Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    hope and change
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    surprised a thread like this doesn't already exist

Dishonored: 8/10

style of game I like: somewhat linear, somewhat rpg, story driven, atmospheric... don't see to many games like this anymore, could have used better/tougher AI, and a little more diversity in the magical abilities.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Games I'm playing now:

Xcom: 9.3/10. Amazing game. GotY for me for 2012.
    Far Cry 3: 8.5/10 Awesome. Gets a little old but still incredible.
    Sleeping Dogs: 8.5/10 Still too early to rate this game honestly as I'm only 4 hours in, but it's a lot of fun thus far.
    Chivalry: 7.8/10. Lot of fun but very frustrating and not very intuitive.
    Deus Ex: Human Revolution: 7.5/10. Good game, but I can't see why people were going so nuts over it.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    chess 9/10

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    GTA Vice City: 10/10

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Last I played: Dead Island Riptide - 7/10

There's nothing new right now, so I went back to Just Cause 2 (10/10, IMO).

I skipped on Star Trek since I read it's crap.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Malicious 8/10

Some sick japanese made game.

Hard but addictive as .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The one for PS2/PSN or off the Apple store?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NBA 2K13. 9/10

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The one for PS2/PSN or off the Apple store?
    XBox

Pop took his brain back. xellos88330's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't like just rating the last game I played since I play so many different ones. To be fair, I rated all of the ones I have played since yesterday.

Civ 5 ---- 9/10

The game is ridiculously hard to beat on immortal and deity level. I am only on Emperor currently and am owning it. Once I bump up the difficulty to the next level, it becomes damn near impossible. Deity.... forget it.

FTL (Faster than Light) ---- 10/10

EXCELLENT LITTLE GAME!!! It is hard as !!! The fact that it is named FTL is just an added bonus. THE LAKERS!!!

Call of Duty: Black Ops II---- 8/10

Is it me or are they starting to try to hard?

Guild Wars 2 ---- 7/10

Good game, just can get a little annoying trying to find events just to get decent XP.

World of Warcraft: Rise of Pandaria ----- 3/10

SSDD

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dead Island:Riptide 10/10 everything you like about the first multiplied by 9000
    MLB The Show 13 10/10 been the best baseball game for a long time, this is easily the best in the series

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dead Island:Riptide 10/10 everything you like about the first multiplied by 9000
    MLB The Show 13 10/10 been the best baseball game for a long time, this is easily the best in the series
    What makes 13 the best?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What makes 13 the best?
    They completely revamped road to the show and eliminated the confusing baserunning ; its just up and down now

They adjusted the hitting a bit from last year to where you get better contact but still plenty of crazy infield singles and triple hoppers off the bag

Pulse pitching is much better/accurate and the constant lag on online games has been improved

When you're fielding you don't throw to the wrong base anymore which was especially frustrating if you liked playing the infield like me

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    FIFA 13: 8/10: Definite improvement over FIFA 12, as even playing against the AI on legendary can be fun.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Arkham Asylum. 8/10 A little repe ive at times, which is the case with most games. But overall great game. Not a big gamer. This is the only game I've played start to finish since the first halo

All Hail the Legatron The Reckoning's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Empire: Total War (with all the patches and hotfixes). 8/10

Campaign is incredible. I love the customization you have over construction/development and tactics. You can actually conduct guerrilla war, sending cavalry to raze the countryside and whatnot. I figured out the value of establishing fronts, so my cities won't be taken quickly (also like the fact that militias spawn if a major city is undefended, so one unit can't take a city). The ship-tech is my favorite, and competing over the West/East Indie trade with other nations is fun. Being the Maratha Confederacy, uniting India and invading North America is always a trip. Cities rebelling every turn for no reason pisses me off. Unit upkeep is way too much. Allies never join your cause or help, and noone wants to trade unless you have the same religion. People declare war on you for no reason, and minor nations get swallowed up in a matter of turns because they all declare war and get wiped out immediately (German states, Native Americans, Denmark, little countries like Georgia, etc)

Battles are incredibly boring. I don't know if I'm getting burned out on the TW format (been playing for years), but having cavalry in an army just doesn't make sense anymore since theyre not nearly as effective as in the other TW games other than running down wavering troops. I'm also pissed that re ed melee units can charge my line riflemen and decimate them and not all get shot in the ing face or even care theyre being fired at by ing GUNS.

Pre-battle placement pisses me off because sometimes you're allowed to build trenches, and sometimes you aren't...I want trench warefare ffs. Also, generals die way too easily. Sending them into combat is asking to lose. Unit variety is nil unless I want to waste my money on all those 10 dollar addon pacs. No thanks. Sieges make me want to pull my hair out because unit pathfinding is , so it's too much micromanagement for me.

AI is the worst I've ever seen. Even if the enemy has superior artillery and forces, they still charge and melee from the get-go.

The graphics are far worse than Medieval II despite the higher reqs to run it. That I don't understand.

My hopes are high for Rome II though. Maybe that'll reinvigorate my passion for the series.

I guess in general I'm finding myself outgrowing games. They don't seem nearly as exciting as they used to be, and I could be making hookers cry and preying on women with low self esteem instead.
    Last edited by The Reckoning; 04-29-2013 at 10:43 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Arkham Asylum. 8/10 A little repe ive at times, which is the case with most games. But overall great game. Not a big gamer. This is the only game I've played start to finish since the first halo
    Try Fallout 3 and the Mass Effect series. Stellar games. Borderlands 2 is also worth a playthrough, it's ing hilarious.

Linger Ficking Good! CuckingFunt's Avatar
    My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    Finally making time for the Mass Effect games.

RIP, Mordin.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Earthbound(SNES)
    9.5/10

Wow, one damn good rpg if I do say so myself. Been playing a lot of retro games; how I miss the good ole days

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dead Island: Riptide 8/10 - Zombie killing gloriousness

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good, now play the sequel.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Arma 3 Alpha and Arma II - 9/10 - Best military FPS sim I've played
    Borderlands 2 - 7/10
    Skyrim with 60+ Mods and Project ENB - 9/10
    Mark of The Ninja - 8/10

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    ^This.

My GOAT game tbh.

Right now, i'm gaming less than ever. Everything is so stale nowadays and blatantly try to copy popular games. There's a lack of original ideas outside the indie market and nothing really stands out imo.

The only game i'm looking forward to play this year is GTA V and that's it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^This.

My GOAT game tbh.

Right now, i'm gaming less than ever. Everything is so stale nowadays and blatantly try to copy popular games. There's a lack of original ideas outside the indie market and nothing really stands out imo.

The only game i'm looking forward to play this year is GTA V and that's it.
    Tough call for me between Vice City and San Andreas. I mean Vice City was such a leap forward from an already incredible GTA III, but the gang wars in San Andreas are some of the greatest SP gaming ever done. I wish Vice City had the AK47 from San Andreas too; assault rifles suck on VC. Time period is funny as though.

Still have no idea how they took that incredible series and made such a boring game in IV. GTAIV was basically

driving
    driving
    driving
    nothing's happening
    driving
    nothing's happening
    go shoot someone, mission completed
    driving back to apartment
    driving
    Roman wants to play darts

Goodwill Ambassador spurs_fan_in_exile's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Need for Speed Hot Pursuit (8.5/10.) Feels a lot more like something from the Burnout series thanks to Criterion, and that's not a bad thing at all. Single player challenges were a little unbalanced at times, a few that were mind numbingly easy coupled with a few that felt cheap and frustrating. Still a decent enough crowd online to play with despite its age and that's where the real fun lies.

Thread Information