Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://news.yahoo.com/raid-western-m...162726079.html

http://www.fbi.gov/minneapolis/press...-in-montevideo

MINNEAPOLIS (Reuters) - Authorities disrupted a terror plot and possibly saved lives when they raided a home in western Minnesota last week and recovered several guns including an assault rifle and explosive devices, the FBI said on Monday.

Federal, state and local law enforcement officers on Friday descended on the property, in Montevideo, Minnesota, where they arrested one man and recovered weapons and explosives after executing a search warrant, the FBI said in a statement.

Buford Rogers, 24, was arrested without incident and was charged with being a felon in possession of a firearm, according to a criminal complaint filed with federal court in Minnesota, the FBI said.

The FBI statement did not provide details of the suspected plot. Montevideo is about 130 miles west of Minneapolis near the South Dakota border.

"The FBI believes that a terror attack was disrupted by law enforcement personnel and that the lives of several local residents were potentially saved," the FBI statement said.

"The terror plot was discovered and subsequently thwarted through the timely analysis of intelligence and through the cooperation and coordination between the aforementioned agencies."

According to the criminal complaint, sworn by an FBI agent assigned to a squad that investigates domestic terrorism, Rogers was convicted of felony burglary in 2011 and admitted to firing the assault rifle twice recently at a gun range.

As a convicted felon, Rogers could not legally possess a firearm that has been transported across state or international boundaries, the complaint said. It described the assault rifle as a Romanian model AK-M.
    The steady drumbeat of terrorism goes on.

(UPDATE)
    2. The suspect allegedly had militia ties and believed in conspiracy theories

According to NBC News' Pete Williams and Daniel Arkin, Rogers has ties to an as yet unidentified militia group. ABC News, citing Montevideo Police Chief Adam Christopher, said Rogers had formed an organization called the Black Snake Militia.

According to the Minneapolis Star Tribune, Rogers has a social media footprint that's heavy on conspiracy theories about big government taking away citizens' rights.
    From the Star Tribune:

"The NWO [New World Order] has taken all your freedoms the right to bear arms freedom of speach freedom of the press ..." read one profanity-punctuated message.

"ever one better get your guns ready cuz there comeing FEMA" and "The war is here tsa agents are doing random cheeks and shooting people for no reson," read others.

Photos in his Facebook account show him with various firearms, along with several people with guns and wearing clown makeup. [Star Tribune]

A neighbor of Rogers' who spoke with the Star Tribune added that Rogers sometimes talked about "white supremacist stuff."
    Unsurprising, to say the least.
    Last edited by RandomGuy; 05-07-2013 at 10:39 AM. Reason: update

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    RG determined to let us know about the massive threat posed by dangerous right-wing extremists.

Thanks, RG

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    not a terror plot, unless al-Buford had a political objective. FBI simply padding their stats in the terrorist column, to along with the majority of terrorists they encouraged, paid, armed, and entrapped.

keep asking questions George Gervin's Afro's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    RG determined to let us know about the massive threat posed by dangerous right-wing extremists.

Thanks, RG
    I assume you are pleased that this guy was stopped..right?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I assume you are pleased that this guy was stopped..right?
    Lots of these type of plots are disrupted and we never hear about it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To answer your question, yes, I'm glad it was stopped.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thanks, RG
    What makes you think this is a right-wing extremist?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    stopped from what? what crime?

"possibly saving lives" FBI believes its own press releases.

Scrumtrulescent
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The important thing to remember here is that it's the policies of elected leaders I disagree with which allowed this to happen.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    What makes you think this is a right-wing extremist?
    Well, RG has been on a bit of a right-wing extremist tear lately.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thanks, RG
    Your commentary, not mine. I offered no opinion, as there is not enough information to draw any conclusions yet.

Does right-wing terrorism concern you?

Do you think right-wing terrorism is more, or less common than it was 10 or 20 years ago?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, RG has been on a bit of a right-wing extremist tear lately.
    Indeed. I have taken pains to point it out, because it seems no few people here don't seem to know about it, but readily point to recent muslim terrorism as some huge problem.

"muslim = budding terrorist", based on a few datapoints.

The same logic or standards of evidence though, applied to whites, or right-wing christian extremist groups, doesn't seem to apply. Christianity is given a pass for some reason, that does not seem overly rational to me.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Indeed. I have taken pains to point it out, because it seems no few people here don't seem to know about it, but readily point to recent muslim terrorism as some huge problem.

"muslim = budding terrorist", based on a few datapoints.

The same logic or standards of evidence though, applied to whites, or right-wing christian extremist groups, doesn't seem to apply. Such people are given a pass for some reason, that is not overly rational to me.
    Avante is not representative of...well, anyone really.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Avante is not representative of...well, anyone really.
    Actually, until recently I would sort of have included myself in that category.

Given Avante's comments, I went looking at other types of terrorism, and I was kind of surprised how much real terrorism has taken place in this country at the hands of christian/right-wing extremists. You just don't hear about a lot of it, as it gets lumped into the general category of overall criminality, and we don't think of the KKK as a terrorist organisation.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Actually, until recently I would sort of have included myself in that category.

Given Avante's comments, I went looking at other types of terrorism, and I was kind of surprised how much real terrorism has taken place in this country at the hands of christian/right-wing extremists. You just don't hear about a lot of it, as it gets lumped into the general category of overall criminality, and we don't think of the KKK as a terrorist organisation.

FBI's most wanted domestic terrorists.

All lefties

http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/dt

You're welcome

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    er probably just had some tannerite.

FBI is way overrated. I worked with them as a consultant one time and some of them were just bum- ing stupid.

Holder has been dying to bust some stupid redneck and call him a terrorist.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    er probably just had some tannerite.

FBI is way overrated. I worked with them as a consultant one time and some of them were just bum- ing stupid.

Holder has been dying to bust some stupid redneck and call him a terrorist.

RG has been hoping for this too.

CC -- what do you think of that 3d printed handgun?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Didn't really pay attention to the thread. 3D printing is a cool technology for prototyping but not so much for manufacturing IMHO.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They raided a trailer and it wasn't even a doublewide.

I mean maybe they were going for incognito but if that is the best effort of the militia movement then I am not particularly worried.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They raided a trailer and it wasn't even a doublewide.

I mean maybe they were going for incognito but if that is the best effort of the militia movement then I am not particularly worried.
    That was the best effort of Eric Holder to personify the Great White Terror Threat. He has to distract attention from what the real Islamic sucker terrorists have been up to.

Check it out. Look if you dare. It's ing ugly.

http://cryptome.org/2013-info/04/bos...ston-bombs.htm
    Last edited by CosmicCowboy; 05-06-2013 at 06:05 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have no interest in the political namedropping angle.

Chechnyan insurrection is a different animal than arabic sunni is a different animal than domestic sedition.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have no interest in the political namedropping angle.

Chechnyan insurrection is a different animal than arabic sunni is a different animal than domestic sedition.
    @ trying to categorize this as Chechnyan insurrection.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    @ trying to categorize this as Chechnyan insurrection.
    Well initial reports indicate that the radicalization occurred in daegestan with chechnyan refugees. That is the root ideology. That is a different animal than the arabic sunni stuff. The far right militia whackjobs are a completely different set.

Either way, I get bored with the washington for tat namedropping bull that you seem to eat up.

ERIC HOLDER HILLARY CLINTON BARACK OBAMA ERIC HOLDER HILLARY CLINTON BARACK OBAMA ERIC HOLDER HILLARY CLINTON BARACK OBAMA ERIC HOLDER HILLARY CLINTON BARACK OBAMA ERIC HOLDER HILLARY CLINTON BARACK OBAMA ERIC HOLDER HILLARY CLINTON BARACK OBAMA ERIC HOLDER HILLARY CLINTON BARACK OBAMA ERIC HOLDER HILLARY CLINTON BARACK OBAMA ERIC HOLDER HILLARY CLINTON BARACK OBAMA ERIC HOLDER HILLARY CLINTON BARACK OBAMA ERIC HOLDER HILLARY CLINTON BARACK OBAMA ERIC HOLDER HILLARY CLINTON BARACK OBAMA ERIC HOLDER HILLARY CLINTON BARACK OBAMA ERIC HOLDER HILLARY CLINTON BARACK OBAMA ERIC HOLDER HILLARY CLINTON BARACK OBAMA ERIC HOLDER HILLARY CLINTON BARACK OBAMA ERIC HOLDER HILLARY CLINTON BARACK OBAMA ERIC HOLDER HILLARY CLINTON BARACK OBAMA ERIC HOLDER HILLARY CLINTON BARACK OBAMA ERIC HOLDER HILLARY CLINTON BARACK OBAMA ERIC HOLDER HILLARY CLINTON BARACK OBAMA ERIC HOLDER HILLARY CLINTON BARACK OBAMA ERIC HOLDER HILLARY CLINTON BARACK OBAMA ERIC HOLDER HILLARY CLINTON BARACK OBAMA ERIC HOLDER HILLARY CLINTON BARACK OBAMA ERIC HOLDER HILLARY CLINTON BARACK OBAMA ERIC HOLDER HILLARY CLINTON BARACK OBAMA ERIC HOLDER HILLARY CLINTON BARACK OBAMA ERIC HOLDER HILLARY CLINTON BARACK OBAMA ERIC HOLDER HILLARY CLINTON BARACK OBAMA ERIC HOLDER HILLARY CLINTON BARACK OBAMA ERIC HOLDER HILLARY CLINTON BARACK OBAMA ERIC HOLDER HILLARY CLINTON BARACK OBAMA

It only serves to hide what is really going on and gives a simple easy target to go after. the bureaucracy especially the NSA, HSA types are career types that go under the radar while you get butt ed with GOP rhetoric.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    FBI's most wanted domestic terrorists.

All lefties

http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/dt

You're welcome
    FAIL.

You suck at the internets.

Thread Information