Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All of these questions would be answered through the legislative process. You and I aren't legislators and don't need to have all of the answers.

Cool unsourced regional examples that don't apply email sleuth.
    USA Today

So you want to just suggest a solution with hand-wavium when "how" is presented? That's how you got here in the first place.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because it's only slightly better than "just fix it". Why discuss something like this if your only offering is "make it so"? Obviously you don't know and can't be bothered to learn, but you nonetheless have an opinion on it.
    we're talking about a federal buyback program, not a regional one.
    So? How is that any different? You act like you know the difference but you haven't explained except to say it's different.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because it's only slightly better than "just fix it". Why discuss something like this if your only offering is "make it so"? Obviously you don't know and can't be bothered to learn, but you nonetheless have an opinion on it.
    You're free to stop responding at any time.

So? How is that any different? You act like you know the difference but you haven't explained except to say it's different.
    You know the answer to this one email detective, it's the same answer THE LEFT gives for why any state or local gun control doesn't work.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're free to stop responding at any time.

You know the answer to this one email detective, it's the same answer THE LEFT gives for why any state or local gun control doesn't work.
    More non-answers from the resident know-it-all.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    White male gun owners with money stress more likely to be morally attached to their guns

They are also more likely to see violence against US government as sometimes justified,

https://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2017-11/bu-wmg112117.php

Well, no surprise.

Poor, out-of-work, low-status males think, with their low-info "schooling", that guns give them power and status (and bigger s).

I'd say the same goes for guys who find self-empowerment by bullying, by joining KKK to feel superior to knitters, Jews, Mexicans, women, and by supporting a "leader" like Trash who is racist, misogynist and also has clinical problems with self-esteem.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Localized bans and buybacks don't work because of how state and city borders work within US borders. This should not be hard especially considering in past gun debates here. Such programs in Chicago don't work because guns sourced to IN keep on showing up.

Trading in guns across international borders is a different animal. It's widely known they get their guns from here as there is not exactly a flourishing mexican firearm industry. That would be an ancillary benefit: it would be harder for the juarez and sinaloa cartels to arm themselves.

Also DMC is trying to make a false dichotomy in terms of whether a ban would be successful and making the strawman of what would be considered success. While a transfer ban and buy back would not automatically "solve" gun violence it would provide an immediate and ever increasing benefit.

It is been an established relationship between the amount of guns in an area and gun violence in an area. The buyback would get a lot of guns off the street immediately. The ban of transfers would have a profound effect on the volume over the following decades.

Would it be a perfect solution? No but it would reduce gun violence with no real downside. While DMC maes bull arguments about solubility he does nothing to show a detriment. The original intent of a check against tyranny already went out the window with the past 2 centuries of military technology and people who do give up their weapons will do so voluntarily and for a cash payment. Even home protection is sustained through the use of non automatic nor semiautomatic weapons.

What you don't get are the ability to purchase an arsenal of high capacity/high rate of fire weapons on a whim as well as a reduction in the overall volume of weapons immediately and over time. No downside.

It won't be perfect but it certainly will be better that the status quo. Throw in an expansion of the law enforcement background check, closing the LLC loophole, and a prohibition of firearms for all violent criminals and you will be getting somewhere.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Texas dad accidentally killed by son during shooting lesson

https://www.rawstory.com/2017/11/texas-dad-accidentally-killed-by-son-during-shooting-lesson/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaig n=Feed%3A+TheRawStory+%28The+Raw+Story%29

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Florida man accidentally shoots himself during road rage incident

A Florida man drew his gun during a road rage incident — and then accidentally shot himself.

Deputies said two drivers stopped at an intersection in Orlando, got out of their vehicles and began arguing, reported WESH-TV.

One of the men pulled out a gun because he felt threatened, deputies said.

The man then accidentally fired the weapon and shot himself in the leg, authorities said.

https://www.rawstory.com/2017/11/florida-man-accidentally-shoots-himself-during-road-rage-incident/

goddam, you ing gun fellators are ing stupid!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Top court spurns challenge to Maryland assault weapons ban

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKBN1DR1SE

"... shall not be infringed"

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Second Amendment was ratified to preserve slavery

The real reason the Second Amendment was ratified, and

why it says “State” instead of “Country”

(the Framers knew the difference – see the 10th Amendment), was

to preserve the slave patrol militias in the southern states, which was necessary to get Virginia’s vote.

Founders Patrick Henry, George Mason, and James Madison were totally clear on that

In the beginning, there were the militias. In the South, they were also called the “slave patrols,” and they were regulated by the states.

In Georgia, for example, a generation before the American Revolution, laws were passed in 1755 and 1757 that required all plantation owners or their male white employees to be members of the Georgia Militia, and for those armed militia members to make monthly inspections of the quarters of all slaves in the state.

The law defined which counties had which armed militias and even required armed militia members to keep a keen eye out for slaves who may be planning uprisings.

“The Georgia statutes required patrols, under the direction of commissioned militia officers, to examine every plantation each month and authorized them to search ‘all Negro Houses for offensive Weapons and Ammunition’ and to apprehend and give twenty lashes to any slave found outside plantation grounds.”

Leonardo DiCaprio in Django Unchained when he asks, “Why don’t they just rise up and kill the whites?”

book Slave Patrols: Law and Violence in Virginia and the Carolinas, notes that,

“Although eligibility for the Militia seemed all-encompassing, not every middle-aged white male Virginian or Carolinian became a slave patroller.”

most southern men between ages 18 and 45 – including physicians and ministers – had to serve on slave patrol in the militia at one time or another in their lives.

slave rebellions were keeping the slave patrols busy.

By the time the Cons ution was ratified,

hundreds of substantial slave uprisings had occurred across the South.

Blacks outnumbered whites in large areas, and the state militias were used to both prevent and to put down slave uprisings. As Dr. Bogus points out,

slavery can only exist in the context of a police state, and the enforcement of that police state was the explicit job of the militias.

Henry laid it out:

“Let me here call your attention to that part [Article 1, Section 8 of the proposed Cons ution] which gives the Congress power to provide for organizing, arming, and disciplining the militia, and for governing such part of them as may be employed in the service of the United States. . . .

“By this, sir, you see that their control over our last and best defence is unlimited. If they neglect or refuse to discipline or arm our militia, they will be useless: the states can do neither . . . this power being exclusively given to Congress. The power of appointing officers over men not disciplined or armed is ridiculous; so that this pretended little remains of power left to the states may, at the pleasure of Congress, be rendered nugatory.”

“If the country be invaded, a state may go to war, but cannot suppress [slave] insurrections [under this new Cons ution]. If there should happen an insurrection of slaves, the country cannot be said to be invaded. They cannot, therefore, suppress it without the interposition of Congress . . . . Congress, and Congress only [under this new Cons ution], can call forth the militia.”

So Madison, who had (at Jefferson’s insistence) already begun to prepare proposed amendments to the Cons ution,

changed his first draft of one that addressed the militia issue

to make sure it was unambiguous

that the southern states could maintain their slave patrol militias.

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/02/second-amendment-ratified-preserve-slavery/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaig n=Feed%3A+TheRawStory+%28The+Raw+Story%29

I bet NONE of all y'all pussy-grabbin white male supremacist KKK/Nazi types knew the 2nd was for suppressing knitters and NOT for fighting the Feds,

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Florida man accidentally shoots himself during road rage incident

A Florida man drew his gun during a road rage incident — and then accidentally shot himself.

Deputies said two drivers stopped at an intersection in Orlando, got out of their vehicles and began arguing, reported WESH-TV.

One of the men pulled out a gun because he felt threatened, deputies said.

The man then accidentally fired the weapon and shot himself in the leg, authorities said.

https://www.rawstory.com/2017/11/florida-man-accidentally-shoots-himself-during-road-rage-incident/

goddam, you ing gun fellators are ing stupid!

better outlaw coffee because there's some dumb s who spill it on themselves and file lawsuits. dip s are everywhere.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    better outlaw coffee because there's some dumb s who spill it on themselves and file lawsuits. dip s are everywhere.
    ask yourself why murderers tend to use guns instead of hot coffee

and then rethink your re ed post

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    oooh the stupid... it burns...

ow, that hurt to read. It was dumb, even for you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

lmao! so black & white... murderers only use guns? you sure of that?

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    See some people would ask you to kill yourself with hot coffee.
    But I would not. Maybe some analogy with pain meds next time...

Edit:
    Maybe jumping in a giant hot coffee machine one could scald themselves and then die slowly and painfully.
    Or jump into a bunch of beans while they are roasting?

F it. I don't drink coffee so I should not have a say.
    Apologies to all.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    See some people would ask you to kill yourself with hot coffee.
    But I would not. Maybe some analogy with pain meds next time...

Edit:
    Maybe jumping in a giant hot coffee machine one could scald themselves and then die slowly and painfully.
    Or jump into a bunch of beans while they are roasting?

F it. I don't drink coffee so I should not have a say.
    Apologies to all.
    my analogy gets to the bottom of this issue. blame the guns but not the psychos who use them to murder others, right? last time i checked, and yall call me crazy all the time, i never shot another person nor have i had the thought to mass murder anyone ever. i guess the guns i shot were good guns and not murderous guns?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

lmao! so black & white... murderers only use guns? you sure of that?
    but great dodge.

why don't murders use hot coffee as a weapon of choice?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    my analogy gets to the bottom of this issue. blame the guns but not the psychos who use them to murder others, right? last time i checked, and yall call me crazy all the time, i never shot another person nor have i had the thought to mass murder anyone ever. i guess the guns i shot were good guns and not murderous guns?
    no. the psychos are the ones who get arrested, tried for murder, and go to prison. the guns don't get charged with crimes.

its an inescapable truth that guns enable murder (by far the most common weapon used), and AR-15 type weapons enable mass murder more often than anything else

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    so SR if they only "tend to" then why aren't you advocating for the outlawing of all other "weapons" used as well? narrative.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

There are are plenty of people who are psychotic (divorced from reality) who have no desire to kill anyone but themselves.
    Just stating crazy people shoot other people does not do it. Actually, it could get a bunch of depressed people who wanted to buy a gun for self defense to impulse buy and then shoot themselves during a bad patch of life.

So I'm gonna say you need more than a crazy person box to check on the background form.
    But, kick the can.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There are are plenty of people who are psychotic (divorced from reality) who have no desire to kill anyone but themselves.
    Just stating crazy people shoot other people does not do it. Actually, it could get a bunch of depressed people who wanted to buy a gun for self defense to impulse buy and then shoot themselves during a bad patch of life.

So I'm gonna say you need more than a crazy person box to check on the background form.
    But, kick the can.
    yep. maybe just maybe, the PD, the FBI, the school system, and the psychiatrist should be held accountable and not the gun. they came before the shooting but where were they to stop it?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yep. maybe just maybe, the PD, the FBI, the school system, and the psychiatrist should be held accountable and not the gun. they came before the shooting but where were they to stop it?
    You can give all the criteria after the fact on this guy.
    Vegas guy was much more effective. How was Vegas guy IDed as a crazy threat?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You can give all the criteria after the fact on this guy.
    Vegas guy was much more effective. How was Vegas guy IDed as a crazy threat?
    was known to the fbi already... was on meds... etc... need i say more?

btw, you don't think the calls and warnings to the PD and FBI prior to Cruze's spree weren't enough?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This pink plastic kitty keychain could get you a year in Texas jail —

even as AR-15s and ninja swords are legal

possessing a pink plastic keychain shaped like a cat could lead to a year in jail and a $4,000 fine,

That’s because a plastic pink kitty cat key chain falls under the Lone Star State has

a bizarre ban on “brass knuckles.”

State law makes possession of them a Class A misdemeanor, which comes with stiff possible penalties.

“It’s a prohibited weapon,”

a staff attorney with the Texas District and County Attorneys Association told the paper.

“These are always and everywhere prohibited.”

The oddity of the situation is, of course, about money—the keychains cost about $10 and don’t have a huge lobby behind them.

“There isn’t a big lobby for self-defense key chains so they don’t get as much attention as other weapons,”

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/07/pink-plastic-kitty-keychain-get-year-texas-jail-even-ar-15s-ninja-swords-legal/

ing Texas and its sicko gun fellators!

Thread Information