Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    foaming at the nostrils raybies's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This guy may be the pick but I'm not feeling him that much. Seems pretty limited, but time will tell. What can you get with the 30th pick?
    This year, A-Lot.

foaming at the nostrils raybies's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NBADraft.net also has him going to the Spurs at 30, citing a "possible promise". They expand on it by saying he's reportedly received a promise in the first and suggesting it could be with SA.
    My only concern is this, why would they wait to do a final workout right before the draft? This leads me to believe they had someone else higher on their board and perhaps his play in the Serbian League Finals opened their eyes.

I have a feeling he might get picked by someone right before the Spurs. Like OKC or the Clippers. Some might put two and two together and decide he is too obvious a Spurs pick and take him. I have my su ions about OKC last year who traded up to get Andre Roberson because he was a San Antonio kid and figured the Spurs had their eyes on him. I'm fairly certain he would have fell if they waited.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bogdanovic isn't my favorite pick. But honestly, he'll probably be a pretty good player and I won't cry too hard if we draft him.

It kind of feels like when we drafted Tiago Splitter. We'd heard about him for so long, and all the promise that he had. But after entering the draft and withdrawing repeatedly, it was almost anti-climactic when we selected him. Tiago has been pretty productive too! If we do get Bogdanovic, it might be something similar.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This guy may be the pick but I'm not feeling him that much. Seems pretty limited, but time will tell. What can you get with the 30th pick?
    This is how I feel. I don't see anything special in this guy, and so far all the highlights I've seen are just of him making a bunch of contested jumpshots. Reminds me of a foreign Jimmer Fredette, oddly enough. (que the user saying how wrong I am, tbh I actually could be way off.)

Granted if the Spurs actually do pick him I could only assume they see something we haven't.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is how I feel. I don't see anything special in this guy, and so far all the highlights I've seen are just of him making a bunch of contested jumpshots. Reminds me of a foreign Jimmer Fredette, oddly enough. (que the user saying how wrong I am, tbh I actually could be way off.)

Granted if the Spurs actually do pick him I could only assume they see something we haven't
    Thats usually how it works. And the front office is right more than they're wrong it seems.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bogdanovic isn't my favorite pick. But honestly, he'll probably be a pretty good player and I won't cry too hard if we draft him.

It kind of feels like when we drafted Tiago Splitter. We'd heard about him for so long, and all the promise that he had. But after entering the draft and withdrawing repeatedly, it was almost anti-climactic when we selected him. Tiago has been pretty productive too! If we do get Bogdanovic, it might be something similar.
    That's not a fair comparison at all. Tiago was expected to be a lottery pick before buyout issues surfaced. Bogdanovic is projected to be a late 1st rounded.

I'm not sure I like this pick for the Spurs all that much either. Between Ginobili, Green, and Bellinelli, we already have a litany of quality SG's on this team. It would make far more sense to draft a player that fills a position of need at this point. For instance, we still don't have a backup SF.

Coming Off The Bench TheGoldStandard's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seems like it'll be a SG that can play SF or a SF who can also play PF. I'm leaning towards Bogdan if he's there, hopefully he'll be summer league bound.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would there even be roster spots for them both? I say if drafted he's stashed a year similar to LjC

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Bogdan becomes a spur. I'd bet on a Beli trade, or doubtfully Joseph, for a draft and stash. Bogdan coming over this year with Bertans would be an interesting Toros core. And i think the chemistry would benefit both players development.
    Doubtful considering he'd be staying in Europe.

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NBADraft.net also has him going to the Spurs at 30, citing a "possible promise". They expand on it by saying he's reportedly received a promise in the first and suggesting it could be with SA.
    Might be Sam Presti with OKC made him a promise too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I take back some of my dislike for his decision-making. He was put in the position as a key ball-handler due to player injury. It's not really his forte, although you'd like him to improve a lot nonetheless.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really do hope the Spurs go with Bogdanovic even if he does stay in Europe for another year. As the past has served the Spurs they do make great international picks. The other obvious upside with the international prospects the Spurs have drafted is that they have a 'team first' mentality (outside of De Colo). Now only if the Spurs could go back in time and keep Scola, Barbosa, and Dragic.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's not a fair comparison at all. Tiago was expected to be a lottery pick before buyout issues surfaced. Bogdanovic is projected to be a late 1st rounded.

I'm not sure I like this pick for the Spurs all that much either. Between Ginobili, Green, and Bellinelli, we already have a litany of quality SG's on this team. It would make far more sense to draft a player that fills a position of need at this point. For instance, we still don't have a backup SF.
    We're going to have a hole when Ginobili retires. And is Belinelli a long term solution at SG? Hes on the last year of his deal afterall.

Besides, we typically don't draft for need but instead BPA.

But I agree that the Tiago comparison isn't perfect. But it's the best available example thats recent and Spurs fans should understand.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really do hope the Spurs go with Bogdanovic even if he does stay in Europe for another year. As the past has served the Spurs they do make great international picks. The other obvious upside with the international prospects the Spurs have drafted is that they have a 'team first' mentality (outside of De Colo). Now only if the Spurs could go back in time and keep Scola, Barbosa, and Dragic.
    Barbosa and Dragic were traded picks from the beginning. We didn't choose to pick them - the Suns were the ones that called their names. They just used Spurs picks that they had just traded for.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Barbosa and Dragic were traded picks from the beginning. We didn't choose to pick them - the Suns were the ones that called their names. They just used Spurs picks that they had just traded for.
    funny thing about the suns and spursy guards.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The spurs should explore a trade of Daye/Ayers/picks/rights for Bogdan.

Mills/Manu injury causes a need for 1/2 depth
    who is Cotton and what good is he compared to Bogdan?
    Bertans seems as though he wants to come over
    Bogdan/Bertans chemistry in the dleague would benefit development, build better spurs familiarity, with the bonus of giving the spurs depth
    Daye is guaranteed, because he is promising. He has value. Suns could bite. Same to be said for Ayers, picks, and spurs draft rights

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Bogdan/Bertans chemistry in the dleague would benefit development, build better spurs familiarity, with the bonus of giving the spurs depth
    Daye is guaranteed, because he is promising. He has value. Suns could bite. Same to be said for Ayers, picks, and spurs draft rights
    i'll take back the promising part... but he's a champion spurs scrap.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    @yugobasket: According to Sportski Žurnal, Bogdan Bogdanović is signing with #Fenerbahce Ulker today. The buyout to #Partizan will be 1m €. #kosarka

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

i think Bogdan, Bertans, Baynes would be complimenting Anderson a lot more than Cotton, Daye, Ayers is. Also, there would be no Bonner news. And summer league would be a lot more fun to watch.

Der Willis der Spurs wird siegen! FlAVaK's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://www.euroleague.net/main/resul...2014#!boxscore

Solid game (18 pts 7 asts) for him today in a win at Bayern, but Andrew Goudelock with a Euroleague Record 10 3s

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Buy low opportunity swirling the toilet bowl.

Meanwhile, the spurs get their money's worth from Bonner, Daye, and especially Ayers. The Mills wait continues, as Beli is hurt and Cojos sell high opportunity sits somewhere in RC or Pops intestine.

Oh and J Green is gone. Splitter is hurt. Pop mad scientists how to play Baynes with Bonner and Daye, while relegating Anderson to development purgatory. LJC and Bertans development . But the spurs will win another championship, so who cares about all these nobodies? Once Tim and Manu go, we don't want to be a middling team. We can be the sixers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    goudelock can score against NBA talent. no surprise he's tearing it up

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    David Pick @IAmDPick
    Bogdan Bogdanovic - a star stash of the Phoenix Suns - not making NBA jump next season. He is committed to Fenerbahce.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Buy low opportunity swirling the toilet bowl.

Meanwhile, the spurs get their money's worth from Bonner, Daye, and especially Ayers. The Mills wait continues, as Beli is hurt and Cojos sell high opportunity sits somewhere in RC or Pops intestine.

Oh and J Green is gone. Splitter is hurt. Pop mad scientists how to play Baynes with Bonner and Daye, while relegating Anderson to development purgatory. LJC and Bertans development . But the spurs will win another championship, so who cares about all these nobodies? Once Tim and Manu go, we don't want to be a middling team. We can be the sixers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^SMDH

Thread Information