Page 53 of 53 FirstFirst ... 3434950515253
Results 1,301 to 1,323 of 1323
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was standing in front of my office last week at 6:15am when a guy on the I-35 overhead right over my head ran up under an 18 wheeler and killed himself. It rained little plastic car pieces all over my parking lot. Bad things happen to dumb or careless people all the time.
    yep, America accepts slaughter on the highways (car aren't weapons) as much as it accepts slaughter with guns. USA is ing sick, and run by BigCorp for profit.

Why aren't you gun fellators out in the streets protesting auto regulations? no seatbelts, no speed limits, no airbags, no pollution control, no alchohol/drug testing etc, etc?

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    yep, America accepts slaughter on the highways (car aren't weapons) as much as it accepts slaughter with guns. USA is ing sick, and run by BigCorp for profit.

Why aren't you gun fellators out in the streets protesting auto regulations? no seatbelts, no speed limits, no airbags, no pollution control, no alchohol/drug testing etc, etc?
    I'll start as soon as you get in the streets and protest for more gun control. Spamming articles on a sports message board isn't very effective in getting your message heard.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll start as soon as you get in the streets and protest for more gun control. Spamming articles on a sports message board isn't very effective in getting your message heard.
    I don't have the $100Ms BigGun has to buy politician.

This isn't a sports forum.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Father and son "bonding"

Florida Father Accidentally Shoots and Kills His 14-Year-Old Son at 'World's Safest' Gun Range

http://www.alternet.org/civil-libert...-son-gun-range

and the asshole father says it was he who killed his son, not his beloved gun, not his sicko gun obsession.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    did you know this last wekened in Chicago where it is illegal to have a gun there were 64 64 killings with guns

yes strickets guns laws really work NOT

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    did you know this last wekened in Chicago where it is illegal to have a gun there were 64 64 killings with guns

yes strickets guns laws really work NOT
    did YOU know that state and municipal gun regs are USELESS because your corrupt gun dealers and other out-of-state sources supply unlimited guns?

The two cops shot in their car NYC were shot by a gun sold by some inbred, dirt road Georgia asshole.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    so why have laws then if people will just get around them and not follow them only keeps the good guys from having protection

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TSA orgasm incoming

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    More Than 1,100 Non-Self Defense Deaths Involving Concealed Carry Killers Since 2007

Overall, Concealed Carry Killers do ents 904 fatal, non-self defense incidents since May 2007 in 40 states and the District of Columbia, resulting in the deaths of 1,108 people.

Thirty-one of the incidents were fatal mass shootings as defined by federal law (three or more victims), resulting in the deaths of 147 victims. At least 19 law enforcement officers have died at the hands of concealed carry killers since May 2007.

“Concealed carry permit holders are supposed to be the ‘good guys with guns,’ but our research shows that far too often the opposite is true.

Permit holders don’t stop mass shootings, they commit them.

They don’t help protect law enforcement officers, they kill them.”

Because there is no comprehensive recordkeeping of deaths involving concealed handgun permit holders and many states in fact bar the release of such information, the examples on Concealed Carry Killers are taken primarily from news reports along with the limited information collected by a few states. Hence,

they likely represent a small fraction of actual events.

In the vast majority of the 904 incidents do ented in Concealed Carry Killers (780, or 86 percent),

the concealed carry permit holder either committed suicide (399), has already been convicted (305),

perpetrated a murder-suicide (58), or

was killed in the incident (18).

Of the 93 cases still pending, the vast majority (81) of concealed carry killers have been charged with criminal homicide, four were deemed incompetent to stand trial, and eight incidents are still under investigation.

An additional 31 incidents were fatal unintentional shootings involving the gun of the concealed handgun permit holder.

https://www.commondreams.org/newswire/2017/09/06/more-1100-non-self-defense-deaths-involving-concealed-carry-killers-2007-latest

So to "compensate" for this slaughter, how many "home invaders" have been shot over the past 10 years.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oklahoma man charged with murder after shooting his 13-year-old son who was driving his brother’s truck

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/04/okl...e+Raw+Story%29

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stricter State Firearms Laws Associated With Fewer Kids Killed By Guns

“Injuries due to firearms are the nation’s third-leading cause of pediatric death,”

https://scienceblog.com/500714/stric...nceBlog.com%29

More guns means more gun violence

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Police: Texas toddler dies from self-inflicted gunshot wound

Several US children accidentally shot and killed themselves in recent days.

On Saturday, a two-year-old boy in Fresno, California was killed in a similar incident.

The father of four-year-old Justin Foss Jr, who accidentally killed himself with a gun on Saturday, has been charged in Georgia.

In Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, a four-year-old child is in critical condition after accidentally shooting himself in a resort hotel room on Saturday.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-44772682

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Researcher: Twice as many children die from firearms in states with lenient gun laws

The second-highest cause of pediatric death in the United States is firearms.

More children die from them every year than die from cancer and heart disease combined.

According to new research, even when adjusting for factors like poverty, unemployment, and education, rates of pediatric firearm deaths were markedly lower in states with strict gun laws.

In fact, states with the most lenient gun laws had twice as many pediatric firearm-related deaths.

Additionally, researchers found that states without child access prevention laws had death rates
    four times as high as states with strict gun laws.

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/201...rearm-injuries

Last edited by boutons_deux; 11-09-2018 at 11:35 AM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    religion AND guns make people ignorant and crazy

Pastor who criticized 'gun-free zones' shot woman in the head after she refused sex with him: report

Last week, Thomas Bruce posted,

“We should stop expecting criminals to follow the rules.

I’m hoping we end gun-free zones and

put the criminals on notice that they will be stopped.”

facing charges of
    first-degree murder and kidnapping.

Thomas Bruce is accused of

holding three women against their will and

killing one of them after she refused to perform sexual acts on him.

https://www.alternet.org/pastor-who-...sex-him-report

Last edited by boutons_deux; 11-25-2018 at 01:52 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Few Laws To Address Growing Issue Of Elderly Gun Owners With Dementia

Red flag laws allowing for the removal of firearms from people with mental illness need to be widely extended to patients suffering from dementia,

the current lack of public policy

could lead to an increase in suicide and accidental shootings

among baby boomers and older adults, who have high rates of gun ownership and increasing risk for age-related dementia.

Researchers report that

older adults have the highest rates of gun ownership, with 27 percent of people 65 and older owning one or more firearms,

and 37 percent living in a home with a firearm present.

One study of patients with dementia or related mental health issues revealed 18 percent lived in a home with one or more firearms.

Of that group, 37 percent had delusions and 17 percent had do ented hallucinations.

https://scienceblog.com/504485/few-l...with-dementia/

WTF? gun dementia is life-long affliction

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    States with permissive gun laws have higher mass shooting rates

https://www.eurekalert.org/pub_relea...-swp030619.php

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fewer Kids Killed In States With Strict Laws, Background Checks

States with stricter firearms laws had lower firearm-related deaths among children and adolescents

Furthermore, state laws that had been in place for more than five years requiring universal background checks for firearm purchases were associated with a

35% lower firearm-related death rate among children.

“Firearm injuries represent the second-leading cause of death for U.S. children.

That’s about

seven funerals a day for kids whose untimely deaths could have been prevented,”

“For every 10-point increase in the strictness of firearm legislation, there was a 4% drop in firearm-related mortality rates among children and youth.”

https://scienceblog.com/508951/fewer-kids-killed-in-states-with-strict-laws-background-checks/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campai gn=Feed%3A+scienceblogrssfeed+%28ScienceBlog.com%2 9

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fewer Kids Killed In States With Strict Laws, Background Checks

States with stricter firearms laws had lower firearm-related deaths among children and adolescents

Furthermore, state laws that had been in place for more than five years requiring universal background checks for firearm purchases were associated with a

35% lower firearm-related death rate among children.

“Firearm injuries represent the second-leading cause of death for U.S. children.

That’s about

seven funerals a day for kids whose untimely deaths could have been prevented,”

“For every 10-point increase in the strictness of firearm legislation, there was a 4% drop in firearm-related mortality rates among children and youth.”

https://scienceblog.com/508951/fewer-kids-killed-in-states-with-strict-laws-background-checks/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campai gn=Feed%3A+scienceblogrssfeed+%28ScienceBlog.com%2 9

Just consider it a late term abortion boots, you'll be content.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gun Ownership Linked To Greater Incidence Of Domestic Homicides

a unique and strong association between firearm ownership and the risk of domestic homicides.

For each 10 percent increase in household gun ownership rates,

the findings show a significant 13 percent increased incidence of domestic firearm homicide.

The homicide risk differed across victim-offender relationships,

with nondomestic firearm homicide rising only 2 percent among firearm owners.

https://scienceblog.com/509097/gun-o...nceBlog.com%29

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Firearm Ownership and Domestic Versus Nondomestic Homicide in the U.S.

Results

State-level firearm ownership was uniquely associated with domestic (incidence rate ratio=1.013, 95% CI=1.008, 1.018)

but not nondomestic (incidence rate ratio=1.002, 95% CI=0.996, 1.008) firearm homicide rates, and

this pattern held for both male and female victims.

States in the top quartile of firearm ownership had a 64.6% (p<0.001) higher incidence rate of domestic firearm homicide than states in the lowest quartile;

however, states in the top quartile did not differ significantly from states in the lowest quartile of firearm ownership in observed incidence rates of nondomestic firearm homicide.

Conclusions

State-level firearm ownership rates are related to rates of domestic but not nondomestic firearm homicide.

https://www.ajpmonline.org/article/S0749-3797(19)30197-7/fulltext

iow, more guns means more gun domestic violence

Americans' obsession with guns and gun violence is fundamental perverse sickness.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    hole Texas run by bag Repugs

As El Paso Mourns Mass Shooting, Texas Gun Laws Are About To Get Even Looser

From Sept. 1, it will be even easier to carry

guns in Texas churches, schools, apartment buildings and disaster zones.

Under the current laws in Texas,

legal gun owners don’t require an additional permit to carry long guns,

There’s also no background check requirement for private sales,

and no magazine capacity restriction.

From the age of 18, people may purchase a long arm.

From Sept. 1, it will be even easier to carry guns in Texas churches, schools, apartment buildings and disaster zones.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/texas-el-paso-shooting-states-gun-laws-looser_n_5d48dabde4b0244052dff9fc?ncid=newsltushpm gnews__TheMorningEmail__080619

upstanding Greg Abbott has perfect score from NRA

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What a ED UP COUNTRY

Local School Districts Install

Bleeding Control Stations

to Meet New Law’s Deadline

a new state law that requires school districts to have bleeding control kits on each of their campuses.

UHS is working with area school districts to implement the law by training students and staff to learn how to stop traumatic bleeding.

the law’s requirements: tourniquets, chest seals, compression bandages, bleeding control bandages, emergency blankets, latex-free gloves, markers, and scissors.

https://therivardreport.com/local-school-districts-install-bleeding-control-stations-to-meet-new-laws-deadline/

Thanks, you suckered les gun fellators

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thread Information