Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What else would it be?
    I know a couple of people who bought international versions of flagship phones online without knowing what version they got and wondering after why they couldn't get LTE connections (and even 3G sometimes) on AT&T.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know a couple of people who bought international versions of flagship phones online without knowing what version they got and wondering after why they couldn't get LTE connections (and even 3G sometimes) on AT&T.
    I think lte was one of the main reasons he got the photon

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Its the version that Sprint sells so it should be fine. I don't think any other version will work on their network. I don't have a SIM card like AT&T users.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Went back to stock touchwiz and just rooted it. CM didn't seem to be as good anymore and my S3 - for whatever reason - had more trouble picking up a signal with CM.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Went back to stock touchwiz and just rooted it. CM didn't seem to be as good anymore and my S3 - for whatever reason - had more trouble picking up a signal with CM.
    Were you using pure CM or one of the ROMs based off it? Personally I can'tr use CM anymore after trying more customizable CM-based ROMs like RootBox, Slimbean, Xylon, etc.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just pure CM. Just seemed TOO basic. I loved it back in the day because it improved battery life and made things run faster but touchwiz runs really fast as it is and battery life seems even with either. Still have a custom recovery so I could always try new things.

BTW rooting is so much easier on this than on the Moment. It wasn't too hard on the HTC Hero if I remember correctly either. The s3 was ridiculously easy though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Look for the most complete TW based custom ROM

Basically you keep stock TW cool features, but with more tweaks and better battery

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    lefty

Friend gonna root One S finally .

Did you need to achieve S-OFF first?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lefty

Friend gonna root One S finally .

Did you need to achieve S-OFF first?
    Holy forgot about your friend

No S-OFF is not required

- Root with AIO toolkit, for the One S get TWRP instead of CWM; I know you dont like the former, but fot the One S, TRUST ME, you want TWRP.

- Now, do A LOT of reading in the Development thread, because you may have to update the firmware in order to run the latest AOSP roms (because of the latest 3.4 CM kernel) .......... HOWEVER since his phone hasnt been rooted yet, he has probably received the latest firmware update ... if he hasn't check the OTA update in settings; once you have rooted, go to bootloader and check the HBOOT version : if it says 2.15, then you won't have to update the firmware

- As far as Sense ROMs go, Maximus HD has just been released .... Sense 5 and JB 4.2.2 ... ported from the One XL, since HTC won't release an official Sense 5-JB 4.2.2 for the One S ... lol gits .... this one also requires HBOOT 2.15.... there is also Magio ROM, which does not require HBOOT 2.15, but they just need to fix call-in audio issue.

- Achieving S-OFF is required if you want to flash a ROM without having to flash the kernel separately ... I'm on S-ON and I use an app from Play Store called "Flash image GUI" ... it saved my life; you can also flash the kernel manually by connecting the phone to PC and typing a CMD, but Flash Image GUI is easier

Now you see why I said " off" to HTC

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Holy forgot about your friend

No S-OFF is not required

- Root with AIO toolkit, for the One S get TWRP instead of CWM; I know you dont like the former, but fot the One S, TRUST ME, you want TWRP.

- Now, do A LOT of reading in the Development thread, because you may have to update the firmware in order to run the latest AOSP roms (because of the latest 3.4 CM kernel) .......... HOWEVER since his phone hasnt been rooted yet, he has probably received the latest firmware update ... if he hasn't check the OTA update in settings; once you have rooted, go to bootloader and check the HBOOT version : if it says 2.15, then you won't have to update the firmware

- As far as Sense ROMs go, Maximus HD has just been released .... Sense 5 and JB 4.2.2 ... ported from the One XL, since HTC won't release an official Sense 5-JB 4.2.2 for the One S ... lol gits .... this one also requires HBOOT 2.15.... there is also Magio ROM, which does not require HBOOT 2.15, but they just need to fix call-in audio issue.

- Achieving S-OFF is required if you want to flash a ROM without having to flash the kernel separately ... I'm on S-ON and I use an app from Play Store called "Flash image GUI" ... it saved my life; you can also flash the kernel manually by connecting the phone to PC and typing a CMD, but Flash Image GUI is easier

Now you see why I said " off" to HTC
    That's ed up. Sounds wrose than my X+, except you actually had ROMs to us after you unlock/root it.

He wanted to try it himself, no way that's happening, tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's ed up. Sounds wrose than my X+, except you actually had ROMs to us after you unlock/root it.

He wanted to try it himself, no way that's happening, tbh
    haha show him you are a REAL MAN !

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Will rooting get rid of these in the gmail app?

http://www.androidpolice.com/2013/10...-as-predicted/

I know you can delete the tabs and whatnot, and while I like teh new gmail inbox stuff, I absolutely hate the apps button in the new Chrome on PC.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    haha show him you are a REAL MAN !
    OMFG. I ing hate HTC One S

Froze when I installed AOSP rom, guess I didn't install the update.

Tried to install the update...failed. WTF? Do I have to SuperCID?

I'm ing drunk now...this is depressing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OMFG. I ing hate HTC One S

Froze when I installed AOSP rom, guess I didn't install the update.

Tried to install the update...failed. WTF? Do I have to SuperCID?

I'm ing drunk now...this is depressing.
    Wow .... I can see that my long ass post was useful

Got this from XDA :

So I should do it in this order:

- SuperCID
    - S-OFF
    - then flash 3.4

Yeah definitely get the new tool kit and just run a check first to make sure it's working good for you. I extracted the new tool kit and ran a quick check to see my CID the first time it did not work I had to move the folder to my C: drive root as I had it buried in my desktop, something was changed on the new version and it doesnt seem to like being buried in folders so I put it right on the C: drive. Do the same for the firmware update folder.
    2. S-OFF
    3. Firmware update

You and your obsession with AOSP

Just flash a Sense based ROM

What is the point of getting nice hardware and features ......... might as well just buy a Nexus

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Wow .... I can see that my long ass post was useful

Got this from XDA :

You and your obsession with AOSP

Just flash a Sense based ROM

What is the point of getting nice hardware and features ......... might as well just buy a Nexus
    he don't want sense. Otherwise he would've never agreed to do it. Anyways, I flash a sense ROM for now after sideloadong ROM in twrp. Jesus. 4 hours and too many beers.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Also, Hus hboot was 2.15 so didn't see why I had bootloop with aosp

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also, Hus hboot was 2.15 so didn't see why I had bootloop with aosp
    Weird

it should have worked...

if he has 2.15, then ignore my XDA steps

As I said in my long ass post (that you you should have read careflly), no need to update if the phone has 2.15

How did you flash the lolAOSP rom ?
    Also, could have been a bad download
    And did you check MD5 sum?
    Last edited by lefty; 10-19-2013 at 03:02 AM.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Weird

it should have worked...

if he has 2.15, then ignore my XDA steps

As I said in my long ass post (that you you should have read careflly), no need to update if the phone has 2.15

How did you flash the lolAOSP rom ?
    Also, could have been a bad download
    And did you check MD5 sum?
    LOL, I read your freaking post bro, don't know why you think I didn't. Still had issues (which others have had on XDA). Did all the steps, had no problem unlocking bootloader, installing recovery, rooting, etc. If I want to just install a Sense ROM I would've been done after 20 minutes.

The AOSP and kernel part is what screwed me over. I didn't update the firmware initially cuz I saw it has already had 2.15 (like I read in your post), but after I started to doubt myself (probably due to the beers) since it was bootlooping. I even tried to install Rogers/Fido original RUU but it gave me an "error 155" which i've seen on xda. Some people said SuperCID would fix that but I doubt it since the same people with the original error 155 had the same error while Super CIDing.

Anyways, he's running a rooted Sense ROM for now. When I figure out, I'll head back over.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ok then
    Good luck

Lolhtc

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My S3 is rooted with a stock rom. When Jelly Bean finally comes available for the S3 in a few weeks will I be able to get the update?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My S3 is rooted with a stock rom. When Jelly Bean finally comes available for the S3 in a few weeks will I be able to get the update?
    S3 already has JB

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well I meant the update to 4.3. I'm at 4.1.2 now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well I meant the update to 4.3. I'm at 4.1.2 now.
    I think you'll get the update but lose the root in the process

Ask @XDA forums
    Plus depending on your carrier, the update may come with a patch that makes rooting harder

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    lefty

New S4 ROMs for AOSP have all been unified
    No more different builds for Canadian, AT&T, T-mobile, Verizon, Cricket, Sprint, Etc

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lefty

New S4 ROMs for AOSP have all been unified
    No more different builds for Canadian, AT&T, T-mobile, Verizon, Cricket, Sprint, Etc
    Yes

that's good

Wait .... Cricket? there is a company named Cricket ?

Obviously there are enough good AOSP roms for each carrier, but now one can use any ROM

I dont care for AOSP anymore, but I know this is Christmas for you

Thread Information