San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Then what the are you spittleing about?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Then what the are you spittleing about?
    you get nothing, I'm not spittleing. I'm dissenting, pushing back, which is what you redneck gun fellatin wannbe macho men bullies hate.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you get nothing, I'm not spittleing. I'm dissenting, pushing back, which is what you redneck gun fellatin wannbe macho men bullies hate.
    Actually I have nothing but contempt for you Boo. You still haven't told us what you want in the way of gun laws.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Actually I have nothing but contempt for you Boo. You still haven't told us what you want in the way of gun laws.
    You Lie

I can't find it now but I gave a long, multi-point message of how I see serious, public-health-promoting/gun-violence-reduction gun regulation, w/o banning and without NRA/GOA FUD 100% confiscation.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You Lie

I can't find it now but I gave a long, multi-point message of how I see serious, public-health-promoting/gun-violence-reduction gun regulation, w/o banning and without NRA/GOA FUD 100% confiscation.
    Sheeeeeut

Now you are gonna have to go find that cut and paste again.

Damn.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sheeeeeut

Now you are gonna have to go find that cut and paste again.

Damn.
    I looked, coudn't find it, but IIRC, even TSA agreed with nearly all the points, a blind squirrel event.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    I looked, coudn't find it, but IIRC, even TSA agreed with nearly all the points, a blind squirrel event.
    Yeah I recall it was pretty reasonable.

A lot better than Bloomberg's latest

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/feb/8/sughed-michael-bloomberg-suggests-disarming-minori/

Former New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg reportedly argued Friday that guns need to be kept out of the hands of minorities in order to keep them alive.

While speaking at the Aspen Ins ute, Mr. Bloomberg, 72, said 95 percent of murders fall into a specific category: a male minority between the ages of 15 and 25, The Aspen Times reported.
    Cities need to get guns out of this group’s hands and keep them alive, the former three-term mayor said, according to The Times.
    “These kids think they’re going to get killed anyway because all their friends are getting killed,” Mr. Bloomberg said, The Times reported. “They just don’t have any long-term focus or anything. It’s a joke to have a gun. It’s a joke to pull a trigger.”
    Mr. Bloomberg brought up the New York Police Department’s stop-and-frisk practices, recalling a time during his last year in office when a Baptist minster in Harlem invited him to speak at their church, The Times reported.

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...#ixzz3RI9UsIHB
    Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wisconsin gun activist whines: It’s so unfair you have to unload your weapon on school grounds

Clarke said that he believes that gun-free school zone laws infringe upon his rights as a gun owner because it imposes an unreasonable burden for him to have to constantly unload and then reload his weapon.

“We actually have lawmakers in Wisconsin who are looking at the question of whether or not it makes any sense to enforce prohibitions against lawful people who carry in Wisconsin under gun-free school zones,” McKenna said. “Nik Clarke, I know you’re working on that.”

Clarke explained that while Wisconsin’s concealed carry laws allow people to have their weapons in school zones, they are not allowed to bring them on school grounds, which he believes is unreasonable.
    “What you have then is a situation where if a person goes on to school grounds,” Clarke said, “in your vehicle, you have to have it unloaded and in a case or you’re still committing a felony.”

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2015/02/w...e+Raw+Story%29

you gun fellators show once again you're bunch of sickos

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Michigan Republican official fatally shoots self in eye while adjusting gun in her bra holster

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2015/02/m...e+Raw+Story%29

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    4-year-old Wasilla boy shot in the leg when mother’s .357 magnum falls out of her holster

A 4-year-old Wasilla, Alaska boy is in the hospital after being shot in the leg by his mother’s high-powered handgun after it fell out of her holster, reports KTVA.

According to a report filed by Alaska State Troopers, the unidentified woman and her family were exiting their truck when the handgun — a .357 magnum — slipped out of her holster, striking the ground, and firing a shot that struck the boy.

The troopers, responding to a report of a child with a gunshot wound, arrived to find paramedics already at the scene.

According to the trooper’s report, the bullet struck the 4-year-old “then exited his leg” before lodging in the trim of a nearby building.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2015/02/4-year-old-wasilla-boy-shot-in-the-leg-when-mothers-357-magnum-falls-out-of-her-holster/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaig n=Feed%3A+TheRawStory+%28The+Raw+Story%29

She shot her son, and probably has never and will never shoot a Bad Guy.

gun fellators! shooting more American kids, spouses, friends, strangers, EVERY YEAR, than any radical Muslims.

gun fellators! A bigger national public health disaster than venereal disease!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Louisiana Man Accidentally Kills Teen Babysitter While Fixing His Gun

A Louisiana man who was coming home to check on his children on Saturday night accidentally shot and killed the 13-year-old boy who was babysitting them, The Advocate newspaper reported on Monday.

Adonis Forbes, 25, was planning to stop at home briefly before heading back out for the evening, Baton Rouge police spokesman Cpl. L'Jean McKneely told the paper. But while there, he attempted to fix his gun and ended up accidentally firing it, McKneely said.

The shot struck the babysitter, Murrain Hawkins, in the abdomen, according to McKneely. The paper said when police arrived they found Forbes trying to care for Hawkins.

The teen was pronounced dead after being taken to a local hospital.

Forbes was reportedly charged with negligent homicide.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewir...+%28TPMNews%29

Adonis is black, probably headed for Angola.

If he were white ...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Texas 3-year-old dies after shooting himself in head with gun he found in mother’s purse

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2015/03/t...e+Raw+Story%29

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Texas 4-year-old fatally shoots self — just 2 days and a few miles from 3-year-old who did the same

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2015/03/texas-4-year-old-fatally-shoots-self-just-2-days-and-a-few-miles-from-3-year-old-who-did-the-same/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaig n=Feed%3A+TheRawStory+%28The+Raw+Story%29

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Texas House freshman Matt Rinaldi has filed a bold and inevitably controversial bill, HB 1168, which creates a defense to charges of resisting arrest, search, and detention if the underlying search or detention was "unlawful."

So resisting arrest would become permissible when a cop unlawfully searched or detained a suspect. See the very simple, straightforward bill language. A far narrower version, but similar in concept, backed by the NRA, passed in Indiana in 2012.

There are Democrats who want to hold cops accountable by authorizing (worthless, redundant) civilian review boards to second guess statutorily hamstrung departmental disciplinary processes. But leave it to a libertarian Republican to suggest that victims of illegal searches and seizures by police should be granted the right of front-line self defense!

Basically, this is a Stand Your Ground law aimed at the cops. And say what you will about the suggestion, it would probably be a greater deterrent to false arrests and Fourth Amdendment violations than Texas judges appear capable of acting post hoc.
    http://gritsforbreakfast.blogspot.co...d-against.html

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Ralls County Sheriff’s Department says the shooting happened Sunday at the Salt River Gun Range near New London. Authorities say 25-year-old Andrea Jinneth Corredor-Rivera of Colombia died at the scene.

Corredor-Rivera died of a single self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head. Ralls County Sheriff Gerry Dinwiddie tells WGEM-TV that the woman was shooting a .500-caliber Smith & Wesson handgun when the strength of the gun’s recoil caused her to lose control. She was visiting family in the area.

The sheriff said the gun spun around in her hand, leading to a second fatal shot.

http://bearingarms.com/negligent-sui...sson-revolver/

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Gun Lobby Loves Freedom—But Apparently Not Free Speech

Wrapping themselves in the Second Amendment and claiming to speak for the Founding Fathers is central to the anti-gun control argument,

But what happens when gun-loving patriots are asked to support any other freedom but the freedom to own a gun? That question was put to the test recently by the pro-gun control group States United to Prevent Gun Violence, and they quickly discovered that gun lobbyists have no problem looking for ways to censor and silence their opponents.

The group set out to debunk the widely-held notion that owning a gun makes you safer by inviting a group of people interested in buying their first gun to a fake “gun shop” set up in New York City. When would-be gun buyers came inside, the man behind the counter showed them a model of the gun they wanted to buy and told them the “history” of the gun:

This gun is the same kind that a five-year-old found in his parent’s bedroom and shot his baby brother with it. Or this is the same kind of gun that a two-year-old accidentally pulled from his mother’s purse in Walmart and shot her with.

Or another gun, a collector’s item, that was the one Adam Lanza used to rapidly murder 20 children and six adults at Sandy Hook Elementary School.

The video is effective, capturing the reactions of people as they are disabused of the notion that owning a gun makes you safe and reminded that having a gun in your house just makes it that much likelier that someone in the house, by accident or on purpose, will shoot themselves or someone else. Apparently, the gun lobby thinks it’s, well, too effective, as Rachel Maddow reported on Friday.

The official NRA affiliate in New York, the New York State Rifle and Pistol Association (NYSRPA) is trying to use the law to criminalize this video and participation in it. They want the state to use laws meant to ensure gun safety to be used to persecute people for speaking out for gun safety. From the press release (sic):

The New York State Rifle and Pistol Association is calling upon state Attorney General Eric Schneiderman to investigate the producer of the video for potential violations of state and local laws.

"First off, the firearms and accessories hanging in the background do not appear to comply with either New York City law or the so-called SAFE Act," said NYSRPA President Thomas King in a statement.

"Second, it felony violation of the Sullivan Act for a person to posses a handgun anywhere in New York without a license. The video clearly shows individual 'customers' handling various handguns and doing so in an unsafe manner," King said.

But, as Maddow reported, the “guns” in the video were just really well-made fakes and apparently the entire thing was done with the cooperation and supervision of the New York Police Department.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/cafe/gu...+%28TPMNews%29

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    17 States Where You're More Likely To Die From Guns Than Car Crashes

“Firearm-related fatalities exceeded motor vehicle fatalities in 17 states and the District of Columbia in 2013,” VPC’s report said, citing the most recent federal data.

“That year, gun deaths (including gun suicide, homicide, and fatal unintentional shootings) outpaced motor vehicle deaths in Alaska, Arizona, Colorado, District of Columbia, Indiana, Louisiana, Maryland, Michigan, Missouri, Nevada, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Utah, Virginia, Washington, and Wyoming.”

http://www.alternet.org/tea-party-an...ns-car-crashes

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What does gun violence really cost?

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2015/04/true-cost-of-gun-violence-in-america

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    7 in 10 schools now have shooting drills, needlessly traumatizing huge numbers of children

http://www.vox.com/2015/5/22/8644219...out-of-control

The Most Powerful Nation in the (6000-year-old) Universe is scared less of Ebola, Isis, Muslims, government taking over Texas, Sharia, and now gun nuts shooting up 100Ks of schools.

The real, ongoing threat to America is from the VRWC, the 1%, BigCorp, the MIC, the police surveillance state which have all conspired to deflect attention from their evil selves.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Idaho couple whose 5-year-old fatally shot another child reach plea deal

An Idaho couple whose 5-year-old child accidentally shot and killed a young playmate will see child injury charges dismissed provided they craft and present a course for families on the dangers of firearms,

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/...e=domesticNews

How many courses does USA need? How many careless parents causing dead kids get to do courses?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NRA unhappy with Obama over new rules to keep guns out of mentally ill, domestic abuser’s hands

As the Justice Department prepares new regulations intended to keep guns out of the hands of the mentally Ill and domestic abusers, the NRA and guns rights activists are gearing up once again to call the Obama Administration “gun grabbers” out to disarm America.According to The Hill, the Justice Department is moving forward with more than a dozen new gun-related regulations which they intend to implement before the end of the Obama administration.

Under the new rules, attempts will be made to keep guns out of the hands of people who are mentally ill or have been convicted of domestic abuse.

The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) is looking to revive a rule proposed in 1998 that would block domestic abusers from owning guns, making it illegal for some who has been convicted of a misdemeanor domestic violence offense to purchase or own a gun.

Luke O’Dell of the National Association for Gun Rights, criticized the plans to implement any more rules, saying, “It’s clear President Obama is beginning his final assault on our Second Amendment rights by forcing his anti-gun agenda on honest law-abiding citizens through executive force.”

Addressing the attempt to keep guns away from domestic abusers, Michael Hammond, legislative counsel for the Gun Owners of America said it goes too far.

“That could be a person who spanked his kid, or yelled at his wife, or slapped her husband,” he said before turning to the issue of the mentally ill and adding, “The Obama administration is trying very hard to disqualify people from owning a gun on the basis that they are seeing a psychologist.”

As expected, the NRA chimed in, with a spokesman stating that the new gun laws stigmatize people with emotional problems and might have the effect of keeping them from seeking help if they might lose their guns.

At the American Thinker, Rick Moran held out hope that a Republican president in 2016 would dismantle any new gun laws.

“Some of these new regulations will be in court for years, so the president isn’t likely to see many of them implemented. Indeed, if a Republican wins the White House in 2016, it’s likely the worst of them will be withdrawn anyway,” he wrote. “But before Obama bows out, his efforts to cir vent Congress again and issue decrees that restrict gun rights will cost Second Amendment advocates a ton of money to fight them.”

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/06/nra-...e+Raw+Story%29

gun fellators and gun industry shills protecting gun industry profits

Freedom!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    4-year-old girl dies after accidentally shooting herself in the face

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/06/4-ye...f-in-the-face/

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In just the last week, a three-year old boy in South Carolina shot himself,

a Virginia toddler
    shot and killed himself with one of his parents' guns, and

a four-year-old shot and killed a man at a South Dakota
    gun range.

The week before, a three-year-old boy in Utah
    shot his four-year-old brother, and

another three-year-old boy, this time in Florida,
    shot his one-year-old sister in the face, in front of their preschool.

Day after day, week after week, the list goes on.

By a back of the envelope calculation,
    the death toll starts to look like a Sandy Hook every few weeks.

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/toddlers-are-shooting-each-other-we-don-t-need-guns-in-schools-20150602?page=2

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Large majority of Americans -- including gun owners -- support stronger gun policies

A large majority of Americans--including gun owners--continue to support stronger policies to prevent gun violence than are present in current federal and most state law, according to a new national public opinion survey conducted by researchers with the Johns Hopkins Center for Gun Policy and Research at the Bloomberg School of Public Health.

The survey is a follow-up to one conducted by the same researchers in early 2013, shortly after the shooting at the Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Connecticut that left 26 dead.

The results are published online in Preventive Medicine.

"Two years after the tragedy in Newtown, our study of public support for two dozen specific gun policies found a large majority of Americans continue to favor a range of gun-safety policies," says lead study author Colleen Barry, PhD, MPP, an associate professor at the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health. "Support was strongest - with little difference between gun-owners and non-owners - for universal background checks, barring people with temporary restraining orders for domestic violence from having guns and stronger regulations of licensed gun dealers."

Support for requiring background checks for all gun sales remained high, with 85 percent of gun owners and 83 percent of non-owners favoring the policy. In the 2013 survey, 84 percent of gun owners and 90 percent of non-owners supported background checks for all gun sales. Support for banning assault weapons among all respondents decreased from 69 percent in 2013 to 63 percent in 2015, and support for banning the sale of large capacity ammunition magazines decreased from 68 percent to 60 percent. Notably, the small erosion in support for these policies occurred almost entirely among non-gun-owners.

The 2015 national survey was conducted two years from the date the 2013 survey was fielded, and used the same sampling approach and survey research firm, GfK. The latest survey included 1,326 respondents, while 2013 survey included 2,703 participants.

More than 11,000 people in the United States are killed each year as a result of gun homicides, and the firearm homicide rate in the U.S. is seven times higher than in the average high-income country.

"The extraordinarily high rate of gun violence in the U.S. is due in large part to weaknesses in our standards for legal gun ownership and laws to hold individuals accountable if they put guns into the wrong hands," says study author Daniel Webster, ScD, MPH, director of the Johns Hopkins Center for Gun Policy and Research. "Yet when we poll Americans, we see strong support even among gun owners for stricter standards and increased accountability."

http://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releas...-lmo060315.php

background checks? no! Freedom! 2nd Amendment! gun fellatin marans!

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    Large majority of Americans -- including gun owners -- support stronger gun policies

A large majority of Americans--including gun owners--continue to support stronger policies to prevent gun violence than are present in current federal and most state law, according to a new national public opinion survey conducted by researchers with the Johns Hopkins Center for Gun Policy and Research at the Bloomberg School of Public Health.

The survey is a follow-up to one conducted by the same researchers in early 2013, shortly after the shooting at the Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Connecticut that left 26 dead.

The results are published online in Preventive Medicine.

"Two years after the tragedy in Newtown, our study of public support for two dozen specific gun policies found a large majority of Americans continue to favor a range of gun-safety policies," says lead study author Colleen Barry, PhD, MPP, an associate professor at the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health. "Support was strongest - with little difference between gun-owners and non-owners - for universal background checks, barring people with temporary restraining orders for domestic violence from having guns and stronger regulations of licensed gun dealers."

Support for requiring background checks for all gun sales remained high, with 85 percent of gun owners and 83 percent of non-owners favoring the policy. In the 2013 survey, 84 percent of gun owners and 90 percent of non-owners supported background checks for all gun sales. Support for banning assault weapons among all respondents decreased from 69 percent in 2013 to 63 percent in 2015, and support for banning the sale of large capacity ammunition magazines decreased from 68 percent to 60 percent. Notably, the small erosion in support for these policies occurred almost entirely among non-gun-owners.

The 2015 national survey was conducted two years from the date the 2013 survey was fielded, and used the same sampling approach and survey research firm, GfK. The latest survey included 1,326 respondents, while 2013 survey included 2,703 participants.

More than 11,000 people in the United States are killed each year as a result of gun homicides, and the firearm homicide rate in the U.S. is seven times higher than in the average high-income country.

"The extraordinarily high rate of gun violence in the U.S. is due in large part to weaknesses in our standards for legal gun ownership and laws to hold individuals accountable if they put guns into the wrong hands," says study author Daniel Webster, ScD, MPH, director of the Johns Hopkins Center for Gun Policy and Research. "Yet when we poll Americans, we see strong support even among gun owners for stricter standards and increased accountability."

http://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releas...-lmo060315.php

background checks? no! Freedom! 2nd Amendment! gun fellatin marans!

I fully support background checks but are they even effective? CA, DC, Maryland???

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_vio...tates_by_state

Nice to see the non-gun owners wisen up and start to not give a about "assault weapons".

If this administration couldn't pass new regs after 26 kindergartners were killed they never will.

Thread Information