Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Excellent, excellent. Now all we need is a scathing rebuttal from roycrikside for the prophecy to be complete.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Your'e a huge big headed .
    Sounds painful, tbh.

So what kind of odds do you put on this series, LJ? I have been waffling between 85-15 Heat and 75-25 Heat, but leaning more towards the latter.
    75-25 is reasonable. Probably between that and 70-30.

Which, big picture, are odds we would have all taken at the beginning of the season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    plus timvp just positioning himself to a win-win scenario

Spurs lose - he redeem himself
    Hate to break it to you but you don't get a ring for being "right" on a message board, tbh.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Greys with pitchforks are coming.

Anyway, Spurs in 7.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hate to break it to you but you don't get a ring for being "right" on a message board, tbh.
    hey I'll be sad right next to you bro

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Final-ly!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why do people keep acting like West punished MIA? He was pretty average (at best) offensively. He was a solid Bosh defender on the perimeter and does have more mobility on that end than Tiago or Tim probably (on the perimeter), but he was not an efficient nor consistent threat on offense.

Tiago plays the Hibbert role on offense somewhat (he won't score consistently like Hibbert obviously) but as long as Tim can out produce West (which he should quite easily do) the front court scoring/efficiency should hopefully be a wash. If that's the case, then the Spurs perimeter players have to be better than Indys (shooting, turnovers, ball movement) and offensively Spurs should be ok (even with a diminished PnR offense due to MIA's PnR defense).

While Hibbert may be better than Duncan at protecting the rim, I certainly don't think it's a wide margin (especially in money time like the finals) and the Spurs also have another 7 footer in Tiago to help (where INDY did not).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs execute too well to be rolled by Miami. This goes 6 or 7.

James and Solestra are not Jordan and Jackson. Pop has forgotten more than Spolestra has ever known and will remember enough to guide the Spurs to the series win.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For every difference in INDY vs SA, I think SA can make it up in other areas. For example: Offensive rebounding. Yes, INDY is much better, but many of those extra possessions were negated by TO's. If the Spurs can cut down the TO's (which they should) that bridges the gap in some of the offensive rebounds.

Things of that nature, plus the fact SA is better, leads me to believe that SA will not lose in 5. Will they lose the series? Likely, but not in 5 and they have a solid shot a winning. Spurs will win one of the first two games IMO, likely game 1.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Timvp's takes on basketball are great most of the time TBH

But I have to disagree here

Why would the Spurs have to replicate the Pacers?

I ing hope we dont play like them vs Miami

Heat in 5?

Timvp trying not to have his hopes set to high, so he wont be disappointed if we indeed lose in 5

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For every difference in INDY vs SA, I think SA can make it up in other areas. For example: Offensive rebounding. Yes, INDY is much better, but many of those extra possessions were negated by TO's. If the Spurs can cut down the TO's (which they should) that bridges the gap in some of the offensive rebounds.

Things of that nature, plus the fact SA is better, leads me to believe that SA will not lose in 5. Will they lose the series? Likely, but not in 5 and they have a solid shot a winning. Spurs will win one of the first two games IMO, likely game 1.
    sure but timvp is right on that Heat were "coasting"

although I will not say coasting but more like going through the motions.

Now they smell the championship, the cameras and spotlights are on. If you think you going to see the ECF Heat you are in for a rude awakening.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ing right when a big homer like this guy thinks its over in 5 I guarantee it's going be over in 4

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not to mention that James has been the best talent in a Finals before and lost twice. Finally last year he lives up partially to the hype and now he's the greatest ever. Right.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why do people keep acting like West punished MIA? He was pretty average (at best) offensively.
    West struggled with his jumper when he had a big defending him. When he Battier or another SF on him, he went to work.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You've been a cliff jumping mo for the last 3 years now.
    LOL, he picked the Spurs to beat OKC in 5 last WCF.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Time for a Isn't Game 1 A Must Win? thread.

IMO, the Spurs would be in better position if they can win tomorrow as opposed to a Game 2.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    sure but timvp is right on that Heat were "coasting"

although I will not say coasting but more like going through the motions.

Now they smell the championship, the cameras and spotlights are on. If you think you going to see the ECF Heat you are in for a rude awakening.
    I agree they were coasting. I've tried to explain that to those that watch the Bulls and INDY steal a game in MIA in the beginning of the series and think they can beat the Heat. They are not overrated, their PnR defense is studly, but the Spurs have shown a solid ability to score outside the PnR. It's just that the PnR offense has been sick so far this playoffs.

MIA in 5 though?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Howard the duck going HAM

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    West struggled with his jumper when he had a big defending him. When he Battier or another SF on him, he went to work.
    Well, considering MIA went fairly small often, and West shot a very below average %, I would say he was not that effective over 7 games IMO. Tiago/Tim should be much more efficient. Not only that, TnT are so much better at passing the ball than Hibbert/West it's not even funny.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    coasting

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL, he picked the Spurs to beat OKC in 5 last WCF.
    really? I had missed that

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree with all points but that the Spurs' bigs can't hurt the Heat as much as Indy. They won't through their physicality and offensive rebounding, but with their passing and dual rim-protection. Heat in 6 tho unless Manu steps through a time machine.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Splitter looks overmatched by the end of Game 1 or maybe even by halftime, would Pop consider starting Diaw over him?

Coming Off The Bench TheGoldStandard's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have this funny feeling that The Spurs will win this in 6 games and will boggle everyone's mind because they will play like they always play. The heat will win a game by 14 and the spurs will win one by 9 and the rest will be 3 or 4 point wins. The Spurs want this, they will play team ball and players will make shots.

The pacers comparisons are not even close to what the spurs play. The Pacers play physical and decent D but they couldn't shoot for . Pop isn't going to let the Heat get on a run and not call a timeout to kill momentum. He will make adjustments during halftime plus I think our shooters are prepared now. For all the comparisons to pick n roll defense to the events that happened last year and how the heat play against it we had opportunities, we have them every night its just knocking down shots. The spurs have a great chance to win this series if every "other" contributes when they're on the floor not just scoring but defense, spacing, passing etc. The Miami Heat are not immortal and impossible to beat it just takes a sustained effort.

Thread Information