Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah its scary to think that behind the booboo account is an actual person

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I see these kinds of archive threads and think the OP must be a recluse in a wheel chair with some level of autism. That's not even ad hom. It's a fact.
    What's a fact? That you think Boutons is an autistic recluse in a wheelchair? That's a nifty fact.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah its scary to think that behind the booboo account is an actual person
    What scary about a dyed in the wool liberal ideologue?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mazzant is also the judge who dismissed the suit against Dan Patrick.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I see these kinds of archive threads and think the OP must be a recluse in a wheel chair with some level of autism. That's not even ad hom. It's a fact.
    You Lie. But with your lover boy Don The Con now, all facts are lies. Words don't matter for you Repug assholes.

And of course, you have nothing to say about the FACT of Mazzant screwing Ms of people out of $100Ms.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What's a fact? That you think Boutons is an autistic recluse in a wheelchair? That's a nifty fact.
    Yes that's it

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The next four years are shaping up as a disaster for organized labor

Trump is poised to roll back key protections, and the head of the House labor committee doubts whether unions should exist at all.

Trump has yet to select a Labor Department head, but the rumored shortlist for this position does not include any union-friendly names.

The name that pops up most frequently is Andrew Puzder, currently the CEO of the parent company that owns fast food chains Carl’s Jr. and Hardee’s.

Puzder opposes a higher minimum wage, and said last year that he would “like to try” replacing fast food workers with automated kiosks because “government [is] driving up the cost of labor.”

picking a fast food executive to run the Labor Department would send a clear message regarding Trump’s priorities. Even by the anemic standards of modern private sector unionism, very few fast food workers in the United States are union members; but a nationwide, union-backed campaign called Fight for $15 has spent the past few years trying to raise wages and encourage unionism in the industry through targeted strikes and protests.

He has yet to give many specifics on which orders he would rescind, but they could very well include that tightened oversight regarding alleged wage theft in federally contracted workplaces and lifted wages for federally contracted employees.

https://thinkprogress.org/trump-orga...974#.tfnjgluk6

=================

Trump violates federal labor law, refuses to negotiate with his Vegas workers’ union

The National Labor Relations Board ruling against Trump comes in the final days of the presidential election.

https://thinkprogress.org/trump-viol...8e2#.lf23jy0j1

=====================

Trash's low-wage, low-info voters are going to be poorer, sicker, deader by 2020.

My guess is Repugs will also go further in destroying jobs by more attacks on USPS, which plays an important role in rural communities.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The worst right wing dumbasseries is their anti unionism. It has no defense of any type, it is very simply "the person who pays you any amount of money should get the benefit of the doubt always."

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The American Dream, Quantified at Last

They’ve constructed a data set that shows the percentage of American children who earn more money — and less money — than their parents earned at the same age.

The index is deeply alarming. It’s a portrait of an economy that disappoints a huge number of people who have heard that they live in a country where life gets better, only to experience something quite different.

Their frustration helps explain not only this year’s disturbing presidential campaign but also Americans’ growing distrust of nearly every major societal ins ution, including the federal government, corporate America, labor unions, the news media and organized religion.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/08/op...ht-region&_r=0

And NOTHING and NOBODY from Trash and the Repugs will improve the 95%'s economics.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why Are Children Less Likely to Earn More Than Their Parents These Day?

What they found was that children who reached age 30 in 1970 were 91 percent likely to have higher incomes than their parents.

However, children who reached age 30 in 2010 were only 50 percent more likely to have higher incomes than their parents.

Why the decline? To demonstrate the answer, I have two charts for you.

Here they are, with explanations below:

http://www.motherjones.com/kevin-dru...ents-these-day

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Repugs will over Labor to enrich Capital every time

Not so fast, state-level Republicans say to local minimum wage increases and sick leave laws

The legislation aims to block Cleveland, one of Ohio’s largest and poorest cities, from unilaterally boosting wages for its low-wage workers. According to U.S. census data, 35,000 Clevelanders work full-time for less than $15 an hour, and 50 percent of those workers are black.

After the Cleveland City Council rejected a both a Fight for 15 campaign lobbying effort to pass a $15 minimum wage in August and an attempt to get the issue on the November ballot, labor advocates succeeded in securing a special election for May2017.

Voters will decide whether to establish a $12 minimum wage beginning in 2018, with annual one-dollar increases up to $15 over three years and cost-of-living-indexed increases thereafter.

More than 20 mostly red states have passed preemption laws banning local minimum-wage increases, according to NELP. [...]

Outgoing North Carolina Governor Pat McCrory’s infamous “bathroom bill,” which curbed equal-protection advances for gay and transgender people, also included a provision that prohibited cities and counties from mandating higher minimum wages for private employers.

Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker launched the first major Republican preemption effort in 2011 when he signed legislation that prevented localities from requiring mandatory paid sick time.

The move retroactively voided a paid-sick-days ballot measure that Milwaukee voters had overwhelmingly approved in 2008.

With Congress in Republican hands, states and cities are the only path to improving conditions for working people through minimum wage increases, paid sick leave, and more.
    Republicans and ALEC are looking to put a stop to that.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2017/0...28Daily+Kos%29

Repugs voters elected Repug to over voters at every possible chance.

Being poor, depressed, substance abusing, suicidal are its own reward for being hateful, bigoted, xenophobic, gun fellatin, paranoid, and self-impoverishing.

Last edited by boutons_deux; 08-25-2017 at 08:14 AM.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ LOL at the whole conservative argument that their ideology is about localizing government when you see like this repeatedly coming down from the state level.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ LOL at the whole conservative argument that their ideology is about localizing government when you see like this repeatedly coming down from the state level.
    localized only to red/state level, aka "states rights, federalism", not to the municipal level.

If Repugs lips are moving ( d dummies to the VRWC ventriloquists ), they're LYING, always.

Repugs/VRWC are relentlessly, aggressively pro-capital, anti-labor, while counting on their voters to be so stupid and ignorant as to screw themselves while voting "social" issues.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Capital's hit destroying Labor and good jobs

Why Workers Everywhere Should Be Scared by Kentucky’s Assault on Unions

Workers should be preparing to push back as the Republicans who control the White House and the Congress bring their anti-union agenda to Washington.

“A lot of working people voted for change in this election,” argued Bill Finn, the director of the Kentucky State Building and Construction Trades Council. “They didn’t vote for this. They didn’t vote for a pay cut.” you got ed, stupid

“The weakening of unions by so-called ‘right to work’ laws, has been shown to reduce wages and benefits overall in the states where such laws have been enacted. This cannot be seen as contributing to the common good.”

No one should be fooled by this president-elect’s attempts to portray himself as a friend of workers.

Trump and Pence were elected on
    a militantly anti-labor Republican platform that is dismissive of the federal minimum wage,

declaring (in a stance similar to the one Trump appears to have evolved toward) that decisions about base hourly wages “should be handled at the state and local level.”

It endorses the anti-union “right-to-work” laws enacted by Republican governors such as Walker, and calls for taking the anti-union crusade national with a proposal “for a national law” along “right-to-work” lines.

The 2016 GOP platform also

attacks the use of the Fair Labor Standard Act to protect workers;

rips the use of Project Labor Agreements to raise wages and improve working conditions; and

proposes to gut the 85-year-old Davis-Bacon Act, which guarantees “prevailing wage” pay for workers on federal projects.

https://www.thenation.com/article/wh...ult-on-unions/

I told y'all, the bogus "white working class" and other poor Trash voters gonna be WORSE OFF by 2020, starting ASAP.

Last edited by boutons_deux; 02-08-2017 at 06:46 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Iowa lawmakers champion bill to limit public-sector unions

Iowa lawmakers considered legislation on Wednesday to limit the powers of public-sector unions to negotiate for state and local employees, restrictions similar to those enacted in Wisconsin and Michigan despite huge protests.

Republicans in Iowa have gained an important advantage in pushing for legislation to rein in public-sector salaries and benefits after gaining control of the state Senate in last November’s election. Republicans also control the state House of Representatives.

Iowa Republican Governor Terry Branstad supports the legislation, which if approved, would see Iowa join Wisconsin and Michigan in imposing restrictions on public-sector unions in the past decade. Branstad said the measure was needed to save money for the state.

Many Southern states have long limited collective bargaining by public-sector workers.

http://www.rawstory.com/2017/02/iowa...e+Raw+Story%29

the slave states have a long, nasty history being ty on "labor"

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Walmart Is Accused of Punishing Workers for Sick Days

Walmart, the nation’s largest private employer, routinely refuses to accept doctors’ notes, penalizes workers who need to take care of a sick family member and otherwise punishes employees for lawful absences.

The report, based on a survey of more than 1,000 employees, accuses Walmart of violating the Americans with Disabilities Act and the Family and Medical Leave Act, among other worker-protection laws.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/01/business/walmart-workers-sick-days.html?partner=rss&emc=rss

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    non-compete agreements screw employees, even for sandwhich/submarine shop employees

I learned the hard way why non-competes are bad for journalists

https://www.cjr.org/business_of_news...journalism.php

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump administration sides with employers in Supreme Court labor case

The Trump administration on Friday sided with employers in a Supreme Court case over the rights of workers to bring class action lawsuits against companies, court do ents showed.

Reversing a position staked out earlier by the Obama administration, which backed employees, the administration said in a court filing it would no longer defend the position of the National Labor Relations Board (NLRB) that employment agreements requiring workers to waive their rights to bring class action claims are invalid.

The waivers compel workers to individually arbitrate disputes with their employers rather than bring collective lawsuits with their co-workers.

The NLRB, an independent agency in the federal government, said in letter to the court on Thursday that its own lawyer would represent the board in the employees' class action rights case.

It is unusual for the government to change positions in a case already pending at the Supreme Court, and marks a sharp break from the administration of former President Barack Obama, a Democrat, which had originally pursued the case on behalf of the NLRB.

Workers argue that pursuing their cases individually is prohibitively expensive and, without the prospect of large damages awards that class action litigation can lead to, lawyers will be deterred from taking their cases.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-us...litics+News%29

Trash's Exec sides with Capital against Labor.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump picks Republican lawyer Kaplan for US labor board

The NLRB, which oversees union elections and disputes between workers, unions, and employers, has been controlled by Democrats for nearly a decade, and they currently have a 2-1 majority with two vacancies.

The board, when fully stocked, includes three members from the president’s party and two from the opposing party. Under Trump, lawyers and business groups expect the board to roll back a series of policy changes adopted during the administration of former President Barack Obama.

Chief among those was a 2015 decision that expanded the cir stances in which a company is considered a “joint employer” liable for legal violations by contractors, staffing agencies, and franchisees.

The NLRB is also expected to revisit new rules designed to speed up the union election process that business groups say favor unions, and decisions allowing workers to use company email accounts to organize and to picket on employers’ private property.

Business groups including the National Restaurant Association and International Franchise Association praised the nomination, saying Kaplan and a second nominee who Trump is expected to name this week would

bring more balance to the board.

http://www.rawstory.com/2017/06/trum...s-labor-board/

Capital and BigCorp gonna Labor real good.

Last edited by boutons_deux; 08-25-2017 at 08:15 AM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Republicans in Several States Are Lowering the Minimum Wage

In Missouri, Republicans just passed a law overturning a local measure passed by the city of St. Louis that had raised the minimum wage to $10 per hour.

The new law will prohibit counties and cities within Missouri from creating their own minimum wage laws. It will also roll back the St. Louis minimum hourly wage to the statewide floor of $7.70.

Iowa Republicans managed to roll back mandatory pay increases passed by local jurisdictions. It was the first time such a law had ever been passed,

Kentucky's Supreme Court overturned a 2014 Louisville ordinance that would have raised the city's minimum wage to $9 an hour. In a 6-1 ruling, the court ruled that the local law violated the state cons ution.

Free-market advocates
    (aka anti-Labor warriors) and restaurant industry representatives (aka anti-Labor warriors) argue that adding tips onto a full minimum wage will cripple many food establishments by forcing them to raise prices or reduce staffing levels.

Republicans in Maine have also been successful at changing local minimum wage laws.

President Donald Trump appeared to support raising the minimum wage requirement to $10 an hour. Since he assumed office, however, Trump has made no movement toward promoting the idea. Just another Trash LIE

74 percent of respondents favored increasing the federal minimum wage to $10 per hour.

Even 58 percent of self-identified Republicans supported the higher wage.

http://www.truth-out.org/news/item/4...ead-that-right

Human-Americans who poll in favor of raising minimum are ignored, because only Corporate-Americans' checks are acted upon.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Abuses hide in the silence of non-disparagement agreements

As more harassment allegations come to light, employment lawyers say nondisparagement agreements have helped enable a culture of secrecy.

In particular, the
    tech start-up world has been roiled by accounts of workplace sexual harassment, and nondisparagement clauses have played a significant role in keeping those accusations secret. Harassers move on and harass again.

Women have no way of knowing their history.

Nor do future employers or business partners.

Nondisparagement clauses are not limited to legal settlements.

They are increasingly found in standard employment contracts in many industries, sometimes in a simple offer letter that helps to create a blanket of silence around a company.

Their use has become particularly widespread in tech employment contracts, from venture investment firms and start-ups to the biggest companies in Silicon Valley, including Google.

Employees increasingly "have to give up their cons utional right to speak freely about their experiences if they want to be part of the work force,"

"The silence sends a message: Men's jobs are more important than women's lives."

new hires signed an employment contract that included the clause that "employee shall not disparage the company,"

Binary used the nondisparagement provision in her employment contract to threaten her and prevent her from talking about why she had quit her job.

The nondisparagement clause made it "hard for employees to 'speak up' about inappropriate or illegal conduct,"

"Companies wave the agreements around and use them to force a settlement and make the problem go away,"

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/07/21/abuse...greements.html

non-disparament agreements, non-compete agreements (for a sandwich shop) Capital ing Labor at every chance.

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/07/21/abuses-hide-in-the-silence-of-non-disparagement-agreements.html

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For most workers, real wages have barely budged for decades

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank...d-for-decades/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The is VRWC?

Veteran
    My Team