Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Sony
    Nintendo still running train on the console world

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Can't play audio CD's
    Must sell either 20,000,000 units or be on the market for 2 years before you can get the game at a discount
    Can't mod your own games, must pay for any new content
    DDR5 memory taking the PS4 to the next level
    Day 1 update causing huge network problems on launch
    Having to pay for online services
    Crappy APU
    1800.00 in Brazil
    MannyisGod and NASpurs on suicide watch after me or Symple19 post
    Jesus, that's the worst smack talk list ever
    no DLNA
    no mp3
    no external HD support

That's MUCH better

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nintendo still running train on the console world
    90% of the consumers are soccer moms buying for their elementary aged children. Not a great stat tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the PS4 is not going to support media servers I have to seriously consider not buying one. Just inexcuseable. Don't care too much about mp3 playback but I use my PS3 for a ton of media streaming. Not having it is a real bull move, IMO.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Yoshida's response..

Hope that means it will come in a future update..

Veteran
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I saw the PS4 controller in the back tonight while I was working and I was not impressed. I'm surprised we already have the controllers. I haven't seen the actual systems in the back. They probably won't get those until a week or two before the launch. Anyways, the PS4 controller looked like it was too wide and the distance from the d-pad to the square, circle, x, and triangle buttons is too far. And Sony ripped off the built in speaker from the Wii Remote. Why the do you need a speaker in a PS4 controller?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I saw the PS4 controller in the back tonight while I was working and I was not impressed. I'm surprised we already have the controllers. I haven't seen the actual systems in the back. They probably won't get those until a week or two before the launch. Anyways, the PS4 controller looked like it was too wide and the distance from the d-pad to the square, circle, x, and triangle buttons is too far. And Sony ripped off the built in speaker from the Wii Remote. Why the do you need a speaker in a PS4 controller?
    Almost everyone that has used the ds4 said the control is way better than ds3. Some even say it's better than the 360 control. I haven't used it but the thing i hated about the ds3 was the analog sticks and the triggers both of which look much improved on the ds4

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Banned
    My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    supposedly all/most games are gonna be like that

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    supposedly all/most games are gonna be like that
    Sucks for Xbox One. 1440p, 1600p, and 2160p are all going to become more relevant sometime in the near future, and 1080p is already a problem.

Banned
    My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    what happen to 4k?

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ars goes over ps4 faq:

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2013/1...ve-ps4-faq/#p3

The PS4 can’t stream audio and video files from a PC over DLNA

Another PS3 media feature that’s missing from the PS4 is the lack of DLNA support, which will be disappointing to anyone who planned to use their PS4 as a media hub for their living room. These days, chances are good that you have some other devices hooked up to your TV that do largely the same thing. Still, it’s a disappointing rollback.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what happen to 4k?
    2160p aka "4k"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    most smart tvs these days can have usb ports that can read any external hard drive

it has made the ps3/4 obsolete as a media hub

smart tv features and websurfing interfacing>>>console
    hence even a htpc is not needed for the smart tv, unless you plan to game on ur smart tv with the pc

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There are other ways to do it, but DLNA to a console is one of the huge benefits of having a console on that TV. I don't want to have a seperate device to do that when a ing 7 year old console can do it just fine. I don't want to have to with moving an extrnal hard drive to a TV when I have a networked computer with a media server on it that can stream DLNA video to a ing console. This is a HUGE up for me because I use my PS3 just as much for movie watching (not all DLNA - a lot on amazon and netflix) as I do for gaming. Not having MP3 support doens't really matter to me but its also pretty ing stupid.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    There are other ways to do it, but DLNA to a console is one of the huge benefits of having a console on that TV. I don't want to have a seperate device to do that when a ing 7 year old console can do it just fine. I don't want to have to with moving an extrnal hard drive to a TV when I have a networked computer with a media server on it that can stream DLNA video to a ing console. This is a HUGE up for me because I use my PS3 just as much for movie watching (not all DLNA - a lot on amazon and netflix) as I do for gaming. Not having MP3 support doens't really matter to me but its also pretty ing stupid.
    Isn't DLNA a standard created by SONY? It's a really dumb move and certainly intentional.

And I used mp3s to make custom soundtracks for some games (e.g. GT5). I mean I don't know why you'd play audio CDs in your PS4 (or at all), but still - why take this feature out? Can't all modern blu-ray players play audio CDs?

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does anyone here even know anyone who wants an XBox One? Unless one of their exclusives is a game that makes Mischa Brooks jump out my TV to blow me on my couch, I think I'll pass on Microsoft's bull .

LOL Redmond

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does anyone here even know anyone who wants an XBox One? Unless one of their exclusives is a game that makes Mischa Brooks jump out my TV to blow me on my couch, I think I'll pass on Microsoft's bull .

LOL Redmond
    The only thing I like about the Xbox One is the controller, but Sony has bridged some of the gap w/ the DS4.

Also..

PS4 Battlefield 4 running at 900p upscaled
    "next gen"
    Last edited by DJR210; 10-31-2013 at 01:09 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    most smart tvs these days can have usb ports that can read any external hard drive

it has made the ps3/4 obsolete as a media hub

smart tv features and websurfing interfacing>>>console
    hence even a htpc is not needed for the smart tv, unless you plan to game on ur smart tv with the pc
    The PS4 allows you to swap out the HDD for a larger one as long as it fits. 500 GB will fill QUICK if you download all of your games, and purchase movies, etc.

Banned
    My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Isn't DLNA a standard created by SONY? It's a really dumb move and certainly intentional.

And I used mp3s to make custom soundtracks for some games (e.g. GT5). I mean I don't know why you'd play audio CDs in your PS4 (or at all), but still - why take this feature out? Can't all modern blu-ray players play audio CDs?
    Because they want to push their Music Unlimited service. Which is actually a pretty good service as far as paying for music. It's just like ps+... pay for all this music and you can listen to it anywhere/anytime (phone app) but once your sub is up you dont "own" that music anymore...just like the free games you get on ps+

I wouldn't care if wasn't for the fact that this service doesn't have video game soundtracks, some underground music, etc. Cause it would save a lot of hard drive space on my ps4,phone and vita, and save time transferring music between devices.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They may cave and add it, wasn't it added via fw update after launch on ps3?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Boy, am I excited!

Thread Information