San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Height: 6-7
    Weight: 225 lbs
    Birthday: 08/29/1991
    Team: Sidigas Avellino (Italy)

DraftExpress
    NBADraft
    Last edited by Chinook; 08-12-2014 at 05:14 PM.

Transition 3 Willbreaker Captivus's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What do people that know more than I do think about this guy?
    For what Ive seen he could be immediate help at the SF position.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1 of da good fowards in da draft and wit Jax out theyll be draftn 1

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Was interviewed by the Spurs at the combine and refused to give out his number per Real GM report http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...-Draft-Combine

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2nd round scrub being picky

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude reminds me of Chuck Person when he cam out. Could be a steal. Has great NBA range. Could see a scenario one day where he starts at SF and Leonard moves to SG.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Was interviewed by the Spurs at the combine and refused to give out his number per Real GM report http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...-Draft-Combine
    F him!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude reminds me of Chuck Person when he cam out. Could be a steal. Has great NBA range. Could see a scenario one day where he starts at SF and Leonard moves to SG.
    Chuck Person was never projected as a second rounder. In Person's day, this kid wouldn't even be drafted.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    • Ohio State forward Deshaun Thomas is one of the more intriguing prospects, with league executives believing he could go as high as No. 19 or drop to the middle of the second round. Some sources believe Oklahoma City won’t let Thomas drop past their 32nd overall selection.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Welcome to the Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Was that thing about not giving the Spurs his number a CIA move?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Welcome

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Deshaun Thomas is a beast. The Spurs may have found another important piece for the future.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    “I can’t go around giving it out to everyone,” Thomas said Thursday with a laugh. “Now if they want to draft me, I’d be happy to give it to them.”

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With Spurs not getting Oden, they still have one roster spot open and are very thin at the SF spot. It should help Thomas to be signed. Long-term wise, Thomas is also more attractive with both Bertans and Jean-Charles getting ACL surgeries.

If Spurs believe in his ability, the best move would be to sign him to a Neal like contract (three years, first year fully guaranteed, last two years fully non-guaranteed) with the rest of their MLE.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With Spurs not getting Oden, they still have one roster spot open and are very thin at the SF spot. It should help Thomas to be signed. Long-term wise, Thomas is also more attractive with both Bertans and Jean-Charles getting ACL surgeries.

If Spurs believe in his ability, the best move would be to sign him to a Neal like contract (three years, first year fully guaranteed, last two years fully non-guaranteed) with the rest of their MLE.
    i agree. i would have prefered davies or southerland over thomas. but thomas showed an impressive stroke in the summer league. plus he looked athletic enough to be serviceable rebounder/defender. he'd be good injury insurance for manu(@3), and diaw/bonner/pendergraph(@4.) i feel like it's realistic to imagine he would stay healthy and perform well in his garbage time.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Saw his name mentioned in another thread and thought I would update this thread..Here some stats from this season:

http://www.euroleague.net/compe io...r?pcode=005094

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/...as-1290/stats/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's scoring well, so there's that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Probably never play for the Spurs. His D is non-existent. His combine numbers are worse than Blair's, who himself is a poor defensive PF.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Probably never play for the Spurs. His D is non-existent. His combine numbers are worse than Blair's, who himself is a poor defensive PF.
    I disagree..DT is going to have chance with the changing of the guard in 2015. The difference between DT and blair is there are situtations DT can play the 3 or small ball 4 with the spurs. Biggest difference bewtween the 2 players is on the offensive end of the floor where DT can make an impact.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This guy was the 58th pick. Having any expectations is wishful-thinking.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This guy was the 58th pick. Having any expectations is wishful-thinking.
    Having 0 expectations is being a wizards or kings fan and simply not realizing the talent of the spurs front office. Are the odds against a player who gets drafted that low, yes, but better than players that do not get drafted at all. DT got drafted at the perfect time since the turnover for the spurs roster will be dramatic over the next 2-3 seasons.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Having 0 expectations is being a wizards or kings fan and simply not realizing the talent of the spurs front office. Are the odds against a player who gets drafted that low, yes, but better than players that do not get drafted at all. DT got drafted at the perfect time since the turnover for the spurs roster will be dramatic over the next 2-3 seasons.
    I'll gladly eat crow if Thomas does anything notable in the NBA (other then put up some points in garbage time, and that's if he ever makes the roster.) But until then, he's in the Gist/Denmon/McClinton/Williams/Holcomb zone for me (the last 5 American players Spurs drafted past the 40th pick.)

Perhaps I'm terribly misinformed, but I just don't see anything intriguing about Thomas' game in an overall perspective. He's had a couple of great scoring nights.. but.. a lot of the players can say the same thing, there's nothing else particularity interesting about him.. At least from what I know.

Personally - I'm in the Bertans/LVJ/Hanga bandwagon.

Thread Information