Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I preferred the rowdiness of the Alamaodome. Better for playoffs 36,00 fans or more (Yes I know it wasn't "feasible", too cavernous, etc all the other cliched responses),

Those were the days. Minus Stan Kelly's sorry ass weak annoying voice. Glad he's gone.

Alamodome Playoffs > ATT Center Playoffs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    AT&T is my least favorite of the 3 arenas in Texas. How they placed it #1 is a mystery to me.

???
    They must have really dug that Whataburger we got in the at&t!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How would you know unless you've been to all 30?

Even then, if you wanted to have an unbiased opinion, you'd have to go to each arena an equal number of times, and care about all of the teams/games equally...

...which is pretty much impossible, so I'm skeptical of anyone's opinion on this.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's always pretty packed and the crowd gets pretty loud when it needs to.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When was the last time you took a tour of what is available? To their credit, they did add a number of new concession possibilities this season. Most notably, the local food trucks that set up in the Bud Light Courtyard for each game.
    Honestly, I have not been to an NBA game the past 2 seasons. Wonder why...

I do know that the AT&T has worked on the food concessions, but the appeal of food trucks is lost on me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I go to at least one game a year, and while the neighborhood around the arena sucks, the arena itself is awesome.

-There really isn't a bad seat in the house
    -Fans are loud and passionate
    -Concessions really are awesome. There's a nacho place that is fantastic (legit, multi-layer nachos).
    -Great fan shop with friendly staff
    -Fan zone is awesome and has plenty of things to keep you entertained

I've never been to the concert stuff, so I can't comment on that

Burn The Thread. Horry Hipcheck's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The arena itself isn't bad, overall well designed. Lower bowl is pretty steep and the stairs are a bit narrow. Each section is divided by so many walls and walkways that it feels like an Escher work.

My beef with the AT&T Center has always been crowd noise. Fans don't get on their feet for much, and on TV the arena is laughably quiet when compared to other venues in the NBA. Boston, OKC, Golden State, and LA come to mind. Spurs fans are plenty passionate, but not a whole lot of them make noise.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The arena itself isn't bad, overall well designed. Lower bowl is pretty steep and the stairs are a bit narrow. Each section is divided by so many walls and walkways that it feels like an Escher work.

My beef with the AT&T Center has always been crowd noise. Fans don't get on their feet for much, and on TV the arena is laughably quiet when compared to other venues in the NBA. Boston, OKC, Golden State, and LA come to mind. Spurs fans are plenty passionate, but not a whole lot of them make noise.
    I can't think of a fan base that has enjoyed sustained excellence and still makes a lot of noise, aside from bumpkins like LSU and Alabama football fans whose sense of self worth is inextricably linked to the success of the foosball team of the state university.

Most normal fans get spoiled and aren't going to get rowdy until they've gotten at or past what they expected or feel en led to.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The concourse/bar area is the best part about the AT&T center. Especially with that big screen out there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The concourse/bar area is the best part about the AT&T center. Especially with that big screen out there.
    +1. The inside design of that area is great with all the pictures/newspaper type clippings painted on the walls of the past championship teams. I love the outside as well with the big screen. It's great during the Overtime concerts...

Burn The Thread. Horry Hipcheck's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can't think of a fan base that has enjoyed sustained excellence and still makes a lot of noise, aside from bumpkins like LSU and Alabama football fans whose sense of self worth is inextricably linked to the success of the foosball team of the state university.

Most normal fans get spoiled and aren't going to get rowdy until they've gotten at or past what they expected or feel en led to.
    I'd agree with this, I generally consider it to be the main problem. I do still think Staples Center gets louder more often, and I'd argue that Laker fans should be pretty spoiled by now too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have been to both staples center and ATT. Staples Center is top notch at clipper games. Lights, sound, food, entertainment, and I can park for 50 cents a few blocks away.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that new San Francisco arena gonna blow away everyone (next year?)
    Next year what? They haven't even broken ground. I believe an issue arose and they might have to pick a new location.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm surprised by this, I never been there, but I would have thought Barclays just for the "newness" and the amount of money put into that place.
    Barclays is ok. I wasn't overly impressed by it. There isn't much around it. Plus, it's in Brooklyn, so yeah. What it does have going for it the diversity of women that end up at the games. That's a major plus. The crowd was ok, but aside from that it wasn't a great experience.

Win. Whatever it Takes Whisky Dog's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's a great place to watch a game. Especially from the court side lower bowl where you get the private grill/bar and concessions and some girl to bring beer to you at your seat.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What other arena has a whataburger in it?

My Team
    Memphis Grizzlies
    Post Count
    Lol I was there for a playoff game in 2011 lol Mediocre at best .

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only thing I don't like is that the stairs in the upper sections (all I can afford) are steep as . Always get vertigo walking down.
    Tell your mom to increase your allowance...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fans are loud and true in the upper section at ATT. Fans in the lower section are just too rich, and too polite to cheer. The Baseline Bums of today is like watching a child in a Halloween pirate suit verses the real Blackbeard. That's not really a slam on today's group but rather a recognition of how bad ass they were in the day. The whole thing sometimes seems to be just too choreographed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tell your mom to increase your allowance...
    Ok I will do that. Thank you for the obvious solution.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I preferred the rowdiness of the Alamaodome. Better for playoffs 36,00 fans or more (Yes I know it wasn't "feasible", too cavernous, etc all the other cliched responses),

Those were the days. Minus Stan Kelly's sorry ass weak annoying voice. Glad he's gone.

Whatever happened to Kelly? Did he quit? Or did he get fired?
    Alamodome Playoffs > ATT Center Playoffs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Awesome. ATT definitely deserves it.

It is what it is. Mark in Austin's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Once inside I have no complaints, but it really sucks that the arena is in the middle of nowhere. Nothing beat Hemisfair's location being downtown and within walking distance of restaurants, etc.

Thread Information