Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I don't disagree. Personally, it should be Kawhi and Lebron but these media driven awards are unfortunately not necessarily bestowed on the best players in the league. The voting panel are no better than casual fans, tbh.
    Disagree though LeBron is,the best of the 3 at mid-season Kiwi and Durant have had better years ...this season. LeBron has been coasting ...he is only 30th in off rating,

Veteran
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Disagree though LeBron is,the best of the 3 at mid-season Kiwi and Durant have had better years ...
    Really? I think Leonard is no-brainer, a 2 way player with elite defense is automatic. Lebron is a catalyst and is the only reason the Cavs are not in the lottery and I mean that with no shades of exaggeration.

Warriors will not skip a beat without Durant.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    BTW Durant has a better drating as well ...
    Personally I think drating is , but es on here that clung to it when Kiwi led Draymond last year in drating don't get to sweep it aside when Durant is posting a better number than KL ...

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    If Spurs are locked in that 2nd seed wouldn't be surprised to see Pop resting Kawhi in some of the big games down the stretch to make sure he doesn't get MVP/1st team award tbh

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Really? I think Leonard is no-brainer, a 2 way player with elite defense is automatic. Lebron is a catalyst and is the only reason the Cavs are not in the lottery and I mean that with no shades of exaggeration.

I don't think first team All NBA factors that I think that is more of a mvp narrative...

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

Like you said not sure how they leave off the best player and the best player off the best team. This is not a knock on Kiwi his,defense has slipped a bit from his goat level standards but his offense has increased more ... he is a bad ass.
    No disgrace in being the third best in the league when Elway and Montana are ahead of you...

Veteran
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    I don't think first team All NBA factors that I think that is more of a mvp narrative...
    Which? That Lebron is essentially the Cleveland's first and only lifeline? If so, I think it's appalling to leave an MVP runner-up from All NBA selections.

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    Leonard isn't a better defender, tbh, I'd have George as slightly better..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Surprising number of good takes in the thread. I honestly would have said George had the higher ceiling a few years back.

Hindsight is always 20-20 though.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Bingo the post I was alluding to ...
    Even with the slight dip in his, defense this year
    Kiwi may be the best wing defender I have ever seen he does so many little things well and I saw that in his second Finals ...it's not just that he defends LeBron the best but he has great timing and smarts along with length and strength best defender since prime GP Pippen and Rodman when he is dialed in ..

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't disagree. Personally, it should be Kawhi and Lebron but these media driven awards are unfortunately not necessarily bestowed on the best players in the league. The voting panel are no better than casual fans, tbh.
    +1

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    I've always liked both players and I've always favored Kawhi's potential over George's. But when comparing the two, it's unfair to ignore that George has (understandably) never been quite the same since he broke his leg at the Olympics. I'd imagine the gap between them would be a lot closer right now if that never happened.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bingo the post I was alluding to ...
    Even with the slight dip in his, defense this year
    Kiwi may be the best wing defender I have ever seen he does so many little things well and I saw that in his second Finals ...it's not just that he defends LeBron the best but he has great timing and smarts along with length and strength best defender since prime GP Pippen and Rodman when he is dialed in ..
    That was 4 years ago Paul George was the best perimeter defender in the NBA and anchored(along with Hibbert) the best defense in the NBA, at the time..he was a metrics monster..

And I still think he had the higher ceiling..he has been blessed with a better body for basketball than Kawhi, with his height and athleticism..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Which is criminal considering the star power those two play with while Leonard has 7 new players in the system, outscoring both of them and is a much better defender.
    Kawhi and Bron both average 25.9 ppg, while Bron is averaging 9 apg to Kawhi's 3 apg

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He follows up last night stinker vs Lebron with 6-19 game vs Otto Porter and the Pacers lose a 6 straight..Virtually all Top 10 SFs have owned H2H this year.

I think he is mentally checked out and probably doesn't want to be in Indy anymore..

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^^He doesn't try on defense anymore, either

It's obvious he has checked out..tough to blame him, he has the worst GM and coach combination in the NBA..who the hires Nate McMillan in 2017?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi, its marginal athletically but the difference in teammates and organization in general stacks the deck insanely in the Claws favor tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi and Bron both average 25.9 ppg, while Bron is averaging 9 apg to Kawhi's 3 apg
    Yer well Bron runs the point with Kyrie as his back up now that King Delly has taken his talents elsewhere.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yer well Bron runs the point with Kyrie as his back up now that King Delly has taken his talents elsewhere.
    implying Kawhi could do what Bron dies for that cabs team

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    pre injury, if pg is so great he would've had a winning h2h % against the top tier players at his position

hence so great cant even beat lebron in a series while kawhi has already won 1 and continues to win h2h games ever since...

this guy puts up empty stats man

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He follows up last night stinker vs Lebron with 6-19 game vs Otto Porter and the Pacers lose a 6 straight..Virtually all Top 10 SFs have owned H2H this year.

I think he is mentally checked out and probably doesn't want to be in Indy anymore..

It's obvious he has checked out..tough to blame him, he has the worst GM and coach combination in the NBA..who the hires Nate McMillan in 2017?
    Any hope he can land in SA to be Kawhi's best henchman ?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    even though he has checked out, the player with potential on the pacers to rebuild around is that turner kid...his fkn good if he continues to improve his game

but wasn't the pacers breakup was pg own doing with the shenanigans off the court?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Go yourself Bill ..Proof you don't watch NBA basketball anymore outside Celtics and TNT games....PG hasnt' even been a Top 5 SF this season.

Last edited by spursistan; 02-17-2017 at 12:12 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Jimmy Butler isn't in a better situation (arguably worse roster-wise), yet that didn't prevent him from taking another leap and perform like Top 10 player this year..Honestly, George has a lot of Melo in him: all that talent, but he craves the limelights a little more than winning (local media has started calling him out for his inconsistency and not wanting to play the 4)..

Deep down, he feels like he's outgrown Indy..My bet he is going to be the first star to turn down the new super max and bolt to LA in 2018..If I'm Indiana I would probably trade him to Boston this summer for the two Nets picks and start rebuilding in earnest....

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think he's that good anymore, though, tbh..I feel like he isn't giving effort, but I haven't actually been impressed by him in like 2 years, even in games where he's motivated..he has always been a chucker, too..kind of a waste of talent/athleticism..

Butler is easily better, overall..

Thread Information