Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mid second round pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He is what the Spurs dont have. Got Spur on him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i like his teammate Yeguete.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looks like Ibaka

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i was checking out this guys draftexpress video. and it's pretty impressive. he seemed a lot like blair, but he's not as short. and i still think his teammate, Yeguete, would also make a good spur.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In Chad Ford's latest mock today, he has the Spurs taking Young at #30, with the following comment:

The Spurs love players who are "over themselves." That's a perfect description for Young. He does all the little things, rebounds, defends and uses his toughness to get buckets. He won't do anything spectacular, but is NBA ready right now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like Young a lot particularly because of his high-baskeball IQ defensively and with Pop, you earn your minutes on the floor if you can provide energy, defensive pressure, and hustle plays. What concerns me the most is his defensive rebounding. The Spurs are not an offensive rebounding team and yet this is where his strength lies. His hands cant' get bigger but I like his motor and I think even with his limited offensive game and poor shooting stroke the Spurs might take a chance on him. I think he has a great character and "team" mentality so I can say he has the makeup of a Spur but if Chip stays, he can improve anyone's shooting stroke and free throw technique so I am not too concerned he can't hit jumpers now because the kid is still very young. A couple of years in this system and he may be better than Ibaka.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Baynes is gone then this might make sense. Don't see the Spurs giving a guaranteed contract to another center though when we already have three on the roster with Tim , Tiago and Aron though. Even Jeff is petty much a C.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I do think this kid could be solid though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Baynes is gone then this might make sense. Don't see the Spurs giving a guaranteed contract to another center though when we already have three on the roster with Tim , Tiago and Aron though. Even Jeff is petty much a C.

I would love this kid as an option if the Spurs could figure out how to dump Ayres or if Baynes leaves in free agency. Regardless, the Spurs should definitely try to bring him in for their Summer League team and possibly a training camp invite. He has the physical profile and defensive chops to be a NBA caliber player, but his age ("limited upside") and porous offensive game probably hurt him.

Thread Information