Born: Sep 21, 1990
    Height: 6-9 / 2.06
    Weight: 215 lbs. / 97.5 kg.
    Prior to NBA / Country: Wake Forest / USA

Info

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    aminu is perfect. young. wing defense. interior defense. athletic. some rebounding and 3 point shooting ability. international player. hey, he's a wake forest alum. he is the perfect free agent signing, if he isn't too expensive. i think he's worth danny green money, maybe a million or 2 more.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Im surprised the Hornets team option wasn't picked up. Is this guy a restricted free agent? Averaging 7/7, showed he could hit the 3 while at the Clippers, don't know much about him but he could be a good addition if he's cheap.

Even if he's restricted, the Hornets obviously won't be wanting to match any offer if they didn't pick up his team option.

He's incredibly long too with a 7'3" wingspan.

Paranoid
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah could be a nice project, I like him but like said already, depends on the price tag. Could be a great backup SF/small ball PF.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He will be an unrestricted free agent this summer. With only 4 3's made this year in 1788 minutes this season, I wouldn't call him a 3 point threat.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To be fair he hit 45/143 in his rookie year for 31%. I dont watch the Hornets so maybe they just don't use him as a 3 point shooter

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To be fair he hit 45/143 in his rookie year for 31%. I dont watch the Hornets so maybe they just don't use him as a 3 point shooter
    Why would they, when he hits at 5% below the 36% NBA average? That's pretty awful. Chip could probably work with him, but RIGHT NOW, he isn't a credible threat beyond the arc, and shouldn't be paid like one.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do we think we could get him for the minimum? Seems like a low risk pick up

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can't say I really know his game. He would need some serious work done on his 3 pt shooting, but could be a backup 3/4? Again, I'm stretching here since I am really unfamiliar with his play.

Is he more like Corey brewer?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's still pretty raw, but I thought N.O. was incredibly stupid not to pick up his option. He was the second best player (discounting the Davis pick) that came over in the trade, and the best player (Gordon) isn't ing happy there. They might wind up with neither.

The really good thing I see about him is that his overall FG% is climbing rapidly from 39% to 41% to almost 48% last year. He's showing improvement.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A really good rebounder, averaging 13.6 per 48 minutes-- that makes him one of the best at the SF position in the league. The yearly increase in fg% three years in a row is promising.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NO way you pass up A chance To sign This guy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    aminu is my favorite free agent prospect for the spurs. wouldn't break the bank, had that san antonio training camp experience cause of new orleans hurricane, looks like a good player already and could even blossom with the spurs. i'm so glad the spurs are deep in the post season. offseason will be short and sweet. and full of headlines.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like either this guy or Casspi at the backup 3. I give Aminu the edge for his athletism and D. Still want Bertans here regardless.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like either this guy or Casspi at the backup 3. I give Aminu the edge for his athletism and D. Still want Bertans here regardless.
    Bertrans torn ACL, not coming this year

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    According to 82games.com, his most productive minutes were at SG, so he could back up both Green and Leonard, and be a small ball PF. He's a promising young player who likely won't command too big a contract yet. If Manu comes back for one more year at a nice discount, Aminu would be a nice piece to add at a reasonable price.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you can't get more monkeyball than that. I still think he will cost too much for the spurs, considering he would be a backup here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://newswithtags.com/National%20B...o-revamp-bench

just brainstormed an incredible what if. what if the spurs signed aminu and earl clark in free agency? i thought i'd find an interesting article to bump aminu.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well he did go to Wake Forest and has good rebounding #s

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well he did go to Wake Forest and has good rebounding #s
    It's funny, because I don't see that as a positive. I've hated everyone from Wake after Tim. CP3 is a litle , and Josh Howard was a stoner.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do we have a realistic chance of getting this guy?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do we have a realistic chance of getting this guy?
    i don't see why not. the spurs should have the cap space. he fits the need. i'd say definitely a more realistic chance than howard or smith. probably more realistic of a chance than the #13 or thomas robinson dump trades.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He has some qualities that will appeal to the Spurs: gets lots of rebounds and steals, and plays defense without fouling. He's not much of a jump shooter-- that's his weakness. But would be another athletic defender with size for the LeBrons/Wades/Durants/etc that the Spurs are bound to run into come playoff time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does he have any NBA-ready offensive ability besides garbage collection putbacks around the basket? Or are we playing 4 on 5 on offense when he's in the game?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I set my mind. Bring him in.

Thread Information