Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Your understanding of the term "banned" sucks. You seem to think banning something makes it physically impossible to do. It's simply a law. Are you saying that it's impossible to create a law that bans breathing? I am not talking about unlikely, but if someone was challenged to create such a law, could it be done if everyone involved was in agreement? Sure it could. Anything can be banned. If you can write it here, it can be written in a legal do ent.

In a vacuum, even though the logistics would be next to impossible, I guess so.

But as long as the Declaration of Independence is recognized, life is an unalienable right to law abiding citizens....which means as of today and the foreseeable future, a ban on breathing in America is impossible.

Due to the ambiguity of the 2nd Amendment, however, a total ban on weapons for non-militia citizenry is most certainly possible. Fwiw.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In a vacuum, even though the logistics would be next to impossible, I guess so.
    Something is either possible or it's not possible. In a debate, there are too many opinions and "nuances" in the way of progress. Those subjective tangents prevent any real discourse since the goal becomes to avoid the appearance being wrong instead of being right. Your opinion is that a ban wouldn't work, but that doesn't mean it cannot be done. The odds of it are nil, but it's possible to do. So when I say "can", I am referring to "possible" not the likelihood of it happening.
    But as long as the Declaration of Independence is recognized, life is an unalienable right to law abiding citizens....which means as of today and the foreseeable future, a ban on breathing in America is impossible.
    No. You misunderstand the concept of the word "impossible". For it to be impossible, we could not get there from here. That means it cannot be done. It can be done though, so it's not impossible. It's unlikely.
    Due to the ambiguity of the 2nd Amendment, however, a total ban on weapons for non-militia citizenry is most certainly possible. Fwiw.
    Since you don't have a firm grasp on the concept of possibility vs impossibility, your opinion on the 2nd Amendment is moot.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    as long as the Declaration of Independence is recognized
    ... is not law.

No rights are "God-given" and "unalienable". Rights, their definition/protection/enforcement, come from society, government, not God.

No gun fellators have said where the Cons ution "bans" regulation, even heavy regulation, of personal firearms, or any other weapon. Gun fellators can still have the fictional "right" to firearms, but the firearms can be (heavily) regulated, subject to conditions, AND TAXED, even restricted in certain cases.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Something is either possible or it's not possible. In a debate, there are too many opinions and "nuances" in the way of progress. Those subjective tangents prevent any real discourse since the goal becomes to avoid the appearance being wrong instead of being right. Your opinion is that a ban wouldn't work, but that doesn't mean it cannot be done. The odds of it are nil, but it's possible to do. So when I say "can", I am referring to "possible" not the likelihood of it happening.

No. You misunderstand the concept of the word "impossible". For it to be impossible, we could not get there from here. That means it cannot be done. It can be done though, so it's not impossible. It's unlikely.

Since you don't have a firm grasp on the concept of possibility vs impossibility, your opinion on the 2nd Amendment is moot.
    The probability of breathing being banned in our lifetime in America is so ridiculously small, I'll go ahead and stick with it being not possible.

And my opinion of a breathing ban being impossible doesn't have anything to do with the topic, nor does it make my opinion of the 2nd amendment moot.

No semantic: you're being ridiculous.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's Organic Law as defined in US Code (2007).

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's Organic Law as defined in US Code (2007).
    who at state or federal level enforces my "organic" right to "life, liberty,and the pursuit of happiness" ?

what are the penalties?

any actual cases prosecuted?

WTF is "liberty" legally?

WTF is "happiness" legally?

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    These concepts have been codified in law. It's not rocket science.
    Really, you should just do a little reading on the subject. These answers are not hidden.

Here's a start, with relevant cases cited.
    http://www.gemworld.com/usa-unalienable.htm

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The probability of breathing being banned in our lifetime in America is so ridiculously small, I'll go ahead and stick with it being not possible.

And my opinion of a breathing ban being impossible doesn't have anything to do with the topic, nor does it make my opinion of the 2nd amendment moot.

No semantic: you're being ridiculous.
    It negates your opinion on the possibility of something else, including the 2nd Amendment. That's final.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It negates your opinion on the possibility of something else, including the 2nd Amendment. That's final.
    Since there is a possibility you're wrong, no, it's not final.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    who at state or federal level enforces my "organic" right to "life, liberty,and the pursuit of happiness" ?

what are the penalties?

any actual cases prosecuted?

WTF is "liberty" legally?

WTF is "happiness" legally?
    they would mostly be civil suits.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Since there is a possibility you're wrong, no, it's not final.
    Your take on possibilities is void of meaning, ergo you've bit your own tail.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Your take on possibilities is void of meaning, ergo you've bit your own tail.
    I'm using your take on possibilities now.

which would mean there's a possibility you're wrong about possibilities.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Breathing can be banned.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pretty sure I took you by the hand the first time you scoffed at that, and led you to the woodshed. Are you asking for a fresh one?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    well, my significant other finally got into the teaching ranks out at
    a high school in the southern parts of SA. woo hoo.

Lemme tell ya though.......however bad you have heard that teachers have it,
    go ahead and multiply that by 20 and you have an idea of what she's
    gone through.

Forget the kids that get ready to throw down right there in the
    classroom on a daily basis or the ones that drop F bombs, and when she
    tells them to cut it out, they drop 1000 more.....
    she got to her class room and had to bring in her own desk, desk
    chair, waste baskets and yes, even her own chalk board eraser.

oh, and the intercom that is supposed to page the adminstrative
    offices in case of an emergency.......she doesn't have one...

it's so bad, it's almost hilarious.

oh, almost forgot the 7am - 10pm days she has put in so far.

Teaching is a of a gig. Hard on the back I hear.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Now that's rent free.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Now that's rent free.
    Says the one who bumped a 4 year old post.

It took you long enough to conjure up what to say, and even then it was really predictable because what are you going to say about something like that?

You're dishonest, Blake. You're a lapdog for Chumpy who's just a chatterbox of narratives. Neither of you knows the first thing about 90% of the you argue about, and your arguments amount to little more than circular gibberish for lulz.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Says the one who bumped a 4 year old post.
    That you linked.

You're an idiot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That you linked.

You're an idiot.
    "oh, almost forgot the 7am - 10pm days she has put in so far."

And I'm the idiot?

I still have my wife.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

And I'm the idiot?
    Yes

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What does America’s Second Amendment really say?

Who is right and who is wrong about the bearing of arms

https://www.economist.com/news/books...allysayjohnson

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Second Amendment’s Fake History

Gun-rights advocates insist that the carnage can’t be stopped because it was part of what the Cons ution’s Framers designed.

the Cons ution’s Framers in 1787 and the authors of the Bill of Rights in the First Congress in 1789 never intended the Second Amendment to be construed as the right for individuals to take up arms against the Republic. In fact, their intent was the opposite.

The actual goal of the Second Amendment was to promote state militias for the maintenance of order in a time of political uprisings, potential slave revolts and simmering hostilities with both European powers and Native Americans on the frontiers. Indeed, its defined purpose was to achieve “security” against disruptions to the country’s republican form of government.

In the late Eighteenth Century, the meaning of “bearing” arms also referred to a citizen being part of a militia or army.

In the South, one of the principal reasons for a militia was to rally armed whites to put down slave uprisings. Again, the Second Amendment was meant to maintain public order even an unjust order rather than to empower the oppressed to take up arms against the government. That latter idea was a modern reinterpretation or distortion of the history.

For most of the years of the Republic, the U.S. Supreme Court interpreted the Second Amendment as a collective right, allowing Americans to participate in a “well-regulated Militia,” not an individual right to buy the latest weaponry at a gun show or stockpile a military-style arsenal in the basement.

That bogus history gave rise to the image of the Framers being wild-eyed radicals encouraging armed rebellion against the Republic.

Rather than people who believed in the rule of law and social order,

the Framers were contorted into crazies who wanted citizens to be empowered to shoot police, soldiers, elected representatives and government officials.

the right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness was overtaken by the “right” to own an AR-15 with a 30-or-100-bullet magazine.?

When right-wing politicians talk about the Second Amendment now, they don’t even bother to include the preamble that explains the point of the amendment.

https://consortiumnews.com/2015/10/0...-fake-history/

In order to increase gun/ammo profit, BigCorp/gun-division paid the NRA to pervert the 2nd Amendment, a perversion that has been swallowed ignorantly by all you less gun fellators, who also believe Trash is a truth-tell and a giver of s about "the common people"

10Ks of people slaughtered by guns EVERY ING YEAR is what NRA, etc calls "the price of freedom"

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mistaken for deer, New York woman shot dead

https://www.rawstory.com/2017/11/mis...e+Raw+Story%29

Thread Information