Page 32 of 53 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334353642 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shocking, black youth kill each other a lot.
    and the killing is wonderfully facilitated by you bloody-handed gun fellators, NRA, gun industry FLOODING the USA with 300M, easy-to-get guns, corrupt dealers, etc, etc. Killing with a gun is so much easier than killing by other means.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    Why are black youth so much more violent?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why are black youth so much more violent?
    racism? poverty? no future? ty urban culture, examples?

that's not the problem we're discussing. It's the maiming and killing of 1000s of kids, and others, for gun industry profits.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    racism? poverty? no future? ty urban culture, examples?

that's not the problem we're discussing. It's the maiming and killing of 1000s of kids, and others, for gun industry profits.
    That is the problem though.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That is the problem though.
    bull , the PROBLEM is how so many blacks (and anybody else) get EASY ACCESS to so many guns, of all types.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    bull , the PROBLEM is how so many blacks (and anybody else) get EASY ACCESS to so many guns, of all types.
    Everyone else doesn't seem to have the same problem as the black youth.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    boutons when will you stop blaming the tool and look to what is causing the violence?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    dude, stop evading the core problem of too easy access, no effective regulation of guns

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    dude, murders are the lowest they've been in decades. Access to guns is not the problem.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In my business I ride around with guys that carry ARs in their backseats. I'm surrounded by guns most days. We have no worries about getting shot. If gun proliferation was the problem I'd have been killed a hundred times over by now. Guns aren't dangerous at all if you 1.) have very basic safety knowledge and 2.) don't want to shoot a person.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    dude, murders are the lowest they've been in decades. Access to guns is not the problem.
    bull , but that's how you roll

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In my business I ride around with guys that carry ARs in their backseats. I'm surrounded by guns most days. We have no worries about getting shot. If gun proliferation was the problem I'd have been killed a hundred times over by now. Guns aren't dangerous at all if you 1.) have very basic safety knowledge and 2.) don't want to shoot a person.
    American Heritage

Oh we have known your a militia nut for quite some time.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    bull , but that's how you roll
    http://www.disastercenter.com/crime/uscrime.htm

Lowest it's been since 1969 with the addition of 100,000,000 people. off.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://www.disastercenter.com/crime/uscrime.htm

Lowest it's been since 1969 with the addition of 100,000,000 people. off.
    still way too high, all due to 300m+ guns, with Ms floating around unsecured, picked up by kids, criminals, used in very successful suicides, etc, etc.

People kill with guns because guns are easy to get and very effective.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    still way too high, all due to 300m+ guns, with Ms floating around unsecured, picked up by kids, criminals, used in very successful suicides, etc, etc.

People kill with guns because guns are easy to get and very effective.
    With all of the 300m+ guns in circulation please explain the declining murder rate.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    American Heritage

Oh we have known your a militia nut for quite some time.
    LOL man you really didn't like that one link. It's hard to find a mainstream link that breaks down Hispanic vs non Hispanic white crime rates. Let me know if anyone does. The local law enforcement doesn't like us knowing that because it keeps them from spinning the rates to keep them from looking discriminatory. I could mention how I know that but my local militia general wouldn't like it.

The guns are mainly for wild boars, which can get to beast size, as everybody from the TX country knows. You'd have to be crazy to go walking a huge pasture without a gun. LOL militia nut. The scary part is that the typical Leftist believes this.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL man you really didn't like that one link. It's hard to find a mainstream link that breaks down Hispanic vs non Hispanic white crime rates. Let me know if anyone does. The local law enforcement doesn't like us knowing that because it keeps them from spinning the rates to keep them from looking discriminatory. I could mention how I know that but my local militia general wouldn't like it.

The guns are mainly for wild boars, which can get to beast size, as everybody from the TX country knows. You'd have to be crazy to go walking a huge pasture without a gun. LOL militia nut. The scary part is that the typical Leftist believes this.
    And you finished with the real scotsman argument! bravo!! I also like how you define all local police forces into one lump and then attribute behavior for the whole. you are just full of fallacy(re:fail).

I am going to continue to mock you for using a militia site as a source. It's not that I didn't like it. OTOH, it certainly defines you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wondered how you had heard of that site to get so mad. You knew immediately. IIRC I just looked it up looking for another and said "here's this".

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wondered how you had heard of that site to get so mad. You knew immediately. IIRC I just looked it up looking for another and said "here's this".
    At first I thought it was a KKK site. They use the heritage byline quite a bit. The two groups are akin to one another. I just read the 'about us' portion though. It's the first thing I do everytime I find a source linked I know nothing about. You too can figure things out 'immediately.'

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I remember that I did look up what I thought was a good study months before the thread. Then I could couldn't find it and posted the best I could find. It really is a hard thing to break down.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In 2013, the US lost 30 people a day to gun violence.

215 children died in the 99 days the Senate was in session last year.

. Over 12,000 people, adults and children, died from gun violence in 2013 – about 30 a day.

Many assume that focusing on preventing gun suicides falls under laws keeping guns out of the hands of the mentally ill, but most people who commit suicide do not meet even the lowest bar for gun ownership prohibition set by federal or state laws: previous do entation of violence to self or others.

Two-thirds of suicides
    do not have a contact with a mental health profession in the year leading up to the attempt. Another set of studies found that only 24% of those that attempt suicide go on to another attempt. Suicide ideations are also fleeting; 25% of suicide attempts are based on less than five minutes consideration. What's more, those who commit suicide by firearm are the least likely of all attempts to have a record of mental illness – the most likely, it follows, to attempt suicide because of temporary crisis and moment of desperation. But 85% of those who attempt suicide by firearm will never see the other side of that crisis.. Firearm suicide beats the next most effective means (hanging) by a margin of 16%.

http://www.theguardian.com/commentis...n-control-push

so you gun fellators, gun industry, and NRA/GOA have created a horrible PUBLIC HEALTH DISASTER with your (profits, and bogus, paranoid, ignorant interpretation of the 2nd Amendment) obsession with guns.

Last edited by boutons_deux; 02-02-2014 at 05:00 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    IIRC there are around 15,000 murders in Sao Paulo alone every year.

Just out of curiosity, what is the boutons 2.0 personal gun ownership policy for society? Hunting rifles/shotguns, simple handguns, none?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of..._homicide_rate

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just out of curiosity, what is the boutons 2.0 personal gun ownership policy for society?
    I'm against the effectively deregulated gun sales and ownership and the lackadaisical, "guns are fun, everybody should own one" culture.

guns should be heavily regulated, taxed, serial-numbered, nationally database, one-month waiting period for b/g check, with le registration fees, annual le renewal registration fee, the mandatory insurance per gun per owner, heavy fines for losing your gun, jail for losing your gun with which a gun crime was committed, fines and jail for allowing access to your gun eg by kids who shoot themselves and/or others, etc, etc, etc. guns are serious public health hazard.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    In 2013, the US lost 30 people a day to gun violence.

215 children died in the 99 days the Senate was in session last year.

. Over 12,000 people, adults and children, died from gun violence in 2013 – about 30 a day.

Many assume that focusing on preventing gun suicides falls under laws keeping guns out of the hands of the mentally ill, but most people who commit suicide do not meet even the lowest bar for gun ownership prohibition set by federal or state laws: previous do entation of violence to self or others.

Two-thirds of suicides
    do not have a contact with a mental health profession in the year leading up to the attempt. Another set of studies found that only 24% of those that attempt suicide go on to another attempt. Suicide ideations are also fleeting; 25% of suicide attempts are based on less than five minutes consideration. What's more, those who commit suicide by firearm are the least likely of all attempts to have a record of mental illness – the most likely, it follows, to attempt suicide because of temporary crisis and moment of desperation. But 85% of those who attempt suicide by firearm will never see the other side of that crisis.. Firearm suicide beats the next most effective means (hanging) by a margin of 16%.

http://www.theguardian.com/commentis...n-control-push

so you gun fellators, gun industry, and NRA/GOA have created a horrible PUBLIC HEALTH DISASTER with your (profits, and bogus, paranoid, ignorant interpretation of the 2nd Amendment) obsession with guns.

The gun industry did not create depression and mental illness, GFY.

Not that I really care about those who take the pussy way out and kill themselves, but if you want to discuss it let's at least get the facts straight.

http://www.suicide.org/suicide-causes.html

Suicide Causes

by Kevin Caruso

Over 90 percent of people who die by suicide have a mental illness at the time of their death.

And the most common mental illness is depression.

Untreated depression is the number one cause for suicide.

Untreated mental illness (including depression, bipolar disorder, schizophrenia, and others) is the cause for the vast majority of suicides.

Also, some people are genetically predisposed to depression, and thus they may not appear to be undergoing any negative life experiences, yet still become depressed, and may die by suicide.

So, some people die by suicide because of a depression that was caused by genetics. You probably have heard about some indivuduals who died by suicide and did not exhibit any symptoms or appear to have any serious problems. In these cases, it is possible that the person had depression that occured because of this genetic factor.

It is very rare that someone dies by suicide because of one cause. Thus, there are usually several causes, and not just one, for suicide.

Many people die by suicide because depression is triggered by several negative life experiences, and the person does not receive treatment – or does not receive effective treatment – for the depression. (Some people need to go through several treatments until they find one that works for them.)

Thread Information