Page 5 of 70 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He might have a few great shooting games. It's not going to make his team better. Perhaps it's their only hope, if so it's overrated like I said.
    I would bet my balls that if Curry would have been the one that got injured instead of Lee, Golden State wouldn't be 3-1 up on the Nuggets.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would bet my balls that if Curry would have been the one that got injured instead of Lee, Golden State wouldn't be 3-1 up on the Nuggets.
    Still doesn't make his team better. Their wall still exists. Just as Jeremy Lin didn't make the Knicks a better team, just gave them some unexpected wins from some crazy performances.

If everyone is standing around watching Curry shoot, what happens when Curry cannot hit a shot? Oh that's right, the team isn't prepared for that because they are riding Curry's chucking just as the Lakers rode Kobe's win or lose.

Nuggets lost one of their best players to injury, don't equate that to Curry being MJ.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I automatically assumed "when it matters" and that's the POs

otherwise what's the point. Bonner and Green are HOF shooters then.
    Why would you assume that when this thread was created during the regular season and Curry had never played a PO game before?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ray Allen isn't a PG. The nut slobbering that goes on here for shoot first PGs is staggering. They have the ball before anyone else, they are going to be open to shoot. That doesn't mean it's best for the team if they shoot every chance they get.
    That's what separates Curry from shoot first pg's like Jennings, Westbrook, Francis, etc. this dude shoots a crazy high% on shots that would be considered "bad shots" for anybody else. This forces the defense to play him extra tight, which only makes it easier for him to cross them over and get into the lane and get guys like Bogut, Barnes, Thompson involved. TP is a shoot first point guard, but his efficiency makes him effective in that role

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's what separates Curry from shoot first pg's like Jennings, Westbrook, Francis, etc. this dude shoots a crazy high% on shots that would be considered "bad shots" for anybody else. This forces the defense to play him extra tight, which only makes it easier for him to cross them over and get into the lane and get guys like Bogut, Barnes, Thompson involved. TP is a shoot first point guard, but his efficiency makes him effective in that role
    He makes the same decisions except more of his shots fall. Shooters have short term memory and think every shot is going to fall. The fact that more of his shots fall doesn't make him less of a chucker. It's not like RW shoots a bad percentage and he scores a ton of points and made it to the Finals last year. He scored like what, 40 something in a Finals game. If that makes him a chucker, then it means his shooting percentage isn't the deciding factor.

If Curry had a 1 for 18 game. Would he stop shooting the next game? No.

Teams with shoot first PGs are destined to lose.

TP attacks the rim as much as any big in the league. He doesn't sit back and launch 28' shots.

"oh but he makes them"

Remember when Lebron was making some of those as well? Remember when he was shooting lights out from outside this year and then what? He wised up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why would you assume that when this thread was created during the regular season and Curry had never played a PO game before?
    so you can't create threads relating to POs during the regular season? since when?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still doesn't make his team better. Their wall still exists. Just as Jeremy Lin didn't make the Knicks a better team, just gave them some unexpected wins from some crazy performances.

If everyone is standing around watching Curry shoot, what happens when Curry cannot hit a shot? Oh that's right, the team isn't prepared for that because they are riding Curry's chucking just as the Lakers rode Kobe's win or lose.

Nuggets lost one of their best players to injury, don't equate that to Curry being MJ.
    If the team wins more games with you than without you you definitely make your team better, tbh.

And why do you say he's overrated anyways? Dude didn't even make the All-star game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    so you can't create threads relating to POs during the regular season? since when?
    If you do, you have to make it clear.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nobody is saying GS is going to make the finals. Of course they will loose. At the end curry is a terrific player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If all, curry is underrated.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He makes the same decisions except more of his shots fall. Shooters have short term memory and think every shot is going to fall. The fact that more of his shots fall doesn't make him less of a chucker. It's not like RW shoots a bad percentage and he scores a ton of points and made it to the Finals last year. He scored like what, 40 something in a Finals game. If that makes him a chucker, then it means his shooting percentage isn't the deciding factor.

If Curry had a 1 for 18 game. Would he stop shooting the next game? No.

Teams with shoot first PGs are destined to lose.

TP attacks the rim as much as any big in the league. He doesn't sit back and launch 28' shots.

"oh but he makes them"

Remember when Lebron was making some of those as well? Remember when he was shooting lights out from outside this year and then what? He wised up.
    "Oh but he makes them" is precisely my point. Most shoot first players, or more specifically, point guards aren't successful because they aren't efficient. Curry just set the record for 3's in a season on a ridiculous 45%, which is crazy given the number of attempts. Statistically, he's "on" way more often than he's "off". Even when off, he is an underrated playmaker and passer. To me Curry is like the Mavericks version of Nash but on steroids

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wtf is the 1st page of this thread?

Celebrations not for anyone specially those who hasn't won any rings?
    Then calling Steph Curry overrated?

God. Give them brains.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Oh but he makes them" is precisely my point. Most shoot first players, or more specifically, point guards aren't successful because they aren't efficient. Curry just set the record for 3's in a season on a ridiculous 45%, which is crazy given the number of attempts. Statistically, he's "on" way more often than he's "off". Even when off, he is an underrated playmaker and passer. To me Curry is like the Mavericks version of Nash but on steroids
    Not at 45% unless you suck at math

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wtf is the 1st page of this thread?

Celebrations not for anyone specially those who hasn't won any rings?
    Then calling Steph Curry overrated?

God. Give them brains.
    What are you talking about got?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chucker

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    entire denver/gs is one big chuck no defense orgy. at these 2 teams. Curry just happens to be the best shooter in the series.

Chillin' like a villain... TampaDude's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    entire denver/gs is one big chuck no defense orgy. at these 2 teams. Curry just happens to be the best shooter in the series.
    Spurs in 5 over either team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not at 45% unless you suck at math
    45% for 3 point shooting is elite, even from a historic perspective. heck his career 3pt % is second highest in nba history only to steve kerr who took FAR less threes than curry does, and his shots were wide open catch and shoot

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    now Stephanie is crying about the hard fouls. Meanie Nuggets made baby get a boo boo papa Jackson, rub my tummy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    45% for 3 point shooting is elite, even from a historic perspective. heck his career 3pt % is second highest in nba history only to steve kerr who took FAR less threes than curry does, and his shots were wide open catch and shoot
    45% isn't "on more than off". You saw last night how he forced long 3's. He moved the ball rather well, but he's taken the stance that his long ass contested shot is better than getting a wide open look from another teammate. His team was making a rally, but it was stopped by his chucking. Mark Jackson wants him to chuck the ball and he's happy to oblige.

Same happened with the Clippers, Chris Paul chucked them into a loss. Oh but he hit some shots.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Curry going Chris Brown on that fan after the game was pretty good. It wasn't even the right fan, just proves how angry he was. LOL@ChrisBrownCurry

"You can't talk to me that way"

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    but he's taken the stance that his long ass contested shot is better than getting a wide open look from another teammate.
    For most people, this is a bad shot to take. But he is so proficient at making it, it's not really that bad of a shot to take.

It's just like Dirk and his 1-legged fadeaway. For 99% of the league, that would be a dumbass shot to take. For Dirk? It's bread and butter. How about Kareem and his skyhook? Probably not a strong suit of a shot for most people in history, but he rode that shot to being one of the greatest basketball players ever.

Curry generally can consistently hit long threes, or heavily contested jumpers, because he has worked on his shot so much. He was off a bit last night, but then again, all players have those nights, including Dirk with his fadeaway and Kareem with his skyhook. When it's all said and done, we may be looking back at Curry as the greatest jumpshooter to ever play.

Also, you forget to take into account the value of 3s. Say someone shoots 65% on 2pt shots, and another person shot 45% on 3pt shots. That is a 20% difference, which seems huge. But if you shoot 100 of each shot, what is going to get you more points? You will get 130 pts on 2s, and 135 pts on 3s.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Read a stat the other day that says once Curry is rejected once in a game, his FG% drops by 20% or so....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    45% isn't "on more than off". You saw last night how he forced long 3's. He moved the ball rather well, but he's taken the stance that his long ass contested shot is better than getting a wide open look from another teammate. His team was making a rally, but it was stopped by his chucking. Mark Jackson wants him to chuck the ball and he's happy to oblige.

Same happened with the Clippers, Chris Paul chucked them into a loss. Oh but he hit some shots.
    Valid criticism but his "chucking" has got them 3-2 in the series and on the way to most likely closing out a higher seed on Thursday. Difference between Steph and other chuckers is that other guys have 3 other Hall of Famers on the team to pass to and Steph has Jarret Jack as his number 2 option.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Valid criticism but his "chucking" has got them 3-2 in the series and on the way to most likely closing out a higher seed on Thursday. Difference between Steph and other chuckers is that other guys have 3 other Hall of Famers on the team to pass to and Steph has Jarret Jack as his number 2 option.
    A chucker without options is still a chucker. RW has Durant and no one else who can shoot worth a . He's still a chucker.

It's part of Mark's system, but it's a system of chucking.

Thread Information