Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Honestly, Gregg Popovich never would have won a championship if it weren't for Duncan, Malik Rose, Bruce Bowen, David Robinson and Fabricio Oberto. The guy practically had it handed to him on a silver platter. Now that he doesn't have 80% of that championship roster with good rebounding and interior defense and an elite scorer, his true inadequacies at coaching are being shown.

At some point you just have to shake your head when you see who Gregg Popovich is deciding to trot out there...

GP... Tony Parker is the guy you have chosen as your #1 option? Really? This guy has been inconsistent his entire career, only goes 9 for 35 in the last two games of the NBA finals, and you choose him as who you run your offense through? He should be a #2 option, where he would excel. Figure this out.

GP... Danny Green was the starting shooting guard? Sure, you finally managed to realize he is by no means a good starting shooting guard, but why even start him in the first place when even the Cleveland Cavaliers didn't want him starting for them? He has always been inconsistent and clearly isn't ready to lead a team. You should have found a better option.

GP... you started Tiago Splitter at PF? Really? You literally just made the San Antonio Spurs the 2012-2013 worst starting PF team in the NBA finals. Sure, it was short lived because now the season is over, but what what point did you decide an NBA Championship Contending Team should ever start Tiago Splitter in stead of an actually serviceable power forward capable of leading an offense. And why are you now choosing to start a 37 year old Duncan instead of playing a C that would actually make a meaningful shot in the closing minutes of the NBA finals?

GP... Leonard is supposed to be the defensive anchor on LeBron? Brilliant Popovich. Freaking brilliant. The guy is barely an average free throw shooter, but obviously is a poor choice to stop LeBron single-handedly defensively. Also, he has been incredibly inconsistent offensively for the last 2 seasons. Why give him so many minutes?

GP... you keep playing Manu Ginobili. The guy shows zero ability to avoid turnovers and can't buy a bucket, even with those $millions he has from being good once upon a time... If you're going to coach your player who is a career 45% shooter to suddenly start only hitting 40% of his shots in the playoffs, I suggest you make some serious changes to your shooting drills.

GP... you have chosen to bench Tracy McGrady. Seriously? He is a career 20 point per game scorer and would go a long way towards making sure we are no longer the worst scoring team in the NBA finals. Besides, you really should be playing him next to a strong interior defender to make up for his inadequacy as a defender who gets pushed around easily with his small frame, and yet you fail to put him in with an elite, strong, mobile interior defender.

GP... what happened to the defense? Sure, it was perfectly executed by those guys who handed you a championship, but why abandon it now when it so clearly was an integral part to a championship? The formula was quite simple back in 1999... have an elite defensive anchor in the middle capable of covering a lot of space at one time followed by a 7 footer at the 4 and ultimately well executed by intelligent and veteran players who have built a year of chemistry. Figure it out GP. Your head is on the chopping block.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're late.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You people need to get the over this. HE'S GOING NOWHERE.

Kawhiiii
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With all that, we made it to 28 secs from a championship. He must be a great coach

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Greg Popovich will be the head coach of the spurs until he decides that he doesn't want the job anymore. My guess is that he will move back to the front office at that point with the same role that Pat Riley has in Miami.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Greg Popovich will be the head coach of the spurs until he decides that he doesn't want the job anymore. My guess is that he will move back to the front office at that point with the same role that Pat Riley has in Miami.
    I think he's going to go run his vineyard after he retires from coaching.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why don't we run to the President of the Spurs Basketball and have him fire a 4 time championship coach. Why don't we ask him to remove the coach who has directed the Spurs for 16 years to 16 playoffs. Why don't we ask Coach Popovich to meet with the President of Spurs basketball. Only one man will decide when it is time for him to leave and that is Popovich himself. He is his own boss. He is the President of Spurs Basketball. Get over your lazy self and move along. You can come back when "you" have coached the Mavs to more than one championship.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A Mav fan giving Spurs advice about out coach? You have your own sorry-ass coaching problem to deal with, and sorry-ass team too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    saw, "bench Tracy McGrady. Seriously?" on a quick glance

Decided not to read any of it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Leonard is supposed to be the defensive anchor on LeBron? Brilliant Popovich. Freaking brilliant. The guy is barely an average free throw shooter, but obviously is a poor choice to stop LeBron single-handedly defensively. Also, he has been incredibly inconsistent offensively for the last 2 seasons. Why give him so many minutes?"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh look, SBM made a new account.

silverblk mystix
    Oh look, SBM made a new account.
    Give me some credit - When I post something it is truth.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Terry in that avatar

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dumb !

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You want to fire pop and hire who ? Nothing but scrub coaches man stfu

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I firmly believe Pop messed up and cost us a le in game 6. I think he was trying to make himself look good by putting Timmy on the bench and making others guard the perimeter. He out thought himself. If the Spurs had won he would have looked great. They lost, and he looks like a moron, too much ego in his decision to bench Timmy. Now we are paying. That being said, I think his the current best coach in the NBA. It's somewhat of a miracle we got to the finals, and SHOULD have won, given our roster. He is a great coach, who is human and not perfect. What a concept. He isn't going anywhere, and the Spurs will be right back in the hunt this next season. Only 4 months to go, I am counting down the days lol.

We have cash money to spend and should land a quality quality big. Maybe a Forward or an upgraded SG. The Spurs are set. This hurt badly. It still hurts badly, actually it hurts more and more each day TBH. I'm not sure if the pain will ever subside. But the window is open, it will be for the next 2 years. After that, Timmy retires along with Manu. Enjoy the next 2 years while we can.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Give me some credit - When I post something it is truth.
    That's a lie. You're a huge liar, liar.

Your e-credit is shot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You want to fire pop and hire who ?
    I have yet to see a member of the Fire Pop krew answer this.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree fire him in Duncan`s last year, bring in someone who has no job or as good as track record as Pop, start from scratch, erase the last decade and a bit of constantly performing, and that should be the answer. Yup get rid of a brilliant coach for a mistake. Get over it, we all have....

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have yet to see a member of the Fire Pop krew answer this.
    VDN......For sentimental purpose. AJ can be his assistant, Rodman can be personal relations, and Robinson as drill master...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I firmly believe Pop messed up and cost us a le in game 6. I think he was trying to make himself look good by putting Timmy on the bench and making others guard the perimeter. He out thought himself. If the Spurs had won he would have looked great. They lost, and he looks like a moron, too much ego in his decision to bench Timmy
    I can't believe it was about EGO. A championship is on the line you win it anyway you can.. If Pop was all about EGO he would not have been so gracious with the Heat after it was over. He'd made a thousand excuses about the loss like Phil Jackson always would. He made a legit tactical decision that did not pan out. He wanted to match up on the perimeter and trusted his guys to get the rebound after the miss. Not putting Tim back in when Bosh got on the floor was to me the biggest coaching blunder of his career but I don't think it was about EGO. He just ed up..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How can OP on playing Leonard when he was our best option and flat out amazing in the Finals? Must be trolling.

as for Pop, I think he is overrated in his in game adjustments but I also think he's one of the best big picture guys in the NBA. His ability to keep older guys rested while using all the players available should not be overlooked. I think ultimately his faith in Ginobili was his biggest mistake. Ginobili just isn't the same mentally or physically.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    GP... you started Tiago Splitter at PF? Really? You literally just made the San Antonio Spurs the 2012-2013 worst starting PF team in the NBA finals. Sure, it was short lived because now the season is over, but what what point did you decide an NBA Championship Contending Team should ever start Tiago Splitter in stead of an actually serviceable power forward capable of leading an offense. And why are you now choosing to start a 37 year old Duncan instead of playing a C that would actually make a meaningful shot in the closing minutes of the NBA finals?
    Tim Duncan = Greatest PF of all time, 4 time NBA Champion, 3 time Finals MVP, Top 10 All-time player.

Dirk Nowitzki = Top 100 All-time, 1 NBA Champoinship, soft that doesn't play defense, 2013 Mavericks are a lottery team.

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. ROFLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL GTFO. You mad bro?
    Last edited by TheGreatYacht; 06-23-2013 at 02:00 PM.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    You want to fire pop and hire who ? Nothing but scrub coaches man stfu
    give someone young a shot you never know maybe fabreezey or shaw or somethin

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You people need to get the over this. HE'S GOING NOWHERE.
    .......... I think some doubt him now in here and question his moves but honestly they are not in the FINALS with the talent they had without Pops system! He is a main reason they were there and almost won it. Put a bum coach on this team they are not near where they were, the minutes he monitors and so on during the year are key he is a great coach.
    give someone young a shot you never know maybe fabreezey or shaw or somethin
    Mavs fan are you trying to get rid of us SPURS lol! Fabreezey? Come on man lol.

BTW your take on Leonard is PURE SHYT! Inconsistent for two years? He is 21 and had a of a finals! Are you serious? He is a budding star. Why give him so many minutes? He was the least of our problems. He at 21 will not stop Bron, nobody can! He played his ass off though on O boards and he shot the ball well and his little turn shot in the lane was money! Leonard is a key reason we almost won. He can't shoot FT's? He missed one okay! He is over 80% on those FT's though! Thats not being able to shoot FT's? I was sure after his miss he would let it effect him and mess his mind up and he might blame himself, but he came out game 7 even better! Kid has that IT factor I talk about which I want on my team. GTFO with that crap.

Thread Information