Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what concerns me is that we just haven't really beaten the heat.
    i think it will mind our young guys especially

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs dont need to get inside every single time

That was true for the Pacers, and Hibbert should have gotten more touches

But our offense is more versatile, we have a top penetrating PG, better 3 pt shooting, better spacing, and more ecperience and basketball IQ than the Pacers

Not to mention that Pop s on Vogel and Spo (both suck at making adjutments TBH) combined

Im not worried

Spurs in 7

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    IN FIVE?

Are you serious? You have no faith at all in the Spurs. Didn't you pick the Grizz, Warriors AND Lakers? We got Bill Simmons over here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Didn't you also say Memphis would kick Spurs' ass?

Something smells

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I also like that guys like Kawhi and Danny have hit big shots throughout the year (game winning shots where Pop called their numbers) and learned how to contribute even when their shot isn't falling.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Manu needs to have a big series. Miami will obviously work on forcing Parker to give up the rock. Someone will need to attack the rim and create. This also would be a good time for Diaw to wake up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    AND I HATE THE COASTING EXCUSE!

Yeah, the Heat have been not trying their hardest to win LOL. Ever come across your mind that Wade may actually be going over the hill? That "27 game win streak" was against NOOBS in the East mostly... that doesn't translate against the teams in the playoffs... ESPECIALLY when the Heat haven't even seen the big three... Only Bosh has.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Miami is a respectable and formidable opponent but you are going Waaaaay overboard with the love for them. Spurs will handle the drama queens in impressive fashion.

We have the better coach, more experienced players and (I believe) more determination to win. There's no house money here. No one will be happy with a good effort and a loss. Screw all that. The Spurs are here to win and get the job done. They are rested, healthy and prepared for what Miami will throw at them. Somewhere, deep down, the Heat players think that they'll get to this position for years to come. The Spurs know these chances are special.

If we play our best and avoid injury, we'll win. No excuses. I love that we are the underdogs in this series and I love that we are starting out on the road. Your points are valid about the match-ups but I'll put my faith in Pop and Co. coming up with an effective strategy. F*CK the cHeat.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Two things that give the Heat fits -- quick, slashing PG's and quality bigs that can pass

O?

It’s not so important who starts the game but who finishes it! ~Sweetmelody~'s Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kori has 21 reasons you're wrong...
    I was already feeling down reading tim's post but this made me LOL and I could breath again

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Which, big picture, are odds we would have all taken at the beginning of the season.
    I'd have taken being in the Finals and having the chance that just being a participant brings. Even if the odds are 99-1. It's better than not having a chance because the Spurs had been eliminated. For whatever reason, I don't feel -- at this point -- that losing this series would be deflating or even disappointing. I hope they win, no doubt. But this season has been great and just seeing these guys back in the Finals feels like a dream.

FTH anyway.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Massive amount of pressure on Heat right now

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Timvp is crossing from mildly pessimistic/realist Spurfan to delusional with these cliff-jumping threads. Snap out of it, man!

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Pop is gonna replace green with Ginobili in GAME 3 because they lose the first two away????!?

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Two things that give the Heat fits -- quick, slashing PG's and quality bigs that can pass

O?
    They gave Westbrook fits last Finals, other than that one good game he had in Miami. I want what you want, but this will be an enormous upset if the Spurs can pull it off.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A point which nobody has spoken about, I keep repeating, and should be a deciding factor:

Chris Bosh is a career 28% 3pt shooter from distance. He shot 28% from three this regular season on 1 attempt per game. He has averaged 2 attempts per game and shot 15/31 in the postseason.

1) if he's doubled his attempts from 3 in the postseason, something is wrong with the Heat offensive execution

2) he will most likely revert to the mean. If he doesn't, Spurs are ed. But all statistical algorithms say he will

Put that in you computer, hater

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope the team doesn't feel satisfied because its going to require guts, determination and faith to win this series. If they are just content to be in the finals then Heat in 5 is very reasonable.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was already feeling down reading tim's post but this made me LOL and I could breath again
    Lol. I read Kori's first, then timvps. I'll side with her!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A point which nobody has spoken about, I keep repeating, and should be a deciding factor:

Chris Bosh is a career 28% 3pt shooter from distance. He shot 28% from three this regular season on 1 attempt per game. He has averaged 2 attempts per game and shot 15/31 in the postseason.

1) if he's doubled his attempts from 3 in the postseason, something is wrong with the Heat offensive execution

2) he will most likely revert to the mean. If he doesn't, Spurs are ed. But all statistical algorithms say he will

Put that in you computer, hater
    my computer also says Bosh shoots over 56% vs Spurs in his career

he shot 30s vs. Indy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "This"
    TheGoldStandard;6627532]I have this funny feeling that The Spurs will win this in 6 games and will boggle everyone's mind because they will play like they always play. The heat will win a game by 14 and the spurs will win one by 9 and the rest will be 3 or 4 point wins. The Spurs want this, they will play team ball and players will make shots.

The pacers comparisons are not even close to what the spurs play. The Pacers play physical and decent D but they couldn't shoot for . Pop isn't going to let the Heat get on a run and not call a timeout to kill momentum. He will make adjustments during halftime plus I think our shooters are prepared now. For all the comparisons to pick n roll defense to the events that happened last year and how the heat play against it we had opportunities, we have them every night its just knocking down shots. The spurs have a great chance to win this series if every "other" contributes when they're on the floor not just scoring but defense, spacing, passing etc. The Miami Heat are not immortal and impossible to beat it just takes a sustained effort.[/QUOTE]

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's no house money here. No one will be happy with a good effort and a loss. Screw all that. The Spurs are here to win and get the job done. They are rested, healthy and prepared for what Miami will throw at them. Somewhere, deep down, the Heat players think that they'll get to this position for years to come. The Spurs know these chances are special.
    TRUTH! Well said!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Out of ALL the teams that could possibly match up with the Heat, I'd say the Spurs are the matchup they absolutely didn't want.

Spurs in 6

Bonner/Blair can't do dat capek's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll be happy if Spurs make a good showing in the Finals. Even if they lose in 5, if it's 5 hard fought games. I'm happy with that. Agree Spurs are playing with house money and are crashing into the Finals party.

If Spurs get ran out of the building in 4 thou. I will be beyond pissed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some thoughts/questions:

1. Does Indy really have more versatile defenders than the Spurs? I count three that could guard multiple positions (Hill, Lance, George) and Hill wasn't much of a factor defensively in that series. Spurs have Green/Leonard that match up pretty well with Wade/James (as much as you can "match up" with those two) and Manu/Boris/Tiago are capable of being very solid defenders. Granted, Manu has been bad so far these playoffs but I think he can do a decent job on the Heat wings if needed.

2. The Pacers were able to generate open looks despite having George Hill at the point, two subpar passing bigs, and prob the biggest black hole in the league in Lance. They had success with the PnR with Hibbert and i think Tiago/Tim are superior PnR players to Roy tbh. There were a plethora of offensive rebounds for the Pacers because they can't shoot nor execute that well in the half court, two areas where the Spurs are much better. James/Wade are obviously athletic freaks that can recover well but they don't have the length that OKC had with Thabo/Durant/Ibaka/Perk. I think the Spurs are going to get a lot of good looks but i do agree that the Heat have the more proven shooters. I just feel better about Green/Leonard and even Bonner based on this postseason run.

3. The Spurs were a pretty damn good team midseason when Parker was healthy and they had the best record in the league tbh. Maybe not 27 win streak good but the difference between that Spurs team and the Heat team during their run wasn't astronomical. I just think this Spurs team is a lot closer to the midseason Spurs team than this Heat team is to their 27 win streak form. Maybe it's coasting or maybe it's a case of the 2012 Spursitis of blowing their load too early on a massive streak.

4. LeBron is the best player in the world. He's easily the best at a lot of things in basketball but I'm not ready to crown him the best shooter in the league. I think the Spurs will do a good job of limiting his drives and force him to take pull ups and long 2s. He very well could hit a high percentage of them but he doesn't yet strike fear in that regard like a Durant or Curry tbh.

I think its 60/40 Heat win the series but that's because we really haven't seen these two teams play each other. I think the Spurs are peaking at the right time while the Heat are looking tired/weary.

Respect your take but I think you might be wrong for the second series in a row tbh. Here's hoping.

Thread Information