Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So timvp and his wife offers a 1k prize to a spurs fan who guesses the right exact score and in how many games then explains to all of us why he's willing to provide such a prize bc in his eyes we're done in 5. Very eloquent
    That was her idea and she thinks the Spurs will win in 6. And if you read the thread, we're out one extra dollar if Spurs lose, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not really messing around. They completely destroyed Westbrook last Finals. I mean, I don't think they're going to have anywhere near that success with Parker since they actually have to play the pass with him, but their perimeter D is elite. I do think they'll have worlds of trouble with Duncan inside.
    Parker is really good at spitting traps and passing, so I thing he'll be ok.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This series is over before it even starts... Good season Spurs, it was fun while it lasted.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree: Heat in 5 or 6. And I agree with all of the points except number 4. I don't expect Wade and Bosh to magically turn it on, at least not consistently.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People said the same thing last year and then they just murdered OKC in 4 straight after dropping Game 1.

I don't think they're as good as last year. The supporting cast IMO isn't as good. They were consistent, this team isn't.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think they're as good as last year. The supporting cast IMO isn't as good. They were consistent, this team isn't.
    if I remember correctly the old Celtics team took them to 7 last year

that's not really a model of consistency

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wade last year in the playoffs

23 PPG on 47%

This year

14 PPG on 45 %

A steady dose of KL won't bring those numbers up any...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And you attribute that to coasting? The Heat didn't let Boston put them in a 3-2 hole. Harden did nothing in the finals after killing us in the WCF had he showed up who knows? The Heat were 2-2 with the Pacers who had outplayed them in game 1 and 2. They were not coasting all the way till game 7. Wade is legit hurt which is putting loads of pressure on Lebron to carry it himself.. The Heat needed rest because of injuries so the incentive would be to finish teams off quick.. Not coast...
    Pretty much this.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop vs Spo.

Ability of this team to make in game adjustments, etc.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if I remember correctly the old Celtics team took them to 7 last year

that's not really a model of consistency

Boston was a heartbeat from the Finals. Again though, Battier, Haslem, Miller were all better last year than they are this year. Only supporting player who I would say is better is Mario Chalmers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like our chances

Done with this thread.

Pop, the Mastermind superjames1992's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Timvp with the jinxing goods.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Timvp with the jinxing goods.
    This also needs a prediction from you since your track record has been good in the playoffs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like our chances

Done with this thread.
    I do as well and game 1 is not going to tell us much either way IMO.. Even if the Spurs come out flat and get blown out, this series will feature plenty of adjustments and is going to be a long one IMO..

It’s not so important who starts the game but who finishes it! ~Sweetmelody~'s Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol. I read Kori's first, then timvps. I'll side with her!
    Same here!

I guess you can talk numbers all day and a million reasons why they should win or loose but I am just thrilled the big three are in the finals one more time.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Timvp, you threw away your credibility with your previous doom and gloom. If you were that wrong about the WCF , why would anyone think you know what you are talking about now. You want to protect yourself from emotional pain if they lose. That is the entire basis for the tenor and point of view represented in this post. This is a sad sight to see. Cherry pick and color your glasses darkly if you wish, but your post is far from compelling.

The Heat are coasting - lol . This is a theory attempting to deflect against the actual evidence of the playoffs. It is an attempt to explain away what facts we do have. This , therefore, is evidence supporting the contention that you are choosing this position because you want it - not based upon evident truths. Mate, you've exposed yourself and thrown away your credibility in prognostication. Nothing justifies this - trying to test for who is likely to cliff jump like Kori suggested.

I have posted thousands of times here and was never banned - simply took time off and lost my log in and had changed email...

Spurs have the best post season record and have played far better than the Heat this post season. The Heat peaked earlier and are playing mediocre basketball now. Chicago ? Milwaukee ? Pacers in 7? They are weakest where we are strongest . If Tony Allen and Memphis could not slow Tony, Miami has no chance. They cannot guard TP or TD. Wade and Bosh have been no shows throughout the playoffs. Suggesting they will play very well now is an act of faith contradicted by their recent play. Without the other Superfriends, LeBron can't beat the Spurs. LeBron and 4 guys cannot beat the Spurs. Beating the hedge leaves a 3 on 2 or 2 on 1 score and it means our 3 pt shooters are open. Tony has seen every degfense intended to stop him.

Lol Heat in 5.
    Yea, heat in 5 like Grizz are overwhelming favorites.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i have the same prediction

mainly because the heat can shut down the spurs offense and i dunno how the spurs are gonna slow down the heat

and i think this time your prediction will hold up

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs dont need to get inside every single time

That was true for the Pacers, and Hibbert should have gotten more touches

But our offense is more versatile, we have a top penetrating PG, better 3 pt shooting, better spacing, and more ecperience and basketball IQ than the Pacers

Not to mention that Pop s on Vogel and Spo (both suck at making adjutments TBH) combined

Im not worried

Spurs in 7
    i agree that the comparison to the Pacers is kind of stupid. Any team with Lance Stephenson in its starting lineup shouldn't be compared to us imho.

still, kind of shocked to see you posting this. please tell me you got one final jinx thread in you....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    timvp disqualifying himself from the $1000 giveaway tbh

rules clearly state you must pick the spurs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like our chances

Done with this thread.
    Agreed. The End.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Heat in 6 imho.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Been saying Miami in 6. I'm sticking with it. The rule of 'the team with the best player in the series usually wins' won't change, esp when it's the best player in the world and a top 2-3 player all-time.. there's just no answer for Lebron and co and all the talent they have on that team. And all those shooters. I expect a valiant effort from our boys, but our perfect Finals record will be no more unfortunately imo.

Coming Off The Bench TheGoldStandard's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There are so many points to make about this series because it's really a tough one to analyze but there are some key points that I have to mention.

Pace of the game: Miami isn't going to grind the Spurs down, it's the spurts of doom that make Miami dangerous. They are capable of creating turnovers and putting up points in a hurry if you do not execute properly. The Spurs are going to have to be on point with passing and spacing and not overreacting. The Spurs won't quit though, they've overcome huge deficits before so a lead isn't safe for either team. Whoever puts together the more sustained effort both starters and bench players will have the edge and in my opinion this will be San Antonio.

Miami is like a Heavyweight and they've gone some long hard rounds in the eastern conference to get to this level. Now, a lot of people will say that they've been coasting and they're just waiting to see Miami have there breakout but I don't know if that will happen. We see sparks, flurries and moments where they look like the dominant team that had that 27 game win streak but it's not a sustained effort over 7 games. I think they have slowed down some because of the physical play and they're all capable of having bad games. I really think the Spurs will frustrate them and I think that a few games can be stolen by San Antonio.

I've picked San Antonio in 6 just because I think the Spurs can match up, they'll get more support from the "others" and we won't give up. The Pacers had every opportunity to win that series but there offense was so inept and they settled way too much but that is lack of experience and lack of getting coached up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Two flaws I find with this reasoning. One is that Miami is one of the greatest teams ever. I don't think they are one of the top five teams since I started watching basketball in 1995. , I'd take any of the three Bulls championship teams from the late 90s, and the Spurs 99 le team over the Heat in a heartbeat. They had a very good year in an NBA that is weaker than it has been in years. Lebron is a great player, and Wade is really good, but that team is far from all time great.

The second thing I find to be incorrect is that Miami is coasting. I don't believe that for a second. Most of Miami's struggles have been due to Wade's injured knee. His aggression is basically gone, and that makes Miami a totally different team. He showed in game 7 that he can turn it on for small runs, maybe even a whole game here or there. I doubt he can play at a high level for an entire series though. Given how good Lebron is, the Heat may only need a vintage performance or two for the Heat to get past the Spurs.

I totally agree on the pick and roll analysis. That has been my biggest concern since the Spurs advanced to the Finals. In the second game the two teams played against each other this year, the Heat made the Spurs offense look like absolute garbage with their aggressive double teaming. Tony Parker was just coming off injury in that game, and probably shouldn't have been playing, but time will tell if that makes a difference. OKC was able to slow a healthy Tony Parker with that strategy, so the Heat might be able to as well.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    timvp disqualifying himself from the $1000 giveaway tbh

rules clearly state you must pick the spurs
    He's gonna give the money to himself?

Thread Information