Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Soft Like Twinkie Filling Juggity's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One spot ahead of Staples

Link for full list

1. AT&T Center - Home of the San Antonio Spurs
        For the first time, we have the home of the San Antonio Spurs in our top spot for best NBA arena experience. When the AT&T Center hosts a San Antonio Spurs game, fans find out that that perfection is attainable. Whether it’s the immaculately clean arena (from seating areas, to concourse, to restrooms), the wide variety of concession items, or the passionate Spurs fanbase, there’s little doubt that your visit to the AT&T Center will be one of the best sporting experiences you’ve ever had.
      2. Staples Center - Home of the Los Angeles Lakers
        In recent years, the Staples Center has seemingly become the basketball capital of the world. With its futuristic look and cascading lights atop the arena, the venue has become one of the most identifiable in all of sports. It hosts not one, but two NBA franchises and can facilitate a home game for both the Lakers and Los Angeles Clippers in the same day! Opened in 1999, the Lakers would gain even more of a Los Angeles iden y, moving to the downtown Staples Center, a venue which has acted as the keystone of the downtown revitalization. The arena wasted no time making its mark on professional sports, as the Lakers won the NBA championship in its opening season.
      3. Amway Center - Home of the Orlando Magic
        If having a gorgeous place to watch a game is why you come to the place, then it is outstanding. It is very upscale, even if you are in the cheap seats. The employees there are among the friendliest stadium workers in the business. They really go out of their way. They have something for everyone, including a play area for the little kids. Even outside the arena, walking in and going up the escalators to your seats is impressive. The streets are clean and the arena is lit up in Magic Blue lights. The lobby looks like something you'd find in an airport. For "WOW" it is hard to beat.
      4. Barclays Center - Home of the Brooklyn Nets
        It took over eight years from inception, but the Barclays Center is everything that people expected and hoped for. With a successful team in the making, the Brooklyn Nets have found a new arena to call their own; one that has everything to offer for a fan of the game. The nights of an empty arena at the Prudential Center are officially over, as the Nets have something to be proud of...and it starts at home.
      5. Toyota Center - Home of the Houston Rockets
        New in 2012 is the installation of the largest arena video scoreboard in the nation. The atmosphere inside Toyota Center is beyond entertaining whether it’s Clutch the Rockets Bear pulling a prank on an unsuspecting fan, the Rockets Power Dancers drawing all eyes on the court, the Red Rowdies raising the decibel level, or new young talent like James Harden, Jeremy Lin, and Omer Asik. All things considered, Toyota Center is one of the top sports venues nationwide and worthy of a visit from sports fans of all kinds.
      6. Wells Fargo Center - Home of the Philadelphia 76ers
        Wherever you are sitting in the Wells Fargo Center, the first thing you may notice is the great balance that the venue has. There's the intimacy of a small venue combined with the feeling, noise-level and look of a huge stadium. You will be connected to the game and the experience wherever your seat may be.
      7. Staples Center - Home of the Los Angeles Clippers
        As you walk into the arena, you begin to feel the Clipper environment. The fans are clad in red and blue colors. As you walk towards your seats through the black curtains, you'll see the court is now surrounded by red and the paint is colored blue. The open wall space throughout the interior of the arena is covered by Clippers banners. The upper wall space in corners of the arena has projection Clippers logos and the ridiculously impressive scoreboard is now flashing red and blue. The public address announcer, David Courtney, will soon welcome you to Clipper basketball and you'll be in for an entirely different experience than the other LA-based basketball team presents.
      8. Chesapeake Energy Arena - Home of the Oklahoma City Thunder
        When the arena was built, it only met minimum NBA and NHL specifications, lacking more costly amenities such as luxury boxes as there was no guarantee of a major league tenant. However, the facility had the ability to add such features should a professional sports team relocate to the city. While the Supersonics acquisition was being negotiated, the local government placed a sales tax initiative on the city election ballot which passed by a 62% to 38% margin. This tax extension funded the new amenities, which were completed in 2009 and left the arena as one of the best in the NBA.
      9. Pepsi Center - Home of the Denver Nuggets
        As the Pepsi Center moves into its second decade of use, the arena remains state-of-the-art both inside and out. Located in the heart of Denver, Pepsi is definitely the center of attention on many Colorado nights and the stunning multi-use arena is befitting the beautiful capital of the Centennial State. It is home of the NBA's Denver Nuggets, the NHL's Colorado Avalanche, the NLL's Colorado Mammoth, and it regularly hosts the world's biggest musical performers when they come to town.
      10. Madison Square Garden - Home of the New York Knicks
        When you attend a Knicks game, the building is usually electric. Unlike most modern arenas, the crowd is always into the game without being necessarily prodded on. The seating bowl has been changed downstairs so now there are more seats that are closer together which creates an even more intimate setting. With the Knicks playing better in recent years, the team feeds off the fans. New Yorkers have a reputation of being fickle at times. When the team does well, they're right behind them. When that happens, the stage is second to none. If the product on the court isn't at its best, people get entertained by the Knicks City Dancers as well as by the 7th Avenue Squad who shoot t-shirts into the crowd and they also pump up the spectators during timeouts.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One spot ahead of Staples
    Edit: one spot AND six spots ahead!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that new San Francisco arena gonna blow away everyone (next year?)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol no ing way, I hate going there. It's so ing cramped and hot in there.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've always been blown away by the atmosphere in the AT&T Center during Spurs games. They do a fantastic job of pumping you up. The music never stops. The stadium is always packed and everyone is really loud. It's great. The Lakers stadium seemed more like a morgue. The Heat don't play ANY music at ALL and their fans show up really late. The Thunder and Warriors seats are simply packed closer together, and they put a jersey on everyone's seat so it looks like there are more people there. Going to Spurs games is just plain out fun, win or lose, because of the energy in the arena. I agree with this article. We do have the #1 stadium.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm surprised by this, I never been there, but I would have thought Barclays just for the "newness" and the amount of money put into that place.

808s & Heartbreak Kool Bob Love's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol no ing way, I hate going there. It's so ing cramped and hot in there.
    SA fans are some of the worst in the league. Almost any NBA arena gets louder than SA. They should have moved the franchise, let Duncan play in a real city.
    that new San Francisco arena gonna blow away everyone (next year?)
    Damn ST gotta be 70% female.

I mean yall always ing about something.

Back to the thread topic....this is GREAT.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Of course they're #1. What other team charges more to park your tractor than season court side seats?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've always been blown away by the atmosphere in the AT&T Center during Spurs games. They do a fantastic job of pumping you up. The music never stops. The stadium is always packed and everyone is really loud. It's great. The Lakers stadium seemed more like a morgue. The Heat don't play ANY music at ALL and their fans show up really late. The Thunder and Warriors seats are simply packed closer together, and they put a jersey on everyone's seat so it looks like there are more people there. Going to Spurs games is just plain out fun, win or lose, because of the energy in the arena. I agree with this article. We do have the #1 stadium.
    Can someone from San Antonio vouch for this? I always wonder about the crowd because on television it does seem like OKC/GS have more fans who show up. Always wondered if it was just an illusion since San Antonio seems to never give out t shirts. It didn't make sense to me given the team's success over the last decade in a half and the lack of other professional sports in town.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Of course they're #1. What other team charges more to park your tractor than season court side seats?
    That was like the Dwight Howard of jokes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn ST gotta be 70% female.

I mean yall always ing about something.

Back to the thread topic....this is GREAT.
    shut up got

just pointint out this will probably blow everything else out of the water

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only thing I don't like is that the stairs in the upper sections (all I can afford) are steep as . Always get vertigo walking down.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Too bad it's in a ty neighborhood. Wish they would have found a way to stay downtown.

808s & Heartbreak Kool Bob Love's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    shut up got

just pointint out this will probably blow everything else out of the water
    They haven't even built that yet so why even bring it up? Its this year not 3 years from now puto.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    que the video of the laker/spurs fan fight in the hall of the AT&T Center.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TBH there's too many cows at the ATT center for my liking. And that's not even during the rodeo

Less is More
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurfans use to be great during the Alamodome days
    now there pretty conservative for a crowd
    and we still get too many Boston/Miami/Laker/Chicago fans showing up for my liking tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can someone from San Antonio vouch for this? I always wonder about the crowd because on television it does seem like OKC/GS have more fans who show up. Always wondered if it was just an illusion since San Antonio seems to never give out t shirts. It didn't make sense to me given the team's success over the last decade in a half and the lack of other professional sports in town.
    I don't think the atmosphere is all that great. Other than a close game, the crowd seems calm (relative). People get louder for the free tshirts they give out during time outs and when the play "Sweet Caroline". Fans shouldn't rely on the PA guy to know when to cheer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurfans use to be great during the Alamodome days
    now there pretty conservative for a crowd
    and we still get too many Boston/Miami/Laker/Chicago fans showing up for my liking tbh
    yea winning a few championships will do that to a fan base, they become less hungry for it imo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nice, the AT&T Center really is a top notch arena. There isn't a bad seat in the house, although i stay away from behind the basket seats, but i feel that way about any arena. Up top in the corners is one of my favorite places to sit, and you can get tickets up there for literally a couple bucks most games. I agree with it being really clean, having good variety of food choices, etc... I love all the Spurs stuff throughout the arena too. The trophies when you walk in the main entrance, and all those paintings and team photos when you walk in downstairs.

I guess our fans can be boring at times (product of being used to being so good for so long, and expecting to beat most teams most nights during the RS) but overall we collectively have a good knowledge of the game, and when the games/moments get big, the crowd still gets LOUD. It's true it can't beat the rowdy atmosphere of Alamodome playoff games tho.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The only thing I dislike about the AT&T Center is that it's not all that nice of an external design. It's kind of like Lucas Oil Stadium (where the Indianapolis Colts play,) but even Lucas Oil Stadium looks nicer.

Coming Off The Bench TheGoldStandard's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hemisphere was the real deal, Alamodome was loud and AT&T Center is nice but very conservative crowd.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The only thing I dislike about the AT&T Center is that it's not all that nice of an external design. It's kind of like Lucas Oil Stadium (where the Indianapolis Colts play,) but even Lucas Oil Stadium looks nicer.
    Had to match the ugliness of the surrounding area tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    AT&T is my least favorite of the 3 arenas in Texas. How they placed it #1 is a mystery to me.

...the wide variety of concession items...
    ???

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    AT&T is my least favorite of the 3 arenas in Texas.
    I haven't been to the arena in Dallas, but the Toyota Center in Houston is a superior facility to the AT&T Center

When was the last time you took a tour of what is available? To their credit, they did add a number of new concession possibilities this season. Most notably, the local food trucks that set up in the Bud Light Courtyard for each game.

Thread Information