Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Republicans Push 700 New Laws to Regulate Women's Bodies

In the first quarter of 2013, states have proposed 694 provisions related to a woman’s body, how she gets pregnant, or how she chooses to end that pregnancy.

During the first three months of 2013, legislators in 14 states introduced provisions seeking to ban abortion prior to viability. These bans fall into three categories: measures that would prohibit all abortions, those that would ban abortions after a specified point during the first trimester of pregnancy and those that would block abortions at 20 weeks after fertilization (the equivalent of 22 weeks after the woman’s last menstrual period, the conventional method physicians use to measure pregnancy). All of these proposals are in direct violation of U.S. Supreme Court decisions.

Legislators in 10 states have introduced proposals that would ban all, or nearly all, abortions. In eight states (AL, IA, MS, ND, OK, SC, VA and WA), legislators have proposed defining “personhood” as beginning at conception; if adopted, these measures would ban most, if not all, abortions.
    Seven states are edging closer to achieving full approval for laws that would reduce or essentially eliminate abortion access.

http://www.alternet.org/republicans-...-womens-bodies

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Arkansas Senate Votes To Cut Sex Ed Funding So It Can Be No. 1 At Teen Pregnancy

The Arkansas state Senate passed a measure on Tuesday to defund Planned Parenthood and all other en ies that provide abortions or patient referrals for abortions. The bill also cuts the funding for a Planned Parenthood-administered comprehensive sex education program in the state’s public high schools

http://wonkette.com/511414/arkansas-...teen-pregnancy

to all the ignorant, benighted Repug "Christian" asshole Confederate moralists.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Democrats Try To Force Republicans To Allow Vote On Pay Equity

Last summer, Republican senators filibustered the Paycheck Fairness Act, which would have bolstered protections for women who are discriminated against in their paychecks and increased salary transparency to let women find out if they were being paid less than their male colleagues.

the average woman in virtually every field is losing out on more than $430,000 over their career due to the gender wage gap. Women are paid 77 cents to every dollar earned by a man. For minority women, the gap is even wider, around 60 cents for Latino women and 69 cents for African American women. While the gap is shrinking, progress has stalled in recent years — if the current rate continues, women’s salaries won’t catch up to men’s for 45 years.

The Paycheck Fairness Act increases penalties for employers who discriminate against women through paychecks, protects people who sue over pay equity, and allows employees to discuss their salaries so women can discover any discrepancies.

Voters overwhelmingly support pay equity, yet Republicans continue to block the bill because they insist there is no pay gap and it would hurt businesses. Yet the districts with the widest gender wage gaps are represented by Congressmen who oppose pay equity laws.

http://thinkprogress.org/politics/20...on-pay-equity/

http://www.nationalpartnership.org/s...pdf?docID=6681

Those charming, seductive reach out Repugs really know how to reach out touch women where they're super sensitive.
    Last edited by boutons_deux; 04-12-2013 at 01:15 PM.

Billy Bob
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When women could do skilled heavy labor, could work as fast as men, could carry the loads that men carry,could physically play in the nfl, is when they will get dollar for dollar. Everybody knows when you hire women in certain in certain fields, it's in waste of salary (a lot of times it's just for eye candy for the boss or so he could ask her out).

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When women could do skilled heavy labor, could work as fast as men, could carry the loads that men carry,could physically play in the nfl, is when they will get dollar for dollar. Everybody knows when you hire women in certain in certain fields, it's in waste of salary (a lot of times it's just for eye candy for the boss or so he could ask her out).
    ing dumb , as "everybody knows"

there's millions of job in the professional, service, light work sectors that don't require manly muscles.

Billy Bob
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ing dumb , as "everybody knows"

there's millions of job in the professional, service, light work sectors that don't require manly muscles.
    In labor and in professional setting, guys are way faster to get things done more so than women. I've managed crews of workers dawg, and I would always put the youngest and prettiest girls doing the easiest and close to me. I've ed a lot 17-20 year old pussy when I was 21(in college) and doing some managing for one of my friends dads restaurants.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    extrapolating from your abusive/sexploitation employer experience to the entire female workforce is dumb, but that's just you

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    More Repug reachout, always moving society forward and not legistating morals

Republicans Unanimously Approve Anti-Marriage Equality Resolution Without Debate

At a retreat in Hollywood, California on Thursday, the Republican National Committee caved to pressure from social conservatives and unanimously approved a number of resolutions without any debate, including one opposing same-sex marriage.

As ThinkProgress reported Wednesday, this resolution is based entirely on debunked junk science and assumptions that heterosexual relationships are objectively superior to same-sex couples. Here is some of the text:

WHEREAS, the ins ution of marriage is the solid foundation upon which our society is built and in which children thrive; it is based in the conjugal relationship that only a man and a woman can form; [...]

WHEREAS, no Act of human government can change the reality that marriage is a natural and most desirable union; especially when procreation is a goal; [...] therefore be it

RESOLVED, the Republican national Committee affirms its support for marriage as the union of one man and one woman, and as the optimum environment in which to raise healthy children for the future of America.

A second resolution reaffirming the party’s 2012 platform included a similar provision opposing same-sex marriage:

WHEREAS, the 2012 Republican Platform states, “We believe that marriage, the union of one man and one woman must be upheld as the national standard, a goal to stand for, encourage, and promote through laws governing marriage.”

http://thinkprogress.org/lgbt/2013/0...ithout-debate/

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Meanwhile, in Real America

Poll: Majority Supports Gay Marriage, Fewer Back Legalized Abortion

Fifty-three percent of those polled said they favored allowing same-sex marriages, reflecting steadily rising support over the past decade. In late 2009, just 41 percent of Americans supported same-sex marriage; in 2004, just 30 percent did.

Today, 63 percent said that the federal government should recognize gay marriages performed in states that have legalized them. But the majority also said they'd prefer to have one federal standard defining marriage than for the issue to be left up to the states.

Nearly 8 in 10 Americans said they knew someone who was gay or a lesbian, and just over half said they knew a couple in a long-term gay or lesbian relationship. Most, however, said knowing these people didn't affect their views on gay marriage.

Other surveys have found similar or wider backing for gay marriage. A recent Washington Post/ABC News poll found that a record 58 percent were in favor, with support increasing among virtually all parties and demographics.

The NBC/WSJ poll also found that Americans were more than twice as likely to say they disagreed with Republicans on "their approach to social and cultural issues" than to agree with them. They were split about evenly on whether or not they agreed with the Democratic Party.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...comm_ref=false

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The U.S. Supreme Court on Tuesday declined to review a decision striking down a Oklahoma law that required any woman seeking an abortion to be shown an ultrasound image of the fetus beforehand.

By refusing to hear the case, the high court left intact an Oklahoma Supreme Court ruling that struck down the law on the basis that it violated the U.S. Supreme Court's precedent on abortion restrictions.
    It was the second time in two weeks that the high court had declined to review an Oklahoma court ruling that struck down an abortion restriction.

Last week, the court dismissed another case concerning a state law in Oklahoma that cracked down on the use of the abortion-inducing drug RU-486.
    http://news.yahoo.com/u-justices-dec...--finance.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    so much for "repug" solidaity in the SCOTUS

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    extremist Repug JINOs chickened out. If case had been enriching/protecting corporate $Bs to screw Human-Americans, it wudda been 5-4.

VRWC solidarity is for money and power. They sucker/exploit the social issues like 700 regs over women's bodies only to get the Bible-thumper vote.
    Last edited by boutons_deux; 11-12-2013 at 02:06 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    GOP’s woman-haters club swells: Why their hatred is actually getting worse

In the recently released report he commissioned on the bridge closing scandal, New Jersey Governor Chris Christie’s lawyer depicts the client as the innocent who was ensnared in the web woven by an “emotional” woman. No longer is Bridget Anne Kelly his hard-working deputy chief of staff, doing the bidding of a canny, no-nonsense governor; instead, she is your run-of-the-mill hysterical female lashing out against the mul ude of commuters to get revenge, somehow, for being dumped by a guy.

The month just past was a heckuva month for know-nothingness and woman-bashing. In mid-March, responding to news of a projected National Women’s History museum, the always instructive Rush Limbaugh auto-blurted: “We already have, ladies and gentlemen, I don’t know how many museums for women all over the country. They are called malls.” Pregnant pause. “Hey, I could have said brothel.” Yes, and you could have admitted that in your oafish imagination a woman who is not deferential is a militant.

The marginally less rude but equally humorless Senator Rand Paul grabbed momentary headlines when he tried to smear Hillary Clinton by associating her with the decades-old taint of her husband’s infidelity. Meanwhile, in defense of his own political virtue, Paul added a personal reflection to his stock of convenient statistics. “I’ve seen the women in my family and how well they’re doing,” he explained. “My niece is in Cornell Vet School, and 85 percent of the people in vet school right now are women. Over half the young people in medical school and dental school are women. Law school, the same way. I think women are doing very well, and I’m proud of how well we’ve come and how far we’ve come, and I think that some of the victimology and all this other stuff is trumped up.” Nothing to worry about, ye women seeking an equal place in society. He’s got anecdotal evidence. So stop complaining.

lots more, esp right-wing Christian wimmen-haters ...

http://www.salon.com/2014/04/07/gops...getting_worse/

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    GOP’s woman-haters club swells: Why their hatred is actually getting worse

In the recently released report he commissioned on the bridge closing scandal, New Jersey Governor Chris Christie’s lawyer depicts the client as the innocent who was ensnared in the web woven by an “emotional” woman. No longer is Bridget Anne Kelly his hard-working deputy chief of staff, doing the bidding of a canny, no-nonsense governor; instead, she is your run-of-the-mill hysterical female lashing out against the mul ude of commuters to get revenge, somehow, for being dumped by a guy.

The month just past was a heckuva month for know-nothingness and woman-bashing. In mid-March, responding to news of a projected National Women’s History museum, the always instructive Rush Limbaugh auto-blurted: “We already have, ladies and gentlemen, I don’t know how many museums for women all over the country. They are called malls.” Pregnant pause. “Hey, I could have said brothel.” Yes, and you could have admitted that in your oafish imagination a woman who is not deferential is a militant.

The marginally less rude but equally humorless Senator Rand Paul grabbed momentary headlines when he tried to smear Hillary Clinton by associating her with the decades-old taint of her husband’s infidelity. Meanwhile, in defense of his own political virtue, Paul added a personal reflection to his stock of convenient statistics. “I’ve seen the women in my family and how well they’re doing,” he explained. “My niece is in Cornell Vet School, and 85 percent of the people in vet school right now are women. Over half the young people in medical school and dental school are women. Law school, the same way. I think women are doing very well, and I’m proud of how well we’ve come and how far we’ve come, and I think that some of the victimology and all this other stuff is trumped up.” Nothing to worry about, ye women seeking an equal place in society. He’s got anecdotal evidence. So stop complaining.

lots more, esp right-wing Christian wimmen-haters ...

http://www.salon.com/2014/04/07/gops...getting_worse/

IMO women in high places work a of a lot harder to get there and more importantly have to make far fewer mistakes to stay. Still full of old white bald men. It's funny to go to some financial ins ution and look at the picture of the board members. Finance seems to be incredibly white male. Who do you trust with money, that old white guy with the pipe.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DiFi was trashed, insulted by Hayden yesterday morning as an "emotional" woman.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Republicans Unanimously Block Debate On Gender Pay Equity Bill

Senate Republicans voted unanimously on Wednesday to block debate from beginning on Democratic-led legislation aimed at narrowing the pay gap between men and women.

The motion to proceed to the Paycheck Fairness Act received 53 votes for, and 44 against, falling short of the 60 needed to defeat a filibuster.

"This legislation would double down on job loss all while lining the pockets of trial lawyers," said Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY). "In other words, it's just another Democratic idea that threatens to hurt the very people that it claims to help. ... We've already seen what five and a half years of Washington Democratic control has meant. More poverty and lower wages for women."

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/dc/sena...+%28TPMNews%29

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    7 Really Stupid and Offensive GOP Remarks on the Day They Shot Down Equal Pay for Women

Duh . . . what war on women?

The GOP war on women, the poor and fairness continued Tuesday when Senate Republicans blocked the Paycheck Fairness Act, 54-43.

Here’s a sampling of some of the stupider and more offensive things Republicans and their media mouthpieces said about Obama’s and the Democrats’ wildly popular push for pay parity for women on Equal Pay Day. This is the day (April 8, 2014), when women finally catch up for what men made in 2013.

Republicans, though? They mostly argue that equal pay for equal work is a canard that Democrats (and the vast majority of Americans) have made up, or just a political ploy to buy votes.

1. Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell:

All that Democrats are doing, is trying to “blow a few kisses to their powerful pals on the left.” It’s all part of the Democrats’ “never-ending political road show.”

Mitch, you are an ass!

2. Senate Minority Whip John Cornyn of Texas:

“This whole thing is really backfiring on the administration and on our Democratic friends because people are seeing it for what it is: It’s a transparent political campaign. It isn’t actually about solving problems, because the law of the land is already paycheck equity.”

Ummm. No it’s not.

3. Rep. Lynn Jenkins (R-Kan.):

Democrats’ push for pay equity between men and women is “condescending . . . Some folks don’t understand that women have become an extremely valuable part of the workforce today on their own merit, not because the government mandated it.”

Pay equity is the kind of condescension a gal could get used to.

4. Terri Lynn Land, Republicans’ U.S. Senate hopeful from Michigan:

“Well, we all like to be paid more and that’s great. But the reality is that women have a different lifestyle. They have kids, they have to take them to get dentists’ appointments, doctors’ appointments all those kinds of things, and they’re more interested in flexibility in a job than pay.”

Right, women don’t really need money.

5. Republican National Committee Press Secretary Kirsten Kukowski:

Asked on MSNBC what policies her party would support to improve pay equity, Kukowski sputtered gibberish and just basically couldn’t think of anything.

She had to have anticipated the question, right?

Meanwhile, over at Fox:

6. Bill O’Reilly:

“I’m not buying this inequality business.”

Shocking.

7. Megyn Kelly:

“Now they think you’re anti-woman if you question that meme about equal pay.”

Well, if the shoe fits…

http://www.alternet.org/tea-party-and-right/7-really-stupid-and-offensive-gop-remarks-day-they-shot-down-equal-pay-women?akid=11700.187590.LuTOi9&rd=1&src=newsletter 979809&t=3

Veteran
    My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    7 Really Stupid and Offensive GOP Remarks on the Day They Shot Down Equal Pay for Women

Duh . . . what war on women?

The GOP war on women, the poor and fairness continued Tuesday when Senate Republicans blocked the Paycheck Fairness Act, 54-43.

Here’s a sampling of some of the stupider and more offensive things Republicans and their media mouthpieces said about Obama’s and the Democrats’ wildly popular push for pay parity for women on Equal Pay Day. This is the day (April 8, 2014), when women finally catch up for what men made in 2013.

Republicans, though? They mostly argue that equal pay for equal work is a canard that Democrats (and the vast majority of Americans) have made up, or just a political ploy to buy votes.

1. Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell:

All that Democrats are doing, is trying to “blow a few kisses to their powerful pals on the left.” It’s all part of the Democrats’ “never-ending political road show.”

Mitch, you are an ass!

2. Senate Minority Whip John Cornyn of Texas:

“This whole thing is really backfiring on the administration and on our Democratic friends because people are seeing it for what it is: It’s a transparent political campaign. It isn’t actually about solving problems, because the law of the land is already paycheck equity.”

Ummm. No it’s not.

3. Rep. Lynn Jenkins (R-Kan.):

Democrats’ push for pay equity between men and women is “condescending . . . Some folks don’t understand that women have become an extremely valuable part of the workforce today on their own merit, not because the government mandated it.”

Pay equity is the kind of condescension a gal could get used to.

4. Terri Lynn Land, Republicans’ U.S. Senate hopeful from Michigan:

“Well, we all like to be paid more and that’s great. But the reality is that women have a different lifestyle. They have kids, they have to take them to get dentists’ appointments, doctors’ appointments all those kinds of things, and they’re more interested in flexibility in a job than pay.”

Right, women don’t really need money.

5. Republican National Committee Press Secretary Kirsten Kukowski:

Asked on MSNBC what policies her party would support to improve pay equity, Kukowski sputtered gibberish and just basically couldn’t think of anything.

She had to have anticipated the question, right?

Meanwhile, over at Fox:

6. Bill O’Reilly:

“I’m not buying this inequality business.”

Shocking.

7. Megyn Kelly:

“Now they think you’re anti-woman if you question that meme about equal pay.”

Well, if the shoe fits…

http://www.alternet.org/tea-party-and-right/7-really-stupid-and-offensive-gop-remarks-day-they-shot-down-equal-pay-women?akid=11700.187590.LuTOi9&rd=1&src=newsletter 979809&t=3

lol

This one time I actually read something one of your copy paste jobs it's just low brow unintelligent partisan fart noises. shocking.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "low brow unintelligent partisan fart noises" which means its way over the heads of Fox viewers

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Adviser to Texas GOP’s Greg Abbott: No ‘evidence’ that women are ‘significant thinkers’

An adviser to Greg Abbott, the Republican candidate for Texas governor, said this week that he had found no “evidence” to prove that any woman had been a “significant original thinker in any of the world’s great philosophical traditions.”

In audio obtained by the Burnt Orange Report, American Enterprise Ins ute scholar Charles Murray can be heard explaining to an audience at the University of Texas that his views on women had not changed since a 2005 paper, in which he asserted that one or “maybe” two women had played significant roles in the field of philosophy.
    http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/04/0...cant-thinkers/

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As part of their War On Vaginas and their Owners, Repugs block Violence Against Women act, and block raising the minimum wage.

Raising the Minimum Wage to $10.10 Would Benefit 4.7 Million Moms

About 22 million moms are working in the United States today. Over one-fifth of all working moms would get a raise if we increased the minimum wage to $10.10. That’s 4.7 million moms and their families who would see an increase in wages with that modest minimum wage increase.

And, not to be left out, 11.6 percent, or 2.6 million, working dads would also see a raise if we increased the minimum wage. That’s over 7 million parents who would see an increase in wages.

http://www.epi.org/publication/raisi...t-4-7-million/

All Hail the Legatron The Reckoning's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i'm all for being a stay at home daddeh tbh

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Republicans Push 700 New Laws to Regulate Women's Bodies

In the first quarter of 2013, states have proposed 694 provisions related to a woman’s body, how she gets pregnant, or how she chooses to end that pregnancy.

During the first three months of 2013, legislators in 14 states introduced provisions seeking to ban abortion prior to viability. These bans fall into three categories: measures that would prohibit all abortions, those that would ban abortions after a specified point during the first trimester of pregnancy and those that would block abortions at 20 weeks after fertilization (the equivalent of 22 weeks after the woman’s last menstrual period, the conventional method physicians use to measure pregnancy). All of these proposals are in direct violation of U.S. Supreme Court decisions.

Legislators in 10 states have introduced proposals that would ban all, or nearly all, abortions. In eight states (AL, IA, MS, ND, OK, SC, VA and WA), legislators have proposed defining “personhood” as beginning at conception; if adopted, these measures would ban most, if not all, abortions.
    Seven states are edging closer to achieving full approval for laws that would reduce or essentially eliminate abortion access.

http://www.alternet.org/republicans-...-womens-bodies
    I've never met a more beta poster in my life, tbh. Your poor kids--growing up w/o a father in a 2-mom household

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no abortions, means more bas children

now who will take care of these bas children? parents dont give a , the state? the catholic church? lmao church

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    more Repug War on Women as campaign reachout!

Republicans Unanimously Block Equal Pay Bill

After allowing the Paycheck Fairness Act to move forward last week, Senate Republicans turned around on Monday evening and unanimously voted to block the bill, which would ban salary secrecy and tighten rules to try to narrow the gender wage gap.

The vote came weeks after the Republican National Committee claimed that “All Republicans support equal pay.” Senate Republicans have unanimously shot the bill downmultiple times over the past four years.

Instead they say women are already protected and argue that the gap isn’t as big as the statistics say. But while it’s true that many factors go into the gender wage gap, it can’t be explained away and discrimination is likely at least partly to blame.

http://thinkprogress.org/economy/201...-fairness-act/

Another "social" issue the Dems could, and are beginning to, pound the Repugs with, eg, Repugs now "for" OTC/no prescription contraception (but it's bull actually).

Thread Information