Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the government's interpretations of law are secret, and so is most of the oversight. FISA rarely denies applications for wiretaps, btw.
    Every time Obama opens his mouth about freedom and security I wish that Ben Franklin could reach through time and punch him in the face.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Every time Obama opens his mouth about freedom and security I wish that Ben Franklin could reach through time and punch him in the face.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    (Reuters) - German outrage over a U.S. Internet spying program has broken out ahead of a visit by Barack Obama, with ministers demanding the president provide a full explanation when he lands in Berlin next week and one official likening the tactics to those of the East German Stasi.
    http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/...95A0T820130611

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hope the Germans all over him. Maybe some protesters will even turn out. Not like that would happen here in the states...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

EDIT: in the same kind of spirit: http://hay.github.io/googleeyes/
    Last edited by velik_m; 06-12-2013 at 05:26 AM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the natsec/police state cares even less about Old Europe than it does about Human-Americans. its irreversible, unstoppable.

gotta kill every raghead terrorist, each of which can destroy America from 1000s of miles away.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/loc...,5434900.story

This is getting more fun by the minute

Veteran
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Jeremy Scahill beating the out of this on Jay Leno right now. He called Bush and Cheney "cartoonish villains" but also blasted Obama as well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Snowden stating the obvious "US government has been hacking Hong Kong and China for years." http://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/a...kong-and-china

What's funny is that he's doing it right after Xi was in Cali to meet with Barry (who was going to make issue with the Chinese leader over their own hacking operations)

Here's a related story from FP detailing the operations of the NSA's elite cyber hacking group...Interesting stuff

Inside the NSA's Ultra-Secret China Hacking Group

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hate our government as well as the two parties that operate it more and more every day

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In researching the stunning pervasiveness of spying by the government (it’s much more wide spread than you’ve heard even now), we ran across the fact that the FBI wants software programmers to install a backdoor in all software.

Digging a little further, we found a 1999 article by leading European computer publication Heise which noted that the NSA had already built a backdoor into all Windows software:

A careless mistake by Microsoft programmers has revealed that special access codes prepared by the US National Security Agency have been secretly built into Windows. The NSA access system is built into every version of the Windows operating system now in use, except early releases of Windows 95 (and its predecessors). The discovery comes close on the heels of the revelations earlier this year that another US software giant, Lotus, had built an NSA “help information” trapdoor into its Notes system, and that security functions on other software systems had been deliberately crippled.

The first discovery of the new NSA access system was made two years ago by British researcher Dr Nicko van Someren [an expert in computer security]. But it was only a few weeks ago when a second researcher rediscovered the access system. With it, he found the evidence linking it to NSA.

Two weeks ago, a US security company came up with conclusive evidence that the second key belongs to NSA. Like Dr van Someren, Andrew Fernandez, chief scientist with Cryptonym of Morrisville, North Carolina, had been probing the presence and significance of the two keys. Then he checked the latest Service Pack release for Windows NT4, Service Pack 5. He found that Microsoft’s developers had failed to remove or “strip” the debugging symbols used to test this software before they released it. Inside the code were the labels for the two keys. One was called “KEY”. The other was called “NSAKEY”.

Fernandes reported his re-discovery of the two CAPI keys, and their secret meaning, to “Advances in Cryptology, Crypto’99″ conference held in Santa Barbara. According to those present at the conference, Windows developers attending the conference did not deny that the “NSA” key was built into their software. But they refused to talk about what the key did, or why it had been put there without users’ knowledge.
    http://www.ritholtz.com/blog/2013/06...m-before-911/?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    “those who give up essential liberties to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty.” ben franklin

“The fetters imposed on liberty at home have ever been forged out of the weapons provided for defense against real, pretended, or imaginary dangers abroad.” james madison

“Of all the enemies of public liberty, war is perhaps the most to be dreaded, because it comprises and develops the seeds of every other….No nation could preserve its freedom in the midst of continual warfare.” james madison

Veteran
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    People are sheep. Obama is doing that annoys the out of liberals yet they blindly obey, support, and love him. It's pathetic.

U Have Bad Understanding Sportcamper's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    We live in what's called an open society, which of course means they open our emails, open our phone records, and open our medical records.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    " liberals yet they blindly obey, support, and love him

You Lie

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    We live in what's called an open society, which of course means they open our emails, open our phone records, and open our medical records.
    *rimshot*

Veteran
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    That is true about American society. The government monitors everything and anything you do. When you use your computer, house phone, cell phone, or tv, do you really think no one is watching and/or monitoring what you're doing on those devices?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, I can't complain tbh... we have a military-grade encryption consumer product, and I've just been told we sold 11 copies yesterday alone...

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Last edited by CavsSuperFan; 06-20-2013 at 12:00 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Russ Tice worked as an offensive National Security Agency (NSA) agent from 2002 to 2005, before becoming a source for this Pulitzer Prize-winning New York Times article exposing NSA domestic spying. This week he appeared on the Boiling Frogs Show and detailed how he had his hands "in the nitty-gritty, the nuts and bolts" during his 20 years as a U.S. intelligence analyst.

Tice claimed that he held NSA wiretap orders targeting numerous members of the U.S. government, including one for a young senator from Illinois named Barack Obama.

"In the summer of 2004, one of the papers that I held in my hand was to wiretap a bunch of numbers associated with a forty-some-year-old senator from Illinois. You wouldn't happen to know where that guy lives now would you? It's a big White House in Washington D.C. That's who the NSA went after. That's the President of the United States now."
    Tice added that he also saw orders to spy on Hillary Clinton, Senators John McCain and Diane Feinstein, then-Secretary of State Colin Powell, Gen. David Petraeus, and a current Supreme Court Justice.
    That sounds like a lot of abuse of the rules that govern NSA domestic spying. And that's exactly what Tice is claiming.

"The abuse is rampant and everyone is pretending that it's never happened, and it couldn't happen. ... I know [there was abuse] because I had my hands on the papers for these sorts of things: They went after high-ranking military officers; they went after members of congress — Senate and the House — especially on the intelligence committees and the armed services committees, lawyers, law firms, judges, State Department officials, part of the White House, multinational companies, financial firms, NGOs, civil rights groups ..."
    Tice told Sibel Edmonds' radio show that back in 2005 the NSA didn't have the processing power, infrastructure, and storage to collect everything, but a source inside the NSA today confirmed to him that increased capabilities allow the spy agency to copy "every domestic communication in this country, word for word, content, every phone conversation, every email — they are collecting everything in bulk and putting it in databases."

Thread Information