My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Depressing..

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LeBron is overrated. Although I will concede he's the best player in the NBA today, that says less about him and more about the shallow talent pool in 2013. Let me put it this way: I'm way more optimistic about the Spurs facing LeBron than I ever was about the Spurs facing Kobe.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what concerns me the most are 2 things.......the refs totally coddling flop city and one or two of the role players shooting lights out (similar to the way Arthur did for Memphis a few years ago or how Anderson did against the Pacers)

I am picking the Spurs in 6, I see us winning 2 in Miami and losing 1 here in SA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's gonna give the money to himself?
    didn't really think blue font was necessary tbh. seemed obvious enough

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lots of real gy takes. Spurs will run TP's defender through 50 to 60 picks a night or whatever they quoted last game. TD/Splitter will protect the paint and hence the rim better than Hibbert/West. Once TD slaps down Bosh/Haslam/Bird/Lebron a few times the in"Tim"idation factor will be in full force.

I stopped reading after I scanned through and saw we are supposed to be highly afraid of the corpses of Battier/Allen/Miller even though Bonner > than the 3 combined.

Lastly I saw something about they have LeBron. Wow what a revelation.

I'll give you one other, warrior TP will be the best player on the court you can bank on it.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A couple other quick points. Timvp is predicting that the Spurs will win at most 1 of their 3 home games. That is not just incomprehensible stupid, it is damn ignorant, a willful ignorance. Second, exactly 0 of the espn analysts think the Heat win the series in less than 6. No analyst I respect looks at the Spurs chances that bleakly.

I lost all respect for you as a prognosticator.
    since I can't imagine you actually holding this view, you are evidently flaming out for reasons of your own. Even Kori described your views as absurdly pessimistic.

Shootin' like Ed O'Bannon Darius McCrary's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What a bummer.

He don't even end the post with "Believe."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Been saying Miami in 6. I'm sticking with it. The rule of 'the team with the best player in the series usually wins' won't change, esp when it's the best player in the world and a top 2-3 player all-time..
    Oh stop please.. Lebron has 1 ring and 2 spankings in the finals in 10 years in the league.. He can win as many regular season MVP's as ESPN wants to hand him, his ring total needs to go way up before he is top 2 or 3 anything all time..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Timvp with the reverse jinxing goods. Like it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    SMH, people still believing in LeBron "The Boogeyman" James. Did you people not watch the last series? Although they ended up winning, it wasn't easy and they resorted to bickering at each other...LeBron with his "Back to my Cleveland days", Wade with his "Chris and I need touches" jab at Lebron..They would have lost to Indiana if Game 7 was on the road. One game doesn't change the team overnight. They are not coming in to the Finals on any sort of roll. They are going to face a smarter team who has many weapons.

I don't care how much better Lebron got with his 3 pt%. We faced the best 3 pt shooter in the league and found a way to make him work for his shots. If Lebron is forced to score, he starts shooting up crap and it takes him out of his game. He likes to make things happen and not just score all the time. If we D up everyone and only double Lebron in the post, we'll hurt them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i have the same prediction

mainly because the heat can shut down the spurs offense and i dunno how the spurs are gonna slow down the heat

and i think this time your prediction will hold up
    Why are you guys all acting like the Spurs offense is dependent on Tony Parker's pick and rolls? Sure, that's what we did throughout the entire playoffs because it worked, but if the Heat start exploiting it like the Thunder did last year, don't expect the Spurs to make the same mistake they did last year... Duncan, Ginobili, and arguably Kawhi can all run isolations if Pop needed them to.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think we need to hire a good sports psychologist to counsel Timvp.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You guys are too scared of the Heat. They're a joke of a team and we will win. Get over it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

2. The Heat's pick-and-roll defense will slow the Spurs' offense

3. The Spurs will find it difficult to stay big

4. The Heat have been coasting

5. Miami has the more trustworthy shooters

6. The Heat have LeBron James
    2) - Parker's said in press conference that he's getting used to having a longer defender on him, that's good news if he/team has found an answer for that type of d on parker
    - he wasnt 100 % in the warrior series but played pretty good against thompson, and let's not forget tp redeemed himself and destroyed conley and allen, two players parker has struggled against in the past
    - The warriors/grizzlies' pick and roll d was no joke, obviously miami is a different animal and their personnel is built on that type of pressure d

3) - Absolutely true, although the spurs best shot at staying big is for diaw to play well at the 4 position

4) - Absolutely disagree, they were coasting in the 1st two rounds but not in the ECF, the game 7 moment brought the best of dwade, he's a champion and you expect that but imo he's injury is legit, with that said i dont
    think he's gonna play as bad as he did against the pacers
    - Bosh isnt injured just a tough matchup for him, i expect a good finals from bosh

5) - Man they have so many potential spur killers, all savvy veterans who play the spurs well, haslem, allen, miller etc...

6) - F me, you cant sag off lbj now, he's jumpshot is very reliable when defenders sag way off him

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs win one in Miami and they probably take it. This argument is reminiscient of how we couldn't possibly beat Memphis. Yes on paper who would have thought we sweep the Grizz?? However, not only are we peaking at the right time, but I think the Heat are none too confident judging by their interviews. Anyone think Pacers don't win in 6 if not for benching No ?? I got a feeling not all is well in South Beach. They don't BELIEVE!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wade's barely over 30 but he seems like he's Manu's age these playoffs. Don't know how hurt he really is, or if the poundings he's taken over the years are aging him quickly. I wouldn't just count on him playing like ECF game 7 throughout this series. That could be what saves us. I'm going to say he's hurt worse than is being let on, and Bosh doesn't hurt us on the level he normally does. Lebron is still Lebron though. Spurs win games 2, 3, 5, 7.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lmao. i wonder how many spurs fans are gonna not sleep tonight and end up awake until the end of the game tomorrow night.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Timvp, you threw away your credibility with your previous doom and gloom. If you were that wrong about the WCF , why would anyone think you know what you are talking about now. You want to protect yourself from emotional pain if they lose. That is the entire basis for the tenor and point of view represented in this post. This is a sad sight to see. Cherry pick and color your glasses darkly if you wish, but your post is far from compelling.

The Heat are coasting - lol . This is a theory attempting to deflect against the actual evidence of the playoffs. It is an attempt to explain away what facts we do have. This , therefore, is evidence supporting the contention that you are choosing this position because you want it - not based upon evident truths. Mate, you've exposed yourself and thrown away your credibility in prognostication. Nothing justifies this - trying to test for who is likely to cliff jump like Kori suggested.

I have posted thousands of times here and was never banned - simply took time off and lost my log in and had changed email...

Spurs have the best post season record and have played far better than the Heat this post season. The Heat peaked earlier and are playing mediocre basketball now. Chicago ? Milwaukee ? Pacers in 7? They are weakest where we are strongest . If Tony Allen and Memphis could not slow Tony, Miami has no chance. They cannot guard TP or TD. Wade and Bosh have been no shows throughout the playoffs. Suggesting they will play very well now is an act of faith contradicted by their recent play. Without the other Superfriends, LeBron can't beat the Spurs. LeBron and 4 guys cannot beat the Spurs. Beating the hedge leaves a 3 on 2 or 2 on 1 score and it means our 3 pt shooters are open. Tony has seen every degfense intended to stop him.

Lol Heat in 5.
    Yea, heat in 5 like Grizz are overwhelming favorites.
    He knows the game. Just get ready for it. Cause you going jump dat bridge if your not

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm still laughing about the part about replicating IND. Tell me one position IND has an advantage over SAS? One?!?

I knew you couldn't do it!

(but it's matchups all about the matchups man (please STFU!))

Player by player down the line Spurs > IND

Team play Spurs > IND

Coaching Spurs > IND

Depth Spurs > IND

Matchups v. Heat Spurs > IND (or at worst even)

I can see this as a coin flip due to Heat having home court though. I expect a 6-7 game series too close to call either direction.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I personally would've liked the switcheroo on standpoints for this series.

But great analysis either way, as always.

Either way, I'm in it for better or worse. Spurs in 6.

Believe or GTFO.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LeBron is overrated. Although I will concede he's the best player in the NBA today, that says less about him and more about the shallow talent pool in 2013. Let me put it this way: I'm way more optimistic about the Spurs facing LeBron than I ever was about the Spurs facing Kobe.
    Exactly.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I personally would've liked the switcheroo on standpoints for this series.

But great analysis either way, as always.

Either way, I'm in it for better or worse. Spurs in 6.

Believe or GTFO.
    Yeah....the last sentence.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've never been completely solid in the Heat as a dominant team. I think the Spurs have a realistic chance here.

bandwagon hater
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll be sure to call you out if your wrong again Tpark...... I mean TimVP.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll be sure to call you out if your wrong again Tpark...... I mean TimVP.

Thats a low blow....

Thread Information