Page 25 of 53 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast
    Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My state says o.
    There are no strict gun states in the country, go live outside the USA if you want to see strict.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    There are no strict gun states in the country, go live outside the USA if you want to see strict.
    Mexico says o.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mexico gets all the guns they need from us.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    According to the U.N., the U.S. had 3.0 firearm homicides per 100,000 in population in 2009. But there were 14 other nations that had higher rates in 2009, primarily in Latin America and the Caribbean: Honduras (57.6), Jamaica (47.2), St. Kitts and Nevis (44.4), Venezuela (39.0), Guatemala (38.5), Colombia (28.1), Trinidad & Tobago (27.3), Panama (19.3), Dominican Republic (16.9), Bahamas (15.4), Belize (15.4), Mexico (7.9), Paraguay (7.3) and Nicaragua (5.9). Three other nations had higher rates in 2008: El Salvador (39.9), Brazil (18.1) and Ecuador (12.7).

So the U.S. doesn’t rank no. 1 when firearm homicides are adjusted for population.

Where the U.S. does rank high in firearm violence

The main area where the U.S. exceeds the firearm violence of other nations is in comparison to other affluent nations. Using the U.N. data, European nations -- even former eastern bloc countries -- typically have rates well below 1 per 100,000, or far less than one-third the frequency seen in the U.S. The pattern is similar in other advanced industrialized nations, such as Canada, Taiwan, Japan, Australia and New Zealand.

One study published in 2011 confirms this finding. The study, published in the Journal of Trauma -- Injury Infection & Critical Care, found that firearm homicide rates were 19.5 times higher in the U.S. than in 23 other "high income" countries studied, using 2003 data. Rates for other types of gun deaths were also higher in the U.S., but by somewhat smaller margins: 5.8 times higher for firearm suicides (even though overall suicide rates were 30 percent lower in the U.S.) and 5.2 times higher for unintentional firearm deaths.
    http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...iolence-is-it/

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    duh

New Research Details Strong Relationship Between White Racism and Gun Ownership

After adjusting for all explanatory variables in the model, symbolic racism was significantly related to having a gun in the home. Specifically, for each 1 point increase in symbolic racism, there was a 50% greater odds of having a gun in the home (see Table 1), and there was a 28% increase in the odds of supporting permits to carry concealed handguns...Opposition to gun control in US whites is somewhat paradoxical given the statistics on gun-related deaths, and such opposition may be undermining the public health of all US citizens. DUH!

This study examined for the first time whether racism is related to gun ownership and the opposition to gun control in US whites. The results support the hypothesis by showing that greater symbolic racism is related to increased odds of having a gun in the home and greater opposition to gun control, after accounting for all other explanatory variables.

It is particularly noteworthy that the relationship between symbolic racism and the gun-related outcomes was maintained in the presence of conservative ideologies, political affiliation, opposition to government control, and being from a southern state, which are otherwise strong predictors of gun ownership and opposition to gun reform.

http://www.alternet.org/civil-libert...age=1#bookmark

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    duh

New Research Details Strong Relationship Between White Racism and Gun Ownership

After adjusting for all explanatory variables in the model, symbolic racism was significantly related to having a gun in the home. Specifically, for each 1 point increase in symbolic racism, there was a 50% greater odds of having a gun in the home (see Table 1), and there was a 28% increase in the odds of supporting permits to carry concealed handguns...Opposition to gun control in US whites is somewhat paradoxical given the statistics on gun-related deaths, and such opposition may be undermining the public health of all US citizens. DUH!

This study examined for the first time whether racism is related to gun ownership and the opposition to gun control in US whites. The results support the hypothesis by showing that greater symbolic racism is related to increased odds of having a gun in the home and greater opposition to gun control, after accounting for all other explanatory variables.

It is particularly noteworthy that the relationship between symbolic racism and the gun-related outcomes was maintained in the presence of conservative ideologies, political affiliation, opposition to government control, and being from a southern state, which are otherwise strong predictors of gun ownership and opposition to gun reform.

http://www.alternet.org/civil-libert...age=1#bookmark

When alternet does a study on Black gun violence and what it is tied to please keep us updated.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When alternet does a study on Black gun violence and what it is tied to please keep us updated.
    Alternet didn't do the study.

When you gun fellators shilling for the gun industry to flood the USA with unregulated gun sales, which includes sales to criminals OF ALL COLORS, ex-felons, drunks, spouse beaters, less white rural pissed off bubbas, etc, etc, please keep us updated.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    Got any number estimates on unregulated gun sales?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    goddam, you gun fellators are bunch of less chicken bullies with manhood problems

Texas Moms Gun Control Meeting Disrupted By Armed Protesters

A small meeting for a gun control group in Texas was disrupted on Saturday by dozens of armed, pro-gun advocates, some of whom were photographed kneeling in a parking lot and brandishing their weapons.

According to a statement from the gun control group Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America, four of its members were meeting inside the Blue Mesa Grill in Dallas when the confrontation took place.

A small meeting for a gun control group in Texas was disrupted on Saturday by dozens of armed, pro-gun advocates, some of whom were photographed kneeling in a parking lot and brandishing their weapons.

According to a statement from the gun control group Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America, four of its members were meeting inside the Blue Mesa Grill in Dallas when the confrontation took place.

"Our mom members and restaurant customers were terrified by what appeared to be an armed ambush," the group said in a statement. "Sadly, these bullies are attempting to use guns to intimidate moms and children and to infringe on our cons utional right to free speech. But Moms Demand Action will not be deterred. The desperate actions of this vocal minority only fuels our determination to fight for gun reform in Texas and across the country. Change will come."

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewir...otestors-photo

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    goddam, you gun fellators are bunch of less chicken bullies with manhood problems

Texas Moms Gun Control Meeting Disrupted By Armed Protesters

"Our mom members and restaurant customers were terrified by what appeared to be an armed ambush," the group said in a statement. "Sadly, these bullies are attempting to use guns to intimidate moms and children and to infringe on our cons utional right to free speech. But Moms Demand Action will not be deterred. The desperate actions of this vocal minority only fuels our determination to fight for gun reform in Texas and across the country. Change will come."

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewir...otestors-photo
    These guys are protected under the Cons ution as well. Having said that, it's dip s like this that give gun owners a bad image. Yes, some states allow open carry and they are well within their rights to do so, but walking around with rifles to get attention is absolutely idiotic and detrimental to their cause. Not going to be long before one of these idiots gets shot by someone carrying concealed that views them as a threat. I love guns, but that doesn't mean I want to see a guy with a rifle slung over his back while I'm ordering a coffee.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    I still don't agree with those guys carrying rifles in public like that but I just saw the same picture from the front angle and they are simply posing for a group shot.

Another thing I find funny about this is that the group of mothers said they were bullied, yet they never called the police.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I still don't agree with those guys carrying rifles in public like that but I just saw the same picture from the front angle and they are simply posing for a group shot.

Another thing I find funny about this is that the group of mothers said they were bullied, yet they never called the police.
    Maybe they understood that gun fellatin assholes in TX can walk around armed to the teeth legally.

Would have been hilarious if a mother pulled out her own high-cap-clip automatic assault rifle and mowed the gun fellators down because she felt threatened.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe they understood that gun fellatin assholes in TX can walk around armed to the teeth legally.

Would have been hilarious if a mother pulled out her own high-cap-clip automatic assault rifle and mowed the gun fellators down because she felt threatened.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lt. Gov. David Dewhurst on Tuesday called for a congressional investigation into whether the National Security Agency's domestic spying program has ever targeted gun owners, kept a list of firearms purchases or tracked gunshow visits.

http://www.texastribune.org/2013/11/...0Subscriptions

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    On December 9, a law banning firearms that can go unnoticed by a metal detector is set to expire. Since 1988, the Undetectable Firearms Act has banned undetectable guns, which can be made from plastic through 3D printers.

Sen. Charles Schumer (D-NY) and Sen. Bill Nelson (D-FL) have introduced legislation that expands the undetectable firearms law to ban 3D-printed guns, require guns to be recognizable as guns, and to contain significant metal. “The expiration of this law, combined with advances in 3D printing, make what was once a hypothetical threat into a terrifying reality,” Schumer said, according to the Associated Press. Rep. Steve Israel (D-NY) introduced his own version in the House to renew the law. Still, the urgency of the issue does not mean Congress will take up the bills in its remaining days.

Even the soon-to-expire law contains a major loophole that permits plastic guns as long as they have a small metal piece that could be easily removed. One widespread model, the Liberator, uses a nail so small that it would not be picked up by metal detectors. The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives recently tested the model, only to find that “the .380 bullets fired from the Liberator penetrate sufficiently to reach vital organs and perforate the skull.”

http://www.care2.com/causes/the-only...#ixzz2kurP6hvp

tea baggers and Repugs will block any legislation that extends/expands a ban on non-metal/non-detectable guns. Freedom! Home Defense! Water the Tree! Marans! 2nd Amendment! Liberty!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Texas Gun Club grand opening goes wrong when employee shoots own hand

The grand opening week of the Frisco Gun Club of Frisco, Texas was marred by an accident at the shooting range when an employee shot his own hand while trying to clear a jammed Ruger 9-millimeter handgun.

According to Claire St. Amant of CultureMap Dallas, the shooting club opened on December 13 with a ceremonial ribbon cutting. Within 24 hours, an ambulance was called to the scene to aid the injured employee.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/12/1...oots-own-hand/

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    gun fellators Dixie-Chick-ing Toby
    Gun rights advocates freak out over ‘No Guns’ sign at singer Toby Keith’s restaurant

denounce Keith as a “gun hating liberal,” a “fake,” and a “Republican In Name Only” or “RINO.”

“So if ‘no guns are allowed’ I guess that means that police officers that are ‘on duty’ aren’t allowed in for lunch or dinner??” asked Facebook user Connie Hollar Wright on the restaurant’s Facebook page. “Who are you guys callin [sic] when you need help???? Good luck with that!”

“Toby is a gun hating liberal. What a fake,” wrote another.

“Won’t go into a Killing zone,” said another commenter with a “Duck Dynasty” avatar, “which is what gun free zones are.”

A post at right-wing website Breitbart.com protested that, “(o)ne of Toby Keith’s biggest country video hits is ‘Bullets in the Gun.’ It romanticizes carrying a gun.”

He supported President George W. Bush when rival act the Dixie Chicks criticized Bush at the outset of the War in Iraq.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/12/2...hs-restaurant/

gun fellators are tetchy bunch, tetched in the haid.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Don't think they just went to their cars and got their guns for the photo and then went back to their cars and dropped off the guns.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    futk

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    When will you guys look at the facts. It isn't gun control, it's the culture of race.

I put a trend line in the excel graph. it has a very minor reducing effect as the Brady score increases.

Anyone ever consider race? race itself is not the cause in my opinion, but culture based on race is. We have a significant number of Hispanics and Blacks with a different value of human life than most whites. Here is a graph plotted after sorting the states by percentage of Blacks plus Hispanics:

When will you liberal lemmings stop eating the donkey from the left, and come to terms with reality?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    300M+ guns already in USA, very transportable, anybody who really wants one, can get one. city/state gun regs NOW aren't very effective, we need extremely strict, retro-active FEDERAL guns laws.

when will WC get something beside donkey between his ears?

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    300M+ guns already in USA, very transportable, anybody who really wants one, can get one. city/state gun regs NOW aren't very effective, we need extremely strict, retro-active FEDERAL guns laws.

when will WC get something beside donkey between his ears?
    LOL...

Maybe you should address the facts.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My facts destroyed your bull .
    Last edited by boutons_deux; 12-29-2013 at 08:59 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NRA News Fights For The Right To Leave Unsecured Guns Around Children

NRA News host Cam Edwards attacked laws to prevent children from accessing guns by positing that there should be no criminal penalty even when an admittedly careless adult allows a child access to a gun that the child then uses to kill themselves.

On the January 6 edition of NRA News program Cam & Company, Edwards attacked Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America founder Shannon Watts for advocating for state laws that create a criminal penalty for adults that negligently allow children access to firearms. In an interview with USA Today, Watts cited the fact that only 15 states have child access prevention laws and contended, "This idea that a shooting that involves a toddler is accidental is asinine. If I was drinking and driving and hit my son, I would immediately go to jail. But if I left my firearm on the top of the refrigerator and he found it and shot himself, everyone says, what a horrible accident."

Edwards responded to Watts' USA Today interview by suggesting that if "you are careless with a firearm and one of your own children accidentally kills themself" that the "horror" of the incident alone would be sufficient punishment for the adult. But in arguing against laws that criminalize negligently allowing children to access guns, Edwards ignores that research has shown that these laws are associated with a reduction in gun deaths among children resulting from accidents and suicide.

Mocking Watts' comparison between a child access prevention law and a law that criminalizes killing someone while drunk driving, Edwards said, "We don't have a negligent storage law for alcohol," and, "We don't have a negligent storage law for automobiles, and so I'm not quite sure what she is talking about." But state criminal laws governing the storage of dangerous items are hardly uncommon. For example, Michigan has a number of criminal laws concerning the improper storage of hazardous materials with increased penalties for conduct that endangers the public.

Edwards also attempted to distract from an epidemic of fatal gun accidents involving young children by highlighting unintentional deaths caused in children by suffocation and other methods. Even so, according to the Centers for Disease Control unintentional shootings remain a top ten cause of accidental death for children ages 1-4 and 10-14. (Firearm homicides are the top violence-related cause of death for children 5-9 and a top five violence-related cause of death for children of all ages.)

http://mediamatters.org/blog/2014/01...nsecure/197479

The NRA s and other gun fellators will say anything for gun industry money.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As an aside does anyone trust a WC created graph?

Thread Information