Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think there has been a single MVP so far. This has been the greatest team performance that I've seen in the playoffs since the 2004 Pistons. Honestly you could make an argument for Kawhi, Tony, Timmy, or even Danny (never thought I'd type that...). These guys are just such a wonderful TEAM. Everyone shares the ball, they play for each other, and there's very little drama. These guys have made me so proud over the last few years with their execution, passion, and commitment to team ball.

Btw, if I had a gun to my head, I'd choose Timmy as the MVP simply due to all of the attention that he's been getting from Miami's defense, his rebounding, and his defense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gotta be Green, maybe Parker. But they gotta win first.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TEAM MVP AWARD FOR ONCE!! That would be nice.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Give it to Patty Mills, poor guy got a staph infection and cant travel with the team, watching him cheer on guys from the bench is great

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Favorite has to be Green tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This might be the first year since 1969 (West) in which a member of the losing team wins Finals MVP (James). Seriously, one could make an argument for it.

Of course, as a Spurs fan I don't want that to happen, but it seems logical. James is more valuable to his team than any single player is to the Spurs. It just means the Spurs are a more complete team, so James has to do more by himself.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Give it to Danny, this guy has killed every Heat run, and has played great all 5 games. The others have shown up in spurts but Greens been their night after night.

Kawhi is close but Dannys been the most consistent.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This might be the first year since 1969 in which a member of the losing team wins Finals MVP (James). Seriously, one could make an argument for it.
    Wont happen, the league lives off of stars and if they can create another player they can promote like Green or Kawhi, they will.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    my boy danny gr33n.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Everyone is saying Danny Green but I really think Parker is going to win it.

Battling through hamstring injury and playing so great....and you gotta remember he facilitates basically the entire offense. He's this teams MVP, no doubt. If he has a big game 6 or 7, I definitely expect it to go to the Veteran.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The MVP so far...has been the Spurs "Team."

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I originally thought, win or lose. LeBron would win MVP, but he's proven SO FAR that he's not worthy of it.

Duncan is the sentimental favorite, Green has the 3 pt record, Leonard has be incredibly solid for a 2nd year player, and Ginobili showed tonight how valuable he is. But if the Spurs win, the MVP belongs to Tony Parker. He's earned it, big time.

Shootin' like Ed O'Bannon Darius McCrary's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    These threads are so ridiculous, can we talk something real. WTF happened to SpursTalk

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Parker is still the favorite. The crowd was even chanting MVP when he was at the line tonight.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it really has been a team effort...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tough decision, but with a Gun to my head, Tony.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I couldn't care less, tbh. 48 minutes is a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time. There's still a lot of work to be done before this would even enter my mind.

The People's Champ johnpaulwall21's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    parker most likely will be getting it. 2nd choice would be tim. distant 3rd danny boy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Whoever scores 30+ in game 6 or 7 will get the MVP( can be Tony/Timmy/Green or even Manu)

Coming Off The Bench TheGoldStandard's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The clear cut Finals MVP is Danny Green, the guy has risen to the occasion and knocked down shots and played great defense consistently throughout our victories and defeats.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I couldn't care less, tbh. 48 minutes is a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time. There's still a lot of work to be done before this would even enter my mind.
    I feel the same as you sir!!!!!!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It won't be meaningless if Duncan wins it. Winning Finals MVP 13 years apart is pretty ing epic.

And he has a serious chance with a win and a big performance in game 6, I don't know why he hasn't been more talked about when discussing finals MVP, he has been quietly having a pretty good series. Right now it has to be Green but Duncan is a close 2nd, imho.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    first off: I don't really care either and we probably shouldn't write about it either as long as we there isn't 0:00 ticks on the clock with us leading!

but since it shows how great of a team performance it is, I'll bite.

It's true, that you could make an argument for at least 4 different guys, therefore I'd just hand it to Timmy. Without him, there wouldn't be any banners under the rooftop and making finals-MVP 14 years apart should count for something.

This might be the first year since 1969 (West) in which a member of the losing team wins Finals MVP (James). Seriously, one could make an argument for it.

Of course, as a Spurs fan I don't want that to happen, but it seems logical. James is more valuable to his team than any single player is to the Spurs. It just means the Spurs are a more complete team, so James has to do more by himself.
    I'm pretty sure they implemented a rule to not alow a player of the losing team to win it some decades ago.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If someone posted here, a few months ago, that Danny Green would be a potential Finals MVP .........

He would have been murdered

Thread Information