View Poll Results: Did you shed a tear with today's loss?

Voters
107. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes. Proud tears.

13 12.15%
  • Yes. Sad tears.

36 33.64%
  • No. ... Real men don't cry.

58 54.21%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll admit that I cried.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was in complete shock after game 6. No way I could have cried. Game 7 seemed like it was a foregone conclusion.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah. I've just been numb since what happened in Game 6.
    Kind of this. I was disappointed last night, but game 6 took the impact out of it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Didn't cry. I cried in 04 and 06 tbh, but right now I feel nothing.

Still can't believe this happend to us.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As soon as the final buzzer sounded, I went fetal position, weeping uncontrollably. I was inconsolable.

My girlfriend heard my cries of desperation, found me on the floor and then drove me to the emergency room at a local hospital. I was stabilized sometime in the early morning hours.

Rough night, tbh...

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It was a basketball game that none of us played in.....

Although I was sadder than I care to admit. Seeing Duncan slam the floor at the end... that was terrible. Nothing can erase that pain, except another championship.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Didn't cry, but it felt like I was being stabbed because of how close we were.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If any Heat fan talks smack, we can always reply: "Congratulations on your 4th championship........Oh, wait."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wanted to but I just didn't have it in me. If this was really an end of an era, I'd be devastated. But next year the same team will be back, a couple of differences.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    crying over a basketball game

I mean the loss hurt and all (moreso than any other in franchise history), but it's not like a family member died.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Honestly, I cried. I'm still depressed right now. Like what timvp said, he can't blame us if we're emotionally invested just like me. Spurs has been a big part of my childhood life, they're the reason why I love basketball. Because of them, I learned how to play and developed my skill in basketball. They're my inspiration too. It's just really really sad esp. seeing Tim Duncan like that. Not to mention he just lost his wife few months ago, he doesn't deserved that! Just really really sad.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Game 6 made me numb for last few days that I couldn't even cry. The feeling I got from this game is the same feeling you get when your in school taking finals for a class you hate. You know most likely the odds of passing are not that good but your just glad to get it out of the way. That's pretty much how I felt about this game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not me, and i was one of the true believers since the beginning of the season.

i can't say i didn't see this coming the moment that Pop tried to beat the Heat playing their game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Game 6 tore my heart out and dented my chest plate

yesterday I was so cynical that every time LeBron hit one of those fluke shots (and Wade, and Battier, and Chalmers...) and every time Manu had another turnover and every time Duncan missed a layup

oh forget it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Definitely ed up my hand punching a wall.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Too stunned to cry.
    this.
    just had a blank stare that didn't go away

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you didn't cry at some point or get choked up you fall into one of the following categories:

A. You don't love this team as much as you think you do.

B. You are a cynical hard person that knows the existence of a loving God is unlikely and happens.

C. You had your tear ducts removed due to a medical condition and you wanted to cry but couldn't. NOT your fault

D. You are a machismo asshole that took it out on your wife/girlfriend/both and fell asleep with empty beer cans all around you.

E. You have no soul. Not to be confused with B ..

F. You believe in CIA Pop and know he is just pulling a slow burn on the Heat by spotting them this Chip so we can take it from them next year.

Me? I'm easy. I cried. A little.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought I would cry after game 6. But that loss was so surreal...that my mind just numbed itself. I watched game 7 like a zombie...zero yelling or emotions (I was way more into every playoff game and many regular season games than this one). It just felt like a foregone conclusion. I felt blank as I watched Tim Duncan, my favorite player ever miss that layup....I felt blank seeing him devastated. As the game ended, I stared blankly at the screen....then walked into the bathroom and cried for a minute. It's like two days of terrible emotions came out right then.

Granted this is not a big deal in the grand scheme of things but when you love a team (TRULY LOVE A TEAM), it hurts. Couple that with Game 6 being maybe the most devastating loss in NBA history and I'll readily admit that I cried for the first time for the Spurs since I was 11 in 1995.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Game 6 was the time to cry.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought I would cry after game 6. But that loss was so surreal...that my mind just numbed itself. I watched game 7 like a zombie...zero yelling or emotions (I was way more into every playoff game and many regular season games than this one). It just felt like a foregone conclusion. I felt blank as I watched Tim Duncan, my favorite player ever miss that layup....I felt blank seeing him devastated. As the game ended, I stared blankly at the screen....then walked into the bathroom and cried for a minute. It's like two days of terrible emotions came out right then.
    Granted this is not a big deal in the grand scheme of things but when you love a team (TRULY LOVE A TEAM), it hurts. Couple that with Game 6 being maybe the most devastating loss in NBA history and I'll readily admit that I cried for the first time for the Spurs since I was 11 in 1995.
    This was the second time I cried for the Spurs.

The first time was last year after Game 6 of the WCF @ OKC. Last year's cry was a different type of cry though. I was raging. I wanted to burn $tern and those fu*king ref$ alive for robbing us of a Game 7.

Last night's cry were a couple of tears as I watched Duncan's 5th slipping away when he missed that hook shot.

BTW I lived and enjoyed all four of the Spurs championshiops and I've seen all of the Spurs struggles and hearbreaking losses. I never once shed a tear until last year. I guess I'm becoming more EMO since I don't know how long it will be before Duncan retires. Oh God, I'm gonna cry so bad when Duncan actually retires.
    Last edited by TheGreatYacht; 06-22-2013 at 12:36 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i wanted to cry but i couldn't. it was weird. but one thing for sure. i could not sleep till like 5 30 am. was up all night rolling and turning

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    not me

I don't cry

hater don't cry

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So which category, Hater? Jk bro peace

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Too stunned to cry.
    same here, especially after game 6

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I didn't cry but didn't feel good about the series especially for Tim.

Thread Information