draft. NBA Comparison: Joakim Noah
    Last edited by biskvito; 06-10-2013 at 08:46 AM.

Transition 3 Willbreaker Captivus's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Its strange that he climb so high in that mock draft: http://www.nbadraft.net/2013mock_draft

I mean, they are assuming he will go before Gobert, who is down to 21...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Its strange that he climb so high in that mock draft: http://www.nbadraft.net/2013mock_draft

I mean, they are assuming he will go before Gobert, who is down to 21...
    No way Lucas is a lottery pick. He won't be taken before Gobert or Dieng. I don't doubt that he can be a 1st round pick, but 20+ at best.

Draftexpress has Lucas going 27th, Gobert 16th and Dieng 24th. That makes more sense.

Transition 3 Willbreaker Captivus's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No way Lucas is a lottery pick. He won't be taken before Gobert or Dieng. I don't doubt that he can be a 1st round pick, but 20+ at best.

Draftexpress has Lucas going 27th, Gobert 16th and Dieng 24th. That makes more sense.
    DX seems to be te more realistic.
    They even have Schroeder at 15, while Hoopsworld has him at 21, that also doesnt make sense to me.

My fear as the many teams reach for this big guys, Nogueira, Gobert, Withey, Giannis, Dieng, even Jaiteh.
    They all agree that Muscala will be available...

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    “I think basketball is a game of trust, not only between the coach and myself but the team and myself,” Nogueira explained. “If I land on a team that has confidence in me, I think it would be a good first step in order to have a great career.”
    http://www.hoopsworld.com/lucas-nogu...t-marcus-camby

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rumored he will be picked up by us tonight.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hawks first-round draft pick Lucas Nogueira has been diagnosed with severe tendonitis in his knees, his agent Aylton Tesch told the Atlanta Journal-Cons ution.

Nogueira has been prescribed two months of rest. He will remain in Los Angeles to undergo rehabilitation and physical therapy before returning to Spain to continue playing this season. The center suspended his contract with his Spanish League team this month in order to seek treatment on his ailing knees.

Nogueira will not seek medical opinions from Hawks team doctors, his agent said.

http://www.ajc.com/news/sports/nogue...donitis/ncQyJ/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    spurs draft and stash written all over him. i'm glad ferry/bud cherry picked.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hawks first-round draft pick Lucas Nogueira has been diagnosed with severe tendonitis in his knees, his agent Aylton Tesch told the Atlanta Journal-Cons ution.

Nogueira has been prescribed two months of rest. He will remain in Los Angeles to undergo rehabilitation and physical therapy before returning to Spain to continue playing this season. The center suspended his contract with his Spanish League team this month in order to seek treatment on his ailing knees.

Nogueira will not seek medical opinions from Hawks team doctors, his agent said.

http://www.ajc.com/news/sports/nogue...donitis/ncQyJ/
    But Pop is just babying Kawhi.

Thread Information