Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Leonard isn't a better defender, tbh, I'd have George as slightly better..

A player's defensive impact generally declines with more offensive responsibility, obviously..
    Great point, we will see how KL's defense holds up with more offensive responsibility.
    But I still give KL a slight edge on defense right now ...

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    George by far.

George is a second tier all-star. Kawhi is a deluxe role player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    George by far.

allstar is misleading, when every man and his dog knows its nothing more than a popularity contest, same with the all nba/defensive teams...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Everyone underestimating Kawhi.... Yall are gonna be shocked when this nalga is in the discussion for an all-time top 30-10 NBA player

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I still ain't convinced on George.

Leonard? I'm hoping that it's not real. That would be a problem. An injury would be welcome here. Something to slow him down, take the wind out of his sails. A stopper in the bottle, monkey in the wrench. You get the idea.
    i guess thats the best complement we could expect from you

that shit i don't like rayjayjohnson's Avatar
    My Team
    Denver Nuggets
    Post Count
    George, because he doesn't play for a welshers team

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Leonard by far. Kid just dropped 19 and 16 in game 7 of the NBA Finals at the age of 21 without having plays called for him. He was able to drive on Lebron whenever he wanted, and has shown a good pull up midrange jumper in the past. His post game looks solid as well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Leonard.

George is too inconsistent in what I have seen of him.

Both are similar molds but I believe Leonard's defense and rebounding is more valuable to a team than George's (slightly) better offense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    George's stats are gonna drop next season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    leonard without plays for him posting up them numbers, is like stephenson who was given free reigns without a defender bothering to defend him in the heat/pacers series,

not saying stephenson is on leonards level, but happens when teams dont play defense on you

Inthe land of audiophiles angelbelow's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi Leonard in the NBA finals averaged: 14 points, 11 rebounds, 2 steals, 51% FG.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if Kawhi had an offense running through him, i'm sure we would see those volume stats george has

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if Kawhi had an offense running through him, i'm sure we would see those volume stats george has
    PG has a good team around him he can fully utilize, dont like his decision making everytime he has the ball going downcourt he is always looking to score then finding another open man to help with the team offense production...

seems like every quarter you see him dribble down court chucks up a 3 cause he felt like it....whether his confident of his chucking, but damn is there really a need for him to go kobemode like that chucking

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Paul George is more offensively rounded and is a great defensive player already.

Kawhi is terrific as a one-on-one defender, among the best in the league today and is getting better at team defense. His potential as a lock down defender is possibly the highest in the league for small forwards/ swingmen/ guards.

But Kawhi is still a ways to go before he attains George's offensive repertoire. He has to better his ball handling and passing. Plus the coaching staff has to develop his mid range, shot creating for self game as well. George has a one year edge over Kawhi too.

All in all, it is easy to say that George is slightly ahead in the overall game as of now, but Leonard has a slightly better ceiling. In 3-4 years time, these two could be among the best players in the league.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Paul George is more offensively rounded and is a great defensive player already.

Kawhi is terrific as a one-on-one defender, among the best in the league today and is getting better at team defense. His potential as a lock down defender is possibly the highest in the league for small forwards/ swingmen/ guards.

But Kawhi is still a ways to go before he attains George's offensive repertoire. He has to better his ball handling and passing. Plus the coaching staff has to develop his mid range, shot creating for self game as well. George has a one year edge over Kawhi too.

All in all, it is easy to say that George is slightly ahead in the overall game as of now, but Leonard has a slightly better ceiling. In 3-4 years time, these two could be among the best players in the league.
    cant be the best if parker is still here

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Leonard will be better cause he works harder than anyone in the league

My Favorite Faded Fantasy The Gemini Method's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    This is a great question. I do wonder about PG's decision making but then again, he is only 22. Being that he is a 6'9 playing at the 2 when he'd probably do himself better if he bulked up a little and made the 3 his full-time position is undoubtedly the more talented of the two. Maybe not a huge gap between the two. With that being said, Kawhi proved his mettle in the Finals having to guard the best player on the planet and then providing 14 and 11 as a 2nd year player is in itself, a promising thing. I think if Pop is around a while longer, Leonard is going to be on the fringe of s om but he could also be a viable 2nd or 3rd option as well. PG might not be in Indiana for his entire career, but at this point I would say PG but Kawhi is also a heady defender whereas George would make too many mistakes in the 7 game series.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    bump

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that parker couldnt hold kawhi back this g ame even withthe hero ball antics

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I think George has the higher ceiling. He could be a Super Star while Kawhi's ceiling is All Star Selection with 2nd All NBA Team selection. That said, I also believe something in George screams "choker" and/or "overpaid" while Kawhi IMO will be much more consistent but without the glamorous numbers which George can do.
    Solid take bro

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I still ain't convinced on George.

Leonard? I'm hoping that it's not real. That would be a problem. An injury would be welcome here. Something to slow him down, take the wind out of his sails. A stopper in the bottle, monkey in the wrench. You get the idea.
    Called it, you glorious bas .

How did you know?

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    I like both players, but Leonard has the higher ceiling imho.... he was really impressive in the Finals, especially defensively, tbh.....
    The goods ^

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nice.

How Durbeta getting all salty? He still ain't over Kawhi holding him to 6 points below his season average.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

hasta la victoria, siempre cheguevara's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    George by far.

Thread Information