Weight: 231 lbs
    Birthday: 11/27/1994
    Team: Boulogne (France)

DraftExpress
    NBADraft

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    31 points and 17 rebounds in 35 minutes today.
    http://www.lnb.fr/fr/Pro-B/300009/Re...ulogne-sur-Mer

French second league level is relatively low but doing that at 18 years old while playing his 5th year of basketball is crazy.

I'm more and more convinced that Jaiteh is the real deal and I would, for example, pick him over Gobert.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    31 points and 17 rebounds in 35 minutes today.
    http://www.lnb.fr/fr/Pro-B/300009/Re...ulogne-sur-Mer

French second league level is relatively low but doing that at 18 years old while playing his 5th year of basketball is crazy.

I'm more and more convinced that Jaiteh is the real deal and I would, for example, pick him over Gobert.
    Wow, that's pretty high praise. He's definitely under the radar though. If he's that good, let's keep it low key so that nobody steals him... lol. Thanks Bruno.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He has the physical profile - but so did Mahinmi. The question is does he have the heart and the head?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He has the physical profile - but so did Mahinmi. The question is does he have the heart and the head?
    This.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DX's mock currently has us picking him at 29.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The question is his fouling tendencies.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DX's mock currently has us picking him at 29.
    Team needs are not considered in those mock drafts yet, but still, to go from nowhere on the list to being in the top 30 is amazing. The cat is out of the bag.... so much for secrecy nowadays... I like what Bruno had to say about him. Keep your fingers crossed....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Team needs are not considered in those mock drafts yet, but still, to go from nowhere on the list to being in the top 30 is amazing. The cat is out of the bag.... so much for secrecy nowadays... I like what Bruno had to say about him. Keep your fingers crossed....
    Willie Cauley, Nerlens Noel's fellow UK freshman and backup/replacement is also now showing up on draft boards as a first rounder. Having players show up like this out of the blue is good, because it pushes a better player down to us then would have otherwise been available.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oooh. Downside in video listed as "questionable motor". That's definitely Mahinmi-like, and not good.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs won't waste a pick based on size alone. They'd rather take a 6'9" center than a 7 footer if he has better intangibles.

Less is More
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A reason the Spurs have failed in the past few years is because of the talent deficient roleplayers
    sure its a good story when guys like Blair/Bonner can have a career or a Danny Green/RMJ become productive players after a journeyman career
    but our roleplayers are always disappearing in the playoffs when they go against other teams talented lottery pick roleplayers
    their flaws get exposed and the other teams guys just outplay them
    SA needs to take a chance on a guy with high upside for once instead of playing it safe all the time

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just saw him on TV playing a game and he dominated (21 points, 12 rebounds in 30 minutes) but he faced midgets.

The end of the game what a big WTF. A player was having the ball near the sideline, while the game was tied with a couple of seconds left, and a coach stretched his arm to touch the ball. He got a well deserved technical for it and his team lost.

Edit: pic of the play: https://twitter.com/mephisto1954/sta...819328/photo/1
    Last edited by Bruno; 03-15-2013 at 07:09 PM.

Paranoid
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He had 20+ scouts come watch him several times and is invited to the Nike Hoop Summit, there's zero chance we get him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He had 20+ scouts come watch him several times and is invited to the Nike Hoop Summit, there's zero chance we get him.
    It seems like there are 40 players we'll never get, yet we pick at #29, or better if we trade up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The key will be what he will do at the hoops summit. If he does well in practices and at the game, he might end up in the lottery. If he does poorly, he won't enter or stay in this draft. Jaiteh was interviewed by TP on his radio show and he said that he was fine with waiting one more year before entering in the draft.

Spurs best odd at getting him would be that he sucks at the hoops summit and then guaranteeing him their first round pick. He would spend his 2013-2014 season either with the Toros or in France if he is fine with being stashed for a year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The key will be what he will do at the hoops summit. If he does well in practices and at the game, he might end up in the lottery. If he does poorly, he won't enter or stay in this draft. Jaiteh was interviewed by TP on his radio show and he said that he was fine with waiting one more year before entering in the draft.

Spurs best odd at getting him would be that he sucks at the hoops summit and then guaranteeing him their first round pick. He would spend his 2013-2014 season either with the Toros or in France if he is fine with being stashed for a year.
    Or, he could fake an injury and not show up at all. See: Mahinmi, Ian.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

A less honest FO would guarantee a second round pick with an as good as or better than lottery pick salary if he stayed home for the Nike Hoop Summit... and fake an injury.... just sayin....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A less honest FO would guarantee a second round pick with an as good as or better than lottery pick salary if he stayed home for the Nike Hoop Summit... and fake an injury.... just sayin....
    Very few players would take that offer. It's equivalent, but almost no player dreams of being a second round draft pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unless the team doing that at the first pick of the second round, it's too risky for Jaiteh because another team could grab him with an earlier second round pick.

Unlike what you said earlier in this thread, Jaiteh isn't a prospect that pop out of nowhere. He made the youth FNT and he played at the INSEP that is a special high school made for the best young french players. Parker, Diaw or Batum went at that school. The reason why you suddenly heard about him is just because he is young and it's the first year he is eligible to enter in the draft but he has been on NBA teams radars for years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I love the basketball education you can get on ST. Awesome info, I didn't know about INSEP. Bruno, you should have your own blog, given all the info you could share... You'd be famous... like Sham... that's famous in a basketball geek kind a way.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you're interested in all these Euro young players, there is still a great blog about it:
    http://www.europeanprospects.com/
    The blogger knows way more than me about these players and goes to the youth tournaments to see them play. For example, he has some scouting reports on the 1995 born Damien Inglis, who has a good chance of being the next big french prospect.

Aside of that, draftexpress.com and to a lesser extent nbadraft.net have some articles or rankings of international players.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just saw him on TV playing a game and he dominated (21 points, 12 rebounds in 30 minutes) but he faced midgets.

The end of the game what a big WTF. A player was having the ball near the sideline, while the game was tied with a couple of seconds left, and a coach stretched his arm to touch the ball. He got a well deserved technical for it and his team lost.

Edit: pic of the play: https://twitter.com/mephisto1954/sta...819328/photo/1

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Those weaknesses in that video are pretty glaring actually. Can he even jump? The rebounding instincts look good though. Reminds me of Blair at Pitt.

Thread Information