Veteran
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Off Season talk tbh. Be objective.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I say George but I love KL's defense. PG also can be a bit too passive at times, but KL has not been asked to be even a #3 option conistently while PG has flourished as feature star. I vote PG but KL may prove the better player when featured ...we shall see.

Veteran
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    I say George but I love KL's defense. PG also can be a bit too passive at times, but KL has not been asked to be even a #3 option conistently while PG has flourished as feature star. I vote PG but KL may prove the better player when featured ...we shall see.

Good take. Exactly what I feel.

I think George has the higher ceiling. He could be a Super Star while Kawhi's ceiling is All Star Selection with 2nd All NBA Team selection. That said, I also believe something in George screams "choker" and/or "overpaid" while Kawhi IMO will be much more consistent but without the glamorous numbers which George can do.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the only thing i dont like about PG is his decision making shooting, dude just pulls the trigger when he feels like it, whether its a bad or good shot he still take it...

hence dude has the green light to chuck and play outside whatever PACERS system is, too many ISO for him

KL needs the green light to chuck, hence if he receive the same amount of touches of FGA as PG, you can see a better production from him offensively...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    George is 6'9, but does that make him kind of a tweener? He plays the 2, but is that his true position being 6'9? Also, can he defend the 1, 2, and 3 half as well as Kawhi can? I wouldn't say PG has a higher ceiling, because Kawhi's offensive game is still somewhat raw and is constantly improving, and with his defensive mindset being his cornerstone, he can be the better player.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I still ain't convinced on George.

Leonard? I'm hoping that it's not real. That would be a problem. An injury would be welcome here. Something to slow him down, take the wind out of his sails. A stopper in the bottle, monkey in the wrench. You get the idea.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't worry, when he's leading the Spurs, they won't have a legendary big man to protect the rim, so the team ceiling would most likely be 2nd round (given we have a "decent" big man).

Veteran
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    the only thing i dont like about PG is his decision making shooting, dude just pulls the trigger when he feels like it, whether its a bad or good shot he still take it...

hence dude has the green light to chuck and play outside whatever PACERS system is, too many ISO for him

KL needs the green light to chuck, hence if he receive the same amount of touches of FGA as PG, you can see a better production from him offensively...
    Yeah, but can you blame PG? With Indiana's offense, he really is the perimeter offense. If anything, I thought in games 6 and 7, he was too passive when the pacers really needed offense. Lance Stephenson and George Hill were basically carrying him when it should be the other way around. He should chuck more with that lineup tbh since West disappeared.

We'll see how if he works in his game this season. he also need some more work with his body and conditioning. I understand no one can stop Lebron, but James was really and bullying him. I cound't say the same when Loenard guarded James on those few occassions.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi didn't have 1 game in his 7 game series with LeBron where he didn't show up. George went MIA quite a bit

Banned
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    George

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi didn't have 1 game in his 7 game series with LeBron where he didn't show up. George went MIA quite a bit
    I'd agree that KL is more consistent than George.

I just don't know if when KL is inconsistent it's because it's not his team. Remember how hard it was for KL and TP to coexist and KL to still put up some good offense? I wasn't paying attention to this all too much but it didn't feel like he'd get plays called for him.

George's offense has shown to have a whole lot higher of a peak than KL's. He can shoot 3s and drive when he's on. KL has been a pretty bad 3 point shooter when he's not in the corner.

I'd say George for now

Is there no one else? AchillesHeel's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    KL is more consistent than George and more efficient, his offense obviously isn't as good but his defense IMO is what makes him so great. PG is more all-around and can get you 7-8 assists next to 7-8 boards but will also shoot 3-10 and 6-20 in most games, not an efficient scorer with the amount of 3s he takes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Game on tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    George is 6'9, but does that make him kind of a tweener? He plays the 2, but is that his true position being 6'9? Also, can he defend the 1, 2, and 3 half as well as Kawhi can? I wouldn't say PG has a higher ceiling, because Kawhi's offensive game is still somewhat raw and is constantly improving, and with his defensive mindset being his cornerstone, he can be the better player.
    if you're fast and strong enough, being oversized is only an advantage, a tweener is basically one that is either too weak or small to guard bigger players and too slow to guard smaller players. George can guard the 2 pretty well.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They have the same flaws as players, tbh, the difference being that George has had the luxury of improving his game as a top option on his team, while Pop admitted he doesn't even run plays for Leonard..

I've been saying all year that casual fans stupidly believe that Kawhi is a product of the Spurs system, when in reality, the system hinders his offense..he's not a great spot-up shooter, but that's the role he was forced to play most of the year when he's on the floor with Parker, tbh..

George has improved his ball-handling immensely, while it's still a flaw for Leonard..George is also a very good passer, which isn't a strength for Leonard..OTOH, despite being smaller, Kawhi's post game is already more advanced than George's..as somebody else already said, George seems to have soft tendencies, too, while Leonard has already shown that he doesn't back down from anybody, tbh..

George has a slightly higher ceiling IMO, but it's close..Leonard has the advantage of learning under Duncan, Manu and Parker, too, tbh..

I ♥ adrienne&ashbeeigh vato loco's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    gonna go with the cali boy leonard

he's a bad boy, he's gonna be good real good

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They have the same flaws as players, tbh, the difference being that George has had the luxury of improving his game as a top option on his team, while Pop admitted he doesn't even run plays for Leonard..

I've been saying all year that casual fans stupidly believe that Kawhi is a product of the Spurs system, when in reality, the system hinders his offense..he's not a great spot-up shooter, but that's the role he was forced to play most of the year when he's on the floor with Parker, tbh..

George has improved his ball-handling immensely, while it's still a flaw for Leonard..George is also a very good passer, which isn't a strength for Leonard..OTOH, despite being smaller, Kawhi's post game is already more advanced than George's..as somebody else already said, George seems to have soft tendencies, too, while Leonard has already shown that he doesn't back down from anybody, tbh..

George has a slightly higher ceiling IMO, but it's close..Leonard has the advantage of learning under Duncan, Manu and Parker, too, tbh..

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    KL has a higher ceiling. He's a better defender already. Difference? PG is a 1st option - or close to it depending on their opponent. KL is like 3rd or 4th at best. He gets the scraps. Hopefully that changes next year. Pop should have him eat 2nd after TP. Then we'll see the legit triple threat player he can become.

They both played against LBJ. I think KL didn't back down once. PG did. KL showed us all that he belonged on the court with LBJ on the biggest stage. Pop needs to take the handcuffs off him next year if he is going to replace TD as the franchise player tbh. I love that kid's game.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Leonard isn't a better defender, tbh, I'd have George as slightly better..

A player's defensive impact generally declines with more offensive responsibility, obviously..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I still ain't convinced on George.

Leonard? I'm hoping that it's not real. That would be a problem. An injury would be welcome here. Something to slow him down, take the wind out of his sails. A stopper in the bottle, monkey in the wrench. You get the idea.
    Tacit acknowledgement. We will take it.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    George TBH

Transition 3 Willbreaker Captivus's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Player
    G GS MP FG FGA FG% 3P 3PA 3P% FT FTA FT% ORB DRB TRB AST STL BLK TOV PF PTS
    Paul George 22 19 19 780 5.5 12.8 .430 1.6 4.8 .327 4.3 5.9 .727 0.7 5.8 6.5 4.4 1.2 0.4 3.5 3.3 16.8
    Kawhi Leonard 21 21 21 775 5.3 9.8 .545 1.1 2.7 .390 1.4 2.3 .633 2.3 6.5 8.8 1.0 1.7 0.5 1.1 1.9 13.2

POs stats per 36, this season.

I would say PG... but Kiwi is 1 year younger and with 1 less season experience. I think next year is gonna be a better time for comparisons.

Kiwi will get more touches like PG does. He has a higher FG%, so if he takes 3 more shots a game (to match PG) he could tie the points stats. His 3P% is also higher with fewer attempts. IMO, ORB are very important and Kiwi had more than 2 a game. Paul has more ASS, thats the stats thats Kiwi doesnt have.

Kiwi's defense is great and will only improve and that doesn't show in the box score.
    Paul had 7.3 rebounds in the RS and 6.5 in the POs.
    Kiwi had 6.9 rebounds in the RS and 8.8 in the POs...mmm....
    Almost all "important" advanced stats favor Kiwi, PER, EFG%, TOV%, Win Shares.

Conclusion, I want to wait 1 more year for my final opinion...

Scarlett our Goddess4ever
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I'll stick to my original assessment of this player, he's not gonna be better than the best of Smokey that we saw in the 05-07 era, and he's already playing close to his full potential. Leonard plays SF but has the wingspan of a center, which makes him a freak of his position and a matchup trouble to most small forwards in the league, but it doesn't mean he can handle things like a superstar does. He's only the 3rd or 4th option on the spurs, and I doubt he could be nearly as efficient as Paul George if the other teams start to treat him as a superstar, they way they do Paul George. Leonard is a good player, borderline all-star with the prime Smokey/G-force being his ceiling

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ceiling: Superstar, a poor man's Lebron
    Likely: Multiple All-star selections, face of the Spurs Franchise, Borderline Superstar

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    I like both players, but Leonard has the higher ceiling imho.... he was really impressive in the Finals, especially defensively, tbh.....

Thread Information