Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is one of the all time ill-timed meltdowns from timvp I have ever seen. Spurs on one of the most epic runs with an awesome team chemistry & with MIA looking vulnerable. all the way. Respect dwindling.

Earth, Wind, and Fire. BlackSilver's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Awrright...a few thoughts:

1. I think TP is running the PnR at a better and different level than last year. Watching Indy run it against the Heat was painful. The ball handler almost always took off before the screener was even set. Moreover, the remaining 3 dudes just stood around. No motion, no cuts, no nothing. TP meanwhile has become a master at faking which way the screen is going to be.

2. The biggest factor to me is the extent to which Miami will be able to force the Spurs to play outside their comfort zone: making TP give up the ball, forcing Danny and Kawhi to drive and score, making Splitter rely on a post game, etc. I think TP is up to the task. I think Kawhi is up to the task a few times. The key will be whether the Spurs stay patient and mix things up in order to get the shots they want anyway. I was impressed how they did that against Memphis. I also liked how TP came up big against Golden State and their underrated defense, especially when Klay guarded him.

3. In that vein, I'm curious to see how they'll play Manu. Will they dare him to score instead of facilitate? I suspect they will. How will Manu respond? I'm a little concerned about his shot right now.

4. I like our chances if Miami doubles TD in the post. He's a great passer. Whereas Hibbert is n.o.t.

5. I think Danny and Kawhi combine to take Wade out of the series.

6. I think Splitter takes away Bosh's jumper.

7. I think James gets 30-35 a game. I think the Spurs will focus more on trying to prevent him shooting the long jumpers from his preferred left side of the floor.

8. I believe Battier will have a good series shooting-wise, but not defensively. I'm not so impressed with our ability right now to guard the corner 3 pointer which is his bread and butter. I think Miller and Allen will be ok but won't shoot lights out. I like our current defensive rotations much better than when we last played them.

9. Lastly, I think much of timvp's consternation stems from the horror show that was Pop's panic in last year's WCF. He subs uted in ways we hadn't seen all season. If he starts doing that, we're screwed. If he stays patient and lets Danny and Kawhi work through the tough times, I like our chances. Because there is no way we win without those two hitting timely three pointers and providing steady defense. In fact, I'd like one of those on the floor whenever Wade is in just to bottle him up. Which I think they can.

Spurs in 6.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    looks like timvp has been eating some israel guttierrez caldo lately

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    looks like timvp has been eating some israel guttierrez caldo lately

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't get the logic of anyone picking Spurs in 7, tbh. While it would be great to see (and heart attack-inducing), you're basically calling for something to happen that hasn't happened in baseball since 1979 and in basketball since 1978. It's almost impossible for a road team to win the a Final game 7.
    The Lakers did it in 2002. No one can say that Nets series was anything but a victory lap.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll support timvp here. People are forgetting the Spurs were gifted the finals appearance thanks to Westbrook's freak injury. This forum could very well be empty by now if the Spurs played the Thunder in the WCF. The Spurs also have yet to be tested in the playoffs. They faced a crappy Lakers in the first round full of drama and ready to implode. Then a very young and inexperienced Warriors team that gave away games in the second round. When the WCF came along, I thought the Spurs would finally be tested. But apparently, the Grizzlies inexplicably just rolled over and died. The Spurs have yet to face a championship level team and they'll meet their first one today. So it's pretty realistic to say no one knows what to expect and the Heat could very well dominate the series. The Heat proved themselves last year by taking out the Thunder and in the regular season in their 27 game win streak. They have what it takes to bring home another championship. Can we definitively say the same for the Spurs? Not really.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll support timvp here. People are forgetting the Spurs were gifted the finals appearance thanks to Westbrook's freak injury. This forum could very well be empty by now if the Spurs played the Thunder in the WCF. The Spurs also have yet to be tested in the playoffs. They faced a crappy Lakers in the first round full of drama and ready to implode. Then a very young and inexperienced Warriors team that gave away games in the second round. When the WCF came along, I thought the Spurs would finally be tested. But apparently, the Grizzlies inexplicably just rolled over and died. The Spurs have yet to face a championship level team and they'll meet their first one today. So it's pretty realistic to say no one knows what to expect and the Heat could very well dominate the series. The Heat proved themselves last year by taking out the Thunder and in the regular season in their 27 game win streak. They have what it takes to bring home another championship. Can we definitively say the same for the Spurs? Not really.
    I couldn't agree more. Great take! I mean if the SPurs had faced such powerhouse teams as the Bucks or the s of the Bulls or even a team as intimidating as the Grangerless Pacers, there is no way they would be here. No matter how you slice it. Bucks in 5 or s of the Bulls in 4 or Pacers in 2 1/2

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So the heat proved last year by beating OKC that they are contenders this year. yeah that makes sense

Spurs vs. OKC with healthy Westbrook this year is a toss up btw.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I couldn't agree more. Great take! I mean if the SPurs had faced such powerhouse teams as the Bucks or the s of the Bulls or even a team as intimidating as the Grangerless Pacers, there is no way they would be here. No matter how you slice it. Bucks in 5 or s of the Bulls in 4 or Pacers in 2 1/2
    Should work on your reading comprehension. The Heat proved they can win a championship by.... winning a championship against the Thunder. Who cares if the Heat faced lesser compe ion in early rounds, they proved they could beat championship contenders like the Thunder last year, which the Spurs lost to. They proved to be just as dominant this year with the 27 win streak. What can the Spurs point to? Losing to a team that the Heat beat last year? Winning a couple of series against middle of the pack playoff teams?

And I'd say the Pacers were better than any team the Spurs faced in this year's playoffs. So who is more proven? Obviously, the Heat.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Should work on your reading comprehension. The Heat proved they can win a championship by.... winning a championship against the Thunder. Who cares if the Heat faced lesser compe ion in early rounds, they proved they could beat championship contenders like the Thunder last year, which the Spurs lost to. They proved to be just as dominant this year with the 27 win streak. What can the Spurs point to? Losing to a team that the Heat beat last year? Winning a couple of series against middle of the pack playoff teams?

And I'd say the Pacers were better than any team the Spurs faced in this year's playoffs. So who is more proven? Obviously, the Heat.
    Oh ok, so we are basing everything on last year. Cool I didn't know that last years playoffs mattered. Mybad mybad

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So the heat proved last year by beating OKC that they are contenders this year. yeah that makes sense

Without harden they are different.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

what's a better indicator of a championship level team than actually winning one? It's not Miami's fault championships aren't given out every month. You go with what you have: they won the most recent championship, was dominant in the regular season, have this season's MVP, and reached the finals again.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh ok, so we are basing everything on last year. Cool I didn't know that last years playoffs mattered. Mybad mybad

Seriously, reading comprehension dude.

silverblk mystix
    Well, disappointing that Timvp resorted to mind games due to a lack of balls.

If Pop watched how the Pacers STAYED BIG AT ALL COSTS and punished Miami - Spurs win the series.

If Pop panics like he has been known to do in the past - and buries Tiago on the bench due to bad matchups and allows Miami to dictate style -

Miami wins series.

Pop has done a brilliant job this year - but he can't have any lapses now.

FYI - Timvp also predicted that the BONNER TRADE - was a great move by the Spurs and that Bonner would prove to be one of the best trades that the Spurs ever made.

Just a little bit of reality for you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

You are right. my bad. Reading comprehension. mybad mybad

PRICELESS SPURS FAN polandprzem's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is one of the all time ill-timed meltdowns from timvp I have ever seen. Spurs on one of the most epic runs with an awesome team chemistry & with MIA looking vulnerable. all the way. Respect dwindling.
    I'm with you man

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what's a better indicator of a championship level team than actually winning one? It's not Miami's fault championships aren't given out every month. You go with what you have: they won the most recent championship, was dominant in the regular season, have this season's MVP, and reached the finals again.
    Could easily have been said about the Spurs if healthy. It's not like Miami ran away with it. They had that 27 game winning streak and still only caught up to the Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    to DPG.

I have nothing against timvp's opinion, it's just he's been increasingly emo about these matchups lately. It's just weird that Phil Jackson has more confidence in these Spurs than timvp. I have no idea how it will turn out but I still believe.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    The Heat proved they can win a championship by.... winning a championship against the Thunder. Who cares if the Heat faced lesser compe ion in early rounds, they proved they could beat championship contenders like the Thunder last year, which the Spurs lost to. They proved to be just as dominant this year with the 27 win streak. What can the Spurs point to? Losing to a team that the Heat beat last year? Winning a couple of series against middle of the pack playoff teams?

That Pacers team was garbage. Just because the Heat made them look like decent compe ion doesn't mean it's so. Indiana's only strength was the mediocre Roy Hibbert and somehow Miami let a 12 point regular season scorer (14 point playoff scorer before the ECF) look like an all-world center. The rest of that Pacer team was average at best. Their point guards couldn't handle ball pressure to save their lives and panicked anytime Miami blitzed them. Paul George was an overrated, inconsistent rising star before the ECF and continued that same trend mixing good games with horrible ones. And as a point forward the guy was terrible. He could have the biggest target in Hibbert on the floor and still find a way to throw the low entry pass off the mark. It was clear he had no idea how to direct an offense and turned the ball over way too much. Indiana's bench? Oh that's right. They didn't have a bench. And what more can you say about the coach? Take out your best rim protector at the end of the game and leave the paint wide open (twice) so Lebron James (who was choking on his own vomit in crunch time of Game 1) can redeem himself and be the hero. Let Lance Stephenson (a player with the ball IQ of a mosquito and the worst turnover machine since S-Jax) play like a chicken with his head cut off and never hold him accountable. I'm shocked that series made it past 5 games and the only reason it did was because the Heat simply missed shots. Shane Battier did this same thing last year... sucked for the first three rounds and then miraculously woke up in time to have a great Finals where he seemingly hit everything against OKC. On the flipside James Harden had a great playoff run last year and then at the wrong time the bed in the Finals against Miami and couldn't throw the ball in the ocean if he were standing on a boat. He just got worse as the series went on. Spurs fans just better hope Miami's shooters are still slumping. If their shooters are sucking the Spurs have a great chance to take this series.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks timvp, well put.
    Now I am confidence we´re gonna expose those ers!

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

The Spurs won 4 championships so whats your point, and you only say the Pacers are better because they took the Heat 7 games. Once the Warriors almost won the first game and actually did win the second game, everyone thought the Spurs were done but in the end made it look easy, and no one saw the Spurs sweeping the Grizz. No one gives the Spurs credit, always the other team wasn't good.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

1) The Heat had the easiest route to the le.
    2) The Pacers are inexperienced in big games (unlike the Spurs)
    3) Spurs beat Pacers twice in regular season
    4) Hibbert is a mediocre center. Wouldn't be surprised to see Splitter go for big numbers
    5) West Conference > East Conference

Chillin' like a villain... TampaDude's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs in 5.

Why?

Just because.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I... pretty much agree. I didn't agree on the Memphis prediction.

The Heat coast like muther ers. Someday it's gonna cost them, but that day isn't here yet. They're a team you struggle to watch. They are joyless. They complain about everything. They around until late in the game and then play enough to win. That's it.

Their ceiling is just so high, and they know they can get there. And there's not a team that can stop them, and not our beloved Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what concerns me is that we just haven't really beaten the heat.
    i think it will mind our young guys especially
    Our bench beat the heat this year. And don't give me no about the final score, we won that game and officiating took it in the end.

Thread Information